It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by crudos
Wish there was a way to make the fear-mongers accountable for their actions on this board. Maybe a special icon in their profile that marks them as one who promotes fear and panic over reason and logic. Or just ban them.

Wow. Hitler had the same idea. He branded the jews with a tattoo on their forearms. Oh, and yeah, he murdered them too.

Is that what you were thinking about? Branding people?

How about this instead. We institute a tax for all of the stupid people in the world to pay for those of us who have to carry their lack of intelligence and make up for it, or have to tolerate it, or to counter all of the costs associated with what the stupidity costs the world.

I mean, look at how much Global Warming freaks have cost society!? I think they should be made to pay for their retardation.

Just look at the CO2 I just burnt having to respond to your statement. Who is going to pay for that?

Horrible Hitler analogy, since it the Nazi's who promoted fear and panic as a means to ends. So now tell me who is the bad guys? Seriously, I can't believe topics like this even are allowed to exist on ATS, Home of Deny Ignorance. If people want to play hoaxes and promote fear, with the amazing internet will let you make your very own site on which to spew forth.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm more inclined to worry about October when Elenin is closest to earth.....debris from space can can hundreds of quadzillions of space micro-organisms:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Wish there was a way to make the fear-mongers accountable for their actions on this board. Maybe a special icon in their profile that marks them as one who promotes fear and panic over reason and logic. Or just ban them.

Wow. Hitler had the same idea. He branded the jews with a tattoo on their forearms. Oh, and yeah, he murdered them too.

Is that what you were thinking about? Branding people?

How about this instead. We institute a tax for all of the stupid people in the world to pay for those of us who have to carry their lack of intelligence and make up for it, or have to tolerate it, or to counter all of the costs associated with what the stupidity costs the world.

I mean, look at how much Global Warming freaks have cost society!? I think they should be made to pay for their retardation.

Just look at the CO2 I just burnt having to respond to your statement. Who is going to pay for that?

Horrible Hitler analogy, since it the Nazi's who promoted fear and panic as a means to ends. So now tell me who is the bad guys? Seriously, I can't believe topics like this even are allowed to exist on ATS, Home of Deny Ignorance. If people want to play hoaxes and promote fear, with the amazing internet will let you make your very own site on which to spew forth.

Or, better yet, if you do not like what you are reading, simply click www.google.com and have a ball. Who is holding the gun to your head and forcing you to read this thread?

I dont think it is a horrible reference to Hitler? Though, no matter what I say, you will have a statement regardless just to get your word in. But thats cool, its what ATS is about -- sharing of ideas regardless.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Who are all these people running around so scared?

Are you scared?

I'm not scared.

The people who talk about Elenin don't seem to be scared.

The debunkers aren't scared are they?

Who is all this "fear mongering" scaring? 10 year olds?

You people that are constantly calling everything "scare mongering"/"fear mongering" are really a

There is no one scared because some people on the net make outlandish claims about Elenin. I see no one running for the hills because of this thread.

You are imagining scared people.

"I see scared people" -

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjackOr, better yet, if you do not like what you are reading, simply click www.google.com and have a ball. Who is holding the gun to your head and forcing you to read this thread?

I dont think it is a horrible reference to Hitler? Though, no matter what I say, you will have a statement regardless just to get your word in. But thats cool, its what ATS is about -- sharing of ideas regardless.

As long as the powers that be here at ATS allow panic and hoax threads, then I am more than happy to express my feeling on what a crock it is. Getting my word in? Isn't that the point of the internets?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Just for quick reference. Here is a photo from the JPL simulation. As can be plainly seen Earth, Elenin, and Saturn are not even remotely aligned. For that matter Earth, Elenin and any object within the orbit of Saturn is not aligned either.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0093d08ac746.gif[/atsimg]

I cannot believe all the stars you got from this post...

you didn't even post the data from the correct day!!

you can clearly see that you posted the image from JUNE 7th

FAIL!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Just for quick reference. Here is a photo from the JPL simulation. As can be plainly seen Earth, Elenin, and Saturn are not even remotely aligned. For that matter Earth, Elenin and any object within the orbit of Saturn is not aligned either.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0093d08ac746.gif[/atsimg]

I cannot believe all the stars you got from this post...

you didn't even post the data from the correct day!!

you can clearly see that you posted the image from JUNE 7th

FAIL!

I believe the mistake had already been pointed out, and that a new image was posted to make the correction.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Earth is not In alignment... Only sun elenin saturn. Let's get the facts straight.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Anyway, this started out as a pretty interesting topic and like someone else mentioned, I appreciate those who are keeping it in the interest of research, thought provoking opinion, fact and even fiction. Regardless of belief or skepticism I think it's interesting and exciting and I'm looking forward to more information as well as creative ideas and theories as time goes by.

On a side note, there are always those who are unable to disagree in an intelligent and adult manner and there are those who are quick to point out others mistakes... maybe they feel compelled to do so because they are the ones who are scared by information or the possibility of something outrages. Who knows.

Thanks for this interesting discussion!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me why alignments supposedly cause these seemingly magical earthquakes?

Considering the field of these objects is a spherical projection from their center, why would it make any difference if the sun, saturn and earth are aligned to create these quakes?

Are they aligning themselves like some sort of planetary deathstar laser and blasting earth a new orifice?

I fail to understand the reasoning for this, especially when these EQ's are only happening in areas that have always had earthquakes in the most sensitive spots on the planet for EQ's to happen.

This all sounds silly to me considering we've been having problems long before Elenin arrived.

Every time I question the validity of alignments causing quakes everyone tells me "DO UR RESEARCH"

What are these people using for research who make these claims? Youtube?

As if thats some kind of holy hand grenade for justification?

This object will continue to get closer - Then we can start to understand its true effects on our little blue dot.

GM

edit on 7-7-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Interesting that Elenin has lined up with Saturn and Earth as I just came across this article: Astronomers Observe Colossal Saturn Storm. This mega storm was first observed back in December and it has gotten stronger each day. There have only been 5 mega-storms observed on Saturn since 1876 making it all the more noteworthy. The article sites Jupiter's Red-Spot hurricane that has been raging for centuries but this is unprecedented for Saturn. Recall Jupiter lost one of it's bands back in May 2010. Our solar system is indeed experiencing significant change throughout.

edit on 7-7-2011 by AnotherSon because: added "mega" to storms as there have been many storms observed

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by meatpie40
umm it's the 7-7-11 here, not everyone shares the same date or time remember

Glad i kept reading...i was gonna say that too! I am in the USA too but i do know that there are many places that are a day ahead! Good Day!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The scientific part of me thought this was an interesting read, good math:

The Effect of Comet Elenin on the Earth

Comet Elenin was 2.1 A.U. away, or 195 million miles on March 11, 2011, the date the earthquake occured in Japan.

Now let's ask ourselves, 'In what way can this comet affect the Earth from this distance?

The only answer has to be its gravity, it is the only force available to it that can affect other celestial bodies from a distance. To cause the earthquake in Japan, the gravity from this comet must pull on the Earth strong enough to stress the crust.

Is this possible? Is the force of gravity from Comet Elenin strong enough to cause such an event on Earth from 195 million miles away?

Forgetting for a minute that earthquakes are caused by plate tectonics and not gravitationally stressed celestial bodies, let's assume, for the sake of argument, that a passing celestial body can cause an earthquake if it is big enough and passes by closely enough.

It is estimated the the entire mass of all comets in the solar system adds up to equal about 2% of the mass of the Sun. This comes out to about 4 x 10^28 kg of material spread out over 100,000,000,000,000 comets that are believed to exist in our solar system - these include primarily comets in the Oort cloud out in the boondocks.

This gives us an average mass of comets to be 400,000,000,000,000 kilograms each (divide mass of all comets in the solar system by the number of comets).

For people who prefer scientific notation, it's 4 x 10^14 kg per comet. The mass of comet Elenin isn't known precisely, but we'll use this average figure for now. I've already stated above that this is probably an overestimate, Elenin is not this big.

How much pull is that?

To answer that, we need to know three things:

1.The mass of the comet (we just figured that out)
2.The mass of the Earth (that equals 6 x 10^24 kg)
3.The distance between the two.

Right off the bat, a red flag should be going off in your head. Look at the difference between the mass of the Earth and the mass of Comet Elenin: it's 10^10 kg different!

That's 10 billion kilograms.

Still, let's forge ahead and not make assumptions.

As stated above, comet Elenin was 195 million miles away on the date of the earthquake in Japan, so here goes:

To do this math quickly you can use this calculator: www.ajdesigner.com...

Just plug in the numbers above and you get:

365,555.2 pounds of force

This is how much force Comet Elenin exerted on the planet Earth on March 11, 2011.

I realize this number seems huge, and that it must seem like a number that big should do some something, but to put this in perspective, the Moon exerts 4.2 x 10^19 pounds of force on the Earth everyday with the only real effect being the tides. (I used the same calculator linked to above, but replaced the mass of Elenin with that of the Moon and used a distance of 240,000 miles).

That's 4,200,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of force.

So on that day, comet Elenin exerted 4.2 x 10^19 / 356,555 =

1.2 x 10^14 times LESS force than the Moon exerts on the Earth every single day.

Written another way, the gravitational force exerted on the Earth from comet Elenin was 1 / 120,000,000,000,000th the strength the Moon exerts on the Earth on the day the earthquake hit.

The wind exerts more force on us than that, the pressure of the light from the Sun on our skin is greater than that, a sneeze from four miles away is more powerful than that.

Just about everything is more powerful than that.

What about when Elenin reaches it's closest point to us? Will it affect us then?

Plugging in 21 million miles in the above calculator yields a force of 31,519,807 pounds. Still incredibly small.

One more thing I should mention. These forces I've computed above act on the entire Earth. If we want to know how strong this force is per unit area, we need to divide them by the surface area of the Earth, which is 5,490,383,247,360,000 square feet

So, on final approach to the Earth, on October 16, 2011, Comet Elenin will exert 31,519,807 pounds / 5,490,383,247,360,000 square feet = 5.74091199 10-9 pounds per square foot.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by meatpie40
umm it's the 7-7-11 here, not everyone shares the same date or time remember

Glad i kept reading...i was gonna say that too! I am in the USA too but i do know that there are many places that are a day ahead! Good Day!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

If I still could you'd get applause for that. I was literally about to make a post saying 'why don't you go away and do the maths, calculate exactly what gravitational force it exerts on Earth and then hang your head in shame.....' Looks like you saved the OP the trouble, and embarrassment. Bravo!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Tacklin' fuel Agent Smith

Yeah I like the glamour and mystery and theory, especially conspiracy, about it.
But math is math and facts are facts.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Even if the "comet" doesn't hit,it could still effect all the planets in our solar system!

I don't know about anyone else but I would like to know if there's a huge comet heading our way.There's always a chance of survival.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

AND, I don't take credit for that. I did the search and found the work. Although I did re-do the math just to make sure, and because I like math. But... just sharing the information.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
The scientific part of me thought this was an interesting read, good math:

The Effect of Comet Elenin on the Earth

Comet Elenin was 2.1 A.U. away, or 195 million miles on March 11, 2011, the date the earthquake occured in Japan.

Now let's ask ourselves, 'In what way can this comet affect the Earth from this distance?

The only answer has to be its gravity, it is the only force available to it that can affect other celestial bodies from a distance. To cause the earthquake in Japan, the gravity from this comet must pull on the Earth strong enough to stress the crust.

Is this possible? Is the force of gravity from Comet Elenin strong enough to cause such an event on Earth from 195 million miles away?

Forgetting for a minute that earthquakes are caused by plate tectonics and not gravitationally stressed celestial bodies, let's assume, for the sake of argument, that a passing celestial body can cause an earthquake if it is big enough and passes by closely enough.

It is estimated the the entire mass of all comets in the solar system adds up to equal about 2% of the mass of the Sun. This comes out to about 4 x 10^28 kg of material spread out over 100,000,000,000,000 comets that are believed to exist in our solar system - these include primarily comets in the Oort cloud out in the boondocks.

This gives us an average mass of comets to be 400,000,000,000,000 kilograms each (divide mass of all comets in the solar system by the number of comets).

For people who prefer scientific notation, it's 4 x 10^14 kg per comet. The mass of comet Elenin isn't known precisely, but we'll use this average figure for now. I've already stated above that this is probably an overestimate, Elenin is not this big.

How much pull is that?

To answer that, we need to know three things:

1.The mass of the comet (we just figured that out)
2.The mass of the Earth (that equals 6 x 10^24 kg)
3.The distance between the two.

Right off the bat, a red flag should be going off in your head. Look at the difference between the mass of the Earth and the mass of Comet Elenin: it's 10^10 kg different!

That's 10 billion kilograms.

Still, let's forge ahead and not make assumptions.

As stated above, comet Elenin was 195 million miles away on the date of the earthquake in Japan, so here goes:

To do this math quickly you can use this calculator: www.ajdesigner.com...

Just plug in the numbers above and you get:

365,555.2 pounds of force

This is how much force Comet Elenin exerted on the planet Earth on March 11, 2011.

I realize this number seems huge, and that it must seem like a number that big should do some something, but to put this in perspective, the Moon exerts 4.2 x 10^19 pounds of force on the Earth everyday with the only real effect being the tides. (I used the same calculator linked to above, but replaced the mass of Elenin with that of the Moon and used a distance of 240,000 miles).

That's 4,200,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of force.

So on that day, comet Elenin exerted 4.2 x 10^19 / 356,555 =

1.2 x 10^14 times LESS force than the Moon exerts on the Earth every single day.

Written another way, the gravitational force exerted on the Earth from comet Elenin was 1 / 120,000,000,000,000th the strength the Moon exerts on the Earth on the day the earthquake hit.

The wind exerts more force on us than that, the pressure of the light from the Sun on our skin is greater than that, a sneeze from four miles away is more powerful than that.

Just about everything is more powerful than that.

What about when Elenin reaches it's closest point to us? Will it affect us then?

Plugging in 21 million miles in the above calculator yields a force of 31,519,807 pounds. Still incredibly small.

One more thing I should mention. These forces I've computed above act on the entire Earth. If we want to know how strong this force is per unit area, we need to divide them by the surface area of the Earth, which is 5,490,383,247,360,000 square feet

So, on final approach to the Earth, on October 16, 2011, Comet Elenin will exert 31,519,807 pounds / 5,490,383,247,360,000 square feet = 5.74091199 10-9 pounds per square foot.

Excellent Post!

However, I would like to throw in a variable -- the number you are using to represent the mass of Elenin may be incorrect.

I believe it to be much larger. But unfortunately, that is only my belief, not fact.

But nice post. I was hoping someone with good math skills would post!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join