It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist response to The Christian National Registry of Atheists.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This national atheist registry idea has to be the most idiotic suggestion ever!!

What's the goal? Create some sort of mailing list to convert rational people? Or is it just a list of people they don't like?

He makes me laugh though, I pitty him for coming up with such an idiotic idea based on his irrational belief. It's kinda funny to see people in the 21st century acting as if we're living in the middle ages

edit on 6-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

The bible is full of genocide stories

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

i think christians should walk around with a shirt that says 'i believe in imaginary stories'
dillusion is much more dangerous then free thinking

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyrc07
If you are Christian, Catholic plz read this.

What makes a person Christian??? My mother believes she is, a 46yr. old crachead and alcholoic that left me at age 5.. but she believes it was Gods path? My Brother has crosses all over his body and believes he is... did i mention he got those tats in prison on a 10 stent????

Most Americans believe they are Christians because their parents were, without picking up a Bible in their life the Believe the know the word of jesus???? they never once question there beliefs, just go along with the flow because they are scared to be an outcas... an ATHEIST. by the way arent Christians suppose to leave the judgeing to GOD??? tisk tisk.

How many of you CHRISTIANS actually touched a bible? Questioned your own beliefs? How many Catholics out there have never been baptised... that was the only way you could truely be Catholic..

I have had multiple exstensive conversations with people like i just described. Their only argueement is you just gotta have FAITH.... Faith is something to hide behind... DO YOU HAVE FAITH THE WORLD WILL BE A PEACEFUL PLACE??? Religion is a tool to blind you.... gives you something to say everything is fine i have GOD when EVIL people rape you of your freedom..

Wake up and realize YOU ARE GOD, I am GOD.... What we do today shapes tommorrow!!!!!!
What we dont do today shapes tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Stop branding people because you are affraid to look deep inside yourself, you are affraid to take life in your hands... YOUR AFFRAID TO FAIL... Your affraid of what you might find...

For one thing christianity was never meant to BE a religeon. Jesus meant for it to be a way of life, to follow in his footsteps. It has been corrupted by the Holy Roman Catholic Church, but i am no catholic. I am a missionary baptist, and my God is Jesus Christ. We are NOT God and you are a false prophet. If humans are God than i don't want to be human because humans are flawed and evil, greedy and corrupt, murderous and contemptuous, baby killers and rapists, selfish and foolish, yet you say WE are God? You have your head shoved so far up Satan's ass you don't know where he ends and you begin.

Jesus Christ is God and it was John the Baptist whose revelation revealed this.
John said "in the beginning, there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God", and he further explains this by saying that Jesus was the living Word made flesh. The Word IS God, and Jesus Is the Word so Jesus IS God. When i look deep inside myself i see the Lord Jesus Christ staring back at me, he dwells in the temple in my heart i erected for him and i FEAR nothing.
edit on 6-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
John 10:32-36

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Emphasis mine.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I clicked your link, did a search for the word atheist and the word atheism. It wasn't found on that site, so your attempt to smear atheists by attaching them to those atrocities has failed miserably.

Hitler was a Christian, yet only a moron would dare smear all Christians by bringing him, or any other Christian dictator, up.

Hitler was not a Christian you clown.

He was a member of the Thule Society and the Vril Society

Those are two hermetic magic societies like the Golden Dawn and the Ordo Templi Orientis.

He was head of the Cult of the Black Sun.

Stop kidding yourself about that.

Those were his later things you tool. He was raised a Christian.

Ohh did I touch a nerve that you had go and call people names?

So as child I was taught Roman Catholicism, yet I do not practice it now nor for many years, am I still considered a Roman Catholic because I have not been excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church?

You sir are trying really hard to prove something that is blatantly FALSE.

LoL

Constantine was raised a pagan but "converted" to Roman Catholicism I guess he can't be a Roman Catholic because he was raised a pagan....... too bad.

Do I need to bring up Aleister Crowley?

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids

edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

i think christians should walk around with a shirt that says 'i believe in imaginary stories'
dillusion is much more dangerous then free thinking

Maybe the Christians should have to wear a patch around their arm so all the Atheists knew who to ostracize?

Hey you could even make them all live in a separate part of town.

Well we all know where your type of logic ends up. . . .

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Where does Jesus tell people to kill others? It is even against the 10 commandments. . . . .

Weak argument and it is done to death.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

He never said Jesus tells people to kill others. He said the bible is full of genocide.
Its also full of other hatred, violence and repression. Here are the 10 worse passages you
may not have heard at sunday school...

No. 1:St Paul’s advice about whether women are allowed to teach men in church:

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

No. 2: In this verse, Samuel, one of the early leaders of Israel, orders genocide against a neighbouring people:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

No. 3: A command of Moses:

“Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

No. 4: The ending of Psalm 137, a psalm which was made into a disco calypso hit by Boney M, is often omitted from readings in church:

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

No. 5: Another blood-curdling tale from the Book of Judges, where an Israelite man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them:

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

No. 6: St Paul condemns homosexuality in the opening chapter of the Book of Romans:

“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

No. 7: In this story from the Book of Judges, an Israelite leader, Jephthah, makes a rash vow to God, which has to be carried out:

“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

No. 8: The Lord is speaking to Abraham in this story where God commands him to sacrifice his son:

‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

No. 9: “Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

No. 10: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So how are those committing the atrocities following the teachings of Jesus (Yeshua) or commandments of God?

They obviously are NOT.

Do you not get this? Or will you do anything to justify YOUR hatred?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Where does Jesus tell people to kill others? It is even against the 10 commandments. . . . .

Let me ask you this: Is the god in the old testament the same one as in the new one? Because unless he isn't, he's a genocidal maniac (still ficticious...but a maniac nonetheless)!!

I think it's always funny when Christians claim to believe in the creation myth from Genesis, but then pretend the rest (genocide, rape, murder, etc.) isn't Christian...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Let me ask you this: Is the god in the old testament the same one as in the new one? Because unless he isn't, he's a genocidal maniac (still ficticious...but a maniac nonetheless)!!

I think it's always funny when Christians claim to believe in the creation myth from Genesis, but then pretend the rest (genocide, rape, murder, etc.) isn't Christian...

The old testament too closely resembles the epic of gilgamesh.

My perception is you are mistaking the writings of men for the teachings of the creator.

Ever read the ten commandments?

Thou shall not kill. . .

Ten commandment and teachings of Jesus go against everything you accuse them of. Sorry you are just wrong here.

LoL and whenever people get cornered in an argument they usually resort to presenting ridiculous scenarios escape.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So, if this guy has his way, one day I could be refused service in my favorite diner because my name appeared in the Atheist list the Christian restaurant manager subscribes to?

And the problem here is...what? That I can't eat my favorite chicken sandwich because it was commissioned by someone who desperately needs to believe in their own preciousness so badly that they believe their refusal to serve me a sandwich affords them the role of surrogate to divine intervention? Thanks, but I'll make the sandwich myself.

Seriously. Put me on the list and call me Citizen Jerk: Making the world better, one informed purchase at a time.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't think that atheist should be on a list and compared to sex offenders.
What we should do is put them all on a list, so I can pray for them.
One by one.
I love you guys.

edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

But that's the whole point, all your knowledge about whatever creator you believe in comes from ancient texts and other human remains. Witness testimony is hardly real evidence. There's a guy in the US who believes he's a reincarnation of Jesus (calls himself Jesus too), and guess what, he has tons of followers even though he doesn't provide the slightest shred of evidence to back up his claim. The same happened in the past too, where people bought into unsubstantiated stuff not backed up by objective evidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But that's the whole point, all your knowledge about whatever creator you believe in comes from ancient texts and other human remains. Witness testimony is hardly real evidence. There's a guy in the US who believes he's a reincarnation of Jesus (calls himself Jesus too), and guess what, he has tons of followers even though he doesn't provide the slightest shred of evidence to back up his claim. The same happened in the past too, where people bought into unsubstantiated stuff not backed up by objective evidence.

Actually it comes from my study of statistics and other sciences, but no you are right. . . .

LoL and here come the use of ridiculous stories to try undermine the fact that you have no basis for your accusations.

Einstein is dead and gone and people still follow his teachings so what is your point?
In a thousand years if people are still using e=mc2 then they will be using ancient texts also.........

Face it, all that is left to confront is your own personal hatred of the subject matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Einstein's theories are backed up by OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE, that's why people still use it...the same goes for the theory of evolution. We can actually TEST those claims.

Scripture and other human remains on their own are SUBJECTIVE and therefore not proof of anything but what people BELIEVED back then.

I could write an entire book about unicorns and claim they created everything, similar to the Bible, Qran, and other religious texts. But in the complete absence of objective evidence, it's nothing but speculation (at best) or completely made up.

I hope that makes it clear why religious texts are NOT comparable to scientific studies. And how could they? Scientific method (aka being objective and actually testing/questioning stuff) didn't exist when they wrote the bible and most other religious texts. That's why it's almost comical to believe in them without question, it's like throwing common sense, logic, and rationality over board...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Einstein's theories are backed up by OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE, that's why people still use it...the same goes for the theory of evolution. We can actually TEST those claims.

Scripture and other human remains on their own are SUBJECTIVE and therefore not proof of anything but what people BELIEVED back then.

I could write an entire book about unicorns and claim they created everything, similar to the Bible, Qran, and other religious texts. But in the complete absence of objective evidence, it's nothing but speculation (at best) or completely made up.

I hope that makes it clear why religious texts are NOT comparable to scientific studies. And how could they? Scientific method (aka being objective and actually testing/questioning stuff) didn't exist when they wrote the bible and most other religious texts. That's why it's almost comical to believe in them without question, it's like throwing common sense, logic, and rationality over board...

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
-Einstein

Perhaps God is too abstract an idea for you to accept yet.

I think this sums my point of view on the matter.
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Einstein

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You are a really confused man.
Science doesn't provide evidence, only theories. Theories are not fact.
Science isn't everything. Science is flawed.
You rely on books and test, to tell you what's real and what's not.
Have you ever thought for yourself? Just once.

Also, what makes you so sure that these "scientific experiments" are even reliable.
Have you ever conducted one yourself?
You belief in science is based on faith. Not facts.
Reminds me a lot of something...oh yeah. Faith in God.
Your religious after all, Scientologist. You like little boys. jk.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by MrXYZ

You are a really confused man.
Science doesn't provide evidence, only theories. Theories are not fact.
Science isn't everything. Science is flawed.
You rely on books and test, to tell you what's real and what's not.
Have you ever thought for yourself? Just once.

Also, what makes you so sure that these "scientific experiments" are even reliable.
Have you ever conducted one yourself?
You belief in science is based on faith. Not facts.
Reminds me a lot of something...oh yeah. Faith in God.
Your religious after all, Scientologist. You like little boys. jk.

Don't you just love that creative spark in all of us?

Peace good man.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join