It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greys - beings of fear? Does anyone else get this vibe with them?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

heh... Your description of the Greys, it sounds like you are describing the average politician.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Why are you even on here then? How do you know Greys don't exist? Prove it!

Because there is no evidence. Period.

That's how it works. If there is no evidence, it doesn't exist.

All this means is that you haven't experienced this yourself. Not that it doesn't exist, in universal terms.

Go. Away.
edit on 3-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

This is the type of post I wanted to see in this thread. Well done.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by barmyfluid

The fact we got there first is not an indication that our form would get there first in all cases. Realize that when something takes precedents, it suppresses all competitors. This fact is not isolated to our technological business economy. When DNA as we know it evolved, it suppressed all other dna forms. Occasionally we read up on isolated survivors such as NASA's discovery of arsenic based life. We can think of plenty of possible alternatives to dna that could have won, but ours had the best chances on this world, not anywhere else. Then it happened again alter. When trees evolved and started puking oxygen, it suppressed non-membrane cells. Because oxygen is lethal to life, believe it or not (why do you think your blood dries so fast in it?). This also suppressed anything that was evolving to live off something besides CO2/O2. Again, once in a while we see those alternatives, in isolated places...like 2 miles under sea water.

As humans, we even see evidence of ourselves doing the same to anything that could compete with our intelligence. How many other hominids were massacred when we evolved?

Fact is, change something just a little bit, and we no longer have precedence. Something else does. Had we never been in Africa during the environmental cataclysm that forced us to get smarter, we would still be as smart as apes and far behind where we are today.

The fact those little things made us get here first has no guarantee to repeat anywhere else. It's our mistakes, our adaptations, to our conditions.

As to spaceflight in general, it's likely we'll be building FTL craft by the end of this century. The how-to is all know, we just don't have the energy efficiency nor money to build it yet.

Furthermore, the act of being a million years ahead of us is no guarantee to being smarter than us. In fact, the fact that we have seen the same-old stories supposedly going back a thousand years indicates that these aliens are, if anything, less intelligent than us. While we've gone from the cave to the moon, they still use the same old things

This is what I'm talking about in the difference between linear thinking and exponential thinking. Humans tend to think that something more advanced than them is automatically smarter. This is simply not true. Once again, the people of this Earth prove this fact. If you brought a Muslim scholar from the year 1000 into our modern world, chances are he'd be amazed at our world. But there's also a damn good chance that when he started speaking about astrology, or math, or anything he knows, common people around him wouldn't have a damn clue what he's talking about.

Let's apply this to space.

Suppose a creature as intelligent as a crow (and believe it or not, they're smarter than apes in some respects) as flying around in a space ship and found Earth. On his planet, no species ever evolved exponential thinking. Only linear. So his civilization would be tens of millions of years old, but because it lacked imagination, or creativity, and instead was based around trial and error, despite being, say, 50 million years older than humanity's pathetic 50,000, his civilization may only be 100 years ahead of ours. And in fact, may have stayed that way for millions of years as well.

There is no guarantee that technical skill means you have emotional sophistication, or artistic, or even scientific. He may, in fact, simply be a species that through trial and error discovered how to warp space time. Or hell, maybe they don't even warp space time and instead use generation ships instead.

We make too many assumptions. Because that's what humans do. Be it racism, classism, or thinking every alien out there is a little green man with a big brain that's more intelligent than you. It could just be he's incredibly lucky or got there through trial and error.

Personally, I fear for such a reality. We can see on Earth what humans have done to such less intelligent beings such as apes or dolphins. We put them in a zoo and make them do work for us while we ravage their environment.

What a sad tale. 50 million years of civilization undone from 50 years of contact with man.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodcausailor
If you ever have face to face contact with the greys don't look them in the eye.

Why, the hell not ? Any time anyone avoids eye contact with me I take them as up to no good. Even my pets avoid eye contact with me when they have done something that displeases me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
3 pictures that I consider could be real if they are here:

I have worked and still work with pictures, im not professional but I know all kinds of effects that can modify a picture. In these photos I cannot see any software touch, mostly in the colorless ones.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The numbers speak for themselves. Humanoids are not that likely to show up. In the whole of the local cosmos, we may find 2 or 3 maybe humanoid species, and if we are any comparison to how they'll be like, it's a good chance they'll be fossils when we find them.

W
W! That makes a lot of sense to me.

Is any living thing capable of getting out of it's star system before it destroys itself?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Probability. Is it reasonable to imagine? Yes. Then somewhere, someplace, sometime, it happened.

We're only a good example of something like us. Not something not like us.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

All three kind of have this awkward feeling to me. It's like, something's off that makes me think them fake, but I don't know what. Though I do see some things.

I can see the neck in the middle one looks fake, from a biological sense and from a "oh look, clipping" sense. The first one could just be a child with a bag over his face, and the last one just sort of looks lifeless.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by m1991

You lost our debate unless you explain to me the how it really is. Apparently according to your logic an animal already exists even before having discovered any trace or remaining of it. WOW! That does sound like a lot of fun though...

And you're saying that every animal we have discovered popped into existence by us discovering it. How does THAT make sense?

No. I'm saying that we were, have and will only admit to an animal's existence if we discover physical evidence of that animal.

Once we discover that animal can we begin researching for how long that animal has existed.

I'm not trying to get into the middle of anything here, but are you implying that a tale of a certain animal isn't valid until there's proof it existed? That's kind of a lame argument especially, since fairy tales of animals have actually been proven to not be a fairy tale at all as was the case with the famous Dodo Bird:

Dodo Bird

Many had written and verbal tales of this bird. However, at that time there was no evidence to prove or disprove the Dodo birds existence. Later on after discovering the bones of a Dodo bird, it was found to be a valid claim.

I only chimed in on this because it isn't a valid argument to say something doesn't exist because there is no proof, that just doesn't make any sense. The OP, has had some strange experiences and this is how he/she feels. OP and others that have had the same/similar experiences may not be "imagining" anything and their experiences could very well be true.

For what my opinion is worth, I hope some may become more open minded and respectful towards others that claim experiences that are at this time of the unknown or yet to be proven.

Nice thread OP

ETA: Jepic, I mean no disrespect to you just think about what you are saying

edit on 9/3/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by annella

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by annella
Just why are some people filled with fear over Greys/Grays?? Because they have read reports from some ' abductees' of apparent experiments carried out? Because they read reports of animal mutilations assumed carried out by these beings? I am curious. Or maybe its the huge eyes, the apparent ability to mind read and transfer thought.....just why are so many scared of them?
Im more scared of my dentist!

Most abduction stories are ficticious....that doesn't mean they all are. As far as being afraid....it is not that their EVIL....it's just that they don't care about the personal rights of an individual and percieve Humans in the big picture sense...as a race. Sort of like the way we think nothing of getting our pets spayed.

You should be afraid if you had the misfortune of becoming a target of interest. Forget the idea that they have your individual welfare in mind. Split Infinity

I bow to thee in thy infinite wisdom and apparent experience with these beings. I stand suitably enlightened.

FGS....how can you or anyone who has absolutely NO proof of any experiences they MAY have had write such BS?? Too many live their lives in total fantasy.
I am afraid of nothing BTW....not of a grey/gray/the devil/death....nothing. And if I were ever to have an ' experience' it would be welcomed. My life is for learning, well whats left of it...

And just so you know, I DO believe that ETs visit our Planet, and I DONT believe they are here to harm us.
But I confess this... Im still scared of my dentist.
edit on 3-9-2011 by annella because: and for but

You are right about one thing...if no proof is given then...you shouldn't believe it. I have no need for you or anyone to believe what I post. I post to relieve stress...for my own personal benifit....not to provide you with information.

As far as BS is concerned...your statement of not being afraid of anything is full of it. And if you actually happen to be not afraid of anything...then there is either something wrong with you or you just have very limited experiences in dealing with many frightening things. I know that I have been scared out of my wits on more than one occasion....that adrenaline tends to keep a person alive. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The greys is a tough topic, I have experienced some spooky paranormal stuff but I really cannot say for sure what it is, let alone to identify it as a grey or some other invisible energy.
edit on 3-9-2011 by hotbread because: spell

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I was just reading the history of Sumar today and they claim all their culture and tech came from The Annunaki space aliens from Niburu and that the greys are not really alive, more a sort of robot.

Wacky stuff and my spelling sucks..

Best Wishes

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater
I was just reading the history of Sumar today and they claim all their culture and tech came from The Annunaki space aliens from Niburu and that the greys are not really alive, more a sort of robot.

Wacky stuff and my spelling sucks..

Best Wishes

There would definitely be advantages in creating Biomechanical entities by a race for the purpose of exploration. They could be tailor made....or GROWN....to be in harmony with any particular Planets enviroment. This would explain why these things can breath our air....and endure our sun or temps. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Less intelligent than us? Lol. You could only imagine the scope of how far beyond us they are. And we have pretty much hit a brick wall, publicly anyway, and any energy system that is harnessing anything other than combustion is either destroyed via TPTB or confiscated for national security purposes, this includes patents. "The same old things" are light years beyond what we have now, and perhaps even farther, as some believe they may be able to come in and out of dimensionality, and there is some evidence for this. A European man has had dead people and disc shaped ufos show up in his photographs while hes standing at crop circles, he gets these "feelings" when its about to happen. Then they started showing up in photos at his house, along with other anomalies.

This was shown at International UFO Congress 2011, and I have seen the photos, there are many of them. Many were taken before the guy even had a computer, and there are others who can vouch for this man, and he has used all of their cameras to take the pictures, there are many pictures and I have seen lots of them, it is a truly incredible phenomenon, and nobody can explain why it is happening, or why him. Just another one of the great mysteries of life that we currently are trying to dive into, I suppose. Here's the link to download the International UFO Congress 2011 torrent, its a torrent search engine, one of the only ones I trust. You will find no viruses there, I promise. All of these presentations are quite good, except Colonel John Alexander who is a spook of some sort, denying the fact that the government is involved in this phenomenon (yeah right!) torrentz.eu... Her name is Nancy Talbott (right above Nick Pope and below Linda Moulton Howe) and she has been working with this man, and she's a crop circle researcher/expert, and has done a lot of scientific work with crop circles.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou

Less intelligent than us? Lol. You could only imagine the scope of how far beyond us they are. And we have pretty much hit a brick wall, publicly anyway, and any energy system that is harnessing anything other than combustion is either destroyed via TPTB or confiscated for national security purposes, this includes patents. "The same old things" are light years beyond what we have now, and perhaps even farther, as some believe they may be able to come in and out of dimensionality, and there is some evidence for this. A European man has had dead people and disc shaped ufos show up in his photographs while hes standing at crop circles, he gets these "feelings" when its about to happen. Then they started showing up in photos at his house, along with other anomalies.

This was shown at International UFO Congress 2011, and I have seen the photos, there are many of them. Many were taken before the guy even had a computer, and there are others who can vouch for this man, and he has used all of their cameras to take the pictures, there are many pictures and I have seen lots of them, it is a truly incredible phenomenon, and nobody can explain why it is happening, or why him. Just another one of the great mysteries of life that we currently are trying to dive into, I suppose. Here's the link to download the International UFO Congress 2011 torrent, its a torrent search engine, one of the only ones I trust. You will find no viruses there, I promise. All of these presentations are quite good, except Colonel John Alexander who is a spook of some sort, denying the fact that the government is involved in this phenomenon (yeah right!) torrentz.eu... Her name is Nancy Talbott (right above Nick Pope and below Linda Moulton Howe) and she has been working with this man, and she's a crop circle researcher/expert, and has done a lot of scientific work with crop circles.

As far as your statement of...coming in and out of our dimentionality....this is a visable occurence of a craft using a Gravitic Drive. They are not Interdimentional Beings...as this statement is a misnomer....they are either folding space or creating a singularity by directionally generating a large amount of energy to fool the Universe into behaving as if it was mass....thus warping space.

Anytime space is either warped or folded in either case...a craft using this drive will appear to have several physics challenging behavior such as appearing or dissapearing....appearing to either be in several places simultaniously or appear to be more than one craft....or appear to change shape....or perform radical manuevers in atmosphere which are physically impossible. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

uh yea, feelings and here say isn't proof dude.

Fact is, yes, things can be less intelligent than man but more advanced if they've had more time. Equally so, something can be more intelligent than man, but still living in caves if they've had less time. It's not some race where everyone gets to start at the same time. In fact, it's quite random. There could be, let's say, a species that is less intelligent than man, but whose brain evolved so that neurons will automatically develop more complexity to learn something. So that, maybe, in winter it's only as smart as a pig, but in summer it's as smart as a savant. Some birds have a smaller version of this adaptation, where they will loose or gain brain mass in different conditions.
www.physorg.com...

And then of course, savants aren't necessarily intelligent. There are many forms of intelligence. Pure photographic and memorization isn't intellect nor imagination, for example. They might look at us and your so-called feelings, and laugh their behinds off...assuming they even have them.

Yea I don't much care if he took them before computers. The soviets managed to photoshop people out pretty well before photoshop.
www.ww2incolor.com...

Fact is you're assuming and going with the mob. Two things that don't fly in credibility nor science.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If the Greys or something like them don't exist, then it becomes very difficult to explain the 1994 Ruwa, Zimbabwe case, witnessed by 62 school children. A new film in still in production includes recent testimony from some of those witnesses, in which one will see that those still available to discuss the event still stick to their story after all these years. All the children made drawings of what they saw shortly after the event. If money were no object for a prankster, use of a mock-up suspended from a high-flying sky-blue helicopter and dwarfs dressed up as aliens is one crazy theory, but it's unlikely that such a prankster would have built and suspended two craft when one would have sufficed.

johnemackinstitute.org...

One the lighter side, maybe the Greys have a great sense of humor and artistic talent, as well, and when Bob Lazar spouted that BS about the "sports model," a group of them decided to design a craft that could land on a road and operate like an Earth automobile, as well as pass for one except for being more stylish than any existing Earth car and create holographic images on the windows to make people outside the "car" think humans were inside:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Im fascinated with the way the Greys allegedly look. To the ships they fly, and there dark intentions. We need to do more resarch about Greys and UFO's.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Let me correct you there.
*senseless killing.
Killing an enemy, i have no problem with , im not sure if you base your thinking with logic or common sense, but if someone was a threat to you, would you kill them?
Or let them kill you?
Common sense and logic would state that, it would be a good decision to kill an enemy.
A foolish decision shouldn't be based on "principle".

Yes, i would say they're scum, i don't recognize my enemies as good people, i recognize them as scum, i recognize royalty as scum, and i recognize, alien threats as scum.
Not to say this is how all people operate and think of course, but then again we all have varying thoughts, intellects and opinions.
Not to say peace against and alien threat is ok though.

Nope, we're not waking up, just look at the ratings for all these pathetic singing shows and how many people follow it,, and read the comments on the video of the royal wedding on youtube.
People are just as dumb as they were always, no one is waking up.

Christ told us to love our enemies. I am not even a Christian and I do keep this commandment.

Would I kill to defend myself (or family/friends)? Hypothetically, if I had literally no other choice, yes, but I never plan to own a gun and I would just injure and do what I had to. Having to kill someone, just like just war, is not something I would say is entirely impossible in such a complex universe, but I think it's so rare that it almost never happens and people rush to it far too quickly.
edit on 4-9-2011 by m1991 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join