It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Hell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Somebody out there's awful sensitive. I got a warning for asking a question.

Doesn't this smack of censorship?

Censorship in the private sector is legal. Excessive punishment may be also, but it reflects more on the one who metes out that punishment than on the one punished. Clearly someone has let power corrupt.

By the way, I like to see avatars that not only reflect something related to the real world, but also reflecting some aspect of a person's life.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

freedom of you and your progeny but that it is a burden I willingly bear to help ensure the freedom of you and your progeny. Emotional detachment is a normal part of dealing with trauma. I hope this clarifies the situation.

No, my freedom was earn by my grandfather that die in WWll and by my family members that also had die serving for this country I thing my family has pay over the years the maximum price for my liberty my children and other generations to come.

But thanks for the thought is apreaciated.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by marg6043
You said you have killed, but most of the people I know that have killed the enemy in war are still to this day very trouble about killing another human being even if is in a situation of kill or be killed like war, but you talk about like nothing.

Well, what do you want, a dozen weeping icons. In some post somewhere on this subject I state that I pay a price for my service, but that it is a burden I willingly bear to help ensure the freedom of you and your progeny. Emotional detachment is a normal part of dealing with trauma. I hope this clarifies the situation.
Grady, having gone through the same thing you have, I know what it's like to take the life from someone else. I don't sleep at night and it' get does not get any better, that being said I have lost two sons to the war in Iraq and I am very proud that they followed in the steps of their old man. Their sacrafice will not be forgotten, and I look forward to going back to Iraq and walking down a free Iraq. Just like my grand pa did in Germany after WW II

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Eastcoastkid, every time I read one of your posts I wonder the same thing: what reality do you live in? The coalition has shown unbelievable restraint when it comes to preserving Islamic holy sites but the enemy knows this and takes advantage by shooting at coalitions forces from inside the mosques. Enough is enough. It's time to send a message to those that use their so-called Holy Shrines as fighting positions that they can no longer use them as religious safehouses. Now I'm sure you'll argue that we shouldn't be there in the first place but that is yet another arguement for another time.

Besides, every freaking mosque in Iraq is the 'Holiest' shrine. They seem to become even holier when gunmen use them for sanctuary.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by darth ruin]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls I have lost two sons to the war in Iraq and I am very proud that they followed in the steps of their old man.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can only guess how this must feel, but I'm sure you understand the price of liberty better than anyone. I hope you are taking advantage of the VA.

If it weren't for the VA, I would not have attained the things I have since returning from Vietnam. I only wish it had not taken so long for the VA to recognize PTSD and its effects. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

[edit on 04/8/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No, my freedom was earn by my grandfather that die in WWll and by my family members that also had die serving for this country I thing my family has pay over the years the maximum price for my liberty my children and other generations to come.

Your freedom and that of your progeny has been paid for by every individual who has ever served and who is serving today. Our liberty and its maintenance is a collective endeavor, with each person's sacrifice, no matter how slight or great, blending into the whole. You would do well to appreciate that fact.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott,

I thought you were a veteran of Iraq, but what kind I said it does not matter, my father lost a brother in Korea they both served together and then a younger brother die in Vietnam, I said I am proud of the military Gradyphilpott I may not served in the military but I grow up in it I married one and I served as a military wife so I did my duty.

My only problem is not the military or our troops is never has been an issue, the issue is how our administration is handled our people and the reasons for them to be in Iraq.

For the beginning I said that our troops did the job they were expected to do and that was to take Sadam and a good job they did, now the problem is how a liberation turn in a desperation of this administration to stay in Iraq and risk our troops and civilians in that country and not matter the excuses to be there it is over and time to retreat.

Enough soldiers has die all ready.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

now the problem is how a liberation turn in a desperation of this administration to stay in Iraq and risk our troops and civilians in that country and not matter the excuses to be there it is over and time to retreat.

I think your view is shortsighted, as we owe the Iraqis an honest chance to develop their democratic government. Even John Kerry believes that this is the best course of action. But of course, he would have done a better job, if he had been President.

Anyway, we all owe our freedom to the likes of your family. We are fortunate to have had men such as them.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott,

Thanks for that, you just won a place in my good people list.

But that does not mean I am going to agree with you all the time

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

GradyPhilpott,

Thanks for that, you just won a place in my good people list.

But that does not mean I am going to agree with you all the time
Of course not!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darth ruin
Eastcoastkid, every time I read one of your posts I wonder the same thing: what reality do you live in? The coalition has shown unbelievable restraint when it comes to preserving Islamic holy sites but the enemy knows this and takes advantage by shooting at coalitions forces from inside the mosques. Enough is enough. It's time to send a message to those that use their so-called Holy Shrines as fighting positions that they can no longer use them as religious safehouses. Now I'm sure you'll argue that we shouldn't be there in the first place but that is yet another arguement for another time.

Besides, every freaking mosque in Iraq is the 'Holiest' shrine. They seem to become even holier when gunmen use them for sanctuary.

Here I go with my annalogies again.

So if you and I are in a Meele combat situation against one annother and I pull back into a grove of thick woods with a single entrance. You notice that at the entrance I have placed a wide deep spiked pit that you can not go arround. Now, just to really get you pissed, every now and then I poke my head arround the corner and pummel your troops with Rocks occasionaly tagging one in the head and killing him. Are you going to rush in after me and slaughter me to a man?

For those of you too slow to figure it out... it's called a trap.

And for those of you even slower, yes we could go in guns blazing and wipe them out. Ohh look we just created an entire religious organization that wants our heads.

Darth.. I would love to play you in chess

Grady, you said you like avitars that make a sttement bout the world as well as the person. How you like mine? I think it bout summs it up.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by darth ruin

This is so much a part of the problem. We in the west are so flippant and disrespectful of those in other lands and what THEY hold dear. The mosques in question are held sacred to the people there and to those in other countries as well. We would be much better served to consider that.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

By the way, I like to see avatars that not only reflect something related to the real world, but also reflecting some aspect of a person's life.

Nice avatar, Grady.
You a Marine or Navy?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
EastCoastKid, I though your were a Marine, he is and that is the MarineCorps symbol

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What it all boils down to is that we need to support our troops no matter what. I do not like Kerry, but I do like Americans. I will fight to the death for Kerry and all who are Americans. I believe that all have a right to express thier own opinion. I appreciate all views, even though some think i am a neo-con, which I am not.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

EastCoastKid, I though your were a Marine, he is and that is the MarineCorps symbol

speaking of avitars.. is that supposed to be Clara Bow, or Marelene Dietrich?

Wraith

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Nah Marg, I hate to disappoint thee.
US Army Airborne. Hoowah!

I was wondering because Marines fall under the Dept. of Navy.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
What it all boils down to is that we need to support our troops no matter what.

Please don't ever misunderestimate me.
The reason I am so passionate is because I do support the troops. 1000% When I am discussing and writing on foreign policy and how we should use our forces, our men and women in uniform and the price they will bear plays a big part. We must always balance our interests with how best to use them. As a veteran I feel its my duty to speak up for those currently serving, as they cannot voice their opinions. The Vietnam vets who came before my generation taught me that during and after the Gulf War. I was profoundly moved by their efforts on our behalf and I vowed, in honor of them, to do the same for those who came after me.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Nah Marg, I hate to disappoint thee.
US Army Airborne. Hoowah!

I was wondering because Marines fall under the Dept. of Navy.

that is a sore topic for marines.

wraith30

I love to change with my mood,

I dont know who she is.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here's the latest. Confusion reigns.

This is from Al Jazeera. I'm not saying what they're saying is the gospel, mind you; but, we must know what all sides are saying. Especially in light of the fact that the US/Iraqi police have threatened journalists and tried to run them off. That should be a major red flag.

Confusion persists over Imam Ali mosque
Friday 20 August 2004, 21:34 Makka Time, 18:34 GMT

Moments after a spokesman for Grand Ayat Allah Ali al-Sistani claimed Shia religious authorities were handed control of the shrine, another London-based al-Sistani aide denied the report.

Confusion reigns in Najaf as intermittent reports offer conflicting reports of who is in charge of the Imam Ali mosque.

AFP reported than an al-Sistani spokesman had clarified that the keys to the mosque were delivered to the leading Shia cleric's office in Najaf.

However, in an interview with Aljazeera, al-Sistani aide Hamid al-Khafaf said no keys had yet been delivered.
english.aljazeera.net...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join