It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well, I haven't been on ATS long, but I can already see how the moderators lay out the rules around here. You are allowed to commit multiple violations in a thread, and then return to the same thread and troll it again.

The original poster made no claims that these were alien craft - simply that they had unexplained orbiting companions. Of course there will be people who say they are aliens - that's what makes ATS so fun! Everybody is going to have an opinion, and some will be on the fringe. Who cares? What's so amazing to me is that it bothers you so much AzazeI. How small-minded do you have to be to let a fringe theory stir you into a rage?

I don't usually respond to obvious trolling, but you have made a concerted effort to ruin this thread, and what's more puzzling to me is that the moderators stand by and allow it to happen.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
There are no other objects. What there are artifacts from the processing of the images and hot pixels.

Here is the most recent image:

edit on 8/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Prove it phage.

link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Don't know if someone has posted it but there is this thread about the Chinese stating that behind Elenin comes a cluster or an alien spaceship.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting image.

edit on 8-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)
What about this image ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

What are you talking about? i'm helping present evidence that shows that this is clearly nothing more but a hoax, especially the video which was posted by THE OP, where exactly did I say the OP Claimed there was an alien ship behind elenin? I said some of the members who were posting in the thread were claiming that, you're obviously trying to get me banned because I was right all along from the get go, ruined? its the number 1 thread on ATS as we speak

This is the first time I play skeptic and is actually right.
The moderators have warned me and given me strikes for my earlier actions, im only presenting evidence now to put this in the HOAX section where it truly belongs
edit on 9-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dron020

those are star trails. "stacking" was used to image the comet.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

What hoax? It's already been established that the companions were asteroids earlier in the thread. How is that a hoax? We don't need 10 posts from you saying they aren't aliens and then ridiculing people. We get it!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gunroshin

Prove what?
It's been shown that the objects are cataloged asteroids.

edit on 8/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI(AKA Agent Smith)
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Obviously, let me see if I can find the post

What is the new photo of Elenin that you have?
Is it this one?

Agent Smith?
edit on 9-8-2011 by Violater1 because: Agent Smith?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AzazeI

What are you talking about? i'm helping present evidence that shows that this is clearly nothing more but a hoax
To be honest a lot of your posts have been rather inflammatory and emotionally heated. You are only presenting this evidence because I directly requested you to do so. With your amount of posts I think you should show a bit more respect and take it down a notch. But thanks for your help, for now my opinion is asteroids.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Violater1

That's helpful.

Ok. Not hot pixels. Asteroids

Ok, now we can start worrying. Thanks brother Phage, your capacity to correct yourself in public is greater than your vast knowledge.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wow once again another thread wasted on know it alls and people who cant accept facts.
Phage and others have laid out info that in my opinion is good enough to prove these "objects" aren't, aliens, planets, death comets, etc etc..
edit on 9-8-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Between August 1st and August 12th of 2011,[12] NASA is repeatedly rolling the STEREO-B spacecraft to view the forward scattering of light as the spacecraft, comet, and Sun align.[13] SOHO will also study the forward scattering of light in late September.

From Wikipedia page on the comet. Is that image from August 1 the only image that came out ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dron020

i'm pretty sure there is more my dear friend, google works wonders

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by Phage

Phage! I knew there had to be an explanation!

A wimpy one! Too many artefacts these days, too often, Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dron020

More animations (through 8/6) from STEREO B are available here.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

Beginning August 1st 2011, we started to roll the STEREO-B spacecraft for two hours per day to observe Elenin. We were unable to maintain this roll angle (~135-deg) because it negatively impacts the science return from all the other instruments on STEREO which rely on the 0-degree roll angle. Why did we even have to roll at all? Here's a good analogy: If you look through a cardboard tube, you can easily see a crowd of people 30ft away while missing a person standing 12-inches to your right. That was STEREO's problem -- the comet was so close, we would actually miss it at our nominal roll angle! So we are rolling the spacecraft and are observing it... successfully!

On the left is the first set of images taken of the comet on August 1st, 2011 (click the image for a bigger animation). You can easily see the comet moving against the background star field on the center-right of the images. (Sirius is the big bright star that is 'bleeding' down towards it, and M42 and the constellation Orion can be seen on the left.) This small fuzzy ball is what all the fuss has been about. It's clearly not a "second Sun", or a brown dwarf, or giant super-comet, alien spacecraft, or any other such fanciful object. It's just an ordinary little comet. It doesn't even have much of a tail visible -- just a nice central nucleus and classic diffuse coma. It is somewhat reminiscent of Comet Holmes from a few years back, but is substantially smaller than that object.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ok, i read the whole thread (yeah tell me about it) and I guess it's pretty obvious now that these objects are registered asteroids. Nonetheless the op's intention for this thread was legit. There was a question (at least for the majority here) and it's got answered...

Only thing that sticks out is this azazel kid... you write a lot in CAPITAL LETTERS... Is your typewriter broken or is it just an inferiority complex? Pls lay down on my couch, I just get a pen and my notebook and we'll talk about it...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

reply to post by Violater1

That's helpful.

Ok. Not hot pixels. Asteroids

Ok, now we can start worrying. Thanks brother Phage, your capacity to correct yourself in public is greater than your vast knowledge.

Ahem, he didn´t have that much choice did he?

He was claiming that they were hot pixels as a fact.

I don´t know much about these subjects, but I knew that was BS as soon as I read it.

People are such groupies, judging by the amount of stars that post got.
edit on 9-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dron020
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

Beginning August 1st 2011, we started to roll the STEREO-B spacecraft for two hours per day to observe Elenin. We were unable to maintain this roll angle (~135-deg) because it negatively impacts the science return from all the other instruments on STEREO which rely on the 0-degree roll angle. Why did we even have to roll at all? Here's a good analogy: If you look through a cardboard tube, you can easily see a crowd of people 30ft away while missing a person standing 12-inches to your right. That was STEREO's problem -- the comet was so close, we would actually miss it at our nominal roll angle! So we are rolling the spacecraft and are observing it... successfully!

On the left is the first set of images taken of the comet on August 1st, 2011 (click the image for a bigger animation). You can easily see the comet moving against the background star field on the center-right of the images. (Sirius is the big bright star that is 'bleeding' down towards it, and M42 and the constellation Orion can be seen on the left.) This small fuzzy ball is what all the fuss has been about. It's clearly not a "second Sun", or a brown dwarf, or giant super-comet, alien spacecraft, or any other such fanciful object. It's just an ordinary little comet. It doesn't even have much of a tail visible -- just a nice central nucleus and classic diffuse coma. It is somewhat reminiscent of Comet Holmes from a few years back, but is substantially smaller than that object.

Interesting to know that they made this roll over maneuver to observe such an insignificant comet.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join