It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So this new ATS member; tmiddlebrook35, is claiming to be an employee of JPL in Pasedena (Earthquake research org.). The following is thier post placed on the Arkansas fracking thread:

[[[[[[[ETA: Okay, there was a lot of info and ideas exchanged quickly and I think I got of track. I want to pre-amp this with more information that has been brought to my attention. Thanks to JadedANDcynical and Dragonlover for alerting me. JPL is a part of NASA who does, in fact run a program called quakesim ( link to info ). The M8 could very well be a reference to an earthquake prediction algorithm used in a prgram by the USGS. ( LINK to PDF by USGS on it ).

There were some questions raised about this being about a nebula called M8....but now I really believe this is regarding JPLs involvement in Quakesim and that the M8 reference in related to the USGS algorithm. I am even more intrigued!!!! ]]]]]]]]

I have no idea where or how to really draw attention to this post. never done this before and would be fired on the spot for doing this, but i want to go on record somewhere before this all happens. this is the first spot i found where i could post. this is an email exchange from my boss regarding some research from an organization that is connected to jpl in pasadena, ca. this place is a buzz right now with new info. i've had to protect identities so i x'd out names and emails, and i don't exactly know what the info is. I've also put a dotted line between each email. the chain is backwards so read from bottom up. the came in last night. sorry, doing this quickly.

Subject: Re: M8

Just got here. Heading to (XXXX) office now. Current calcs in hand... hope it's not on the larger end.
Meet me in there.
-----------------------
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:07 PM, xxxxxxx wrote:
Absolutely. I'm concerned that we may be jumping the gun? do we NOT say anything and let it play out for another week or two?

We knew this was a possibility..

We're for sure, right?
------------------------
On Aug 25, 2011, at 4:55 PM, xxxxxx wrote:

Ugh. None really. We have to think this thru and make sure to not send alarm bells.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
------------------------
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:54 PM,xxxxxxxx wrote:
Is the plan to send an alert or something? What protocol do we have for this anyway?
------------------------
Afraid so. Just spoke to (XXXX), we’re gathering shortly to discuss. On my way in now.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
------------------------
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM, xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi A(XXXX),
Did we really just get this report??

Link to ATS thread

They have NOT made any further posts to my knowledge.

I am assuming the M8 reference is regarding a magnitude earthquake. They place it on the Arkansas thread...so one would then think it was about the New Madrid.

NOW....do I believe this? It is vague enough that I am intrigued, but far from convinced. It would take a whole lot more. Having said that, I would hate to later find out that this was a valid warning left to be buried.

I simply want to put this in it's own thread so we can look into it and perhaps this poster will be able to give us some more info.

Thoughts????
edit on 26-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Intriguing to say the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
ATS is the whistle blowing site of the internet. It's kinda like WalMart in a way...

link   
reply to post by westcoast

My first thought was sound like something from a movie, in the way its written. Like its trying to be all serious, but then again there was another post somewhere about a medium in the uk predicting a quake for today in cali. I don't really know what to make of it

link   
Okay, I read it again. I think that the poster works for someone that received a report FROM JPL...not that they work for them. This would lead to me think that (If this is true), the OP works for an Organization that gathers info to monitor and possible give alerts if necessary.

This whole things smells more of volcanic activity vs earthquake. We simply are not to the point to give advanced warnings on quakes....but we can for eruptions. However, eruptions are usually measured with a 'V', not an 'M'....correct????/

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I agree WC...

the info that they provided was just enough to capture our attention and engage us, but not enough to fully convince us.

Curious.....what type of questions would they need to answer before you are convinced?
edit on 26-8-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If you read what was posted, you would have noticed it was RE: M8, or in other words, the Lagoon Nebula, or the interstellar cloud in the Sagitarius constellation. Apparently, one of their 'projects' has some new data that has them all concerned. That could be anything about temperature to constitution to contents of this interstellar cloud that could be harmful to the earth?? Sounds like they have been working on this for a while and they don't want to create panic without proper proof and timing??

Just throwing thoughts out there about what it is about, but pretty sure M8 is the Nebula.

Also, JPL is Jet Propulsion Laboratory in CA, with NASA.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ah come on now!

Just popped in on one of those intuitive responses I have learned to follow, this was the first thing that caught my attention via the other thread...

Something is up I think, been gone for a while my friend and have missed your threads very much. I am back on a new comp now and am here for the hurricane weekend and NOW to follow thisd thread religiously.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

LOL...good question.

If this is Volcanic...than every known volcanic threat in the US is quite well monitored, and if pointed in the right direction there are enough people on here that know what they're doing that we could figure it out.

SO...give us more than a brief, cryptic email exchange. If YOU (original OP) really want to warn people....you need to tell us at least WHERE so we can confirm activity and threat level. What you provided will NOT save lives, only some discussion.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I hope the poster returns with more information,
we only have so much to go on. They say they
have no protocol for this and that they may wait
to sound the alarm. Sound the alarm to whom
I wonder, the world or just another organization
or govt. So many questions and I shouldn't
just keep guessing but see what comes across.

I do think the email is referring to M8 earthquake.

Westcoast what do you get from this?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He will fit right in! Another Doomsayer cool

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In the original thread this was posted in, MountainEnigima said that the subject was M8. I will quote what he said on the other topic - seems to know something I didn't think off. I was thinking quake...

MountainEnigima wrote:

If you read what was posted, you would have noticed it was RE: M8, or in other words, the Lagoon Nebula, or the interstellar cloud in the Sagitarius constellation. Apparently, one of their 'projects' has some new data that has them all concerned. That could be anything about temperature to constitution to contents of this interstellar cloud that could be harmful to the earth?? Sounds like they have been working on this for a while and they don't want to create panic without proper proof and timing??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Kind of odd, considering the protestations of seismologists that they cannot predict EQs, that they have a predictive report and are sitting on it to 'see what happens'. I wonder if M8 instead refers to Messier 8, a star system. I guess we'll find out.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
JPL studies space not geological upheavals.So I think M8 would most likely refer to M Class solar flares

Aside from that I dont buy into the third party, hearsay email warnings

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The most interesting thing to me was the choice in threads to post in for the new member professing this juicy info. It is from JPL which we all know the agency, but remember that NASA was also sending out alerts a few weeks back about being prepared to hunker down to all of their employees, so perhaps whatever is up is about to go down.

We need more than a single cloak and dagger post to go by here, I do agree that this thread was important none the less.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Woops, sorry MountainEnigma. I just saw you came over to this thread as well.

Thought your reply was worth noting.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Okay....so learning more already.
Love it when I am wrong from the get-go.

Thank you Mountainenigma!!!!!

Thanks for the nebula info...here it is:

This colorful picture is a mosaic of the Lagoon nebula taken by NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE. Normally, you would expect a lagoon to be filled with water, but this nebula is composed of clouds of gas and dust in which new stars are forming. Also known as Messier 8, or simply M8, the Lagoon nebula is seen here as a large circular cloud in the center of the image, surrounded by innumerable stars.

Astronomers have identified several different parts of the Lagoon nebula, including M8E, a young stellar object, and the star clusters NGC 6523 and NGC 6530 (sometimes the designation of NGC 6523 is used interchangeably with M8). At the center of the Lagoon nebula is the star Herschel 36. Distance measurements to this nebula vary widely, from 4,000 to 6,500 light-years away from Earth. Also included in this image but not classified as part of M8, is another cloud of warm dust and gas, located up and to the right of M8. This cloud is emitting infrared radiation.

source
edit on 26-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Would a M8 CME from our sun do any damage?

But I do know a 8.0 would devestate the region around the New Madrid faultline.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So wait I read it as subject reply M8, magnitude so M8 refers to something in space?

Sorry for my ignorence
edit on 26-8-2011 by GaboVarfang because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Hey, totally cool. I'm not about S&F, just getting information out there and helping any way I can. Glad someone noticed what I posted. Maybe that will help the OP?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join