It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by lkpuede

I never said that. GOD its like arguing with a kindergartener..

you did say earth's gravity is like moon's gravity. if earth's gravity is like moon's gravity, then earth, like moon, has gravity "anomolies". soooo....what part of that is like a kindergartener? i'm confused.

if you were to say water and fire are alike, then water will burn you, right? guess i got that wrong too.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

reply to post by lkpuede

Forgot to put "not"

yea i just noticed your edit. sorry!
edit on 4-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

edit on 4-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: Nvm

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by lkpuede

I forgot to put not in the sentence. Why double post to try to make me look dumb over a spelling error? Speaks to your maturity

i'm not trying to make you look stoopid. i'm just saying. if you say such and such a thing, you can expect someone to pull you up on it.

just like you said you made a mistake and i said i'm sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
reply to post by lkpuede

Did you double check the math itself? Did they admit that the math was perfect and no mistakes were made? There are always mistakes made, even by the top physicists, there might of been some variable not accounted for, it happens.

no there was no mistake in the math within itself. now, we are all college educated people around here, so it won't take anybody long to research this small but important fact. the former USSR's Zond probes even overshot the moon. it's a fact. it's a fact. you've spent the better part of your life doing homework, you shouldn't need a link all you need to do is google it, just like you did your research for your dissertation.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its amazing what a mallet and a few chisels in the rights hands can do.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Then again it must be extraterestrial technology, and not by human hand.
edit on 4/9/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

A statue is different from a quote structure weighing several tons. But nice example though

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
moving and errecting large stone structures upto 1000 tonnes is possible wihtout machinery, but with men and cunning.

How they got the stones out of the rock bed and sculpted them with such laser precision remains a mystery due to a lack of accurate enough tools discovered..

Obviously the structures were disgined to last longer than the tools, but litterally no clues?
edit on 4-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by EnigmaAgent

A statue is different from a quote structure weighing several tons. But nice example though

This is 5.17 metres high matey. What weight do you think the block of marble originally was?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

I never claimed anything but you put words in my mouth, I never said I was a mathematician, I never said I studied physics, I asked a simple question: How was the math flawed and did they admit that the math was flawed? Simple easy questions, but ill go ahead and research it myself since its difficult to get a straight answer out of you.

Anywho this is about ancient aliens not gravity, I would suggest opening a thread about this, it could prove to be very interesting.

And thank you for the link Enigma, ill check that out.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Its amazing what a mallet and a few chisels in the rights hands can do.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Then again it must be extraterestrial technology, and not by human hand.
edit on 4/9/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

priceless. but i'm quite sure somebody is gonna say it was done with the invisible but guiding hands of the Greys, during a lull in their fight with Lizard people.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can anyone at least admit that something doesn't add up with these colossal feats of architecture with what we know about human history? Maybe it wasn't aliens that taught ancient humans but something is not right somewhere. If a tv show that is designed to entertain can get people thinking outside of what we have been taught then kudos. Let's encourage learning the truth, whatever the truth may be.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Can anyone at least admit that something doesn't add up with these colossal feats of architecture with what we know about human history? Maybe it wasn't aliens that taught ancient humans but something is not right somewhere. If a tv show that is designed to entertain can get people thinking outside of what we have been taught then kudos. Let's encourage learning the truth, whatever the truth may be.

well while its goal is viewers it doesnt need to entertain to capture an audience.

A show like this doesnt even need to give its own guess the facts they uncover are fasinating wheather you belive their interpretation of it or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

There you go again trying to associate all believers in Aliens to believing in Reptilians but what does that prove? Perhaps its proves your a troll, thats obvious.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I agree it's a great show, but I'm willing to accept that it's not 100% educational.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Well I also take the time to point out where their reasoning goes wrong. You don't need counter-evidence if the idea you're arguing against has no objective positive evidence supporting it. I don't need to prove that leprechauns do not exist, for instance, because believers in such things have yet to present any evidence outside of eye-witness reports and folklore.

So really one doesn't need to be an expert to pick apart these ideas, one doesn't need to spend years researching AAH to understand where it goes wrong and point that out to people. As for poking fun at it and laughing at it, that just helps deal with how much it makes my brain hurt to watch shows like this and see people leap to their defense (such as the OP calling this episode kick *SS). It scares me that this show actually has people convinced.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It is scary isn't it. How many people learned of this on TV versus in school and in books? I would be curious to know the numbers.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Alot of theories have inconsistencies doesnt mean they are wrong. And just because you think its flawed doesnt mean you dont have to ridicule the theory or look at the people who support the AAH as anyless intelligent as you because we see things differently.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
homo sapien sapien has had the same size brain for something like 100,000 years. our ancestors were not dumb. every generation had a tesla or an einstein. why the popular media keeps spewing this lazy thinking is beyond me

"it looks tough, I couldn't do it myself so.......must have been aliens !"

poppycock
edit on 4-9-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

Totally in agreement. Human ingenuity is and was responsible, in my opinion, for the building of our ancient structures. I do believe in life on other planets, it's preposterous not to.. But attributing any advances we make as a civilization to alien races is so depressing, really. Why are we not capable of invention? Hell, I've invented innumerable amounts of half brained things in my lifetime *none of which came to fruition*, but am I supposed to credit aliens anytime I have a clever thought? It's silly.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

I don't think they're less intelligent, when did I ever say that? Just because I think they've been swindled into accepting pseudoscience doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. There are plenty of perfectly intelligent people who believe some perfectly bizarre things, from Isaac Newton believing in alchemy to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle believing in fairies to: Name any scientist who still believes in a God.

The guys on this show though, IMO, are fair game, they're putting their ideas out there and thus should be open to criticism, even ridicule if its due them. I've got no problem with the people they've conned into believing, just like I don't have anything against most religious folks or 2012 believers. We're dealing with people who've been tricked, manipulated, indoctrinated or just really WANT to believe.

I'd like to believe aliens visited us in the past but the evidence isn't there and this shows fallacious attempts to "prove" AAH don't help anyone.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join