It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Hell

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
People are going to die regardeless. The only thing we are given for sure is death. You should be happy they are gone. Thay are not stuck in aplace where anything can happen.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sorry for going off topic, I just saw people were being more concerned about the civilians in Iraq and wanted to know why people were okay with saving Iraqi children but not the un-born in America. Sorry guys, I apologize for my own little thought process.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Sorry for going off topic, I just saw people were being more concerned about the civilians in Iraq and wanted to know why people were okay with saving Iraqi children but not the un-born in America. Sorry guys, I apologize for my own little thought process.

I never asked them to go to Iraq, I dont think anyone here did.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Marg, The reason why I ask about the abortion issue is that you seem to take the santity of life very seriously, especially when it comes to the Iraqi civilians. I just wanted to know if you took the same santity of life when it comes to babies. Not wanting to start a war, I just find it Ironic that you will vote for a man who believes that life begins at conception, yet believes it okay to take that life without anyone questioning it. What an outrage.

Regarless of what he belief or not politics should stay away from women uterus.

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when did this thread turn into abortion issue?

Sorry about that ECK.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

To me, this just shows why Kerry is only concerned about himself and making himself look good.

Kerry has said he is personally opposed to abortion; but that he supports Roe v. Wade.

Getting back to the subject, JRSDLS, what would you do if America was invaded by the Godless Russians and/or Chinese, who were adament on stomping out any vestige of our Christian religion?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
EastCoastKid is hard to make some people understand that US is not the only country in the world friendly and Christian and that anybody else that is not, is the enemy and that, is right to decimate and destroy them.

It is sad how the mentality of politicians can influence the minds of their followers is like religion you will follow blindly your religious leaders even to death and history has plenty of tales from the dark to tell about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Some say it already has, with the advent of the liberal media and the ultra left. I do not want to turn this into a religious thing, just found the hypocracy of Kerry's stance, and that of a lot of people on this thread amusing. It's why my Arab friends say America is arroagant and selfish. We want to claim a view then demand that everyone else follow that right, to the exclusion of thier own view.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's really sad. I think it's indicative of two things: People who go to public schools here are pro-government/media brainwashed from the get-go and let's face it, nobody wants to believe their government is guilty of committing evil/criminal acts against its citizens. Lemmings live with their heads 3 ft. underground. I guess denial is their favorite state.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
EastCoastKid is hard to make some people understand that US is not the only country in the world friendly and Christian and that anybody else that is not, is the enemy and that, is right to decimate and destroy them.

It is sad how the mentality of politicians can influence the minds of their followers is like religion you will follow blindly your religious leaders even to death and history has plenty of tales from the dark to tell about it.

Why do you assume the I would follow a religious leader? I am not religious at all, I find it funny that because I disagree with you, you assume that I am an Ignorant person who blindly follows some one else. Maybe you should stop following blindly the Democrats. You should use your mind and don't follow everything that the Dems put out. You claim to love America, but yet you hate Americans, You claim to be liberal, yet you are not liberal with your thought process. You want it your way and no one else can have a say.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
jrsdls,

I said some people I did not refer to you as by name, now you calling me anti American and American hater? You know I am too old for that so get the guilty trip on somebody else it just amuses Me.

You need to go back and read in the history books how much evil has been done when following leaders blindly and for me and voting whatever, well the last time I check the patriot act has not taking my right to vote for whomever I fill like it in this coming elections, and if Kerry wins and he does a bad job I still have the right to vote him out also the next time.

I have an open affiliation and I don�t own anything to any political party, see I don�t led political leaders influence my decisions or groups or organizations I vote after seen what is going on and making my own analysis. It is call freedom of choice.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's really sad. I think it's indicative of two things: People who go to public schools here are pro-government/media brainwashed from the get-go and let's face it, nobody wants to believe their government is guilty of committing evil/criminal acts against its citizens. Lemmings live with their heads 3 ft. underground. I guess denial is their favorite state.

Who said I went to a public school? I went to the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Who said I did not believe the government was capable of committing criminal acts. Some say the government was duplicit in the assassination of JFK. I just happen to take a different view from you. Please don't assume that I don't think.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Marg, I did not mean to insinuate that you were un American, Actually that's a quote from "The American President" one of my favorite movies about a widowed democratic president being attacked by the GOP because he has a girl-friend. I just like it because it shows that most people are full of contradictions, please don't think that I think bad about you, because I don't I think that you offer a good point of view, I just like to see what makes people think. The only way to do that is find out what thier really believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I went to private school also; as well as public school. I call it like I see it. Proof of what I said abounds.

So you still havn't answered the question posed,

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THE USA CAME UNDER ATTACK?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

To me, this just shows why Kerry is only concerned about himself and making himself look good.

Kerry has said he is personally opposed to abortion; but that he supports Roe v. Wade.

Getting back to the subject, JRSDLS, what would you do if America was invaded by the Godless Russians and/or Chinese, who were adament on stomping out any vestige of our Christian religion?

ECK, gotta be carefull there with the "Godless" comments. Personaly I am not Christian so if we were invaded by annother country their interest in stamping out the Christian establisment would not be a factor. More a factor that their attempts to destroy anyones belief is simply inherantly wrong and that they are in my country uninvited killing off people in my country.

Now granted as I have said before.. I am rather callous and care little for people that I do not know in a day to day basis. Though I think the lable of Callous is not accurate as I believe that most people are not overly concerned with the daily deaths that happen arround them and only focus on the "Tragedy" of it all when it suits their arguments. Case in point a good deal of people are vicioulsy opposed to abortion but at the same time pro-death penalty. I don't believe that they truely care about those who die beond pushing their agendas. Death is enevitable, people only mourn their own loss.

If I am to be honest I must say that the defence of my country is the defence of my own family and my own beliefs.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was basically speaking of the fact that the RUssian government and Chinese government have no love for religion. Therefore, it follows that they would go wickedly after all who profess any kind of faith in God. That's all.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
ECK, as I have stated on numerous times, I would fight. not because of beliefs but because my country was attacked. just like 9-11, you seem to forget that we were attacked. I have fought in Iraq, I know what is going on there. Have you? I have bleed on Iraqi soil, I have laid to rest children who followed thier old man into harms way.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

ECK, as I have stated on numerous times, I would fight.

Exactly. You would fight. Just like many Iraqis. You see, that does not make them terrorists as they have been roundly portrayed. They are actually no different than you and I.

just like 9-11, you seem to forget that we were attacked.

We were not attacked by Iraq. They had NOTHING to do with 9-11. It's past time for folks to let go of that fallacy.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just when one hotspot cools, more flare up. The people of Iraq have just about had it with us. I seriously doubt there is anything in the world we can do at this point to make things right with them.

The Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Najaf calm, but Baghdad flares anew
By Todd Pitman
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published August 29, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAGHDAD -- Shi'ite militants and U.S. forces battled yesterday in Baghdad's Sadr City slum and a mortar barrage slammed into a busy eastern neighborhood in a new round of violence in the capital that left five persons dead and dozens wounded, officials said.
The violence contrasted with calm in the holy city of Najaf, where residents cleaned up broken glass and rubble and returned to their wrecked offices and shops after three weeks of devastating clashes between Shi'ite fighters and U.S. troops.
Elsewhere, U.S. warplanes bombed suspected militant hide-outs in Fallujah, west of Baghdad, and rebels blew up an oil pipeline in southern Iraq.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Civilians wounded in Mosul clashes
Sunday 29 August 2004, 17:50 Makka Time, 14:50 GMT

Thirty-five civilians have been wounded in the crossfire of a fierce gun battle between Iraqi resistance fighters and US occupation soldiers in northern Iraq, police on the scene say.

The US military said it killed two Iraqi fighters in the clashes which took place early on Sunday around Tal Afar near the city of Mosul.
english.aljazeera.net...

Saboteurs Blow Up Oil Pipeline in Iraq

By ABBAS FAYADH
Associated Press Writer
Saboteurs blew up a pipeline in southern Iraq on Sunday in the latest attack targeting the country's crucial oil industry, a senior oil official said.

The explosion occurred in al-Radgha, about 30 miles southwest of Basra, an official at the state-run South Oil Co. said on condition of anonymity.
www.gadsdentimes.com.../20040829/API/408290616&cachetime=5

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Aelita
This is from Juan Cole's web site

Thanks for the URL.

Back to THE topic-

WE (U.S.) don't get it. WE never learn. We are doomed to repeat the mistakes of history over and over again.

Anyone ever read or hear about The Alamo? How about Ruby Ridge or Waco? or Bastogne!!!?

Stalingrad, Iwo Jima, Pusan, Guadalcanal, Roarke's Drift - - -

The list is long and seemingly endless.

Don't attack people that are holed up! What is wrong with securing the perimeter, cutting the water and electricity and starving them out?

Aleta (Romans), Massada (Romans), Bagdad (Tamerlane), Jerusalem (Romans, Crusaders, Moslems), Tyre (Greeks), Troy!

This list is long also. The winners ALWAYS had something we lack- patience.

The shrine or the city- circle as the Romans did. I realize the Romans didn't have computers or tanks or 'copters or - - - but they did win.

Is there a conspiracy of Head -in-a - - in the U.S. military? It seems to stick its head into dark holes only to be covered in sh -- when it pulls out.

Cut 'em off, starve 'em out!

[edit on 30/8/2004 by PublicGadfly]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
jrsdls,

I understand and I knew you did not mean it, so I am ok, we all know that we are proud Americans and that we all want what is best for our nation.

I enjoy your views and post.

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join