It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Atheist response to The Christian National Registry of Atheists.

page: 5
18
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 





"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
-Einstein


= PERSONAL OPINION




E=mc2 (Einstein)


= Scientific theory backed up with objective evidence and of course fully tested and peer reviewed


I really hope you see the difference, otherwise you don't grasp the difference between reality, facts and logic versus pure blind belief or an opinion.




posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

You are a really confused man.
Science doesn't provide evidence, only theories. Theories are not fact.
Science isn't everything. Science is flawed.
You rely on books and test, to tell you what's real and what's not.
Have you ever thought for yourself? Just once.

Also, what makes you so sure that these "scientific experiments" are even reliable.
Have you ever conducted one yourself?
You belief in science is based on faith. Not facts.
Reminds me a lot of something...oh yeah. Faith in God.
Your religious after all, Scientologist. You like little boys. jk.



I hope you realize that no scientific theory survives unless it passes PEER REVIEWS. This means other people have actively tested and proved those theories.

The average theory in cosmology survives less than a year for example. So if you come along a theory that survived over 150 years, like the theory of evolution, you can be pretty sure it's correct...especially if you can use said theories to actively PREDICT future outcomes. We use the theory of evolution to predict outcomes, and it works. We do the same with gravity, and guess what, it works too.

Pure blind faith on the other hand hasn't been tested, hell, people don't WANT to test it. All it takes is blind belief, no logic, no rationality, and no true connection to reality. Take the nutjobs who believe the earth is only 10k years old for example, they are demonstrably wrong, but their blind belief completely ensures they can't grasp reality.



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by MasterGemini
 





"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
-Einstein


= PERSONAL OPINION




E=mc2 (Einstein)


= Scientific theory backed up with objective evidence and of course fully tested and peer reviewed


I really hope you see the difference, otherwise you don't grasp the difference between reality, facts and logic versus pure blind belief or an opinion.


What about that spooky action at a distance? LoL care enlighten me to the proof from quantum physics that there is no God?

Ever looked into the statistics of everything that has had to go just right since the "big bang" just for you and I to be here conversing?

I guess we wont know till we die


Just be prepared for the Alpha-O'mega-I-Told-You-So.

And if there is nothing afterwords then it doesn't matter either way.
edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

You are a really confused man.
Science doesn't provide evidence, only theories. Theories are not fact.
Science isn't everything. Science is flawed.
You rely on books and test, to tell you what's real and what's not.
Have you ever thought for yourself? Just once.

Also, what makes you so sure that these "scientific experiments" are even reliable.
Have you ever conducted one yourself?
You belief in science is based on faith. Not facts.
Reminds me a lot of something...oh yeah. Faith in God.
Your religious after all, Scientologist. You like little boys. jk.



I hope you realize that no scientific theory survives unless it passes PEER REVIEWS. This means other people have actively tested and proved those theories.

The average theory in cosmology survives less than a year for example. So if you come along a theory that survived over 150 years, like the theory of evolution, you can be pretty sure it's correct...especially if you can use said theories to actively PREDICT future outcomes. We use the theory of evolution to predict outcomes, and it works. We do the same with gravity, and guess what, it works too.

Pure blind faith on the other hand hasn't been tested, hell, people don't WANT to test it. All it takes is blind belief, no logic, no rationality, and no true connection to reality. Take the nutjobs who believe the earth is only 10k years old for example, they are demonstrably wrong, but their blind belief completely ensures they can't grasp reality.


You would think with all the lab rats and fruit flies that have been bred we would have seen one species magically transform into another species by now?

A 150 year old theory and science stil has not set out to forcibly evolve an animal. odd that huh?
edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

150 years backs up evolution.
2000 years back up Jesus.

Guess Jesus wins.




edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

150 years backs up evolution.
2000 years back up Jesus.

Guess Jesus wins.




edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)


Except that there's no objective evidence of Jesus' existence, we only have SUBJECTIVE accounts. And even if we had evidence a guy called Jesus existed (which is pretty much a given, the name was pretty common), it still doesn't prove the stories are true.

In short, I'm afraid Jesus loses because of a lack of objective evidence



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 





You would think with all the lab rats and fruit flies that have been bred we would have seen one species magically transform into another species by now?

A 150 year old theory and science stil has not set out to forcibly evolve an animal. odd that huh?


This post shows you clearly haven't read up on the theory


Contrary to what you seem to know, we have actually witnessed speciation both in the lab and in nature: LINK

Here's the Wiki link to the theory, it's blatantly obvious that you don't know enough about it to make informed judgements. What you posted above clearly shows that.

Evolution



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
First........This guy is a PR*K. Second all religions are SH*T. Third God exists! Not as an old guy with a stupid grey beard but as the very essence of everything. Yes even you atheists. If God didn't exist then you wouldn't exist...Seemples. I used to feel sorrow towards atheists and their utter blindness, but now i think they are literally just blind, aimless dumb blind animals that are going to die and find their souls looking straight at them and saying (sympathetically) I was here, all the time, all you had to do was open your eyes............



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by MasterGemini
 





You would think with all the lab rats and fruit flies that have been bred we would have seen one species magically transform into another species by now?

A 150 year old theory and science stil has not set out to forcibly evolve an animal. odd that huh?


This post shows you clearly haven't read up on the theory


Contrary to what you seem to know, we have actually witnessed speciation both in the lab and in nature: LINK

Here's the Wiki link to the theory, it's blatantly obvious that you don't know enough about it to make informed judgements. What you posted above clearly shows that.

Evolution


Yeah. . . . Let me know when they breed those rats into cats.

Or flies into wasps.

At what point do you consider the species to have evolved from one to another? Until then it is really just variations of the same ol' same ol'

I think that is a theory that will have to be "proven" by actually evolving one species into another.

You see I want to actually see the evolution like you want to actually see God.

edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


I don't believe in stuff that isn't backed up by objective evidence, and that includes god. Science isn't trying to disprove god! The only thing scientists say is that there's no objective evidence supporting his/her/its existence...which is the truth.

As for your "I told you so moment": Considering the average person now lives more than 75 years, and many Christians spend at least 1 hour per week in church, that means they basically waste half a year of their life (counting all 24hrs of a day) wasted if they are wrong...which is a real possibility given the complete lack of objective evidence to back up their claims. At least you're not praying several times per day like Muslims, they are wasting even more time.

And I'm saying "wasting" if their goal is to get to heaven. If they do it because it makes them feel good, more power to them, they are free to feel good. But claiming their BELIEF is a fact is beyond silly.

I got more important stuff to do with my time rather than wasting it on irrational/illogical stuff. Like, spending time with friends, helping friends, working, taking a nice vacation at a beach...



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   


So if you come along a theory that survived over 150 years, like the theory of evolution, you can be pretty sure it's correct.


I took the words from your mouth.

Basically, you said that a theory that has lasted 150 years is correct.
You are wrong, 150 years is nothing. For example the theory of "Spontaneous Generation" was believed to be true, and based on facts. It was proven wrong HUNDREDS of years later.

This proves that your statement that I quoted is false and based on an uneducated opinion.

You know nothing, but what you read; hear; see. You have become a slave to science and theories.
Open your eyes.






edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 





Yeah. . . . Let me know when they breed those rats into cats.

Or flies into wasps.



Now you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper under ground




Your posts make it clear that you don't really understand what evolution is...which in itself isn't bad, there's tons of stuff I don't know. I have not the slightest clue about chemistry for example. But if I'm talking about chemistry, I'm willing to read up on it and actually look at the facts rather than giving an uninformed knee-jerk "that's not true" answer. You don't even seem willing to read up on it as you've been given unbiased, scientifically sourced explanations, and still post nonsense. It shows you're not even willing to read up on the facts.

Maybe a video will do the trick?




posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
All Atheists do not hold the same beliefs about the Universe and the life in it.
For one, I believe in reincarnation. For another, I believe that life on Earth including humans came from elsewhere in the Universe. How it became what it is, is unimportant. To me evolution is as ridiculous as instant creation.

What I would like to know is:
What exactly is it about being an Atheist that causes such a storm of anger/hate/fear to erupt in Christians? I have seen them literally freeze up and get glassy eyed.



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnLennon
First........This guy is a PR*K. Second all religions are SH*T. Third God exists! Not as an old guy with a stupid grey beard but as the very essence of everything. Yes even you atheists. If God didn't exist then you wouldn't exist...Seemples. I used to feel sorrow towards atheists and their utter blindness, but now i think they are literally just blind, aimless dumb blind animals that are going to die and find their souls looking straight at them and saying (sympathetically) I was here, all the time, all you had to do was open your eyes............


Thanks for stating your BELIEF. I have to ask though, any real objective evidence to back up anything you just posted?



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
All Atheists do not hold the same beliefs about the Universe and the life in it.
For one, I believe in reincarnation. For another, I believe that life on Earth including humans came from elsewhere in the Universe. How it became what it is, is unimportant. To me evolution is as ridiculous as instant creation.

What I would like to know is:
What exactly is it about being an Atheist that causes such a storm of anger/hate/fear to erupt in Christians? I have seen them literally freeze up and get glassy eyed.




Because contrary to science, they HATE having their belief questioned. They look at it as an attack. Religion doesn't allow for critical assessments or questioning...or logic...or rationality...

Think about it, if you followed a religion for decades, and suddenly you realize it's all demonstrably nonsense...how would you feel? Pretty stupid I guess. It takes a LOT of courage to admit to being wrong, which is why you still have tons of nutters believing in global floods, a 6k year old earth, humans just popping up in their current form without evolution, and other complete and utter nonsense.

But at least there's some progress, the amount of believers has been shrinking...especially over the past 20 years, partially due to scientific discoveries and the simple fact that true knowledge is now easily available due to the Internet. At the same time, the amount of atheists has more than doubled according to Gallup. People are waking up and finally facing reality, opening up their eyes to science instead of blind belief. The stats don't lie, and nothing suggests this trend will stop...luckily


PS: If you consider evolution "ridiculous", then you clearly haven't read about the theory

edit on 6-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini


Yeah. . . . Let me know when they breed those rats into cats.

Or flies into wasps.



All I can say is giant facepalm.
Really, it is unfortunate and a reflection of the decline of our education systems that there is still a vocal minority that just don't accept it.



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by MasterGemini


Yeah. . . . Let me know when they breed those rats into cats.

Or flies into wasps.



All I can say is giant facepalm.
Really, it is unfortunate and a reflection of the decline of our education systems that there is still a vocal minority that just don't accept it.


In my opinion, until the theory is actually reproduced in a laboratory with controls in place, it is still just a theory.

Scientific method right?
edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by MasterGemini


Yeah. . . . Let me know when they breed those rats into cats.

Or flies into wasps.



All I can say is giant facepalm.
Really, it is unfortunate and a reflection of the decline of our education systems that there is still a vocal minority that just don't accept it.


In my opinion, until the theory is actually reproduced in a laboratory with controls in place, it is still just a theory.

Scientific method right?
edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)


For crying out loud, we are using findings from the theory in modern medicine, and to predict future outcomes...and guess what, it works. If the theory were wrong, we couldn't PREDICT outcomes accurately


I strongly suggest you read up on it before digging yourself a deeper grave. There's nothing wrong with not knowing something, but you are showing an incredible amount of ignorance because you are making statements that are beyond ridiculous to anyone who's read the theory.



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Nikolaus Copernicus had a pretty accurate rendition of the solar system that could make predictions.

Too bad he was wrong.

My personal view of evolution is that if it works like the "scientists" thinks it does than it is very similar to the idea of the Seraphim.
edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Nikolaus Copernicus had a pretty accurate rendition of the solar system that could make predictions.

Too bad he was wrong.


Clearly, he was brilliant given the times he lived in...but he put the sun at the centre of the universe for crying out loud, and his model was not tested to the point where he could predict stuff accurately. Fun fact by the way, he plagiarised quite a lot from the ancient Greeks. His earlier works quote those sources, but just like the average uni student, he figured not sourcing them would give him more credit


Again, he wasn't stupid, that's for sure...but his claims weren't fully tested in a way scientific method requires scientists them to be today.

Another fun fact, the church back then believed the sun to turn around the earth, and not the other way around...based on Christian scripture. They only changed their opinion (going directly against scripture) once the facts made it clear that their opinion was complete and utter nonsense...
edit on 6-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
18
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join