It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who blame Obama.....here's the truth..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
this really just illustrates that a majority of americans form their opinion form other peoples opinions, and not the facts. pretty much the definition of ignorance

the republicans getting so sanctimonious about spending and debt is so galling it makes me sick

they are simply trying to hijack the economy for another 15 months for their own political gain

you don't mind suffering so they can give your money to the top 2%, do you ?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Does that chart actually compare 8 years of Bush's actual(2002-2009??) costs to 8 years(2009-2017)
of Obama's projected costs?

Anything can be projected, real numbers are usually very different.
Leave it to The NYT's to put out such crap.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by centurion1211

Runs to FOX or Drudge!

Or other sources. Either way the normally non-partisan Congressional Budget Office puts the true cost of obamacare at over $2 trillion (with a t). So, right there the $152 billion figure cited in the OP is shown to be deliberately understated.

To deny ignorance, one should now be asking what other figures in the OP are also deliberately false?

source

For a variety of reasons, this tally doesn’t remotely reflect the bill’s real ten-year costs. First, it includes 2010 as the initial year. As most people are well aware, 2010 has now been underway for some time. Therefore, the CBO would normally count 2011 as the first year of its analysis, just as it counted 2010 as the first year when analyzing the initial House health bill in the middle of 2009. But under strict instructions from Democratic leaders, and over strong objections from Republicans, the CBO dutifully scored 2010 as the first year of the latest version of Obamacare. If the clock were started in 2011, the first full year that the bill could possibly be in effect, the CBO says that the bill’s ten-year costs would be $1.2 trillion

Got anything else besides one-line personal criticisms to add to the discussion?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
this is what I tend to blame...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

16 trillion just given away, to cover up the losses of the stupidity of the too big to fail???

ummm...the national debt is only 14 trillion!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Nice try with the false dichotomy. When I see a better decision presented, I will support it. So far, a more satisfactory one has not presented itself and I sure and heck ain't gonna settle for one that does not satisfy me. All I see is both sides of the aisle serving special interests instead of the American people as a whole.

But calling tea partiers mental and being facetious about their choice to support gun rights doesn't exactly provide for a constructive debate.

ETA: the only reason I mentioned I am liberal is because I think it would be fair to say your response to me would have been equally trite as your OP towards those on the other side of the aisle. I was trying avoid going having to correct your potential gripes about my perceived political affiliations.
edit on 28-7-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

Fair comment BUT as I suspected...... A Liberal unable to make a decision and happy to wait.....(perhaps forever) for a solution that satisfies you whilst this non decision perpetuates the whole sorry affair and division in your society.....

The gun reference was a cheap bit of British Irony thrown in for effect although the Tea Party lot ARE a bunch of complete raving loonies......

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

How is that relevant? There wouldn't even BE a deficit if it were not for 2 things:

The Bush Tax Cuts

The Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

Does that chart actually compare 8 years of Bush's actual(2002-2009??) costs to 8 years(2009-2017)
of Obama's projected costs?

Anything can be projected, real numbers are usually very different.
Leave it to The NYT's to put out such crap.

Have a look at this graphic.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01f4a6d87525.gif[/atsimg]

This doesn't look too promising either and actually makes Obama look Reckless.........

HOWEVER

What people are forgetting is that if Obama was to have ''CORRECTED'' Bush's overspend and complete wrecking of the US economy then a few powerful people and alot of those whom hold the power in your country currently would have had to have given up ALOT of their gains...........and they would not allow it.....

Does a New Presdient come into Office and NOT TRY to make a difference ??? Should he just accept the HUGE inequalities in your society ??
The Republican adgenda is Capitalism and growth, profit and business........the world is changing and I think the vast majority of the people actually want a fairer and more Caring society............. Republican attitudes HAVE to change away from the percieved Greed mentality they currently have.....

I am an Outsider looking at America from several different news sources and I am also right of centre in my political thinking BUT even I can see that America's Money Money Attitude must change.......

PDUK

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima

But calling tea partiers mental and being facetious about their choice to support gun rights doesn't exactly provide for a constructive debate.

Euros are ninnies when it comes to firearms, self protection, privacy, and freedom. Some of them eat horses too.

With a French sounding name like ''Louie''prima I am guessing you have already got a taste of our equine friends ??!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

I am sorry, but how is that even logical?

Of course Bush created more debt - he was in office for 8 years, dealt with more natural disasters, terrorist attacks, wars, etc. etc. etc.

Obama has caused.... he has had to deal with....

erm

..... he has had a lot of holidays.

Oh, and created more government jobs! Thats a good one to create revenue.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

A blog?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelmswar

He had that whole mess Bush left.. Remember when everyone was screaming "global depression, the end is neigh!"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your analysis of both Bush and Obama are flawed.

They have both been victim to proccess' that were started a long long time ago. Some were even started before they were born.

They have both failed miserably at correcting the situation, but this is the culmination of 90 years of mismanagement, that has occasionaly been sugar coated enough to be pallatable.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Oh, I see now.

Yes, the global financial meltdown is the cause of terrible policies and a general inability to do anything constructive. Shovel ready jobs...

And the answer to Bush's spend crazy tenure was to create an unwealdly abortion that is his health care plan.

Please name one thing that he has done to cut the budget, reign in spending, or generally anything that isnt a social issue.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelmswar

We didnt go into a global depression like both the right and left wing media where claiming at the time..
Care to answer why? Surley its something Bush started before then right?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Bush was a train wreck, most people will agree.
But continuing to blame Bush for all of Obama's woes is getting old, especially on the issues Obama promised action.

Obama promised immediate troop draw down in Iraq. That promise probably sealed the deal making him President.

Obama campaigned on the notion that Iraq was the bad war, and Afghanistan the good war. His opposition to the Iraq war, and his pledge to withdraw U.S. troops out of Iraq within 16 months of his election gave him a critical edge among the Democratic faithful over Hillary Clinton.

newsweek.com/2009

Obama wholly supported the bailout (TARP) and issued a joint statement with Sen. McCain in support of it.

# On September 23, the plan was presented by Paulson and Bernanke to the Senate Banking Committee, who rejected it as unacceptable.

# On September 24, President Bush addressed the nation on prime time television, describing how serious the financial crisis could become if action was not taken promptly by Congress.

# Also on September 24, 2008, Republican Party nominee for President, John McCain, and Democratic Party nominee for President, Barack Obama, issued a joint statement describing their shared view that "The effort to protect the American economy must not fail."

Obama had (and still has) complete authority to terminate the Tarp plan.
He did not, because he supported it.

Obama campaigned on a platform of correcting the wrongs of the previous administration, and was elected to do that.

He has instead supported the same failed policies of the Bush administration, and even enacted a few Bush-esque policies of his own.

Bush was a fool, but Obama is a liar.
I can forgive a fool, I can not forgive a liar.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Oaktree because: needed editin

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by louieprima

Euros are ninnies when it comes to firearms, self protection, privacy, and freedom. Some of them eat horses too.

With a French sounding name like ''Louie''prima I am guessing you have already got a taste of our equine friends ??!

Proud Louisiana boy. Which makes me different from the rest of my unfortunate fellow Americans who do not hail from the promised land. I've eaten some wierd s#t (squirrel, rabbit, alligator, nutria, crawfish, raw oysters, etc)but would never commit the sacrilege of eating a horse. It's an American thing. Even in French Louisiana. I do occasionally partake in escargot, however. Seriously, though, Obama sucks (about as much as Bush did, maybe a little bit more).

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Enough with the Left vs. Right Bickering

Seriously, this is getting out of hand and it accomplishes nothing.

(yup, shameless plug of my own thread) But this just proves my point.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Facts have nothing to do with it. The main reason to blame Obama is because he's the President. The other reason to blame Obama is because he's a Democrat. Didn't feel guilty because he's black so I didn't vote for him. I don't like him or care for his politics. I didn't want to vote for McCain either but there was a small chance we would have a President Palin sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
.....heres the problem in my worthless opinion...

plain and simple its the two party system, until we actually stand up as Americans and stop listening to these pitty party finger pointing bastards nothing will happen for the greater good of this country, all they want to do is blame each other! its like a dance off at local club! what the hell is the point? We are so far from what this country was supposedly founded on I could puke! If the Democrats had a great idea the Republicans bash it, If the the Republicans have a great idea the Democrats bash it! .....

See where Im going here peeps? Its pointless!!!

Its called bipartisan and the lack there of!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't blame Obama.

The fellas from South Park nailed it (they usually do)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join