It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist response to The Christian National Registry of Atheists.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

One sentences one self to "hell"' which just means without God (without Love).

Many people are living in "hell" right now by that definition.

Are you confusing the writings of Dante with the teachings of Yeshua?

I think it is quite rash for you to say that all religion is driven by fear.

LoL would you follow Jesus because you were afraid of him or because he was a really nice guy?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by Shamatt

LoL would you follow Jesus because you were afraid of him or because he was a really nice guy?

I'm a really nice guy, no one follows me. But I suppose I have the Catholic shurch in mind when I think of "good God fearing Christians" who follow him because they are afraid not to.

If hell is living without love then half the world is hell. I agree with you on that. Personally I do not beleive in any heaven or hell, only love, and all of us being one. Similar to other religions you may have heard of, just without the condemnation. lol!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
But I don't want to be a true follower of Jesus. I live a life of love, respecting those arround me and treating people as well as I can.

Jesus did that, too.

The problem with Christianity, is people like MasterGemini. The entire reason why I left the church is because I got sick of people like him. I got sick of the constant apocalyptic fearmongering, the condemnation of anyone and everyone to Hell, the assumption that anything they didn't understand was inherently demonic by default, and the general negative, hypocritical, and spiritually illegitimate behaviour.

There are a lot of extremely worthwhile subcultural groups around, that unfortunately have ended up being largely destroyed by scenesters. Christianity is only one of them.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

But I don't want to be a true follower of Jesus. I live a life of love, respecting those arround me and treating people as well as I can.

Jesus did that, too.

The problem with Christianity, is people like MasterGemini. The entire reason why I left the church is because I got sick of people like him. I got sick of the constant apocalyptic fearmongering, the condemnation of anyone and everyone to Hell, the assumption that anything they didn't understand was inherently demonic by default, and the general negative, hypocritical, and spiritually illegitimate behaviour.

There are a lot of extremely worthwhile subcultural groups around, that unfortunately have ended up being largely destroyed by scenesters. Christianity is only one of them.

LoL maybe you should read the rest of this thread before you start bashing me

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've been reading this thread, and MasterGemini you ask for proof of Jesus talking in a negative light, or with a message that goes against Christians and what they are supposedly to believe.

Luke 12: 49-53 (KJV)
49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 14: 26
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

I don't know how many examples you asked for but I think three are sufficient. Go ahead and argue the 'meaning' behind these passages, none of it will be original, I've heard it all before. All I hear is the back pedaling, and stumbling.

Oh and you accused a member of name calling, yet you're the one who started it by calling another member a clown. Go back and check for yourself. First page

Originally posted by MasterGemini Hitler was not a Christian you clown.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Engafan because: Typos

edit on 8-9-2011 by Engafan because: Typos

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Engafan

You first quotes do nothing for you claims as he does not say to hate, fear, murder anyone. He says he comes to create a division, obviously talking about the Pharisees and corrupt religious practices (IE the temple money changers)

He says you can't be his disciple because you already walk the path of Love. As in you do NOT hate others.

Chris's kingdom is not of this Earth, or so he said.
His reign is over the soul, you likely wont accept that but that is how it works

(In Bible, God rules over Heaven while Lucifer was made Prince of the Air to rule over the material world of Earth)

Sorry, was it supposed to be difficult to maneuver your quotes?

Oh and Hitler was NOT a Christian. I called him a clown because he made me laugh.

like this:

edit on 8-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

And maybe when you go back combing through the thread for more dirt on what I said maybe you should pay closer attention to what I said about the Bible, who prints it today (LoL Rupert Murdoch!) and who wrote it back in the day.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Shamatt

I'm a really nice guy, no one follows me. But I suppose I have the Catholic shurch in mind when I think of "good God fearing Christians" who follow him because they are afraid not to.

If hell is living without love then half the world is hell. I agree with you on that. Personally I do not beleive in any heaven or hell, only love, and all of us being one. Similar to other religions you may have heard of, just without the condemnation. lol!

I follow Jesus because i love him. He did what no one ever would do for me. He died for my sins, past, present and future. You can't buy that kind of love. My choice is to follow his path wherever it leads, because at the end of His path is Him and thats where i want to be, with Him.

I have nothing to fear because my Father is with me always and Jesus said "woe be unto those who hurt one of MY little ones, better would it be for you to tie a mill stone about your neck and throw yourself into the sea than to hurt one of my children". Think of it like this analogy, a man sees his little son being pushed down by another man, what do you think the reaction is going to be? Yeah, its the same with God. Hurt one of his children and you will see a side of Him you would later wish you hadn't, which is why his children are supposed to pray for him to forgive you lest he destroy you outright.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Engafan

You first quotes do nothing for you claims as he does not say to hate, fear, murder anyone. He says he comes to create a division, obviously talking about the Pharisees and corrupt religious practices (IE the temple money changers)

He says you can't be his disciple because you already walk the path of Love. As in you do NOT hate others.

Chris's kingdom is not of this Earth, or so he said.
His reign is over the soul, you likely wont accept that but that is how it works

(In Bible, God rules over Heaven while Lucifer was made Prince of the Air to rule over the material world of Earth)

Sorry, was it supposed to be difficult to maneuver your quotes?

Oh and Hitler was NOT a Christian. I called him a clown because he made me laugh.

like this:

And maybe when you go back combing through the thread for more dirt on what I said maybe you should pay closer attention to what I said about the Bible, who prints it today (LoL Rupert Murdoch!) and who wrote it back in the day.

If hitler wasn't a Christian then why did he hate Jews (isn't anti-semitism born out of the death of Jesus?)

Anyway there is no evidence outside of the bible that Jesus existed (thus the bible is the worlds oldest hoax thread).

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

Really? You think there is no evidence outside the bible that Jesus existed? I can show you several accounts from pagan men in those times that mention his name and his sacrifice. In fact theres a total of 70 accouts non-biblical, but you will probably make up some excuse decrying even that. Here's a link. So much for your "hoax" statement. I love making atheists eat their words.

www.probe.org...

Would you like salt or ketchup with those words?

Hitler was not a christian, he was a ashkenazi jew, and he didn't just kill jews he killed christians too, but you wouldn't know that if you never picked up a history book. Oh wait your an atheist, lemme guess, history books are hoaxes too right? Real christians don't murder because its against the 10 commandments, primarily the commandment concerning "thou shalt not murder" (the Torah version). Psuedo-christians have no qualms murdering and lying to achieve their goals, but i guess i should tell you that the word "psuedo" means false because i seriously doubt you would research that either before making dumb statements.

Really bro, do some research before you start talking about stuff you know nothing about k? Consider yourself rebuked.
edit on 10-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hitler didn’t do what he did alone – so a valid question is who else in catholic/Lutheran Germany would want to get rid of the Christ killing Jews?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hitler didn’t do what he did alone – so a valid question is who else in catholic/Lutheran Germany would want to get rid of the Christ killing Jews?

EVER HEARD OF THE CULT OF THE BLACK SUN?

VRIL SOCIETY?

THULE SOCIETY?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Ok and can you tell me why they would hurt the Jews?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ok and can you tell me why they would hurt the Jews?

They were not only Jews they had to eliminate most religions to instal Hitler as a new messiah.
(like Obama)

It had to do with big cult ritualism.
These are the mystery religions, pagan traditions that continue to this day.

They were used as slave labor and burning them was a symbolic sacrifice.
Think 4/20 and 5/1 Mayday

Aryans = People of Aries (god of war) = Mars
Martians = Aryans (oh you probably thought they were aliens LoL)

Nazi Occult Conspiracy
video.google.com...
This is a very well researched documentary about many of Nazi cult practices and plans.

Want to learn more? (look into the Order of the Golden Dawn or Thelema the Book of the Law)

BTW America is NOT a Christian nation either if you go by the architecture and the money.
(See Vice President Wallace the dollar bill and Nicholas Roerich)

I really wish the haters on Christianity would accept that there are other religions that have massive influence on the world so they would stop being so blind to the big picture.
edit on 11-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'd like to have registry's for both the extremely religious and the extremely atheist so I could avoid them at parties.

edit on 11-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I actually know a little bit about mystery religions, pagan traditions – and to my knowledge the Jews aren’t even on their radar

The European Christians on the other hand have a long and very bloody history with the Jews

1 Thessalonians 2:14-15
14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews
15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone

Did you know that the yellow Star of David the Jews where made to wear is a catholic invention

The Fourth Lateran Council of 1215 set up the Inquisition along with enforcement of Jews wearing a yellow spot on their clothes and a horned cap (pileum cornutum) to mark them as the murderers of Christ and to remind them of their descent from the devil

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by izero

Really? You think there is no evidence outside the bible that Jesus existed? I can show you several accounts from pagan men in those times that mention his name and his sacrifice. In fact theres a total of 70 accouts non-biblical, but you will probably make up some excuse decrying even that. Here's a link. So much for your "hoax" statement. I love making atheists eat their words.

www.probe.org...

Would you like salt or ketchup with those words?

Hitler was not a christian, he was a ashkenazi jew, and he didn't just kill jews he killed christians too, but you wouldn't know that if you never picked up a history book. Oh wait your an atheist, lemme guess, history books are hoaxes too right? Real christians don't murder because its against the 10 commandments, primarily the commandment concerning "thou shalt not murder" (the Torah version). Psuedo-christians have no qualms murdering and lying to achieve their goals, but i guess i should tell you that the word "psuedo" means false because i seriously doubt you would research that either before making dumb statements.

Really bro, do some research before you start talking about stuff you know nothing about k? Consider yourself rebuked.
edit on 10-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Ouch. I think you have me there!!

I know of the Josephus stuff but pretty sure that was around 50-70 years after the fact. The others I haven't heard of and still remain unconvinced, given the vagueness of their statements. That said I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Jewish leader of note... But with no similarity to any conventional concept of jesus.

hitler was anti-establishment Christian (eg he disliked the British christianity due to the Brits enemy status.) he was the son of a catholic. Christianity was a strong device in much of his rhetoric, Read his speeches.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I actually know a little bit about mystery religions, pagan traditions – and to my knowledge the Jews aren’t even on their radar

The European Christians on the other hand have a long and very bloody history with the Jews

14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews
15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone

Did you know that the yellow Star of David the Jews where made to wear is a catholic invention

The Fourth Lateran Council of 1215 set up the Inquisition along with enforcement of Jews wearing a yellow spot on their clothes and a horned cap (pileum cornutum) to mark them as the murderers of Christ and to remind them of their descent from the devil

You are so miss informed. Star of David is the Seal of Solomon...... It comes from way before that to.

Look up the order of the golden dawn. . . .
Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
en.wikipedia.org...

Kabbalah . . . . comes from the Talmud and Sumeria. . . .

Anyways

Holocaust
en.wikipedia.org...

The word holocaust comes from Greek, where it originally meant 'burnt whole' and was also used for a 'burnt offering (sacrifice)'.

Sorry but you clearly have no clue what you are talking about........

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You are so miss informed. Star of David is the Seal of Solomon...... It comes from way before that to.

Sorry I wasn’t clear – I was referring to this

A Star of David, often yellow-colored, was used by the Nazis during the Holocaust as a method of identifying Jews. After the German invasion of Poland in 1939 there were initially different local decrees forcing Jews to wear a distinct sign – in the General Government e.g. a white armband with a blue Star of David on it, in the Warthegau a yellow badge in the form of a Star of David on the left side of the breast and on the back. If a Jew was found without wearing the star in public, they could be subjected to severe punishment. The requirement to wear the Star of David with the word Jude (German for Jew) inscribed was then extended to all Jews over the age of six in the Reich and the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (by a decree issued on September 1, 1941 signed by Reinhard Heydrich [20]) and was gradually introduced in other German-occupied areas.

www.flickr.com...

Look up the order of the golden dawn. . . .
Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
en.wikipedia.org...

Kabbalah . . . . comes from the Talmud and Sumeria. . . .

again thank you but already I’m familiar with the golden dawn and to my knowledge there is nothing anti-Semitic in that belief system – and apart from muslims the only group who do have a belief system that contains hatred of the Jews is christianity

once again since you missed it the first time I have put the significant part in bold

14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone

Anyways

Holocaust
en.wikipedia.org...

The word holocaust comes from Greek, where it originally meant 'burnt whole' and was also used for a 'burnt offering (sacrifice)'.

Sorry but you clearly have no clue what you are talking about........

I am familiar with the word Holocaust – what did I write that made you think I didn’t?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I already told you the "star of david" is an occult symbol used in their rituals...... NOT Christian...... do you not understand that?

Okay so you quoted form the Bible.... they are talking about the Talmud practicing Jews.
Talmud came from Sumeria, it is the religion of Babylon.
The money changers were part of the Temple.

Your point seems totally pointless when you actually look to history,

It seems more like YOU hate the Christians as you deny evidence.

I bet you didn't even watch the documentary because it is too long and would crush your make believe history with facts.

People may hate others, religions are not people and therefore cannot have emotions.

Get over your hatred, open your mind.

I already posted that God is Love and the path to God is by practicing it. If you can't make the separation of those not following that and those that are that is your problem.

Reading your posts again.

You should investigate Constantine's creation of the Roman Catholic Church.
RCC is PAGAN tradition with a "Christian" face. Constantine was crucifying the Christians before that......
Rome just switched from the Empire to the Roman Catholic Church.

They are not Christian, there is plenty of documentation of this.
Just look up Pope is anti christ or vatican is anti christ.

Common, you know about the mystery schools then you should know their true influence.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Copernicus was wrong, but he was 99.9% more right then any religious authority of his day.

Shocking, I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join