It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist response to The Christian National Registry of Atheists.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by MasterGemini

I clicked your link, did a search for the word atheist and the word atheism. It wasn't found on that site, so your attempt to smear atheists by attaching them to those atrocities has failed miserably.

Hitler was a Christian, yet only a moron would dare smear all Christians by bringing him, or any other Christian dictator, up.

Hitler was not a Christian you clown.

He was a member of the Thule Society and the Vril Society

Those are two hermetic magic societies like the Golden Dawn and the Ordo Templi Orientis.

He was head of the Cult of the Black Sun.

Stop kidding yourself about that.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."

Hitler's Christianity...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Since you're a Christian, wouldn't you want to do whatever you could so you will see your friends and beloved relatives in Heaven?

Absolutely. However, it's a double-edged sword.

Yes, I would like to think that I try my best to help others along the path of life. Yes, it's true I'd be quite happy for them to see the light and join me.

However, I cannot bring myself to criticize their own belief system. Simply put, I'm not qualified. As long as they accept me for who I am, I'm going to accept them for whom they are.

The best I have to offer is a kind, gentle heart and to live my life the way I believe it should be lived. If they find something admirable about it, then perhaps they will get an understanding as to what motivates me.

Bottom line is I cannot bring myself to judge another person. God is MUCH better at that than I. I'll try to set some sort of example (even though I am FAR from perfect), but the ultimate decision is between each of them and God.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow Look at all the Satanists in that video. This planet is Evil. It needs to be destroyed Now!

(say it with me) Death to The Evil Earth ! Death to The Evil Earth ! Death to The Evil Earth !!!

Seriously now.. I think the video did a really poor job with it's examples of Atheist who contributed to our world. They could have done much better.

Atheists are not to be looked down on.. they are simply people who have not yet seen the light. Many of them may still come around. I believe the truth of God will be discovered when science catches up to the spiritual world. Religions don't have this God business 100% right, Science doesn't have any true facts about this world only theories that can always be changed in light of new information. Both are close minded to each other. This is where our big problem lies.

I believe in both a divine creator and science, we simply do not understand how both can be correct with our present level of knowledge and understanding. The Truth lies somewhere in the middle. Once we have that both attitudes about religious doctrine and atheistism will change.

I can get real deep into the blending of science and religion or the one understanding the other so we have a clear picture of whats really taking place but I'll stop there for now.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Somehow I think this guy is a shill to create more division among the people of this country. And if he isn't, he's a total nutcase. As has already been stated.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Atheists are not to be looked down on.. they are simply people who have not yet seen the light. Many of them may still come around.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm an atheist - but i'd just quite like for us all to just get on with each other.

How about that? Any takers.

I could agree, but unfortunately drama is fun for most people.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Hitler was a Catholic, he was never excommunicated, he made repeated references to God and Jesus in his writings. Yes its true he had some occult interests as well, that doesn't negate the point I was making.

My point was merely that it would be unwise to blame his religiosity for his crimes, just as it would be unwise to claim a lack of religiosity let to Communist atrocities. I don't think Hitler's Christianity is responsible for what he did, I think he was a sociopath with no moral compass and people like that come in all shapes and religions, from Christian to atheist and beyond.

Lolwut? Have you ever read a history book or just heard what people told you? Hitler was a ashkenazi jew that had a flair for killing his own people. He fell into the occult and started looking for space aliens with long blonde hair and blue eyes which was his whole thing about killing people that didn't match his view of perfection. He also had christians killed too, jews were just his priority.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes lets register those pesky atheists that can only believe in what they see and love to trample on other people's faiths. I'm all for it. Godbless the NAR!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A question for the Atheists. so you don't believe in a god at all or is it more the concept of intelligent creation?
because I believe in a god, but the god I believe in is a group conciousness consisting of every mind to have ever been and I don't believe in intelligent creation from the very begining of time but rather as something that has evolved over time to influence the minds that exist in it.
I call the structure of the universe the body of god and the collective conciousness of all things the mind of god, god was born into a system that developed in relation to god and as god developed it began to manipulate and influence the system.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Atzil321

I was talking more of rounding up the religious to participate in genocide and famine fun

And lists would be the first step to any such thing, whether the persecuted are religious or not. So a principled person such as yourself would oppose this on... principle (were it serious).

Glad we cleared that up.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

A quote from Mein Kampf:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hope this clears things up. Not saying that Hitler's religious beliefs made him do what he did. He was just bat sh*t crazy. But felt I needed to set the record straight.
edit on 5-9-2011 by acuna because: Needed to add more explanation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by acuna

A quote from Mein Kampf:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hope this clears things up. Not saying that Hitler's religious beliefs made him do what he did. He was just bat sh*t crazy. But felt I needed to set the record straight.
edit on 5-9-2011 by acuna because: Needed to add more explanation

Now find me the quote of Jesus (Yeshua) telling people to kill others, then I will believe he was a follower of Christ's teachings.

Until then you are just trolling by blaming God for a MAN'S actions.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeasantRebellion

I was talking more of rounding up the religious to participate in genocide and famine fun

And lists would be the first step to any such thing, whether the persecuted are religious or not. So a principled person such as yourself would oppose this on... principle (were it serious).

Glad we cleared that up.

Already did, maybe you should look at previous posts

Glad we cleared that up indeed
edit on 5-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oh man! What you have are radical Christians (not actually Christians by the way) locking horns with Atheists over misconceptions caused by radical Atheists. The key here is the term radical.

I define radical as those who wish to force their beliefs on others and cannot accept that others have an equal right to their own beliefs.

Normal Christians and normal Atheists (the vast majority) simply exist together without animosity. Only when one tries to force their position on the other is the line crossed. Its all about respecting each other.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

All of the famous atheist in this video went to hell.
Add that to their list of achievements.

Regardless of what good they did for this world.
We are not of this world!
So who cares.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

All of the famous atheist in this video went to hell.

Thank god I'm agnostic!
Oh wait...
edit on 6-9-2011 by D4Saken because: lol

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If you are Christian, Catholic plz read this.

What makes a person Christian??? My mother believes she is, a 46yr. old crachead and alcholoic that left me at age 5.. but she believes it was Gods path? My Brother has crosses all over his body and believes he is... did i mention he got those tats in prison on a 10 stent????

Most Americans believe they are Christians because their parents were, without picking up a Bible in their life the Believe the know the word of jesus???? they never once question there beliefs, just go along with the flow because they are scared to be an outcas... an ATHEIST. by the way arent Christians suppose to leave the judgeing to GOD??? tisk tisk.

How many of you CHRISTIANS actually touched a bible? Questioned your own beliefs? How many Catholics out there have never been baptised... that was the only way you could truely be Catholic..

I have had multiple exstensive conversations with people like i just described. Their only argueement is you just gotta have FAITH.... Faith is something to hide behind... DO YOU HAVE FAITH THE WORLD WILL BE A PEACEFUL PLACE??? Religion is a tool to blind you.... gives you something to say everything is fine i have GOD when EVIL people rape you of your freedom..

Wake up and realize YOU ARE GOD, I am GOD.... What we do today shapes tommorrow!!!!!!
What we dont do today shapes tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Stop branding people because you are affraid to look deep inside yourself, you are affraid to take life in your hands... YOUR AFFRAID TO FAIL... Your affraid of what you might find...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
A message to all extremist idiots - Christ does not agree with you - you are not Christian.

STOP using Christ's name!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

If you realy believe what you said there, I actually feel sorry for you.
2nd line

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I clicked your link, did a search for the word atheist and the word atheism. It wasn't found on that site, so your attempt to smear atheists by attaching them to those atrocities has failed miserably.

Hitler was a Christian, yet only a moron would dare smear all Christians by bringing him, or any other Christian dictator, up.

Hitler was not a Christian you clown.

He was a member of the Thule Society and the Vril Society

Those are two hermetic magic societies like the Golden Dawn and the Ordo Templi Orientis.

He was head of the Cult of the Black Sun.

Stop kidding yourself about that.

Those were his later things you tool. He was raised a Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join