It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Americans, specifically Oregon: there is military movement, or what seems to be

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RCTD58

That's an interesting take.
It would make sense to have some kind of paperwork or something with every vehicle.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Even though it is too hard to tell I am going to go with the shipping label theory. That or they are just some sort of ID markers.

Also, I would be concerned if it was artillery, tanks, missles and whatnot but this is a train load of tranport vehicles.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I just want to thank everyone for giving me credit for coming in here and being the first to say exactly what is going on in this video.

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Well at any rate, the paranoia has been turned down a notch.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank God I got a Blastoise living in my bathroom, I'll be ready

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

this, like every other video is just images of military moving their equipment around. Despite the many imminent martial law warnings (evidenced by these videos.) there has yet to be one in all the years I have read this site.

Why are people so surprised that a military which is constantly deploying units needs to move it's equipment?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
most likely, like others have said shipping information, looks like a red square with a symbol on it, to me it looks like a white silhouette of a vehicle in a red square

2 things

the red square is at the same height and corner of 99% of all the vehicles, makes sense that each would have a specific serial number to count and check the units, just for logistic purposes, never mind each vehicle probably costs more then your average shipping container

and secondly, why put a logo on the vehicles if you have nefarious intentions in mind, doesn't make much sense, and really if you did have something planned of sorts how much would it take to cover each vehicle with a canvas or anything, you don't plan a surprise party and leave balloons at the front door

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

that is one BIG train..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe this can give us a clue :

rdl.train.army.mil...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Yes, former military myself, way too many soft skinned vehicles. It's a much different military exercise than I've ever been involved with as a former mechanized infantryman in Europe. You'd expect to see some sort of armor contingent in even a strictly support group exercise but there is none. Very suspect. Good post!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why didn't anyone jack one of those vehicles? They could of turned it into their own personal transport with power. But seems like no one is willing to do that anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yeah I am sure that was normal..
not that it has ANYTHING to do with the recent meetings between FEMA, DOD,NASA,CDC and NOAH

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That looks like the Deschutes to me. Train going south. OP, when was this filmed? I want to try and get eyes on if they roll through my neck of the Deschutes. Those rails go by a few miles from my house.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Could this troop movement be in preparation for another confrontation.

This article warns of US possible attempt to secure Nuclear Missiles in Pakistan and the On Going - kept quite movements going on there.

openchannel.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe there are moving them closer to the state they think is about to get hit with a BIG EQ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Might simply be a routine military exercise. Seen that...done that.

Two things that did bother me however:

1 - What was that red symbol on what seemed like the majority of vehicle's driver's door?

2 - I've served in the military and I've been a part of numerous exercises, including ones involving rail. That seemed like a few too many ambulatory vehicles to me.

Interesting video. Thanks for posting it.

Yes. The red cross symbol is on 90% of all those vehicle's.

Look's like a natural disaster drill of some sort.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Might simply be a routine military exercise. Seen that...done that.

Two things that did bother me however:

1 - What was that red symbol on what seemed like the majority of vehicle's driver's door?

2 - I've served in the military and I've been a part of numerous exercises, including ones involving rail. That seemed like a few too many ambulatory vehicles to me.

Interesting video. Thanks for posting it.

Seemed like a lot of Red Cross action to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I swear if they screw up Red Dawn the way they did The Karate Kid, Clash of the Titans, and The Bad News Bears, I will drive to Hollywood and slap every idiot I come across silly.
These movies are classics. Leave them alone, stop smoking pot for a month and write your own damn story.

I hear that! Seeing the commercial for the Conan The Barbarian remake thoroughly pissed me off. Arnold should go stomp the crap out of whoever had the bright idea to remake that movie.

On topic..I agree with other posters that those are packing labels on those vehicles. Then again, they do kind of look like Chinese flags. Damn, now I went and scared myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What? Are we starting this thread all over again? Please read all posts before starting this up again. The red cross is most definitely NOT on 90% of the vehicles. It isn't a fact just because you say so. I would say 90% DID NOT have such a designation.

As to the other person posting the snippet of the military training manual, that is not necessarily the way things are done. The position of those things are regulated but having been in the Air Force myself as an aircrew member on cargo aircraft, I saw that these things were placed almost arbitrarily and rarely in accordance with standards. Also. requirements differ greatly by method of transport.

While many shipping labels are white, hazardous cargo is shipped with either a red label or a white label with a red hashed border. The average Joe would not consider these hazardous. However, for shipping purposes, the fuel tanks must be drained and purged. Honestly, if there's so much as a speck of grease on the thing (imagine oil, greased joints, etc) then it is labeled for special consideration due to the flammability of these substances.

Guys, you're seeing something where there is nothing. Sure, seeing such a movement in person can make you stop and raise an eyebrow and a video is not much different. But consider the fact that military vehicles are not constructed so they can sit in a yard outside the factory. Vehicles move. This is the entirety of their purpose.

ETA: The labels have been addressed thoroughly by several members. And please use proper words. Ambulatory means walking. The act of a person walking. If you mean medical vehicles, they would certainly be a part of any significant move. Why are they being singled out? There are actually very few of them. Has anyone actually WATCHED the video??
edit on 3-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
SpringHeeledJack is correct for sure, I am also prior military and now work IT for a major freight forwarder in DC and we ship all Army related material into the war theaters, vehicles, skids of material etc.... The lables are for shipping purposes and they rarely get installed per spec. I would say this is either a unit coming home or a unit being deployed out of the country. They ship out of Ft. Lewis alot........ nothing to see here good posts SHJ

Gee out
edit on 3-8-2011 by geemony because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Looked at the video, and read the comments on YouTube here are some of the comments;

By the video cameraman GODUCKS1980 on Jul 18, 2011
Humvee Train heading south near Maupin Oregon on the Deschutes river. I'm sorry the video is shaky i was floating on my raft with my point and shoot camera.

Thats the Deschutes, it flows north to the Columbia river, they were probably heading north so they could go east... i drive i84 east out of Portland a lot, an i always see trucks with trailers loaded with Humvee trailers, yes mass amounts of Humvee trailers. they all head east. by teutonictech

These were going South People. These train loads go through Portland south to Yermo. On the 25th of July 7 train loads went south. I saw a big one going south through Oregon city 2 days ago and posted it on my channel. It had big supply boxes on the back. by GarfoyleZanderfield 2

It looks like this is a transportation unit being moved to another post from the middle east. Maybe Texas, the largest Medical & Transportation post is there. Washington has a very large port of entry. by jimfberry

So from looking at these comments from people in the area it looks like these are somewhat regular occurrences for the area. If anybody is from around there, are there any military storage yards or are there any companies that refurbish military equipment. If so they are probably being shipped back to bases for redeployment.

Also as has been brought out these are all soft vehicles, not armored so this also leads to my thinking this is redeployment from a depot or refurbishment company.

Train Orders Sometimes has information about trains like this and their schedules.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join