It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Hell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Let's preface this by the acknowledgement that the Iraq invasion was controlled by the political arm of the US government , against the express reservation & recommendations of the last 3 heads of CENTCOM.
Due to the reversal of the Powell Doctrine, inadequate forces were on the ground for the clean up/transition phase. AlSadr militia was formed from practically zero to swelling in direct response to the inordinantly high civilian death count & destruction of property, both religious & the fundamentally necessary secular ( remember, water/sanitation/travel routes/electricity were all tactically blown assunder during the invasion). THESE ARE NOT TERRORISTS, but a militia responding to an invading force. It serves our sensabilites to paint them as evil, but the analogy to us & the Redcoats in the way this has been proctored are beyond ignoring.

NeoCons:
1. Perpetual war leads to perpetual fear which drives the domestic "re-election" policy of "security".
2. A win-win: brought under thumb = look at our success; escalated = 'look, we need to not change in the middle of a serious war'.

Militia
1. Bring the world focus to what's been done to our people & our faith
2. A win-win: focus = get them, the 'invaders' out of here; martyrdom = advances world opinion to their cause

Islamist hardcore factions no doubt want to see a less secular solution to Iraq, but have also been tempered by the Iranian experience - you have a workable coexistence there of the two.

Sadly, there will be no real solutions possible under this administration; if anything, with an election in 70 days, you'llhave even more of a political steering to the situation....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The Department of the Navy wields the most powerful, versitlile, flexible, and agile military force in the history of warfare. It should make every American feel both secure and proud to know what power can be brought to bear in such a brief period anywhere in the world.

I remember once in AIT, thinking to myself, why didn't I join the Navy?!
They go to all the cool places (mediteranean, caribbean). But alas, I'm very proud of my Airborne roots. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

Tell the enemy to play fair and we will.

Have you ever been in a war, jrsdls?

There is nothing fair about war. Especially when it's the Super Bowl champs vs. Pee Wee league.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I put 'sacred' in quotes because if they really felt that way about it, they should be enraged that fellow Muslims are putting the shrine in the line of fire to begin with. Judging by the fact that there hasn't been more of an uproar at Muslims turning their 'holy shrine' into a military fort, yes, I question how much they really care about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They care enough to fill it with the warm, innocent bodies of women, elderly men and children. They're called human shields.

We're never going win this thing. It will only get worse.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sistani is urging all Iraqis to march on Najaf. Can't wait to hear how the Pentagon is gonna spin that (if it happens).

The call to march on Najaf by the Shi'ite moderate, who has said little about a crisis that has killed hundreds and undermined the authority of interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, could escalate passions among the majority Shi'ite community.

"Najaf is burning. Ayatollah al-Sistani is on his way back and calls on Iraqis from all provinces to join him in the holy city," aide Hamed al-Khafaf said by telephone from Beirut.

www.reuters.co.uk.../uk/topNews§ion=news

"The whole world has witnessed al-Sadr welcoming any peaceful initiative," al-Kadhimy continued.

"But those crooked members of the government, who are collaborating with the US occupation forces, do not want any peace. They are slaves for the occupation forces.
english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why would someone be over there for there beliefs? Oh yeah , I forgot they are special. Here let me tell you a couple stories about those people my Graet Uncle used to work for TI ... Texas Instruments ... blah blah ... you know if not ... then just stop reading this please. Thanks ... anyways ... when he was over there there was some kind of Rebellion going on against the United States and the people cam eto burn down the US Embassy over there where my Uncle was staying at the time. Well they all left the back the people didn't really want to kill anyone he said it seemed as if they just wanted to burn down that building to show some sort of passion or grief. But the dumb thing was these people end up at the 3rd floor of the building and the rest of the building was on fire they started jumpin out of the building injuring and even killing some of them. That is just one of the stupid ridiculous things that these people do. They are morons. Anyways ... I guess they are not all morons they managed to get two JUMBO JETS into NY city air space and land them right in the middle of one of the greatest buildings in New York. But that was right after the time of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." anyhow back on the subject ... sorry bout that ... the people are bombing us out of Najaf and you want us to what if not bomb back send them bibles? Oh then what are we going to do debate about which bible to send them. Some of you people need to wake up. You are not going to live forever start making a difference with your lives if not for you for the world to come. PEACE

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand the gist of that? Anyone out there care to translate?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand the gist of that? Anyone out there care to translate?

Something about carpetbombing Najaf with bibles or something "to make a difference"... ?

I have no idea whatsoever what he is talking about...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

They are morons. Anyways ... I guess they are not all morons they managed to get two JUMBO JETS into NY city air space and land them right in the middle of one of the greatest buildings in New York.

Who the Iraqi's? Has anyone told the media of this breaking news story??

But that was right after the time of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Or to be more precise it was 1 week after Bush received a briefing entitled "AlQaida intend to attack the United States with airplanes".

Still lets carry on getting uptight over a blowjob and ignore such awkwardness eh..

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Something about carpetbombing Najaf with bibles or something "to make a difference"... ?

Actually I think it was with calculators. Or did I read it wrong as well?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
... I forgot they are special.
Is he angry with developmentally disabled people?

Originally posted by bet555Here let me tell you a couple stories about ...
A Couple, as in two?
Did anyone see two stories?

Originally posted by bet555They are morons. Anyways ... I guess they are not all morons
Contradictory statements have a tendency to make the poster look bad. Try the EDIT function next time.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
bet555,

I undertand what you mean but the truth is that what is happening in Iraq is brough to that country by US, the people that caused the death on 9/11 was al-queda and US took revenge when it bomb mercifuless afghanistan, the invation of Iraq was of libaration not decimation.

I will like to know more about your great uncle and the embassy did he came out ok?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Caveman
Actually I think it was with calculators. Or did I read it wrong as well?

I think Texas Instruments also made the 'speak and spell' anybody remember that? Perhaps his uncle should have had one special made for him...."you are incorrect, the correct president to blame is B-U-S-H"

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

I have no idea whatsoever what he is talking about...

Carpetbombing Najaf with bibles to make a difference.. (no offense to the original poster) but that's funny as hell!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Carpetbombing Najaf with bibles to make a difference.. (no offense to the original poster) but that's funny as hell!

People you are so meen, behave your self.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I know I probly came off mean, Marg. I just couldn't help myself.
Hopefully that poster will come back and explain. That would be nice. I truly meant no offense.

Spanking accepted.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
ECK, Yes I have been in combat. I have seen the horrors of what war can do. I've walked down the road of death in Iraq during the first iraqi war, and I have been in several fire fights in central america. Guns and religion do not mix.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Guns and religion do not mix.

Why not? I carried a weapon into combat and I prayed to God at the same time.

I joined the military, thanking God for the honor of allowing me to serve this great land I love. The land He blessed.

I believe in God and I believe in protecting my country with all force necessary.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
Why would someone .......for the world to come. PEACE

...... ........ WHAT!!?!

Ok.. somone needs to get that person his Haldol and remove their internet connection.

OI!! that post hurt my brain.

guns and religion dont mix..
Well by "guns" you mean combat or war.. apparently they do mix because the majority of conflicts between humans involved religion in one way or annother. Sad but true.

And yes several religious leaders are nto happy aobut them holding themselve sup in teh Mosque.. that Cleric is comming back from London to try and pull them out with conflict and is pushing for certain cities to become weapon free. Would be really nice if it works, I am not holding my breath.

Wraith

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join