It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tmiddlebrook36

Thank you for more clarity on how this all came about and what to expect.
I as far as picking you apart,it's a conspiracy website,what do you expect.
But,with the added info,my conspiracy hat has come off,and my research hat is back on and looking further into this.

edit on 28-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
First off,I come up with this.

The Sierra Madre fault, along the southern flank of the San Gabriel Mountains in the Los Angeles region, has failed in magnitude 7.2 to 7.6 events at least twice in the past 15,000 years. Restoration of slip on the fault indicates a minimum of ~4.0 m of slip from the most recent earthquake and suggests a total cumulative slip of ~10.5 m for the past two prehistoric earthquakes. Large surface displacements and strong ground-motions resulting from M > 7 earthquakes within the Los Angeles region are not yet considered in most seismic hazard and risk assessments.

Rubin warns that damage from large magnitude earthquakes along the Sierra Madre fault would be substantially different from that produced in the 1994, 6.7 Northridge earthquake. "Unlike the Northridge earthquake, that ruptured northward away from the metropolitan region, a magnitude 7+ earthquake on the Sierra Madre fault would rupture southward, directing energy into the densely populated basin," he says. "Large surface displacements, as well as strong ground-motions, have the potential for disrupting lifeline systems (roads, rail, phone, power and water) and producing significant damage to modern buildings," Rubin reports. "Until our recent excavation work, earthquake researchers didn't have any direct evidence about how big the reverse faults in this area could be -- we had no clue until now that an earthquake of a magnitude 7.5 had ever occurred in the region," he says. "This work really changes that. This is direct evidence that earthquakes in the region have been substantially larger than ever before documented -- and suggests that they could happen again," Rubin warns. Rubin has done extensive earthquake research in California for more than seven years. His most recent study was partially supported by grants from the Southern California Earthquake Center and the National Science Foundation.

www.geology.cwu.edu...

Still working on it,but a tidbit.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

Thanks for more info TM!

OK gang, whoever is in the LA Area, please try to record that program for us, somehow!

Ok, just set it to record. Maybe it will be on youtube by Friday, otherwise I'd have to sit with my video recorder and tape it. I will if necessary.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

It says on their site that you can find the weekly episodes on YouTube.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
On a sidenote, the station that is broadcasting this offers rental time on air for reasonable prices. I've always thought it would be nice if citizens would deliver news as they see it, with some in depth journalism, untainted by corporate sponsors.
So it can be done.

www.klcs.org...

We could have the ATS hour.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.insidetheie.com...

One thing scientists were able to determine was, this was not a single fault zone slippage....Among the Dozen or so other fault zones ruptured, were the Johnson Valley, Landers, Homestead Valley, Emerson, and the Camp Rock Fault zones.....The quake was preceded a few months earlier by the Joshua Tree M6.3 earthquake on April 22.....A aftershock sequence followed and consisted of thousands of tremors, including 143 quakes registered M4.0 or stronger, 19 of which measured M5.0 or stronger.....The most recent moderate aftershock was the Joshua Tree M5.0 earthquake on May 14, 1999.

I remember this quake vividly. I was living in Burbank, CA and it shook us out of bed.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So,we know the are using atmospheric monitoring.TEC,total electron count,which has been discussed on this thread.
Found a very interesting paper on the study of this.
Prepare for the headaches to begin.

www.annalsofgeophysics.eu...

The paper attempts to identify ionospheric parameters in association with earthquake at anomaly crest station through VHF Radio Beacon data and ground based ionosonde measurements while the Total Electron Content (TEC) parameters from RB observations are based mainly on data taken over Guwahati (26.2°N, 91.75° E), foF2 data used in the analysis were collected at Ahmadabad (23.01°N, 72.36°E). The paper describes methods and techniques adopted to examine modifications on these parameters if any, due to earthquake preparatory processes at equatorial anomaly crest stations. The mechanism of inducement of density changes in the ionosphere is sought through the generation of strong fountain effect possibly by the development of electric field during the earthquake preparatory process.

Now,they have shown this above the quake from Japan,before it actually.

And I'm sure they are keeping an eye on it now in California.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Now ,to show you where this fault is,amazingly enough,right next to JPL!!!!

The two branches of the Sierra Madre Fault shown here. The solid line near the circled "24" is the southern branch while the northern branch is the dashed line near the circled "25". (in "Recent Reverse Faulting in the Transverse Ranges, California", Crook, et al., 1987, USGS Professional Paper 1339)

www.hovanitz.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Is this the same type of map? TEC, global?

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

iono.jpl.nasa.gov...

So we watch carefully when the red approaches?
edit on 28-9-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.ips.gov.au...

Yes,in a way.But they have computers and satellites not available to the public which does a more precise calculation over a specific area in much more detail.
Those maps are from what the sun is sending us.What they are talking about is what is released from the earth,which is not shown.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by favouriteslave

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.ips.gov.au...

Yes,in a way.But they have computers and satellites not available to the public which does a more precise calculation over a specific area in much more detail.
Those maps are from what the sun is sending us.What they are talking about is what is released from the earth,which is not shown.

I suppose there is no way for us to get anything like that............bummer!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here are some links TM has provided for us to look into.

solidearth.jpl.nasa.gov...

lidar.cr.usgs.gov...

Research and come back with whatever you find.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Question.
TM has said this.

redirect your attention to spreading the word.

How,or who will do this?
I Have started ,somewhat.But should a thread be started on this,or more on a social/media blitz?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks TM... Looking forward to seeing the "internal memos" you mentioned.

Give us an inch... but we really want a mile : )

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have kinda had a "hunch" the last week and after TM's post, I put it together in my head. Made a map. It should be self-explanatory.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Maybe a little more to the left where you see Sierra Madre?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You know,trying to spread the word is like yelling in an empty cave.
Amanda Knox is more important.
Michael Jackson's doctor trial is more important.

Fine.Just peachy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I dunno .....that area to the east of the san andreas is where there seems to be some deformation going on. Of purse....that is also the furthest west gps station I can find access to.

Good to hear from TM again, although i've got to say I'm going to be pushy and ask for more. Thanks for the tip on the show. I'm hoping we have a chance to see it. Even though there isn't any public access to the reports you studies you speak of ...maybe you can say what type? I assume it is a combination of gps mapped deformation, ionic mapping, infrared measures and perhaps emf spikes? We now have a general location and fault or faults and a timeline. What we DON'T have is proof of any of it. As you can tell by the very location of this thread (hoax bin), it's going to take more than speculation to get people to listen.

I would just like to stress that if this looks as if the worst-case is really going to happen ...and you truly believe it, that you give us something we can use. I would hope that several hundred thousand lives would be worth risking your job. I guess that is where I am at with this. If it's real than many other people know about it and I would hope one of you would have the courage to step out. No....sorry, but anonymous breadcrumbs on ATS doesn't count when the stakes are as high as you claim.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hi all.....I am having some computer problems. I hope to have it figured out soon. I keep trying to get on here and then it freezes up...just letting you know.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I too have been having this problem with ATS. I just got a new computer and have had no problems with other sites. I guess its time to bring this up on the board thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join