It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+109 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
For those that don't know him, Jim Berkland is the geologist that successfully predicted the 1989 World Series earthquake (in fact he lost his job with the USGS for making his prediction). His methods are based on the lunar effects on the tides and observing where fish and mammals start dieing off.

His claim is that the next big earthquake along the ring of fire will be this weekend. He was just interviewed on FOX News (March 15th, 2011) and here is that interview segment

*** UPDATE: TO ADD ***

It appears that I did not follow up completely on the prediction by Jim. The full statement was that a window between March 19th through the 26th were the ones to be especially vigilant on. I apologize again as I thought I had done all my homework prior to the posting of this thread, sorry, I had a human moment..

*** /UPDATE TO ADD ***

I was able to access Jim Berkland's forum to be able to get the official prediction..

MARCH 19-26, 2011 PREDICTIONS
The extremely clear March window has a 90% chance of producing the following quakes: with at least one meeting each of the following criteria:

(1) 3.5 - 7.0M within 140 miles of Mt. Diablo
(2) 3.5 - 7.0M within 140 miles of Los Angeles.
(3) 3.5 - 7.0M with an epicenter located in Washington or Oregon.
(4) 7.0 + M major quake globally, probably in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Now at least we have some locations..

...To put that in perspective...

The Loma Prieta earthquake, also known as the Quake of '89 and the World Series Earthquake, was a major earthquake that struck the San Francisco Bay Area of California on October 17, 1989, at 5:04 p.m. local time. Caused by a slip along the San Andreas Fault, the quake lasted 10–15 seconds and measured 6.9 on the moment magnitude scale (surface-wave magnitude 7.1) or 6.9 on the open-ended Richter Scale. The quake killed 63 people throughout northern California, injured 3,757 and left some 3,000-12,000 people homeless.

Sign of California Quake to Come?

*edit to add*
Just found a youtube video of the same interview..

****EDIT TO ADD****

Something I thought that might make for an interesting experiment...

As the day of Mr.Berkland's prediction approaches, it might be interesting if the members of ATS took the time to check the newspaper (etc.) in their local area to see if there are any reports of 'lost animals' (IE: pets etc) or reports of 'wild animals' being sighted within a community/town. These are supposedly indicators as animals seem to be able to sense oncoming earthquakes long before we humans know that an earthquake is going to hit.

And speaking of humans..

I've toyed with a theory that as we are having the poles shifting, that we humans may be able to experience more scenarios that we perhaps may have shrugged off as intuition, coincidence's etc. in the past. Perhaps our bodies might be able to be a bit more sensitive to what is happening because of the fields around us changing (add to this celestial influences also).

I bring this up because on the day of the Japan earthquake, for 20 hours prior, I was very discombobulated and off-kelter all day. My sleep had been interrupted with my waking up four (4) times in a complete sweat and not able to walk well to towel myself off, my equilibrium was that off. And all during that day, I felt like I was off (not myself), stuffed up head, weird knots in my stomach, in a cloud-like feeling (BTW, no alcohol or 'other medication' was in use for over a month prior to this scenario). I even mentioned it to my relatives I was visiting asking if they felt weird also (which they didn't). I should point out that I in no way make claim that my feelings are associated with the Japan Earthquake, but I do find it curious and so is documented in my files for further possible review/additions (as that is all one can do at this time). But it does bring up an interesting thought...

I know that there are certain people that are extremely sensitive to seismic events, in fact I interviewed several years back for ATS, Ms. Charlotte King who is just one of these people. She was even asked by several 3-letter agencies to come to work for them because of her uncanny accuracy in seismic predictions. She was the one that successfully predicted the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens volcano (down to minutes btw). In fact they actually have named the effect after her, it's called "The Charlotte King Effect", I dug into the ATS archives to find the interview if anyone is interested in hearing her story here, and I believe her website is still on that page too if you want to research her.

OK... the reason why I bring her up alongside my probably unrelated weird ill feelings on the Japan earthquake. Besides our being vigilant in looking at the animal movement data, we should also keep tabs on ourselves to see how we feel and our friends and family too. This could be an excellent time for data gathering if indeed Mr. Berkland's prediction comes true. It would also help establish a better 'model' for possible seismic indicators for the future.

So if you'd like to participate, please feel free to post those findings and data here in the thread and I'll thank everyone in advance for their assistance in the gathering of this information. I'll be sure to have the ATS radio show (AboveTopSecretLive) report the findings if we indeed have stumbled upon something here.

So again, what were looking for is animal movement (either lost, disappeared or appearing) and people feeling off-kelter/weird/sick prior to an event. The more information you can provide the better for this data gathering experiment.

Thanks!
Johnny Anonymous

edit on 3/16/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: added youtube video and additional thoughts on a possible experiment..

edit on 3/17/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: *** update to add ***

edit on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 22:13:53 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri, 18 Mar 2011 18:30:09 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I hope he is wrong !! God i hope he is wrong !! Gut feeling is bad tho something is onway !!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This guy is saying a lot of things similar to what Member THEDUDE86
wrote yesterday morning in his thread.

ATS: no Joke this could be another Tunguska Event

They both mention California.
They both cite the patern of quakes going around the ring of fire.
And they both mention 1906.

I have nothing else to add,
just pointing out the similarity
I noticed from watching the video above.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i saw this yesterday and all i could think of was ....wow we have been talking about these modes of earthquake prediction on ATS for years now. It's about freakin time the media takes notice.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
S&F!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That's the best way to predict disasters. Scientific research into geological patterns is much more effective than prophets who claim to have magical powers.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Finally a geologist who makes perfect sense to ME!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hopefully people on the West Coast are aware of this report. It was nice to see a guest on mainstream news being treated with respect - I think that will help bring about preparedness to the extent it's possible.

I see also that the U.S. Geological Survey has on its website FAQs - Earthquake Preparedness.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't know much about EQs or Geology, or predictions but,
Just a first impression,
This guy comes across like he is Nuttier than Squirrel $h!T.
He's got that thousand yard stare and reminds me of one of those people
in a nursing home who sit and stare at the cieling and talk to their dead realatives.

I'm not saying he isn't on to something though.
God forbid I slam this guy and I have to come back here in a couple of days and eat my words.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Vedic astrology confirms this.
It is still possible to have more catastrophies until the end of this month, along faultlines, especially earthquakes and tsunamis, and the US could be in danger among the countries of the Earth.
The Full Moon on the 19th is especially loaded. If I lived in California, I would plan to get away for a day or two.

The Moon is nearest to the Earth in 18 years (which is pretty physical and has to do with tidal waves), with other planets aggravating the situation. Unfortunately the Japanese tragedy makes a lot of sense in Vedic astrology terms. We knew it was coming before this summer, only, we did not know it was going to be this bad. Tsunami included if you add European planet Neptune.

Virgo Moon in Vedic ounting starts around 2:30 a.m. L.A. time, and full moon is around 20:00 L.A. time (both rounded).

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I heard a poster on this forum mention that methane gets released from cracks in the ocean floor and kills the fish.
It would certainly explain the the ludicrous numbers; millions (maybe even billions) of dead fish... Not to mention, makes quite a lot of sense. The earth buckles, it creates deep cracks, which release deeply stored earth materials. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's funny, I keep seeing the 20th of March as a pivotal date and that's just a feeling I've had for weeks.

I'll still stick by my feelings and time will tell.

I hope I'm wrong though.

edit on 16-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I feel Mr. Berkland is spot on regarding the reason for the sea life washing up on shores - that they are responding to deep earth changes. Yep. That for the fish and stuff in the magnetosphere for the birds.
Don't doubt it one bit - sadly.
Reckon we should all start paying VERY close attention...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Great Video! I lived thru the 1989 quake in California. I was in Garden Grove. Although not at the epicenter, I can tell you from experience, there are many precursors to a quake.

A few things that are common: Odd air pressure changes, feelings of mild vertigo or nausea, headaches sense of fatigue; the animals simply act out of character, dogs bark constantly and try to escape, cats meow constantly, birds leave the vicinity, pets may go off their feed or forget their toilet training completely; as noted by many people, there are sky anomalies. Many times there are tiny quakes that go for weeks before a big one finally hits. Many of these things are completely overlooked by the populace, and always commented on after the fact. They may seem minor individually, but accumulated they are natures warning. And they are very physical reactions to the Earth's movements.

A cursory review of historical fact regarding the moon changes and prior tectonic movement will show the correlations between the two. People may scoff at this gentleman's information, but I think he has a lot of fact, not fiction backing him up. Anyone who really wants to know, doesn't have to dig far to discover, historically, that the chances are HUGE that a major quake will hit the west coast...soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This was my prediction on the 12th:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ok....at the risk of getting caught with my prediction around my ankles, I'm going to give it a go. I have never made any predictions about anything before but I have a very strong hunch that this is not even close to being over. I believe that there will be another strong earthquake in Japan ; strong enough to NOT be classed as an aftershock and we will see waters rise there, but not from tsunami...it will come up from underground. Before the aftershocks have subsided to M4, there will be another earthquake of note along the Cascadia fault line and perhaps a bit further south. This will also involve the Juan de Fuca mega thrust zone. All of this further irritating the already shaky situation in Arkansas. I believe all of this will occur before the 25th of this month. If I'm wrong, no harm done...if I'm right......never mind, I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I also think 20th or 21st March a big event.......but there is also another in April; not sure which will be the bigger of the two.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Whose to say the next big one won't be in Alaska? Seems logical that it would happen there before Oregon/California.

I guess we'll see.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

davidgrouchy,

That's exactly what went through my mind when watching the video.

The only thing I can add is a deep, gut-feeling that something big, really big is coming. I have felt this way for months now and it's starting to really become intense. It becomes so confusing when one is bombarded with all these different theories of what it could be. That being said, I have another gut feeling that this gentleman is truly onto something.

I pray that we are all wrong about this.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The guy was fired from the USGS for accurately predicting the world series quake.
I'm actually hoping he is wrong...
respectfully though, I'd be preparing like He is right

The moon, I read was right over tokyo at quaketime, and this is the big moon coming up

I catch my best fish to the moon....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not really trying to take anything away from Jim Berkland, but I used to somewhat read his website:

www.syzygyjob.com...

and, aside from the members "predicting" earthquakes and other disasters almost daily, Jim himself would make his monthly predictions based on the Sun-Earth-Moon syzygy among other factors and, to me, his "predictions" seemed rather safe. Meaning that he would predict earthquakes in areas that have fairly regular earthquakes. I believe there is something to what he is saying - especially with the lost pets part he sometimes mentions in his predictions, but I think he should focus more on studying and discussing these factors instead of the monthly safe predictions. I don't know, I guess after following him for so long I kind of got bored with the same thing every month out of him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join