It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 13
38
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Its amazing what a mallet and a few chisels in the rights hands can do.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Then again it must be extraterestrial technology, and not by human hand.
edit on 4/9/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)


Now let's see someone make some pieces using a mallet and a few chisels that fit around that statue perfectly like a mold. It is one thing to create freely from your imagination; it is quite another thing when you have to create irregular shapes that conform precisely to a specific set of measurements. The set of measurements would be large (more than just length, width, and height), because the mating surfaces of the objects have irregular shapes (the same applies when trying to exactly duplicate an irregular shape, such as multiple identical carvings of birds or a perfectly symmetrical carved face).

Have you ever seen those things that have a bed of small diameter movable metal pins all tightly squeezed together, that you can press against an object (such as your face) and it leaves an impression of your face in it (I don't know what they are called but I have seen them in novelty stores)? To get an idea of how many measurements you would need to accurately recreate an irregular shape like a 3D human face, imagine pressing one of those things to your face to get an impression, and then measuring the depth of each one of those pins (the more pins that the thing has in a given amount of space, the more accurate it will be, and the more measurements you will end up with). Then go ahead and accurately apply those forty-eleven thousand depth measurements to a block of stone with a mallet and a few chisels (don't ask me how), and you will have accurately recreated the shape of your face in stone.

When we build things today we typically use regular shapes (e.g., 2x4s, bricks, cement blocks, I-beams); and when we don't use regular shapes (e.g. random stones), we use things like mortar to "fill in the gaps", or we use machinist tools to properly mate the irregularly shaped objects together (such as the parts in typical machinery). Even with machinery, the parts aren't as irregular as the massive stones in some ancient structures that fit together like a 3D jigsaw puzzle; i.e., they use circles, spheres, cylinders, straight line shapes, etc.; things that are easy to measure in order to consistently create the inverse shape for a mating part.
edit on 9/4/2011 by MaximRecoil because: typo




posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 

How then did they align the pyramids and other structures like Stonehenge with the star consellations with precision.



they didn't have iPhones. they didn't have televisions. they didn't go on vacations. they didn't fly to cancun.

they had nothing better to do than to look at the sky and make up stories (like some people do today) and then built buildings that point to the stars. is it really that interesting?

i still can't believe that people look up to these "ancient aliens" as if they are gods or even slightly interesting. let's just say all this is a fact. so...the ancient aliens came to earth and taught humans how to move really big rocks. they are really pretty to look at but utterly useless. well who would want to know these aliens with all their technology how gave you nothing.

and let's just say that those crop circles are really done by aliens. well they are by far stoopider then we are, because they give us symbols that cannot be disciphered by anyone AND they destroyed somebody's food source.

so yea you just keep worshiping these useless aliens...i personally think we'd be better off alone.
edit on 4-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)


Actually we shouldn't be worshipping aliens, if you read my ancient aliens the truth thread they actually might be the cause of our problems.

But the Orion lining up with the pyramids wasn't exactly impressive however something such as Puma Punku is.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 


Good Words.

We weren't conned. Its an idea and to people it makes sense. Your talking about it like its not even a possibility of being True. But thats you.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 


How much is enough evidence? I say angels wear helmets that resemble those astronauts wear you say no. Baalbek is mentioned as a landing pad in what is more than likely a correct interpretation of the Sumerian Text, he is not changing falling angels to those who came down from the sky he is simply saying landing pad. Baalbek is shown to be something that would be near impossible to make, so it is just coincidence. The Egyptians bury boats in their graves so they must have just loved boats.

When will enough be enough? And also it is not fair to dismiss the Ancient Aliens idea and It's proponents sometimes wild claims because it is the only way they will get their claims on the map.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337
 


The only proof you can show a septic is a Flying Saucer that originated from outerspace. Other than that EVERY piece of Evidence is deemed a misinterpretation or Fantasy.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The more I watch these Ancient Aliens theory, the more I am convinced there is lots of truth around it even if some also could not be as their supporters say. Sometimes I feel like giving a big yell at skeptics, this is not a matter of belief but logic, all parts of the puzzle go to the place they belong. Of course,s the theory is based on provided such stories describing events in the Bible or other pictures, writings are true. Because if those happened and lots of suggestions they did, it automatically means this is what they are.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

Originally posted by lkpuede

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 

How then did they align the pyramids and other structures like Stonehenge with the star consellations with precision.



they didn't have iPhones. they didn't have televisions. they didn't go on vacations. they didn't fly to cancun.

they had nothing better to do than to look at the sky and make up stories (like some people do today) and then built buildings that point to the stars. is it really that interesting?

i still can't believe that people look up to these "ancient aliens" as if they are gods or even slightly interesting. let's just say all this is a fact. so...the ancient aliens came to earth and taught humans how to move really big rocks. they are really pretty to look at but utterly useless. well who would want to know these aliens with all their technology how gave you nothing.

and let's just say that those crop circles are really done by aliens. well they are by far stoopider then we are, because they give us symbols that cannot be disciphered by anyone AND they destroyed somebody's food source.

so yea you just keep worshiping these useless aliens...i personally think we'd be better off alone.
edit on 4-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)


Actually we shouldn't be worshipping aliens, if you read my ancient aliens the truth thread they actually might be the cause of our problems.

But the Orion lining up with the pyramids wasn't exactly impressive however something such as Puma Punku is.



i'd have to agree with you. i'm sorry, but i haven't read your thread.

Puma Punka is interesting...but it's really nothing more. many of the generally unknown maps of the world that shouldn't exist (by the currently held view of earth history) are far more interesting. but they just that. interesting.

just as an aside, if i were the DoD, and i were asked should the truth be known? i'd say no. absolutely not. not under any circumstances, not at anytime. not in this lifetime or the next or the next.

my reasoning would be as follows: while the common man, those not engaged in the ATS and GLP and other such websites/ways of thing, are likely to be ready to accept such a reality, those on the fringe would make such a disclosure impossible.

there exists far too many individuals who are more than willing to make these "aliens" Gods of some sort or another. there also exists those who cannot seem to accept the intelligence of their ancestors, and ascribe the amazing feats to these so called "Gods", which we know are nothing of the sort.

there also exists the far more dangerous group. those who refuse to accept the place of earth among the other civilizations currently in existence. there are those who steadfastly hold to the idea that earth is somehow more important then the other known civilizations, and further believe the other known civilizations are, in some form or another, in the service of earth. for this group, the "aliens/Gods" have somehow visited earth, helped earth, or are watching earth. this is a falsehood rooted in religion and i suspect this group, when told they only one of many, many civilizations, may result to extremism of one sort or another.

should it be clearly acknowledged by the DoD that there does in fact, exist upon the moon, cities and ruins, they must be protected at all cost. no nation upon the earth should be allowed, in any fashion, to go to moon with the intent of somehow exploiting this knowledge for that nation's benefit. such knowledge, should it be held by the DoD, would surely plunge the earth into war. should China or Iran or North Korea decide they will go to the moon and photograph/disseminate this knowledge, they must be stopped at all costs. the societies of earth MUST be allowed to develop as they will, and no step must be allowed to be taken that would provoke war on earth or provoke interplantary war. however, the mere acknowledgement of this civilization is the harbinger of war. The DoD has become the defacto protector of the prior/current civilizations of moon.

so that would be my personal feeling. let the ATSers and GLPers engage and further muddy the waters as they will. peace in the planetary must be protected at an and all costs.
edit on 4-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor
 


Take this quote from Ezekiel 3,3

Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

There is also a mention of mohammad during his revelation of Gabriel tasting hone before being told to recite.

Gabriel was the angel who told Mary she would give birth to Jesus

And unfortunately

7)         "Gabriel" was responsible for the massacre and enslavement of a Jewish tribe.
Gabriel urges Muhammad to go and attack the Jews of Bani Quraiza.  This action ended with about 800 prisoners of war being massacred, and thousands of Jewish women and children being enslaved by Muhammad.
Bukhari 5.448
... When the Prophet returned from the (battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and laid down his arms and took a bath Gabriel came to him while he (i.e. Gabriel) was shaking the dust off his head, and said, "You have laid down the arms?"  By Allah, I have not laid them down.  Go out to them (to attack them)."  The Prophet said, "Where?"  Gabriel pointed towards Bani Quraiza.  So Allah's Apostle went to them (i.e. Banu Quraiza) (i.e. besieged them).  They then surrendered to the Prophet's judgment but he directed them to Sad to give his verdict concerning them.  Sad said, "I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed, their women and children should be taken as captives, and their properties distributed."
 



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0
 


It is possible but it should be considered only a remote possibility until better evidence can be presented. The more we want to believe something the more skeptical of it we need to be. It seems like a lot of people go the other way and give into the emotional appeal an idea has to them without thinking logically about whether the evidence truly supports that conclusion.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by Imtor
 


Take this quote from Ezekiel 3,3

Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

There is also a mention of mohammad during his revelation of Gabriel tasting hone before being told to recite.

Gabriel was the angel who told Mary she would give birth to Jesus

And unfortunately

7)         "Gabriel" was responsible for the massacre and enslavement of a Jewish tribe.
Gabriel urges Muhammad to go and attack the Jews of Bani Quraiza.  This action ended with about 800 prisoners of war being massacred, and thousands of Jewish women and children being enslaved by Muhammad.
Bukhari 5.448
... When the Prophet returned from the (battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and laid down his arms and took a bath Gabriel came to him while he (i.e. Gabriel) was shaking the dust off his head, and said, "You have laid down the arms?"  By Allah, I have not laid them down.  Go out to them (to attack them)."  The Prophet said, "Where?"  Gabriel pointed towards Bani Quraiza.  So Allah's Apostle went to them (i.e. Banu Quraiza) (i.e. besieged them).  They then surrendered to the Prophet's judgment but he directed them to Sad to give his verdict concerning them.  Sad said, "I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed, their women and children should be taken as captives, and their properties distributed."
 




see? see why this information is closely held and only allowed out in dribs and drabs. the idea is to confuse the issue. send it off in all manner of crazy directions. it must be so. it cannot and must not be any other way. now... let's say the individual above were a crazy oil dictator with nothing but time and money on his hands. he is so firmly rooted in his religion, that he cannot, or refuses, to see the normalicy of the situation. so what happens is he, or one of his minions, drives him to go to moon. he sees that the cities really do exist, and decides they must be destroyed. well here stands the DoD on the other side, knowing full well that moon is either a) currently occupied with an indigenous race or b) it is a ruin and the ancestors now live on Mars. well...first of all he can't even be allowed to get off the earth to examine the ruins. and if somehow he did, there's a good chance that he would provoke war by destroying the sacred ruins of another race.

this is why the topic is in the sorry state of affairs that it's currently in. this is one big experiment. the DoD sits back and watches. they don't even need to confuse the issue. they can see that a) those that believe in the Galactic Federation of White people fill the topic with rubbish and b) the naysayers pull the whole conversation in the other direction, i.e., nobody exists but us. both are which are nonsense of course....

...but it maintains peace. it maintains the life of the common man...who must be protected, even from himself, at all costs.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede
 


We shouldn't be disclosed, at first glance it seems we would be united, but that would be only in a case of an attack, if they came in and showed themselves the religious radicalists might lose it and reject the notion all together, and then those who are willing to believe that aliens exist would fall into bad graces with the religious and further division.



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede
 


The ridiculous notion is the aliens want to help us, if the aliens were our gods and wanted to help us they would have created one religion, is anyone watching this # on CNN right now?



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I thought that the episode was fantastic too

the previous one sucked a lot .. I didnt even finish

but this one was cool



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337
 




in what is more than likely a correct interpretation of the Sumerian Text


Since when is Sitchin's personal translation "more than likely correct". Even if the Sumerian tablets did call Baalbek a landing pad for the gods we wouldn't be able to leap to the conclusion that aliens existed.



Baalbek is shown to be something that would be near impossible to make, so it is just coincidence.


Keyword there would be NEAR, NEAR impossible and that's just one opinion. Perhaps you should take the time to talk to legitimate historians who've studied the site and see what they think about, my guess is they probably have a good idea how it was built. Even if they didn't, even if was a mystery, we don't get to insert anything we want just to answer an uncomfortable question.



so they must have just loved boats.


They did live along the Nile right? And as I recall after they died they supposedly ascended in a boat didn't they? Makes sense to bring a boat then doesn't it?



When will enough be enough?


As soon as some actual evidence comes to light. None of what you listed is evidence that holds any water. People reinterpreting myths or claiming the ancients needed aliens to help them just to build impressive monuments and sites is not evidence.

Angels wear helmets, astronauts where helmets, wow what a coincidence, its almost as if head-gear is a common thing. If the artists decided to depict the angelic helmets differently and they ended up looking superficially like BMX helmets would you try to tell me angels invented the X-Games?



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by lkpuede
 


We shouldn't be disclosed, at first glance it seems we would be united, but that would be only in a case of an attack, if they came in and showed themselves the religious radicalists might lose it and reject the notion all together, and then those who are willing to believe that aliens exist would fall into bad graces with the religious and further division.


as you are aware, i'm in agreement with you. but just to expand on your topic in a sort of commonsense way, i doubt earth is in danger of being invaded. perhaps at some point in earth's past, perhaps when these aliens were wasting their time teach humans how to move really big rocks, earth may have been in danger of invasion, but at this point, it would seem unlikely. it's clear by simple observations that the Planetary, both sides of it, are rather orderly. even the valid Interplanetary Vehicles conform to a certain and definate protocol that is never violated. the logic of the argument made by certain unbalanced individuals would suggest that a superior government with superior air power would have no problem nor reservations invading a rather primative planet. but as of this writing, that has not occurred. logic might suggest that there is, or could be, some sort of political/military/empirical structure in place that would prevent such an action.

even in the absence of such a structure, earth is a heavy gravity planet. and the current weapons in use on earth are heavy gravity weapons. let's just a assume that a race from Mercury or Enceladus were to attempt an invasion of earth. both of those planets are light gravity planets, and logic would suggest that the weapons currently in use on the aforementioned planets would also be light gravity weapons. in other words, they would be close to useless on earth, while earth weapons would be destructive beyond words on the Enceladus.

lets even say a war were somehow triggered between earth and moon. a simple .22 caliber gun on moon would have destructive power beyond words in that light gravity, to say nothing of a megaton conventional bomb. and what effect would a moon made gun have on you? probably not much.
edit on 4-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am sold. but not aliens.
just human civilization that lost it and got erased.
yes Erased! by the church and THEM, the powers that be.
if a big war or event? destroyed 95% of ever thing, people.
they would go back to caves and mud huts.
Some Still live like This Now. more on this see my post.
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Link



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

No, I got scented candles down here and EVD got his own theme park.

The Park went bankrupt several years ago.

Did he find a buyer?

Harte



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximRecoil

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by MaximRecoil

Originally posted by Harte

The problem is that there's absolutely no evidence of any ancient alien visitation whatsoever so the very idea is pure speculation.


That is no doubt true, according to your own private definition of the word "evidence" (whatever that may be). However, according to real definitions of the word "evidence", there is a lot of evidence of ancient alien visitation.

So, present it.
I mean, it's easy to say this, isn't it?

In 25 years of looking into this, I've not seen a whit.


I would guess that you haven't seen a "whit" because you have a misconception regarding the meaning of the word "evidence". Not all evidence of a thing is irrefutable, neither is all evidence of a thing conclusive. Sometimes evidence of a thing is even "flimsy".

With regard to evidence of ancient alien visitation, some of it is circumstantial (such as some of the evidence presented by the Ancient Aliens show). Some of it is direct (such as various recorded testimonies in ancient writings). I'm not aware of any irrefutable and/or conclusive evidence of ancient alien visitation.

By the way, circumstantial evidence inherently has more than one possible explanation. Also, circumstantial evidence can lead to an obvious conclusion that only the deliberately obtuse would deny, or it can be weak, i.e., not obviously pointing specifically at any of the various possible explanations. It can also be anywhere in between.
edit on 9/3/2011 by MaximRecoil because: Clarification


Sorry, but no.

According to your idea of what evidence is, the Moon may well be made of green cheese, since there exist writings making this claim.

Sorry, but if what you consider to be a mystery can be explained by mundane means, then the existence of the thing you consider to be a mystery is not in and of itself "evidence" of extraordinary circumstances, i.e alien intervention, miraculous intervention, ancient unknown (advanced) technology, et al.

Harte



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by KingJames1337
 




in what is more than likely a correct interpretation of the Sumerian Text


Since when is Sitchin's personal translation "more than likely correct". Even if the Sumerian tablets did call Baalbek a landing pad for the gods we wouldn't be able to leap to the conclusion that aliens existed.



Baalbek is shown to be something that would be near impossible to make, so it is just coincidence.


Keyword there would be NEAR, NEAR impossible and that's just one opinion. Perhaps you should take the time to talk to legitimate historians who've studied the site and see what they think about, my guess is they probably have a good idea how it was built. Even if they didn't, even if was a mystery, we don't get to insert anything we want just to answer an uncomfortable question.



so they must have just loved boats.


They did live along the Nile right? And as I recall after they died they supposedly ascended in a boat didn't they? Makes sense to bring a boat then doesn't it?



When will enough be enough?


As soon as some actual evidence comes to light. None of what you listed is evidence that holds any water. People reinterpreting myths or claiming the ancients needed aliens to help them just to build impressive monuments and sites is not evidence.

Angels wear helmets, astronauts where helmets, wow what a coincidence, its almost as if head-gear is a common thing. If the artists decided to depict the angelic helmets differently and they ended up looking superficially like BMX helmets would you try to tell me angels invented the X-Games?


But why call something a landing pad in ancient texts unless something was flying? And what we can further say is that if it is near impossible to build and is mentioned as a landing pad than what other explanation is there? If there is no explanation we can't just put anything in there but it must be explained. So if something hypothetically can't be built by humans we just leave it there and say 'it's just a mystery it got there by itself' No there must be an explanation you can't just say 'well it's a marvel and was near impossible to build by humans so it couldn't have been anything else it just got there out of the sky' and if it is mentioned as a landing pad then the best conclusion I can draw is aliens. Why would they bother believing they ascended in a boat? What previous idea would they possibly have had to believe that after they died they ascended in a boat? They had to have seen something, just because I live next to the Mississipi I'm not going to bring a boat in my final resting place unless it held special significance to me. And finally it is not just a coincidence that angels and astronauts both wear helmets so it must be a coincidence, angels fly too, angels have the ability to fly and wear helmets and interact with people so what does that tell you? Why bother drawing a circle on a flying being if something wasn't there. And furthermore the angels weren't depicted in 'BMX' helmets. And how about every other flying shaped god, Ahura Mazda, some Egyptian gods, why depict them as flying if they weren't actually flying.
edit on 4-9-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by KingJames1337

No, I got scented candles down here and EVD got his own theme park.

The Park went bankrupt several years ago.

Did he find a buyer?

Harte


Not sure, I'm sure he's got plenty of money stashed up though.



new topics

top topics



 
38
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join