It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Hell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Marg, okay, I can honest safely say that I found most arabs to be friendly, and I was also involved in fire fights. Where outside of the states were you born? I am trying to fiqure you out. You seem to be very concerned about the value of life. Just Curious what is your stance on Abortion? not trying to start a war, just want to know where you stand.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
You're right marg. And it's tragic. There's no way to win this thing. It has simply devolved into Vietnam II. It's like they say, we will win battles, but we will lose the war. It's past time to take a wholly different approach to this whole chaotic mess. We're flushing our blood and treasure straight down the toilet.

There is a way to win the thing, it basically depends on how it's approached.

The majority of Iraqis want a peaceful country where they can be free. The insurgents are a minority.

What are the reasons that insurgents want the US out? They are convinced that they are being ripped off by the US and they don't see a better way than to fight.

If we can make the place peaceful where people have opportunity and feel free, we will remove the motivation to fight back.

It all depends on how it's done. With 135,000 troops in-country and doing so little to rebuild and stabilize the country we are facing an impossible task.

Just like in 'Nam, no US President would 'lose face,' I fear we're doing the same thing with Iraq and the US election. Hopefully once this election craze passes, whoever is in charge can call upon the UN, make some apologies abroad, present the case for international involvement in Iraq, and get more troops and money to the country. That's the only way we're going to have a good end to the situation.

I'm gonna lay $20 on the line when I say that as soon as Najaf calms down, the insurgents will open up another front in another city. They need to tie up the US while they keep popping oil lines. lol. This pattern will be repeated.

Whoever wins the election is going to have to bite the bullet in apologizing to the world but what's worse, losing another war with all the tragedy involved or having the nuts to say you made a mistake.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
jrsdls,

Thanks for you concern and yes I believe that people in other countries even if they do not agree with US policies should be respected. I am Puerto Rican. Iraq invation was wrong and most people agree with that.

And for my views on abortion that does not have nothing to do with this thread but as a women with a daughter I believe a womens decicions about her body is a womens choice not politicians, religious groups or anybody else, is an individual women choice and if a men is present then is both of them.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Excellent analysis Taibunsuu. I think that if Kerry is elected he will do exactly what you said. I especially agree with the mending of alliances aspect.

You better watch out, jrsdls! I betcha Marg can be a fiery one!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
EastCoastKid,

I will behave, I wonder why he is so interested in my abortion views!

It has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
EastCoastKid,

I will behave, I wonder why he is so interested in my abortion views!

It has nothing to do with the topic.

Marg, you're so nice to all, and so calm, I didn't realize you were Puerto Rican.
The one I knew [well
] back in my Army days was quite the feisty one.

On the abortion question... I have no idea. Good answer, tho. I agree w/you.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by sniper068
This is laughable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant figure out myself what has taken so long. We need to wipe out sadr and if they chose to hold up in a holy " shrine" well then it is going to get wiped out too.

LESSON OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It most be very easy for you to dictate how people should live or die in other countries. Right?

Specially when this people in other countries are actually in their countries of birth.

Hummmm I guess your are just making fun Right?

Making fun, Hardly!! Sadr and his goons are in the mosque because they know its the only building that is safe. No other reason!! They are conducting operations against American forces from within. They know what is at stake because they put themselves in that sitaution. They made there own choice, if they die it will be there choice also. This is not a concept that should be that difficult to grasp, really!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
sniper068,

Sadr is not longer in that mosque he has not been in that mosque for quite a while he is somewhere else getting strong again and getting more followers to back his cause, after all he is defending his country, no invading it, that was US job.

Did you read the link EastCoastKid post I mean the last link about the reporters that stay inside the mosque to covert the real news.

Just like anything in Iraq is just people defending their city and religious site.

But because they are against the poppet government US put in their country they are tag as terrorist by US.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What would you do if - and follow me, this is HYPOTHETICAL - China and or Russia invaded the USA?

I would go underground and fight like hell, and do anything necessary to drive the invaders out. I would even take refuge in our nation's churches/synogogues/mosques if it came down to it. But then again, it's a safe bet China and Russia would just blow the buildings up anyway.

I have a feeling you and I would be fighting to the death side by side.

This is what the Iraqis are doing. It's nothing new. They've never allowed their country/region to be occupied. That's a little tidbit of history that's been conveniently swept under the rug.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well it seems that the fighting is moving to other cities now, I hear in the news that while Najah has calm down, is more fighting is erupting in other cities friendly to Sadr cause including Baghdad.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What would you do if - and follow me, this is HYPOTHETICAL - China and or Russia invaded the USA?

I would go underground and fight like hell, and do anything necessary to drive the invaders out. I would even take refuge in our nation's churches/synogogues/mosques if it came down to it. But then again, it's a safe bet China and Russia would just blow the buildings up anyway.

I have a feeling you and I would be fighting to the death side by side.

Even hypotheticals aren't that simple. Let's rearrange the scenario -- let's say a sitting President killed off the members of Congress & the Supreme Court, declared himself dictator, and then spent the next 30 years killing over a million Americans to keep himeself/herself in power. Now, let's say that, after 30 years, the U.K. sends troops in to oust this rouge American dictator and establish a new government for the people. Would you still fight to the death against the invading army, or welcome it?

Also, let's say that the U.K. successfully ousts this rogue American dictator. Now, whether or not we fight against the British would, to me, depend on what the British did once the rogue American dictator and his/her government are gone. The U.K. will still be fighting once the rouge American dictator is gone -- there will be cronies of the dictator fighting the British in the large cities, and some of the more nutty militarized camps of people (like the KKK, for example) who would also put up a fight against the British in the countryside. Let's also say that the British are showing a real effort to start a new government for the U.S. Who are the bad guys then?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That's not the question I asked. Hypothetical questions are just that. This is a set of events. Russia invades from the South with help from their latin American friends China from the west coast. Let's say it's about oil. Anyone remember the movie "Red Dawn?" We were invaded by the Russians.

The bottom line is this: if America were invaded what would you do?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Anyone remember the movie "Red Dawn?" We were invaded by the Russians.

Very good movie
One of the best war movies to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Marg, The reason why I ask about the abortion issue is that you seem to take the santity of life very seriously, especially when it comes to the Iraqi civilians. I just wanted to know if you took the same santity of life when it comes to babies. Not wanting to start a war, I just find it Ironic that you will vote for a man who believes that life begins at conception, yet believes it okay to take that life without anyone questioning it. What an outrage.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If it doesnt know life, you cant take life.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

That's not the question I asked. Hypothetical questions are just that. This is a set of events. Russia invades from the South with help from their latin American friends China from the west coast. Let's say it's about oil. Anyone remember the movie "Red Dawn?" We were invaded by the Russians.

The bottom line is this: if America were invaded what would you do?

Actually, you should have ALSO added to your scenario that the troops who come in are of a religion that thinks your religion is wrong (and some of them think that every one needs to be converted to THEIR religion)... and immediately after the conquest happens that missionaries and workers of this foreign religion come into your country in swarms, to try and change your culture to theirs and convert your country to their religion... with the possible plan of eventually getting rid of standard American Christianity.

Because, as Marg points out, there's also a religious and cultural aspect to this.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Excellent point, Byrd. Thanks for pointing that out. If that happened, imagine the outrage!

I'm still waiting to hear the answer to that question.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Then why is John Peterson being charged with a double homicide?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Then why is John Peterson being charged with a double homicide?

Because the system is wrong. People in charge are wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just find the hypocracy of "it's a life if we want it to be, but not when I want it to be" very disturbing. I am not advocating ending abortions, I just find it interesting that we want to hate Peterson for taking the life of his unborn son, but we protect a doctor who would do the same thing. We are so worried about all the Iraqi children, but we could care less an unborn baby, because it does not have rights. Only the rights of the mother is concernd. I find it hard to believe that someone who claims that life begins at conception, to condone and promote the murder of life, even if it's un-born. To me, this just shows why Kerry is only concerned about himself and making himself look good.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join