It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Americans, specifically Oregon: there is military movement, or what seems to be

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm not going to begin to speculate on where this rail is going to, or whence it came, however the orange/red looking things on all of them are most likely this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc708ed89272.jpg[/atsimg]

As a couple folk have already said, shipment information. These self-adhesive plastic envelopes contain the routine paperwork associated with shipping equipment.
edit on 3-8-2011 by blood0fheroes because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This thread has caused me to come back from a self imposed ATS exile. (I have a crap load of work on my shoulders)

The red flags on the sides of the vehicles are as posted earlier, shipping labels with documents enclosed.

The little white squares are bar code stickers.

The vehicles are more than likely from a Transportation Battalion or Brigade. All I saw were HUMMV’s, FMTV’s and HEMMET’s. A couple still had the old Haji armor on them as well. So I would take a educated guess and tell you that they are on the way to the National Training Center in California or on their way to a Depot to be refurbished.

Nothing to worry about.

However, if you start seeing Stykers and Bradleys in or near poverty stricken neighborhoods, then you need to bug out.

Some people are just natual 'Fraidy cats.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I don't think that this person is an actual reporter. It looks like some guy who pulled an article from the intelhub.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

It's the exact same story as posted from a link on page 1...yes the intelhub, the link is right there on the top of the cnn ireport page as well

theintelhub.com...

for those that don't know, a CNN iReport is something sent in by viewers not an official "news" story
edit on 3-8-2011 by megabogie because: forgot something

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by buskey

Originally posted by BrianC
Train + military = FEMA camps
Train + military + strange red symbols = Mega Nazi FEMA death camps. With robots.

& Ninjas. Maybe CHUDS too. I'm scared

Ya forgot to add Land Sharks with Lazers on their heads.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

i think thats what we call the forces we train our troops with red star or red flag not sure wich one but could just be brining in new targets/equipment for exersises gotta train against something ya know?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Looks like near Redmond/Madras/Bend, OR near the Deschutes River and Warm Springs Indian Res.

This doesn't make me have happy feelings, as I live in Portland, OR

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Well, if it wasn't for the suspension of Posse Comitatus you would be totally correct and we would all go back to sleep. However, even here in so called liberal Washington State, I know they are using Reservists for police duties. Was told this personally by a reservist directly involved two weeks ago.

So save the lullaby's right now we think it is probably smart to pay attention.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Anyone notice the color of the vehicles? Green.

They were NOT coming back from foreign battle fields to be refurbished, and I doubt that they were on their way there either as "new" vehicles are painted with desert cammo when they roll off the assembly line.

I'm not saying what it is, I'm just saying what it ain't.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oregon and Washington have vast networks of remote highways that snake along the mountain ridges in the coast range. They are usually found at the end of several miles of washboard logging road and have no paved access to them. Of note is many of my neighbors and i have seen groups of 50+ vehicles (hummers mostly with some semi-trucks and possibly electronic or comm vehicles with dishes and antenae ) on rare occasions using these roads they always have several hummers with 50ś and live ammo belts with them that are manned when we passed on the road. Friendly wave with one hand and the other on the gun. I have seen this 2x in 20+ yrs of roaming back roads. some others more often. Of further note is the roads are all marked in kilometers not miles and of further note one of these roads near my former farm had this sign.
Nuclear Free Zone and under in smaller letters Benton County Oregon. This is in the 5rivers area east of Alsea bay heading north tword deadwood.
The oregon coast near Heceta head is also very active with military ships and aircraft lately.
I attribute much of this to being part of the PNW test grounds that was recently made official but has been active for years. Here where I live near Coos Bay there is a naval air station with a vast underground network of tunnels and a speculated sub base. The tunnel system is accessable from several tunnel/caves but all either have a side tunnel that has a blast door or they are terminated by fill.
The train of vehicles is only remarkable for the blurry insignia not itś presence.
seed

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I live right in that area and all of that looks like the Guard up here with mainly older support vehicles. I talked them at a race where they brought out their vehicles and I asked them about some of the more modern ones in service, and they told me "they don't get the new stuff" so what you see is a lot of older support vehicles that is not used in Afghanistan or Iraq anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Go back and look again. Many of the vehicles have tan doors with green bodies or a green front with a tan body. All of the vehicles looked used and abused to me. How many railheads have you done recently?

I think that these are National Guard or Reserve vehicles on the way to the depot or NTC, maybe even 29 Palms.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
reply to post by caladonea

I don't think that this person is an actual reporter. It looks like some guy who pulled an article from the intelhub.

Good point...thanks for the correction...still interesting though.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by OldCorp

Go back and look again. Many of the vehicles have tan doors with green bodies or a green front with a tan body. All of the vehicles looked used and abused to me. How many railheads have you done recently?

I think that these are National Guard or Reserve vehicles on the way to the depot or NTC, maybe even 29 Palms.

Yes they are old... not used in active duty. And they are all support, as in Humvees, gas, flatbed, medical, tow, service trucks...etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

That is exactly what they are.

People, especially parazoid schizos, fail to realize we move equipment by rail all the time to ports, to NTC, JRTC, etc.

Edit: Yes that is my new word; "Parazoids"

edit on 3/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: ?!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
2 or 3 posts now on the obvious. probably stuff coming from Ft Lewis to go to the NTC (national training center) in Barstow California. I bet if you do some searching on the web you could find out if any Ft Lewis Units or WA/OR National Guard was going to NTC.

Or a unit rotating to/from overseas railing their equipment to/from port to base.

Before Desert Storm I saw train loads of equipment from the 1st Infantry Division rolling through to ports in TX. Hundreds of M1s, Bradley's, Trucks, etc. Quite impressive.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Might simply be a routine military exercise. Seen that...done that.

Two things that did bother me however:

1 - What was that red symbol on what seemed like the majority of vehicle's driver's door?

2 - I've served in the military and I've been a part of numerous exercises, including ones involving rail. That seemed like a few too many ambulatory vehicles to me.

Interesting video. Thanks for posting it.
I'm failing to see a red symbol on the door. What I believe it is that they are information sheets for each vehicle or something. I thought they possibly where like the information packets you find at a car dealer. Then again I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You can see lots of military assets being shipped by rail on Youtube.

None of them have the shipping documents package.

So this shipment of military goods is getting airlifted overseas.

Since we don't know if it's west bound or east bound...who knows where the Army is going with it.

China is going to have their hands full with the 3 big typhoons headed their way...so it's not that direction.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vampira309

Maupin, OR is exactly where they were: Maupin, OR - Google Earth

This is just a drop in the bucket of the U.S. Defense budget. Like someone said earlier, it's probably just a standard delivery of military support vehicles. Gotta keep those war profiteers happy after all!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hmmm, quite interesting. Yeah,
that red symbol on the vehicles is definitely quite intriguing.

Good vid. Hope some one can make something of this...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join