It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW uneditted VIDEO. So Cal Sept 14. No Meteor!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I really can't wait for the day when one of dem UFO's land on the front lawn of the Whitehouse and a reporter on the evening news reports it as swamp gas... lol...lol...lol.. Nice Video Two Thumbs Waaay Up :-)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
case closed, it's the space shuttle. End of thread

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well we know it wasnt the space shuttle it wasnt the satellite..I can hardly wait for people to start questioning the difference in time before the second object came down. NASA expects theirs to fall towards the end of september.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Read the main thread that discussed this incident. This is not the meteor seen that night.

There were 2 separate incidents, the later being the meteor that was definitely a meteor, as the ballfield video shows it clearly.

This incident, whatever it was has nothing to do with the meteor sighting. It is something else. Undefined, interesting, but totally the wrong object and the wrong posting title for this incident.

In fact, the only good part of this video is the first few seconds, after that the camera operator pulls the shining object so out of focus that the image you see is the shape of the diaphragm in the lens. Absolutely useless image.
edit on 16-9-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
* * * * * * * * * * * MOD WARNING * * * * * * * * * * *

The thread is about the video, and the meteor event. The thread is not about the people posting the thread, or posting responses, or the flags and stars voluntarily awarded.

Any further posts attacking members will be removed and warnings issued.

Please Read:

Go After the Ball, Not the Player.

How Not To Be Banned From ATS

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

....Classic case of "swamp gas" or so some will say.

Someone else said helicopter. Towards the end when the object appears to be 5 sided with a mottled look, that sure doesn't look like any helicopter I've ever seen !

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Some of the news clips I've seen via YouTube (that's been aired on television) is so condescending that you're left not knowing how to feel. It's such a psychological infliction of rhetoric that it's nothing but psych-propaganda and mind-manipulation! It's pretty unnerving to know some people don't even see it!
Here an example:

Now, this station handled it with a lot more integrity

After going over several witness statements, it seems like there could very well have been two separate sightings Wednesday. This is from Linda Moulton Howe's EarthFiles:

More Than One Unidentified
Aerial Object in Phoenix

Increasing the mystery of what was in the western skies Wednesday night is a firsthand eyewitness report from Phoenix ABC15 Reporter Brien McElhatten. He saw two different objects. The first was a silent, small, orange light that hovered above the clouds for fifteen minutes or so before it disappeared going upward into the atmosphere. Then about 30 minutes later, he saw what he compared to a “roman candle” flying horizontally through the sky for four or five seconds dropping glowing material.

Others wondered if the fiery green, orange-tailed object was similar to the kelly green fireballs studied by Astronomer Lincoln LaPaz, Ph.D., in the late 1940s and 1950s. Dr. LaPaz came to the conclusion that the green aerial objects moved too slowly and on such low, horizontal paths – they must be intelligently controlled monitoring technologies. But whose? And why?
www.earthfiles.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/17/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhustla88
Well we know it wasnt the space shuttle it wasnt the satellite..I can hardly wait for people to start questioning the difference in time before the second object came down. NASA expects theirs to fall towards the end of september.

If we are discussing the object in the OP's video, then it most certainly does look like the space shuttle.

If we are discussing the fireball seen by many people (the one seen in This Video), then it seems that it could have been a meteor.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Someone else said helicopter. Towards the end when the object appears to be 5 sided with a mottled look, that sure doesn't look like any helicopter I've ever seen !

I think this thread clearly shows that the video in the OP is most likely an old video of the space shuttle, and is totally unrelated to the sightings in California.

As for what the people in California saw that night?....I don't know, but some of the reports sounds like it was a meteor.

And as for the shape at the end...that is most likely caused by the video being over-zoomed and out-of-focus. The shape you are seeing is the aperture of the video camera. There are many examples on this video camera artifact already on ATS.

edit on 9/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Remind me to never play you in the game concentration.

Great Debunk and find!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Here's what's getting in the way.

I nor anyone else can authenticate this YouTuber's footage. So let's put that aside for a moment.

What we can rely on are the hundreds of people who saw something unusual in the sky on Wednesday night in the west.

So in all fairness to the sighting, this YouTube in the OP should not negate or derail the mass sighting that occurred that night.

For me I tend believe that this 'Opey-like' guy captured and uploaded what many people saw that night. I don't think it's an helicopter or missile separating as some have suggested. It could be but.....at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Something was (or some things were) seen in the sky Sept 14th.

I don't think it was a regular every day run of the mill meteor. Not with all the unanswered questions that night from weather stations and the like.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

OP, your last post is off topic. We are supposed to discuss your original video.

Care to comment on these two posts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel this topic should be thrown in the hoax forum, because the video in the OP appears to be blatant deception.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/17/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I nor anyone else can authenticate this YouTuber's footage. So let's put that aside for a moment.

What we can rely on are the hundreds of people who saw something unusual in the sky on Wednesday night in the west.

So in all fairness to the sighting, this YouTube in the OP should not negate or derail the mass sighting that occurred that night....

There is already at least one other thread discussing the California sighting. I thought the topic of THIS thread to try to use the video in the OP as evidence that the object seen in California (which is the subject of another thread) was NOT a meteor.

Therefore, we are discussing that video, which is the specific topic of this thread. Discussion on the sighting in general should be reserved for the other thread.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see gift0fpr0phecy beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I know it is not about the meteor but how long have we known about this satalite and the bbc announce it today coincidecne?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyancat
case closed, it's the space shuttle. End of thread

You mean the Space Shuttles that are on moth balls when their program ended this past July?? Those Space Shuttles? I didn't realize they still had a few stray ones out therel!

It appears, now 2 1/2 days later, that TWO separate incidences/sightings occured that night.

I find it hard to believe that some people would describe what they saw as 'slow moving' yet some others, 'fast moving'.
I mean, I know no two people will ever see the same thing seeing our perceptions are relative and unique but c'mon. Slow? Fast? Those are two diametrically different adjectives (those are adjectives, right?
)

Some reporters have interviewed people who actually claim to have seen them BOTH sightings. Please see my post above taken from EarthFiles.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You mean the Space Shuttles that are on moth balls when their program ended this past July?? Those Space Shuttles? I didn't realize they still had a few stray ones out therel!

They may have mothballed the space shuttles, but they didn't destroy all of the videos ever taken of a shuttle night launch.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

So in all fairness to the sighting, this YouTube in the OP should not negate or derail the mass sighting that occurred that night....

There is already at least one other thread discussing the California sighting. I thought the topic of THIS thread to try to use the video in the OP as evidence that the object seen in California (which is the subject of another thread) was NOT a meteor.

Therefore, we are discussing that video, which is the specific topic of this thread. Discussion on the sighting in general should be reserved for the other thread.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see gift0fpr0phecy beat me to it.

The thread IS about the video but how many times can one give an opinion? I cannot prove the video is real.Can you prove it isn't? Or is?
Whereas, I KNOW, you know, we know....... something was seen in the sky Wednesday night.

I don't want the fact that we can't provide PROOF of the authenticity of said- video to deflect that facts of that night. That's all.

And no offense but we have enough moderators here at ATS to tell me or anyone else to keep on topic. So I think it best you stick to being a member and not a pseudo mod!
Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

They may have mothballed the space shuttles, but they didn't destroy all of the videos ever taken of a shuttle night launch.

Good point. Very good point in fact. Fodder for thought!

For me the red/orange light at the beginning is what seems to be what other witnesses described. But again, VERY good point about stock footage.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join