It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW uneditted VIDEO. So Cal Sept 14. No Meteor!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
The thread IS about the video but how many times can one give an opinion? I cannot prove the video is real.Can you prove it isn't? Or is?

'gift0fpr0phecy's' video of a space shuttle night launch looks remarkably similar to the vieo in the OP.

Perhaps I can't "Prove" that the video in the OP is a video of a space shuttle night launch, but it seems relatively likely that it is.

And no offense but we have enough moderators here at ATS to tell me or anyone else to keep on topic. So I think it best you stick to being a member and not a pseudo mod!
Thanks

Perhaps I came across as sounding like a mod, but I was simply trying to point out why we should be discussing the OP video rather than your assertion that since people saw SOMETHING that night, that should not stop us from discussing the sighting in general. We should discuss it, but this thread is about the video.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have become a very skeptical believer for several reasons.
1. It is far too easy to hoax a video these days
2. People do not get out and view the skies as often as they should and easily misidentify night sky objects.
3. Rarely are we provided enough facts with a great video of an anomalous object (Date, time, direction of video) to make an accurate elimination of what the object truly isn’t.
4. If we cannot eliminate what the object isn’t then yes it is a UFO but only by default.

I know that the first video is most likely a night launch, which DO launch from California. The video from the news report is anomalous but again falls under my categories for disbelief. Another point is that Jupiter is now out in the night sky and I guarantee you I can videotape it to make it look like it is moving! So without stars or street lights or something as a frame of reference it is impossible to verify it is moving or the videographer is!

Sorry any more just a video does not do it for me to prove it is mysterious, a UFO yes only because we cannot identify what it is. But alien or anomalous probably not…

edit on 16-9-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The thread IS about the video but how many times can one give an opinion? I cannot prove the video is real.Can you prove it isn't? Or is?

'gift0fpr0phecy's' video of a space shuttle night launch looks remarkably similar to the vieo in the OP.

Perhaps I can't "Prove" that the video in the OP is a video of a space shuttle night launch, but it seems relatively likely that it is.

And no offense but we have enough moderators here at ATS to tell me or anyone else to keep on topic. So I think it best you stick to being a member and not a pseudo mod!
Thanks

Perhaps I came across as sounding like a mod, but I was simply trying to point out why we should be discussing the OP video rather than your assertion that since people saw SOMETHING that night, that should not stop us from discussing the sighting in general. We should discuss it, but this thread is about the video.

Was there an space mission scheduled at these times? If not, who and what is sended into space?
edit on 16-9-2011 by Oxize because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oxize
Was there an space mission scheduled at these times? If not, who and what is sended into space?

It was perhaps a video of an old launch.

The YouTube member who uploaded that video ('jfrissina') is a person who has been associated with possible hoax videos several times in the past.

edit on 9/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It is pictures like this that make me feel the OP video might be authentic from Wednesday. Which by the way was described as moving UPWARD.

FROM ACTUAL VIDEO

I got thinking about what some of you are saying (how the video might be stock footage of something else etc). I don't give people that much credit for being THAT fast to pull a fast one on us.

I can't tell when he actually uploaded it but judging by his first 'comment' it was almost immediately after the news spread.

I mean, I am not naive to the fact that people pull hoaxes all the time but....within moments? And getting just the right hoax-footage from an archive somewhere that matches up pretty well to witness testimony? I don't know, I don't think too many people are that creativity fast!
edit on 16-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: edit to add: Actual Footage

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Oxize

It was perhaps a video of an old launch.

The YouTube member who uploaded that video ('jfrissina') is a person who has been associated with possible hoax videos several times in the past.

edit on 9/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: spelling

Oh say it ain't so!?!

I didn't even bother checking his old videos. I just saw the original one from one of my subscriber's uploads!
(and I did NOT steal this from other site twhich, I think I'm being excused of)

But still (trying to save face here) Look at the picture and then, the screen-grab of video I inserted above. They're too similar for me to dismiss it as a hoax.
Besides, word up that there was very likely more than TWO sightings that night.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Mocking the thread maker is childish the video he provided might not look credible but look up the incident and you will find more videos of this mass sighting so far it remains unexplained and in all likely hood will remain so, i have heard stupid claims like its a meteor its NASA satellite.Obviously its not meteor due to colour movement being stationary at times.Its also not NASA s falling satellite which is not due to re enter till next month or so. Plus they would know the trajectory were and when it would re enter if it was there's they would state so. so please try harder debunkers rather then silly cocky comments

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

If this is the same object from Cali this week it is a meteor. Every professional video (not shaking and focusing in and out) shows clearly its breaking apart and burning up. This is not the one to jump on for UFO or as I call them Angels Vehicles...

EDIT - The color change is easily explained. burn copper, mercury and other heavy metals at the re-entry speed and see what they burn like.
edit on 9/16/2011 by theindependentjournal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is a helicopter. That is my official opinion, based on the fact that I have seen many different types of military aircraft, and the fact that it sounds like a helicopter. The camera was also having a bit of trouble with its focusing, which caused some weirdness towards the end of the video.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

Don't you try to spin my post into an ad hominem attack, you won't succeed.

Being critical of what sources are presented is a perfectly legitimate concern when questioning its validity. In this case, and many others, there are seldom anyone that seems to raise any concerns about this. In my opinion, by taking a closer look at the OP's source, I determined the YT user was highly untrustworthy at best, and fraudulent at worst.

Regarding the siting in general, in the question of the object moving slow or fast, upwards or downwards, it may simply be a question of people perceiving it from different vantage points. Regarding the various videos surfacing that supposedly captured the object, are questionable until they can be verified as legitimate.

Don't you agree? Or would you rather prefer to take it at face value?

My case in point; sources matter.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The object with the fiery tail could have been a meteorite, maybe from a small asteroid.

The other lighted object appears to be descending, according to a high altitude tail trace that seems to stop, unless the UFO is heading straight towards the cameraman.

Since the UFO was seen by multiple eyewitness'es, in different areas, with no fiery tail later on, I would tend to rule out a hoax. But I would not completly rule out a hoax, since I've heard that one of the videos is from a known hoaxer.

Just my pure speculation on the UFO seen on the night of Sept. 14, but not the meteorite - The UFO was a foofighter, sent to investigate the meteorite impact, or just to throw a monkey wrench into "what the hell was that" scenario.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodcausailor
reply to post by truthrising2012

I agree the guy in the video sounds redneck to me. He definitly doesn't sound like he is from out west. Sounds similar to the guy who makes the fake steve the lawnmover man youtube clips.

Exactly, hence the reason why it must have been record at a different location. Seriously we are the only living being in this universe. People need to get off otheir high horse and stop believing there's such things as UFO's

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It is pictures like this that make me feel the OP video might be authentic from Wednesday. Which by the way was described as moving UPWARD.

OP, the above image is another OLD image taken long ago. It is NOT a image of the 9/14/11 meteor.

FROM ACTUAL VIDEO

That is just the Space Shuttle!

I got thinking about what some of you are saying (how the video might be stock footage of something else etc). I don't give people that much credit for being THAT fast to pull a fast one on us.

I can't tell when he actually uploaded it but judging by his first 'comment' it was almost immediately after the news spread.

OP, the person you got the video from is well known for keyword and headline spamming. The trick is to find whatever hot viral topic is being discussed around the world, and then quickly create a video or webpage with specific keywords about that viral topic. This causes their videos and webpages to get high amounts of traffic even if it is unrelated.

There are many people who do it, even for disasters. I remember during Hurricane Katrina people would put Hurricane Katrina keywords in their YouTube videos that have nothing to do with it just so they can get some views. Now that YouTube has a partnership program, and people get paid, it's getting worse.

I mean, I am not naive to the fact that people pull hoaxes all the time but....within moments?

They have to act quick before the viral subject dies and their headlines and keywords are useless.

And getting just the right hoax-footage from an archive somewhere that matches up pretty well to witness testimony? I don't know, I don't think too many people are that creativity fast!

OP, your original video does not match with witness testimony at all.... That was your entire argument. All witness testimony say it was a meteor, and your topic is trying to prove it wasn't a meteor because your video doesn't look like a meteor....

Sorry but you have been had. Your video is a fraud.
edit on 16-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

OP, just so you know, that image is from ATV-1 "Jules Verne" re-entry...

atv.seti.org...

www.youtube.com...

F.Y. I. It was NOT traveling "up". The perspective of the observer and camera only made it appear as if it was going up. Just like an aircraft on the horizon flying towards you appears to be going up.
edit on 16-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Too funny. So fake. So lame. Yes I live in SoCali and I saw it. It looked nothing like that. Yikes. People will believe anything!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Uploaded by TheJediCharles on Oct 6, 2008

STS-93 Columbia night landing, I filmed from North Richland Hills, Texas, (where we lived at that time) July 27th, 1999, at 10:20 PM CDT.

I pulled this off of old home video (Sony Handycam) and converted it using eyeTV. Sorry it's so much grainier than our other videos, but it was the best we had at the time and I converted it as soon as it was possible.

Thank you Gatedialer for help tracking down mission information

wanna compare??

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
Too funny. So fake. So lame. Yes I live in SoCali and I saw it. It looked nothing like that. Yikes. People will believe anything!

So I should believe you than? Odd.

Instead I will choose to believe no one, and instead remain open to various points of view simultaneously.

A meteor event lasts no more than a few seconds, a mere moment.

Anything that hovers, changes direction, or remains in the sky for a longer duration is not a meteor.

The video in the OP shows a legit UFO sighting. It does not correspond very well with many known objects.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
not sure what it is but definitely not a helicopter and the helicopter light would not turn those colours by zooming in on it.

as for the shaky cam, as anyone in film, especially documentary film knows, if you are super far from an object and zoom in as far as you can on it, the camera shakes like crazy even with subtle movements. try it on your own camera and see, its really hard to keep an object in frame. we actually had a whole class on it in doc school as its something thats really hard to master...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The video in the OP shows a legit UFO sighting. It does not correspond very well with many known objects.

Ok, I give up. The world is forever doomed...

Your post and many other posts on here seriously make me mad and depressed at the same time. However, it does answer many questions such as, "why is the world so messed up?".

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This video is the nearest depiction to what I have been seeing for the last two years. I have been looking at these Orange lights through a pair of daylight binocs. I have seen literally hundreds of them and they are NOT Chinese lanterns.
The UFO's when viewed appear to be shaped like a hot air balloon. The upper half appears to be of a light coloured material that has many horizontal slits that flutter giving it a shimmering shroud like affect. The lower part cannot be seen until the UFO is against a lighter night sky ala in silhouette. This only appears when the flames are extinguished.
The silhouette shape is all one piece, i.e. there is no waist as in a hot air balloon and no ropes attaching the basket, the bottom part is box shaped .
The flames emit from the centre of the lower half and light up the upper half, this is what gives it the orange colour.
I have managed to film them a couple of times albeit on a cheap Nikon coolpix. The result wasn't worth bothering with, because the area around my apartment is lit by numerous street lights.
I have seen huge sparks falling from these UFO's as they fly . I have seen them in ones and two's and also in their hundreds. The speed with which they fly at can be slow or very fast and the movements at speed is something to be seen.
I live on the top floor of an apartment block which is on top of a hill, my line of site to the Horizon is in excess of 100 miles. So I can pick them up and watch them fly from Horizon to Horizon. They fly from H to H in less than 90 seconds.
The closest I have viewed this thing is directly overhead, it flew over my apartment totally silent!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join