It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

If I am remembering correctly TM mentioned
in his/her first post that he/she came in on the
first quake thread found. I guess he/she didn't
look around much.

Anyone else remember exactly how that was
said?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I,too,have always thought that was strange.
My thought would have been quake watch.
It's the first one you come to in the fragile earth forum.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't understand the motive either and why not start a thread or at least post in Quake Watch...who knows why he/she didn't. It is puzzling thats for sure.

The latest I know is a geomagnetic storm in progress (severe) and a couple of quakes are now crackin after a quiet morning. Lets see how the next couple of days go.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

If I am remembering correctly TM mentioned
in his/her first post that he/she came in on the
first quake thread found. I guess he/she didn't
look around much.

Anyone else remember exactly how that was
said?

"I have no idea where or how to really draw attention to this post. never done this before and would be fired on the spot for doing this, but i want to go on record somewhere before this all happens. this is the first spot i found where i could post."

At first, and mistakenly, I thought that the information was about Arkansas and the New Madrid. When later I found out it was California, I had to wonder why they picked the Arkansas thread in the first place. Let alone, ATS in general.

It doesn't makes sense. Unless.
"nuff said", any further comment would be pure speculation without any proof.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"I have no idea where or how to really draw attention to this post. never done this before and would be fired on the spot for doing this, but i want to go on record somewhere before this all happens. this is the first spot i found where i could post."

Oh yeah....now I remember him/her saying this now. Well that makes sense....

If I was in a hurry and wanted to post something I would do it in the first related thread I could find I guess..... who knows. I guess time will tell if this is legit, along with all the other prophesies. Geeeez! I can't keep up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ok did a bit of research on the guy with the prediction I posted. We talked about him here last year, remember this map?www.theweatherspace.com...

And here was a thread on him and a prediction for a 7.7 in California. Obviously it did not happen, and he is considered a flake or a scam by the media. So, I think we can disregard that prediction posting of mine. Not that the Salton Sea is not an important component to the SA Fault.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Throwing this out.

SCEC is headquartered at the University of Southern California.

Source

The Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) is a community of over 600 scientists, students, and others at over 60 institutions worldwide, headquartered at the University of Southern California.

The University of Southern California is in Los Angeles
Source

About 20 miles away to the west and minutes from the ocean is Torrance, CA and a street called Middlebrook.
Google Map

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by daxpax

Nice sleuthing, but I kind of think that if TM used a name that somehow related to him and we figured it out, we might screw with a life.

I don't think his name matters. Just my opinion, you guys can keep working on the significance of his name, if you like.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Knowing what the Arkansas thread has accomplished (Susan played a HUGE role in getting hose injection wells shut down, national media attention was gained, blogs about it took off, etc), it's possible that the (Arkansas in particular) thread got noticed as a "mover and a shaker," by someone "in the know" (tmiddlebrook, if legit) that has information they want to get out and have it acted upon.

Or it could be a random troll.

One that keeps directing us to verifiable scientific advancements in seismology...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think TM was already a contributing member on the Fragile Earth threads...someone else mentioned jalosangeles was banned the same day as TM35. He had been posting in the Quake watch (jalosangeles) and maybe switched over to the Arkansas thread because he knew alot of the same people were on that thread and it wouldn't be as obvious as posting on the Quake watch...just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
I think TM was already a contributing member on the Fragile Earth threads...someone else mentioned jalosangeles was banned the same day as TM35. He had been posting in the Quake watch (jalosangeles) and maybe switched over to the Arkansas thread because he knew alot of the same people were on that thread and it wouldn't be as obvious as posting on the Quake watch...just my 2 cents

Interesting lead,megaboogie!
Check this out and see what you all think.

Posted on 3/22/2011 by jalosangeles

The Salton Sea upwards towards San Bernardino, and I stress that this is MUCH more of an "at risk" area for the USGS in Pasadena. Recent activity to the South, just across the Mexican boarder, has had many geologist on edge. I have specific information indicating that a "major seismic event is imminent" and that "human and structural loss would exceed the current capabilities of both Federal and State emergency services". The inside information that I have indicates a major event that is imminent. In geology terms, that translates to "within weeks". I also want to stress that the USGS is specifically concerned with something called ground acceleration, or the force at which the ground physically shakes. The expected "PGA" or "PHA" is off the charts, which many geologists are saying could "potentially trigger additional significant seismic activity on faults within the region". This supports the theory of a major "cluster-quake" event that, within a few hours, could generate multiple earthquakes measuring in excess of 6.5+ on various faults within a very small region. It's basically, "the mother of all seismic events". Imagine the "big one" (8.0) followed by Northridge (6.7), followed by Landers (7.2), followed by an LA Basin quake (capable of generating a 7.0 earthquake under the most densely populated portion of the city), and so on and so on and so on. The theory of the "cluster-quake" is that the seismic event could last for "days".

edit on 26-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

Are we sure this person( jalosangeles ) is banned?
It doesn't look like they are to me but reading the postings, the message does seem very similar.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

I don't think he is and the last time he posted was in March.

jalosangeles postings

Does seem very similar

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes,it does.I have been reading through this Jim Berkland thread.
That is the only place he posted.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Do you remember any of his posts in the quake thread? I can't find any in that particular area.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

He only posted 15 posts in 1 earthquake thread, and here is the first of them:
Like the signature line, "prepare don't panic." Does sound familiar.

I just wanted to keep this thread alive as I was a complete skeptic of Mr. Berklands for many many years, even getting into an argument in a chat room many many years ago. Well, since then, I've watched him become more and more accurate with predicting quakes. Not to say that I still don't entirely think it's possible, but if ANYONE can forecast an event, it's Jim.

Which takes me to the next side of things. On Wednesday evening 3/10/11, I had a vivid dream about an earthquake. I was waiting for the quake to happen in my dream, fully expecting it to happen and even remember looking at the USGS website for "current earthquake around the world" and pointing to the Japan quake and thinking to myself, see, knew this would happen. Well, I know I thought that this happened because earlier in the week, the 7.2 event that happened off of Sendai triggered this in my head. I researched that event exhaustedly as I am very familiar with Sendai and knew the 7.2 was a huge quake. To my relief, no major damage. When I was alerted by the USGS on Thursday evening of the 8.4 (at the time, upgraded to 8.9 and then 9.0), my heart sank as I knew there was no escaping damage and possibly fatal injuries, which we obviously know the outcome now. I can't help but think my dream was somehow connected. I even told my girlfriend about the dream prior to the quake happening.

This all brings me to this passed Tuesday night, BEFORE I heard about Mr. Berkland's forecast. I had another very vivid dream about yet another massive earthquake. But this one was different. I remember where I was when it hit, (at work in my office), and it was incredibly violent. Im my dream I was alerted by the USGS that the quake was not just one quake, but multiple quakes all over Los Angeles. I have NO idea what this means, but I vividly remember seeing in my dream the USGS map of LA and the San Fernando Valley and there were no less than three major events, 6.0+. I just have to say this now, so there is public record of my dream in the event it comes to fruition once again.

I also want to add that I NEVER dream about earthquakes. I am an avid follower of the USGS and although I am not a geologist, I studied Geology extensively in college. I am connected to the USGS very closely tracking the information that gets distributed after every world wide event.

I hope Jim is not right, and I hope that my dreams mean nothing, but just had to share.

Prepare instead of panic.

Thanks
Jeff

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

You and I are thinking alike shall we compare?

t, I remain skeptical. But if there is new data and studies out there discussing the reasons for this increased awareness of a potential big one, please share this with us. Im sure you could U2U someone on this thread that would post this data for us and you. But the bottom line is, the plates are in motion and heating up. Big ones.....probably everywhere soon as far as I can tell. In fact they already are happening. And all that released pressure is going somewhere else. The tohoku EQs in Japan sent a massive chunk of energy our way via the lithosphere. Both the Cascadia subduction zone (CSZ) and the New Madrid Fault (NMF) have been absorbing energy for 200 to 300 years without really moving. And move they must. Its the law of earth physics. I give the CSZ a year. It will set off the San Andreas and other localized fault systems. When these go, so goes the NMF shortly afterwards. Im just thinking out loud. The thing I use as a predictor is Edgar Cayce. In a trance he said that the big one along the CA coast would happen 3 months after the second sister erupted. Two famous volcanoes are considered the two sisters by most (and for the life of me I cant remember which two), but I like a different theory that says that the two sisters are actually Mt St Helens and Mt St Helena. Helens blew, and it's well known that the geysers area north of Mt St Helena is the most seismically active area in the lower 48. If Mt St Helena starts acting up, sell the ranch quick.

**** Closest post to date. And, yes, I do log on to read what people are writing as I cannot be responsible for information being entirely leaked. You should ALL doubt me. In science, skepticism is the most priceless position. Nothing came from our MB yesterday, (simply stated: Morning Briefing). People are trying to piece a ton of information together and this science is so very new and the data sometimes contradicting, so you can imagine their hesitation. Bottom line; there is specific and credible information supporting theories being presented, modified, and redetermined on literally an hourly basis. Please reread GESS. Some of you are nearly spot on in theory. I remain skeptical myself, however I have been around this world for many years and never before has science pointed in one direction more. Stay prepared.

Posted by Tmiddlebrook36
TM POST

edit on 26-9-2011 by Doodle19815 because: to give credit where it is due

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My bad guys it was jalosangeles2011 and he was banned and posting in quake watch

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Well, that is even more interesting because now we have this other jalosangeles to add to the equation.

Boy, we sure can pick a person apart, huh?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
and both TM35 and jalosangeles2011 had august 27th as their last visit...

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join