It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Americans, specifically Oregon: there is military movement, or what seems to be

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Another train... later date.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Lol it kinda looks like the labels that you see state troopers put on broke down cars on the side of highways

On a more serious note, Oregon has a huge shiping port, correct? This seems to me as others have stated some type of normal equipment shipping, the labels could be tere destination.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I downloaded the video 1080p version. Took some images off of it and enlarged it so we can see the red marks better. It seems like their is a whitish mark inside the red mark on the vehicles. Maybe they are just tracking devices either GPS or maybe they are numbered to keep them organized. Well here is the images:

1080p Screenshot Enhanced in Photoshop:

Zoom Magnification on Red Dots:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I'm really curios about the red emblems on the door. I couldn't tell what it was, did anyone else pick up on it?

Its probably nothing buy who knows.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0deeb8aa1591.jpg[/atsimg]

sorry a bit of apocalyptic humour there

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

Thanks for your reply. While military standards are rigid, there are much more pressing issues than putting labels on according to strict and absurd rules.

On my plane, we had so many measurements to calculate with weight, balance, and just so many other very important considerations, nobody gave a damn about labels. If need be, they would be peeled off and placed somewhere with better visibility but on the whole, it's pretty much the bottom on the list of priorities.

If there's anything odd about this video, it's that the labels were placed so well

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you look at all the vehicales on the train they are all the type of vehicales you would need during a disater, some to move people around, some to police and some for medical needs, im sure that that is not the case but ya gotta wonder.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Any possibility that the markings are Canadian markings?

I came across this:

Last July, Defence Minister Peter MacKay announced the Canadian government would spend 5 billion Canadian dollars on the Close Combat Vehicle (CCV) program, the Force Mobility Enhancement program and tactical armored patrol vehicles.
He also said that the price included an estimated 1 billion Canadian dollars to upgrade the current fleet of light armored vehicles, known as LAV-3s.
Extensive use and the rough Afghanistan terrain have taken their toll on the LAV-3 fleet, he said.

The government has already selected General Dynamics Land Systems Canada, the builder of the LAV-3, as the prime contractor and systems integrator for the upgrade. The project will upgrade 550 vehicles with an option for an additional 80.

Link

General Dynamics Land Systems is headquartered in Michigan,
so maybe this was the easiest route to transport?

I'm not certain about this, just a theory.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hello folks - I live in Charleston, SC / Military Every where / I see it every day - this is just for shipping and nothing more - The tags are simply well tags for destination - THATS IT!

They also use those labels for wrapped cargo and generators - I see them driving around from outfitting stations on the roads and on the interstate every single day!

I will get some pictures some time, # I mean the guys stop and eat at restaurants in the vehicles all the time -

I love you paranoid freaks -

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I seen another video through a CNN link that the majority of the convoy was Strikers and Howitzers, RUN RUN RUN the Aliens are coming!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm telling you, all I could think about was "WOLVERINES!" when looking at this video! Take a look at the vehicles used in the remake of Red Dawn:

i381.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

-_-
edit on 3-8-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

i doubt it has hundreads of miilitary vehicles.. never seen a train with military vehicles? its quiet common in oregon i think seen a few when i lived there

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Pretty sure those symbols on them were one of two things...

- American Flag
- Red Cross

Still interesting though..
edit on 3-8-2011 by Staxxem because: added 'pretty sure' cause im not posi

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You know that troops deploy to training grounds around the nation regularly, right? Equipment is moved for upkeep, redeployments, etc. Seeing a train or plane or convoy is not indicative of a plot...

As a side note, no one is going to crush 300 million Americans with 20,000 troops...

Have a little faith in the American spirit. The government might have lost it's loyalty to our values, but many millions of Americans will stand by the principles that make our nation a Great Nation.

If the failures in government think they will commit treason and just shoot their way to safety, they are badly mistaken.

Remember too that they very values that our soldiers fight for (regardless of our governments motivations) are antithetical to the policy of using force to oppress ones own citizens.

If the US military was ordered to engage it's own citizens there would massive internal divisions and the reactions of the leadership would be unpredictable. Such policy would lead to states seceding and militias activating.. Civil war.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

oh yah silly me, I posted before I read that the colors were inverse. Way to gripe about something that's not a big deal.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok, as soon as I seen the pictures, I went straight to reply. They are exercises. That's it! I see one of these about twice a month here in my town, and it has been that way all of my life.

I'm sure it's the same way over there as well. Just someone finally decided to video tape it then it ends up here with tons of false information and assumptions.

Also wanted to add, that sometimes I catch convoys going down the road every once in awhile, but just like the trains, it's simply an exercise.
edit on 8/3/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wow!

This thread is making me want to go to my neighbors property and take a pic of his "No Trespassing" sign from a distance and declare it a "Federal Protection Zone".

Give me a break people.....read the entire thread before you post. Remember, it's ok to ask questions, but it's better to stay silent and let people think your stupid rather than opening your mouth and proving them right.

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

The red Emblem could be a red version of I Corps stationed at Ft. Lewis or the 16th Engineer Brig. Could be but its hard to tell with a shaky pic

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe they're preparing for Yellowstone to erupt along with the chain of events that will follow? Either way this cannot be good. I've had a huge feeling in my gut for about a year that something huge is coming. This along with all the other red flags popping up everywhere is telling me it's time to stock up on ammunition and other supplies.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Either way?

You only presented one scenario.

You're just throwing out nonsense and hoping it sticks to something.

Your "feeling" is not reliable at all. You should have come to this conclusion after a year of having it.

This video has been thoroughly analyzed and it's nothing. Not to mention this video is weeks old.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nothing new here. It happens all the time..I've seen hundreds of Abrams tanks and other vehicles crossing the Heuy P. Long bridge here in New Orelans...A nothing event....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join