It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Däniken claimed that a non-rusting iron pillar in India was evidence of extraterrestrial influence.[8] Later, Däniken admitted in a Playboy interview that the pillar was rusty and man-made, and that as far as supporting his hypotheses goes "we can forget about this iron thing."[9]

Forget about his lie Von Daniken was interviewed by Playboy magazine????

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
What's up with you coming on My Ancient Aliens The Truth? thread blasting my #, I ain't making money I'm writing this from my basement, and I don't even have an incense burner....

You don't?

Dude, you need to get one,
It stinks in your basement, man.

Harte

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by KingJames1337
What's up with you coming on My Ancient Aliens The Truth? thread blasting my #, I ain't making money I'm writing this from my basement, and I don't even have an incense burner....

You don't?

Dude, you need to get one,
It stinks in your basement, man.

Harte

No, I got scented candles down here and EVD got his own theme park.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Agree---best one i've seen

this one and one before i really enjoyed seeing these old monolith towns constructed from s america to india i've rarely seen

amazing

isn't it obvious that either there was a great ancient builder culture out there that possibly was destroyed and reborn

or some type of ancient alien contact

only 2 choices as I see it now

you see similar building tactics co-opted by the greeks/romans and templars that were in some of these monolithic ancient towns

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by of the Ether

i agree..mr orangeface caveman dude litertally tries saying everything is alien induced which is a discredit to him iMO

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Something to think about with these 1000 ton worked stone.....purley from an engineering prospective.....why bother with such large stone? Whatever advantages of large massive stone, this had to be balanced by the ease at which they could be moved and worked....i.e in what looks like a majior dah momment in the history of building man suddenly said "hay lets use lighter smaller stones".....slap on head "hay why didnt i think of that" said one ancient engineer.

Did anyone notice at Baalbek that the large massive stones were placed on top of smaller stones? Now we do know that others came to ballbek later and built on top of the massive stones so could it is possible that someone came and layed the large stones down on top of an older foundation. This may reflect several things one being the sudden but very limited introduction of new stone moving technology that seemed lost or discarded soon after its introduction.

The fact that large stone technology was used world wide but in very limited examples may inticate the introduction of this new technology also coincided with the introduction of a superior technolical civilization of intruders or visitors on the earth.

this is a major big deal of WHY they CHOSE to work with HUGE, massive, VERY HEAVY STONES

i mean come on guys...why don't we build our houses out of rock or in rock?
= its hard to do..very hard and laborious. very simple

the people that did all this amazing stone work MUST have had the technology and/or time to do it. they wanted it to LAST. these are monolithic and stand the test of time

i'm shaking my head here. how long can we be in denial especially over the episode here showing the potential cuts in the stone. the precision of piecing them, etc is as good as we have today

but we choose to work with cheaper materials

STONE is the best. I wish I lived in Stone.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximRecoil

The problem is that there's absolutely no evidence of any ancient alien visitation whatsoever so the very idea is pure speculation.

That is no doubt true, according to your own private definition of the word "evidence" (whatever that may be). However, according to real definitions of the word "evidence", there is a lot of evidence of ancient alien visitation.

So, present it.
I mean, it's easy to say this, isn't it?

In 25 years of looking into this, I've not seen a whit.

I would guess that you haven't seen a "whit" because you have a misconception regarding the meaning of the word "evidence". Not all evidence of a thing is irrefutable, neither is all evidence of a thing conclusive. Sometimes evidence of a thing is even "flimsy".

With regard to evidence of ancient alien visitation, some of it is circumstantial (such as some of the evidence presented by the Ancient Aliens show). Some of it is direct (such as various recorded testimonies in ancient writings). I'm not aware of any irrefutable and/or conclusive evidence of ancient alien visitation.

By the way, circumstantial evidence inherently has more than one possible explanation. Also, circumstantial evidence can lead to an obvious conclusion that only the deliberately obtuse would deny, or it can be weak, i.e., not obviously pointing specifically at any of the various possible explanations. It can also be anywhere in between.
edit on 9/3/2011 by MaximRecoil because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Im assuming you have not doing the math. So your telling me the Ancients cut sculpted and stacked 2.3 million Blocks weight each weighting 5000 pounds each blocks (which ads up to 11 BILLION pounds) that align with Orion's Belt in only 20 years?

I'd like to see what explanations are given for how the Ancient Egyptians can make statues of faces with perfect symmetry and that is perfectly smooth with Primitive tools (and saying, "thats just how it happened" doesnt count) I would love to see someone try to accomplish such a thing with such tools.

And there is plenty of Evidence that Ancient Astronaut Theorists are laying out its up to you on how you interpret it. If you dont see how any of the Evidence presented couldnt even suggest Alien Visitation you have to be closed minded point blank. And what are you expecting? Us to find a Ancient Saucer? We havent even officially found Atlantis or the Arc Of The Covenant yet so why set your expectations so high?

edit on 3-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

exactly, they had a great point...stuff none of us could do today without precision instruments and machinery...they did

gives whole new meaning to what the templars and original "masons" might know

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

But it's not a good point. Archeologists already have ideas for how the ancients might have built most of these sites. Ancient aliens proponents prefer to ignore the plausible explanations and skip right to the absurd and then turn around and say the idea they were man-made is the absurd one. All they gotta do is find a few modern engineers to say "well I couldn't build it" and BAM they catch the mentally somnambulent audience hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

How then did they align the pyramids and other structures like Stonehenge with the star consellations with precision.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

no you're not getting it. if it was so stinking easy why did NO ONE or very few build such monolithic structures/cities after then until modern times

it is very HARD to build monolithic stone cities/dwellings/structures because of the mass and weight and the needing of some type of machinery

lets find a technological way or tools they had..and dismiss the alien theory. i'm ok with that

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Is there a reason why those alignments can't possibly be coincidence or people reading significance into pattens that aren't really there. Human beings are pattern seeking machines, it makes us think angry gods cause volcanic eruptions and that there's a face on the moon.

reply to post by SuperTripps

Oh no I get it, the ancients definitely did some impressive building. If you want to suggest that the ancients had better technology than we give them credit for that's one thing, aliens is entirely something else though. I mean I'll give you that many of these engineering feats are astounding, all the more reason to respect the ancients for what they accomplished but not a good reason to let the folks on Ancient aliens insert aliens as the explanation.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

But the Pyramids are shown as being very much like Orion's belt I'm not sure the exact accuracy but it is pretty precise.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I completely agree. They had lost me with almost all of the episodes in this season until this Aliens and ancient Engineers. Sometimes the completely biased position of the show can irk me, but the diagram of teotihuacan vs computer chip... SO COOL!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

I remember seeing a similar alignment claim on a Graham Hancock show supposedly supporting Atlantis where they claimed it lined up with Orion's Belt about 10,500 years ago... that's not exactly a precise alignment but then I don't know the veracity of that claim either. It's possible it does line up but then would that indicate ancient aliens? I think it would just indicate either a coincidence or that the ancients knew their star charts very very well.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

But what about Baalbek, such an unlikely feat with supporting evidence by Sitchin of it as a 'landing pad' or Puma Punku an equally unlikely feat with cuts that fine.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Several professionals of engineering and mechanics appeared in the show to affirm that there's NO way of primitive tools have been used to design, cut, transport and assemble those complex structures, as preached by mainstream scholars. Some of these professionals, as Arlan Andrews, PhD, are absolutely sure that hi-tech machinery was used in such processes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43c35e3cd8d1.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9/2/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

Having some people who went to university and got letters attached to their name saying something doesn't make it true. The process of peer review and scientific scrutiny do; if a doctor said that jumping off a three storey building and landing on your head made you healthier, would you do it, because that's essentially what's happening here(educated person makes a claim based on highly circumstantial evidence, but it's not accepted into the scientific community, wanna guess why?).

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The show was interesting. Someone was saying that he solved part of the mystery earlier in the thread, that the granite stones was actaully created in its place by something/process called Geo polymer and were not moved into its current place from another location, thus no matter how heavy it is it doesnt matter, but in the latest episode between 6:50 to 8:00 min im seeing squarish rocks being carved/cut out from the hills? i also do not think those items/materials needed for geo polymer were excavated near those sites though...

For debunkers, i wished you guys could give some evidence like maybe how a stone axe is able to carve out a smooth stone or something being done by XXX at YYY with some pics, instead of being sarcarstic or rude in some of the post i read. Seriously is your motive just to insult ppl who believes in the AAT? The way these structures are build 1000s of years ago is a mystery, and if there aint no solid evidence to proof they are man made, why cant ppl believe in the AAT? Trying to discredit the show or folks here with the some of rude/sarcarstic comments given is only discrediting yourself.
edit on 4-9-2011 by dna221277 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A dissapionting fact is that these slabs or blocks or rocks are never more than 1000 tonnes.

It takes 10-15 men to move a ton of dead weight, 1000 tonnes means 10,000 men to move it and not very quickly i might add.

Think about the amount of ropes, woodern grips and other equipment it takes to apply 10,000 mens efforts to one rock. Think about flipping a car or truck with men, you can only get so many hands on it, same for ropes and other aids. A rope tough enough to have even a few hundred men must itself weight a huge amount. Mamoth efforts yes, but not impossible.

So while the stones could be moved by men and almost certinly were, the stones themselves cut out of the near by landscape is somthing that still doesnt add up. And we are assuming alot when we talk about moving 1000 tonnoe blocks as it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
so...the ancient aliens came to earth thousands of years ago and taught the early humans how...move really big rocks.

thanks alot for that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join