It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

This is the kind of stuff we need to be on the lookout for....thanks for the link.

Man...looking at the map right now, there is like a solid mass of yellow/blu/red around LA

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Thank you Robin....for being the voice of reason. Let others on here agree to disagree, and move ahead. Arguing only gets you somewhere for a moment....anything after that is only mindless babble.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Wowsers....You have more avatars than Jenna Jamison has blisters.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

Thanks for posting that! The 'die offs,' or birds falling from the sky, or pets running away from their homes is one of those puzzle parts that Jim Berkland (a former USGS geologist--who 'predicted' the World Series quake) studies. I tried to get his page to load (to copy and paste here, but I kept getting error messages). Fascinating that animals (or marine life) either sense what is coming, or are the first to suffer the release of sulphur; methane; in the days/hours preceding a quake.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
How long would it take to shut down the Nuclear power plants in California if a large earthquake does occur? What if the plant were extremely damaged? Is there anything that could be done now to avoid a meltdown or massive radiation leak?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If this thread carries on any longer then eventually an earthquake will probably occur!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Which map? Too many great links, getting waylaid catching up.
Interesting thread too Westcoast.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
wow guys, that's some real advancement in the postulations ... well done

i haven't finished reading all the new pages but i wanted to make everyone aware of something.
~~ it dawned on me that some of you might not know that early warning systems are already planned/active in many parts of the world.

from 2009

Earthquake early warning systems, already successfully deployed in Mexico, Japan and Taiwan, can detect an earthquake in progress and provide notice of seconds to tens of seconds prior to actual ground shaking. Building on developments in other countries with significant earthquake risk, scientists are exploring early warning in the United States. source

or this ...

Earthquake early warning systems have been expanding rapidly around the world. There are currently warning systems in Japan, Taiwan, Mexico, Turkey and Romania. source=Berkley

or this ...

Not all warning systems require much money. One 14-year-old in Chile rigged a $75 quake alarm to his computer and sends out warnings on his Twitter account. More than 70,000 people follow him, and so far, he's been accurate. source=MSM

or that mainstream is already addressing 'home/personal systems" ...

source *The price for the above earthquake alarm, does not include VAT.
** For orders outside Romania, depending on quantity, the price will be established independently for each customer. Promotion supported by Lamit Company. Take advantage now.

the point i'm making here is this:
when ppl say 'they (scientists/geologists) wouldn't keep such important info from us' ... well,
yes, they would. yes, they have. and yes, they'll continue to do so ... or at least until,
the corporate faction has figured a way to make $$ on sharing in their new found (yeah, right) knowledge. It has been happening for the last 5 yrs, look at the dates of some of my links.

it is fantastic that so many noobs and non-science folk have taken an interest

perhaps, we won't need the corporate contributions seemingly necessary to apply knowledge learned

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Sorry about that! I meant to put in the link to the USGS US map:

quake map

Southern California is almost a solid mass of blue (quakes in the past day).....yes, they are always having little quakes but this seems like quite a bit more than usuall.

This, along with the odd GPS recordings, the wierd thing with the floor tiles at the jail and now the quid thing. I think we need to keep watching. Closely.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is an article about a recent die-off in in Sonoma county. The cause is being attributed to a very bad red tide...I guess the worse they have ever seen. I don't know if this could have anything to do with any gases. etc. But here is the info:

fish die-off

This action was taken in the wake of confirmed reports of dead red abalone and other invertebrates on beaches and inside coves along the coast in these areas.

Data continue to be collected that shows an abalone die-off along the Sonoma coast beginning Aug. 27. According to Department of Fish and Game (DFG) biologists, these abalone deaths coincided with a local red tide bloom and calm ocean conditions. Although the exact reasons for the abalone deaths are not known, invertebrate die-offs have occurred in the past along the northern California coast due to lack of oxygen and/or poisoning when similar weather and bloom conditions existed but not at the magnitude of this event.

Reports of dead abalone and a variety of invertebrates have come from Bodega Bay, Russian Gulch, Fort Ross, Timber Cove and Salt Point State Park in Sonoma County and as far north as Anchor Bay in Mendocino County. Other DFG biologists and game wardens have collected abalone, mussels and water samples since the beginning and are continuing to document reports from the public. The public is encouraged to report the location, number and date of dead or dying abalone to Ian Taniguchi at (562) 342-7182 or by e-mail at [email protected].

I also found this :

Wierd weather reported across southern california

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by Glinda

Your post got me thinking...Middlebrook 35...could be a city and latitude and low and behold here's :

The latitude and longitude of
Middlebrook Heights, Tennessee is:35° 57' 22" N / 83° 59' 30" W

It appears to be a suburb of Knoxville. Just grasping at straws now

ETA Maybe the "T" in his screen name is referring to Tennessee??
edit on 26-8-2011 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

Love your way of thinking and wow, nice find, even if it leads nowhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Also, it seems like Earthquakes worldwide have all but stopped (relative to normal)...even the cascadia tremor report shows 0 for the last several days.

Southern CA is making me nervous after the electricity outage, meteor/light siting, earthquake swarm going on now (right after tmiddlebrook's latest responses), floor buckling in the jail, the squids (red tide notwithstanding)....and now another X-flare this morning & 5 M-flares.

Just giving me an overall uneasiness about the state of things there.
edit on 9/24/2011 by onthelookout because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I tried to go read the original posts this thread is based on and it says the user has been banned.

Edit: I am talking about the tmiddlebrooks user.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Ameilia because: Editted to clarify

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

His latest posts are on page 41 of this thread. He/she goes by tmiddlebrook36 now.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

The original post is in the OP. THAT account was banned and this thread moved to the hoax bin.

However....they obviously opened the new account and has continued to update under that one. IT has not been banned, nor has this thread been closed. For whatever reason, we have been 'allowed' to travel this winding road to see where it leads.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Speaking of the winding road, I've downloaded one of the data acquisition programs from the page I linked previously, installed the libraries and now just need to get the satellite data to integrate and I should be able to view (and post screens) of several wavelengths including OLR.

It's a 30 day trial without registering (less than $40, so I may grab it anyway) the software for this particular service. There are various packages available as well upward of $200 But I don't know of those offer a trial period.

I've had a part of my brain working on the notion of foreshocks and letting the information from Honor's links bubble through sifting the while while and my mind keeps bringing up mechanical stress testing.

As you can see, there are three basic types, compressive, shearing, and one other that seems to be in tune with what I'm thinking. Specifically, I am referring to tensile stress testing wherein an object to be tested is stretched to the failure point.

I've added emphasis to the quite below to indicate what stands out to me and will show a resonant connection to some of the other things we've discussed:

In continuum mechanics, stress is a measure of the internal forces acting within a deformable body. Quantitatively, it is a measure of the average force per unit area of a surface within the body on which internal forces act. These internal forces are a reaction to external forces applied on the body. Because the loaded deformable body is assumed to behave as a continuum, these internal forces are distributed continuously within the volume of the material body, and result in deformation of the body's shape. Beyond certain limits of material strength, this can lead to a permanent shape change or structural failure.

Imagine, if you will, that the underlined & bolded segments were discussing seismology.

Taking another look at Neil Adams site, we read (everyone really ought to go watch all of the videos he's got posed) the following:

The earth has two crusts. One…the mostly basalt lower crust or the oceanic crust which is 2 – 4 miles deeper down than the higher upper continental crust. This lower crust, essentially covers the Earth. It … this crust is being made daily at rift cracks that snake around the earth’s mid- oceans. But how could all these rifts continually spread apart…without the Earth growing? Ah….that is the question….isn’t it?

If the continental crust riding atop the oceanic crust, it would be stretched (that is experience tensile stress) and it would have a multitude of failure events (earthquakes) as the diferent minerals reach their various rupture points.

Whig brings me back to the wiki:

When the applied loads permanently deform the structure, the theory of plasticity applies.

The upper crust (continents) would be under the permanently applied load of the growing inner crust (ocean floor), which leads me to this:

In physics and materials science, plasticity describes the deformation of a material undergoing non-reversible changes of shape in response to applied forces.[1]

Again wih deformation. As in surface deformation. Mantle material would has plasticity from the continual strain it is under.

I'll have more in a subsequent post. Gonna go watch ghost hunters with the the misses.
edit on 24-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: A bit more of the story.

edit on 24-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Slash it

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

In case I missed it ,the best case of early prediction yet.
Let's go back to 373 BC.Yes,thats right,not a typo.
Our best indicator to date has been animals.

The earliest reference we have to unusual animal behavior prior to a significant earthquake is from Greece in 373 BC. Rats, weasels, snakes, and centipedes reportedly left their homes and headed for safety several days befor a destructive earthquake. Anectdotal evidence abounds of animals, fish, birds, reptiles, and insects exhibiting strange behavior anywhere from weeks to seconds before an earthquake. However, consistent and reliable behavior prior to seismic events, and a mechanism explaining how it could work, still eludes us. Most, but not all, scientists pursuing this mystery are in China or Japan.

And animals are more sensitive to the precursors of earthquakes because.....

We can easily explain the cause of unusual animal behavior seconds before humans feel an earthquake. Very few humans notice the smaller P wave that travels the fastest from the earthquake source and arrives before the larger S wave. But many animals with more keen senses are able to feel the P wave seconds before the S wave arrives. As for sensing an impending earthquake days or weeks before it occurs, that's a different story.

But,why aren't we? Have we been so de-sensitized from nature that we have lost this ability,or as some ,like StealthyKat,are still sensitive to it.

The paper poses this question: Is it reasonable for a seismic-escape behavior pattern to evolve, and can such a genetic system be maintained in the face of selection pressures operating on the time scales of damaging seismic events? All animals instinctively respond to escape from predators and to preserve their lives. A wide variety of vertebrates already express “early warning” behaviors that we understand for other types of events, so it’s possible that a seismic-escape response could have evolved from this already-existing genetic predisposal. An instinctive response following a P-wave seconds before a larger S wave is not a “huge leap”, so to speak, but what about other precursors that may occur days or weeks before an earthquake that we don’t yet know about? If in fact there are precursors to a significant earthquake that we have yet to learn about (such as ground tilting, groundwater changes, electrical or magnetic field variations), indeed it’s possible that some animals could sense these signals and connect the perception with an impending earthquake.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Heres a link to the location of Nuclear power plants in the USA.

www.nukepills.com...

The map shows two Nuclear Power Plants in the Southern California area. (Whos the brainiac who allowed two in an area well known for Earthquakes?) Is this not the same area TM is suggesting there will be a Large quake?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

wow Capt, thanks for that map
... upon a glance, i immediately noticed the excessive overlap region of the "theoretical affected areas" (red circles) amazingly appear heaviest along the 37th parallel ... perhaps this is nothing but a coincidence (but i don't really believe in them) however, you've got me wondering just how many of these nuclear plants are so aligned across the globe.

we already know Fukishima is on the 37th, the VA quakes are also relative, didn't look into CO, CA is a given and now i hope i'm not the only one who is curious.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

totally agree this is an under-studied and often over-looked but extremely relevant sign.
i enjoy a unique bond/connection with most animals and am one of those ppl who can/does train a cat (10 of 'em currently).

oddly enough, they (all of em) were acting very peculiar the day before Japan and Chile ... didn't really correlate the behavior until reading about it here but if it's the wave sensitivity, that makes total sense to me. (in swFL)

thanks for sharing the info because i think far too many humans dismiss the obvious.
speaking of which ... reminder to all: nothing and i do mean Nothing is stationary, ever.
the term 'stationary' is purely a figment of the imagination ... always has been, always will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join