It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
HERE IT IS IN A RELIABLE SOURCE, USGS ...

2011 Significant Earthquake and News Headlines Archive
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 7.6 - KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
2011 July 06 19:03:16 UTC

7/6 in the evening, CERTAINLY CLOSE ENOUGH, besides the window was +- a couple days !!!

THIS IS IMPORTANT, we are seeing a pattern now, quakes usually happen the day before the alignment.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Thanks for breaking it down,

Can you explain to me as I asked earlier, why some think alignments have anything to do with increased effects?

Is it reasonable to assume Elenin is close to your projected mass?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Thank god for the eastern (Ontario) Canada. No earthquakes here! ELENIN AWAY!!!

Wow.I feel ya. I am in the same area. Not much here except severe storms lately..but ever heard of Murphy's Law. We need to touch some wood for some very good fortunes of living in this part of the world
.I still am not sure that these debunkers of ELEnin are selling anything even close to dont worry be happy, 'get well tonic'..lol.. Be well.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Yeah this is why it's so interesting, half fact half fiction. Our only real scientific source of information on this comet is NASA, the government... that's a joke! They're not going to give you the facts, just what they want you to think and what they want you to know at any given moment.

Maybe it's bigger, maybe it's smaller, maybe it's closer, maybe it's not a comet at all but a planet, maybe the entire thing is made up to distract us from something even bigger....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Thanks for breaking it down,

Can you explain to me as I asked earlier, why some think alignments have anything to do with increased effects?

Is it reasonable to assume Elenin is close to your projected mass?

I can't tell you why some people think the way they do and I can't explain that anomaly there are way too many variables. However, in my own personal opinion; alignments and increased severe climate conditions... coincidence? I really don't know. I do believe that some people just want to believe in something so badly that they see connections that aren't really there... if that makes sense. Also, if you are unfortunate enough to live in an area stricken by a large-scale disaster, well, you need someone or something to blame in order to come to terms with the event.

Again, only my opinion. I have no facts to base it on.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I did do the same calculations for an average brown dwarf. So, the equation remains the same, except Elenin's mass is now 7.6 x 10^33. This then gives us a gravitational force of 2.3x10^45. This is much greater than the gravitational force the Moon has on Earth. However, this would be constant exertion and getting greater as it gets closer. So, if gravitational force could affect earthquakes we would expect to see them much more frequently than we are and they should be increasing in magnitude. Furthermore, if it were exerting that much force on the Earth the tides would also be much different. For example tidal waves would be happening constantly.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm fairly sure the fact there have been 50 6.5 or higher earthquakes at that location in the past 38 years debunks this nicely. Has Elenin been here 50 times in the last 38 years?

Nothing but fear mongering I'm afraid.

A person spending their lives in fear of natural events takes us back to the Dark Ages. This Elenin hysteria has reached the point of absurd.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Those were impressive calculations! Well done in finding and sharing that.

The one thought that has been lingering in the back of my mind is the fact that our understanding of the physical universe and, specifically, our solar system is incomplete. Science is continuing to make new discoveries about how things work. It was with this in mind, that I did some looking and found an additional theory relating to the interactions of the planets and celestial bodies.

UVS Worldview

In this theory, gravity is not the sole interacting force between celestial bodies and one possible cause for weather changes and other events being influenced by planetary alignments.

In the UVS worldview, the tidal force of a Solar System object can exert torque-induced precession on Earth and this would transfer as a torque-free precession effect to vortically interact with viscous matter on Earth. Besides Moon and then Sun would exert the most significant tidal forces on Earth, the other planets with substantial tidal force list in an order of strength at their nearest encounter with Earth are Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The vortical culminated momentum on viscous matter of Earth transferred from tidal force of a planet is therefore not miniscule.

So, it seems that the UVS Worldview could offer an additional possibility for causal reactions due to celestial bodies, such as comets or planets, passing through our solar system. When the comet or planet aligns with the other planets or sun, the torque-induced force is cumulatively affecting one another.

The straight-line alignment of several substantial planets would absolutely have a greater combined precession effect on viscous matter on Earth. It would render interplanetary torque-induced precession on Earth to cause torque-free precession in viscous matter to spawn unisonal vortex on Earth, it thus could significantly affect climate.

ETA: Thus, the individual mass and gravity of the comet or planet is not as significant.

It's an interesting alternative.

Be Well.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Totally see where you are coming from Blaine91555, but come on, surely even you can see that natural disasters have been going crazy in the past 12 months.... Earthquakes, forrest fires, floods, Tsunami's, extreme lightening, unseasonal cold spells, monster tornados, volcanic eruptions, etc etc the list goes on! I am in my 30's and cant remember a period like this in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
what's more interesting is comets tail length, which according Leonid Elenin is

Taking the length of the projection of the tail as one minute of arc, and solving the triangle, we see the actual length of the tail has already exceeded 900,000 km! Although, in fact, the tail has to be still bigger, as Gustavo used a 30-cm telescope, knowing that if he had photographed the comet with a two-meter telescope, we would have seen fainter fragments of the comet’s tail.

This in turn should worry. The comet itself passes safe 35 mil.km distance away, could our planet be then bombarded by whatever is in the tail? Though I am not certain on the physics behind this and whether this would be of any danger to Earth.
Anyhow will be looking forward to new development

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I just realized that my math was off on this. I was using kilograms and meters while the original was using pounds and miles. I will recalculate this and give comparable numbers.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
5.6 quake rattles Japan near Fukushima site

Just announced...

National / World News 3:41 p.m. Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Associated Press NEW YORK — An earthquake registering 5.6 shook the Pacific off Honshu, Japan, the U.S. Geological Survey said Thursday. That is the area of northeast Japan ravaged by a March 11 quake and tsunami that knocked out power at the Fukushima nuclear plant.

Not Too Sure We Can Attribute This To Any alignments.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I have recalculated using the proper numbers. So, if a brown dwarf were in the position of Elenin during the Japan quake it would be exerting 6.9404303076831E+19 pounds of force on the Earth. That is roughly the same amount of force that the Moon exerts every day on the Earth and it does not cause earthquakes.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I believe the mistake had already been pointed out, and that a new image was posted to make the correction.

I'm not even concerned about so called alignments, I'm more upset about the fact that these people fight nail and tooth against a THEORY and don't even bother to check their own FACTS before they hit reply

I'm on the fence about the cause of the up coming ELE, but I am a firm believer that it is coming based simply on ice core data.

clearly something causes earth to experience sudden(yes 1,000 years is sudden when you are dealing with timeframes of 1,000,000,000 year increments) drop in temperature like this chart shows.

whether or not I see this event in my lifetime I do not know, but don't be dissillusioned that it is not coming, and it is not man made...
edit on 7-7-2011 by kalisdad because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You guys know an object in space, especially a comet, isn't going to effect the movement of tectonic plates on the earth. It's been well established that earthquakes CANNOT be predicted. Stop with this arrogance that you people know more about these things then experts.

And just we're all clear, there are planet alignments every year, there always has been. And they don't effect our planet whatsoever. The one in 2012 is a normal conjunction that happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Please remove your heads from your ***
edit on 7-7-2011 by marinesniper25 because: more info

edit on 7-7-2011 by marinesniper25 because: s

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
out of fleas-worth-tracenpac admiral james Tee Kirk from the star ship enterprise said that from his mind meld with E.T he can use his mind to see things to come. James then mind melded with me and now i can see future events also. He then instructed me to go beam up, to take a look at Elenin, so i did. Nothing to worry about on that elenin rock. I then remote viewed and saw that nothing happens to earth. Kirk then advised me on a job well done and that i was now his apprentice. He then gave me this box with a light sabre in it and said, may the force be with you. Kirk then instructed them to beam me back to earth and here i am, back to where i met james t kirk. Can this elenin propaganda cease to exist. Admiral kirk told me nothing will happen, OK.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This bugged me so much i had to tell my mom about the whole thing so she knows i'm not lying when the next alignment comes and there's a earthquake (if there is one) just trying to inform my loved ones something could be going on

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

as if the pressure is building before the alignment and then there is a certain BREAK or TIPPING POINT it where the pressure builds up to much and is realest before the alignment? but that could just be luck that the places building up pressure gave in before the alignment due to the extra tension

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by MACchine

as if the pressure is building before the alignment and then there is a certain BREAK or TIPPING POINT it where the pressure builds up to much and is realest before the alignment? but that could just be luck that the places building up pressure gave in before the alignment due to the extra tension

Will you read my post and do some research before you start scaring yourself. ALIGNMENTS HAVE ZERO EFFECT ON THE EARTH AND ITS TECTONIC PLATES. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A QUAKE ATTRIBUTED TO AN OBJECT IN OUTER SPACE, ESPECIALLY ONE AS SMALL AS A COMET.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join