It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who blame Obama.....here's the truth..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Crapspackle

who wrote the checks man? the democrats did so nice try

That response makes absolutely no sense.
Go have another drink.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The question that should be asked, is when is it acceptable for a President to actually take responsibility for the country and stop blaming his predecessor? This is year three for Barak Obama. And no matter how a person spins it, or cuts it or attempts to compare the condition of the country from one president to the next. It is far to late to be playing blame the last guy game, and those kinds of politics, he has to take responsibility for his actions and that of his administration. Anything else is fully unacceptable and really moot. The diversion tactics will not work, the people are not going to accept the comparison as to who was or was not a better president or who is spending more money than the other guy. The people are focused, and the questions that is on the majority of peoples minds are and is will I or a close member of my family be getting our social security check in the month of August? As the President and no one in Congress is appearing to be playing ball, who to believe? Unfortunately it is very apparent that Obama is still playing politics and ultimately having to show and try to gather support to back him which is slowly falling and failing.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yes who compiled the graph? Obama? lol,he has been in office almost 4 years time to quit blaming others,he made all sorts of promises and reniged on all of them,he and Biden are terrible leaders

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

try agian the house controls the money they haveand were in control at that time.

from 2006 to 2010 the democrats controlled federal spending and they still control the senate

the people who spent that are still in congress.
edit on 28-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Wow. I think if you read his posts on this thread and elsewhere, you'd see that he thinks Obama is awful but tends to blame both parties and government in general. I've seen his elsewhere. Obamites are soooo in denial of the fact that their leader is ineffective and just a carbon copy of his predecessor that they strive too hard to prove anyone who points this out as some Bush lover. I used to see the same thing with the Bush-ites. Bush sucked. So does Obama. Sorry.
edit on 28-7-2011 by louieprima because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

You are one snarky puppy... hehe.. excellent use of your 100th post. May have to relinquish my title to you good sir...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle
You tried to say Obama did more damage that Bush did. That is not true. When pointed out, you claim it has been decades in the making. Oh, so how Obama is worse than Bush must be some magic trick that only special reading comprehension makes happen. Your posts become harder to read as the sun goes down.

Depends on how you view unfunded liabilities really.

Both sides take risks with YOUR money. One has gambled long term, one has gambled short term...either way, the house usually wins...and you ain't the house.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Nice try with the false dichotomy. When I see a better decision presented, I will support it. So far, a more satisfactory one has not presented itself and I sure and heck ain't gonna settle for one that does not satisfy me. All I see is both sides of the aisle serving special interests instead of the American people as a whole.

But calling tea partiers mental and being facetious about their choice to support gun rights doesn't exactly provide for a constructive debate.

ETA: the only reason I mentioned I am liberal is because I think it would be fair to say your response to me would have been equally trite as your OP towards those on the other side of the aisle. I was trying avoid going having to correct your potential gripes about my perceived political affiliations.
edit on 28-7-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Amazing how fast some try to ignore or push Bush out of the picture.. All in the name of free alternative thinking right? Never mind that after 8 years of Bush and two questionable elections the US in the worst state its seen in 40-50 years.. Obama should be able to fix in 2 years whats taken waay longer then that to make, this slacker.. Ignore the face that Bush took more vacation time in history then any other president, Obama is playing golf today!

Wow, some of you have pretty warped thought processes.. No wonder you support who you do.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

Originally posted by neo96

dude get over it

the fact is obama is spending $4.6 billion dollars a day while bush spent only $1.6 biillion a day.

i dont have time for this petty nonsense move on elsewhere.

You get over it. Your math skills suck. Bush spent us into a far bigger hole than Obama has even begun to. You have such disdain and hatred for everything Obama or Democrat related that you are tripping over yourself just to profess that hate some more. It is Obama's fault, it was decades in the making. Anything but Bush's fault. All the very expensive things he did and forgot to fund mean nothing to you. I get it. You cannot lie to me about who is or has done more damage and by a wide margin though. Go lie to yourself about it. Go lie to your radio. It will not work here.

You are completely incorrect and can only assume that you are regurgitating some liberal propaganda that you heard from the MSM propaganda machine,

washingtonexaminer.com...

After beginning with a Clinton-era surplus of $128 billion in fiscal year 2001, the Bush administration racked up deficits of $158 billion in 2002, $378 billion in 2003, $413 billion in 2004, $318 billion in 2005, $248 billion in 2006, $162 billion in 2007, and $410 billion in 2008.

The current administration would kill to have such small numbers. President Barack Obama is unveiling his budget this week, and, in addition to the inherited Bush deficit, he’s adding his own spending at an astonishing pace, projecting annual deficits well beyond $1 trillion in the near future, and, in the rosiest possible scenario, a $533 billion deficit in fiscal year 2013, the last year of Obama’s first term.

Now, under Obama, the national debt — and the interest payments — will increase at a far faster rate than during the Bush years.

Bush

Obama

edit on 28-7-2011 by robyn because: typo

edit on 28-7-2011 by robyn because: format

edit on 28-7-2011 by robyn because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

But calling tea partiers mental and being facetious about their choice to support gun rights doesn't exactly provide for a constructive debate.

Euros are ninnies when it comes to firearms, self protection, privacy, and freedom. Some of them eat horses too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Star for you for pointing out the obvious and trying to mitigate the divisiveness.

Bush screwed things up and Obama not only made things worse, but he didn't do anything to rectify things one iota. Pumping fake money into the economy serves no one but the banking elite. Signing the health care bill into law did nothing but serve the insurance companies interests of guaranteed profits for years to come, not to mention securing revenue increases in the form of penalties from the poor who can't afford the health care. Expanding the war, increasing our defense spending, and stretching our military thin, only served the war mongers who profit off of death and destruction.

We still have no real health care reform. We still have troops fighting in geopolitical wars that serve the interests of the global elite and them only. We still have secret prisons, wiretapping, unwarranted surveillance, and millions of people out of jobs.

Maybe the excuse of Obama inheriting a bad economy for Bush would have worked in the first couple years, but we still have no real solutions a year and a half before the next elections when the American people will decide which puppet has more appeal to them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Tea Party conservitives are to blame for everything. They are the ones running-up the unsustainable debt, right? I don't loose any sleep over this huge deficit because of all the big spenders in the white house and congress. Its those scary tea party freshman trying to bring down the size of government and balance the budget that are so, so frightning. This should be obvious to all stateist.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GeoSorosReptilian

Its those religous idealists tea party fellows that worry me... The extremists who brought guns to political protests.. I wonder if that eldery tea party base will be around after all this, i bet not.

Works out well really, Right win split between the GOP and Tea Party. Tea Party base breaks off, shambles for the GOP.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

by robyn:
You are completely incorrect and can only assume that you are regurgitating some liberal propaganda that you heard from the MSM propaganda machine,

So your response is to post rightwing propganda ( an example of one of Byron York's previous articles title: The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President—and Why They'll Try Even Harder Next Time) ?

Also, that article is from Feb'09( height of the economic meltdown) and is speculating on the future. A current, non-partisan source would give your point more weight.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
WOW!

That chart perfectly proves how much Bush destroyed the American economy. What a shame. The guy and his cronies get a free pass too! Now that Obama has to correct the uncorrectable, he is going to get pointed at because he cannot perform miracles. While the Tea Party single handedly destroys us because they see the Bush tax cuts ending as a tax increase, Obama will take the fall as an evil America destroyer. Well played sir. Well played indeed.

Stockholm syndrome is real. All the middle class who support Boehner and the bunch are so deluded. These guys are forcing you down while they get richer and you clap.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Only $152 billion for obamacare?

I say BS and you need to look at additional sources besides the boldly left-wing NY Times.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Runs to FOX or Drudge!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
A current, non-partisan source would give your point more weight.

And as I said previously ...

A current non-partisan source would also give the OP more weight (credibility).

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Connector
A current, non-partisan source would give your point more weight.

And as I said previously ...

A current non-partisan source would also give the OP more weight (credibility).

Agreed. Although, I believe, the bailouts Obama enacted during the winter / early spring of '09 were the result of malfeasance during the Bush years. Anything after that, is fair game

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join