It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist response to The Christian National Registry of Atheists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is the Atheist response to the absurd pastor Michael Stahl's sugestion of creating The Christian National Registry of Atheists

Full link if video is not working:www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Greetings,

This guy has to be a republican.

Who else would come up with such an insane idea.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i don´t like to offend other people.

but this guy is an absolute nutjob, just take a look at this site..

nutjob

he said that he was just joking about the atheist registry (Good one.), and that all of the threatening emails he’s been getting from people are being forwarded to the proper authorities. A few things here: 1. If any of you wrote him a threatening email, that’s #ty. Please don’t anybody write one, or threaten him or anyone else with violence ever. However, I do encourage you to email him with your honest thoughts about his idea (NO THREATS!), I will provide his email address(es) later in this post. You’ll see why in a hotmin. 2. He said he wrote the joke in parody (?), which tells me a couple of things: a) he’s not a very funny guy, because that is not a funny joke, and b) no he #ing didn’t write it as a joke, because he #ing leads into the idea by saying, “…I have been seriously considering forming a ( Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named ‘The Christian National Registry of Atheists’ or something similar.” [italics mine]

little snippet from the site...

i thought the article was hilarious, just give it a read...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's about time they kept tabs on all those psychopaths wandering around loose in our society.

Now....

Where's my crusade spear?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Gotta love The Thinking Atheist

When I heard about this I couldn't believe the outrage, I mean as an atheist I've learned to expect this kinda thing from certain fringe elements within Christianity. Fundamentalism, while still a minority within Christianity, has become so overwhelmingly vocal that it has become almost the sole focus of the so-called "new atheist movement". We've almost forgotten entirely to engage with moderates even though they are likely the best bet as far as freeing them from religion.

So yeah its ridiculous, and of course he cover's his rear by saying it was a joke.

It's also ironic because in ancient history the term atheist was actually applied originally to Christians because they rejected the Roman/Greek pantheon. If this guy had been a scribe in the 1st Century he might have been asking his own faith to register for the Roman Empire

edit on 5-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
why would an atheist care what a religious type thinks about him/her? list? Pfft.

what leads an atheist to have arguments with insane people?

edit on 9/5/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
why would an atheist care what a religious type thinks about him/her? list? Pfft.

you SHOULD care...

he´s planning to distribute personal info about you to fellow christians, so they can boycott you in every way possible..

the man is nuts

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"...Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life."

Revelations 22:17

Okay, I'm a Christian. A Christian with lots of friends, and beloved relatives, who are atheists. Seems to me that their spiritual decisions should be based upon whatever they hold dear. Not what I, or anyone else believes to be true.

If they choose not to believe, that's fine by me. If they are an atheist who genuinely treats their fellow man with kindness and concern then I downright salute them and their ethics.

The idea of keeping a "No Fly" list, so to speak, of non-believers is sick beyond measure.

It's their decision. I'll still call them friend, brother, sister and so forth.

And if you try to harm them, based upon what you believe is correct due to your personal set of beliefs, then I will stand by their side and defend them.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

I doubt they care too much. But when you are compared to the kkk, terrorists and child molestors, an appropriate and intelligent response is required as a defence against the such nonsense.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I thought the Atheist response to religions was communism in USSR, China, Cambodia?

China's bloody century
www.hawaii.edu...
edit on 5-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

You are misinformed then, atheism played no role in the rise of communism, its an
argument that has been debunked many times.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
I thought the Atheist response to religions was communism in USSR, China, Cambodia?

China's bloody century
www.hawaii.edu...
edit on 5-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

I hadn't realized Communism and Atheism were synonyms... Or that religious states didn't have the same problems...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I was talking more of rounding up the religious to participate in genocide and famine fun

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wozniak, Zuckerburg and Gates on the list only feeds this troll.

Could have done well in making the point without these names IMO.

Great reply tho...

SnF

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I clicked your link, did a search for the word atheist and the word atheism. It wasn't found on that site, so your attempt to smear atheists by attaching them to those atrocities has failed miserably.

Hitler was a Christian, yet only a moron would dare smear all Christians by bringing him, or any other Christian dictator, up.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It seems to me that thinking of this type is on the increase...To somehow "mark" those with what are considered undesirable traits. Now, I read those books about the rapture, the "Left Behind" series, and there was alot of rounding up of the Christians and executing them for their beliefs...Seems the authors got that part backwards. Sounds like it is the Christians who will be doing the rounding up to me. What if the whole thing is backwards and they end up being the very "evil" they seek to destroy?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"We are atheist we are everywhere"

By replying to this guy, people are doing a little thing know as feeding the troll.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I clicked your link, did a search for the word atheist and the word atheism. It wasn't found on that site, so your attempt to smear atheists by attaching them to those atrocities has failed miserably.

Hitler was a Christian, yet only a moron would dare smear all Christians by bringing him, or any other Christian dictator, up.

Hitler was not a Christian you clown.

He was a member of the Thule Society and the Vril Society

Those are two hermetic magic societies like the Golden Dawn and the Ordo Templi Orientis.

He was head of the Cult of the Black Sun.

Stop kidding yourself about that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm an atheist - but i'd just quite like for us all to just get on with each other.

How about that? Any takers.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hitler was a Catholic, he was never excommunicated, he made repeated references to God and Jesus in his writings. Yes its true he had some occult interests as well, that doesn't negate the point I was making.

My point was merely that it would be unwise to blame his religiosity for his crimes, just as it would be unwise to claim a lack of religiosity let to Communist atrocities. I don't think Hitler's Christianity is responsible for what he did, I think he was a sociopath with no moral compass and people like that come in all shapes and religions, from Christian to atheist and beyond.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join