It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The whole east coast top half will be whiped completely out and we will only have about a half hour to get 50 feet underground. Scary #, for real.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So basically an area prone to earthquakes has a quake and it somehow proves that it's something involved with "Elenin" ???

-_- It's New Zealand. It happens. It's almost as bad as those who thought Haiti quake was the sign of the apocalypse. Earthquakes happen Every single day. There is nothing groundbreaking or off about the recent Zealand quake.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
"Nothing effects the planets in our solar system"

Some scientists say different..According to a pair of University of Louisiana astronomers, writing in the journal Icarus, advanced their recent theory about a new mystery planet in our solar system — and a very, very big one

Read more www.time.com...

It's not like it's just people on the net saying these things..scientists are saying it!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Playing the outrageous doom connection card in conspiracy circles would make you a billionaire in Vegas had you the same cards to play, because nobody ever calls you out when nothing happens, or even remembers the ridiculousness, there is no margin call. It's all about unaccountability, conspiracists don't require accountability, and it isn't even a requirement to spew out garbage. Just link any kind of bull website story no matter how much fiction of fantasy it sites, and you'll get em all out from under reality, (or are those just proxy aliases)? I mean, there really can't be this many people so unattached to reality.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Im still waiting for mine?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
While I won't directly add anything. I do believe that the U.S. is way overdue for a major event, Katrina in my eyes doesn't the bill. Along with the recent tornadoes. I'm leaning towards the flooding across the Midwest as others have suggested, making the landscape ripe for a quake.

Not to fear monger, My Grandfather was in the 50ish flood on the Delaware river in the 50's.The 50 year flood I was told about did happen, thrice.Can a EQ happen along the Pacific coast or the Madrid fault? I'll go with most likely in the near future. To call ta date and year is irresponsible, along with our government denial of these events.

One thing I would like to know, from any Insurance company is to the odds on such an event and to when?
Our powers that be, seem to have a good handle many on future events, not all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Ok, wait. No, wait, let me get this straight.

A rather small and fairly insignificant comet what only came to distinction by virtue of being discovered by an amateur astronomer with less mass and gravitational pull than any moon orbiting any planet in our solar system that is still a magnificent distance from us currently that somehow, because it momentarily comes into alignment with a few planets and our own, an occurence that happens all the time and has as long as we've existed, let alone those planets; is responsible for causing earthquakes, events which literally happen daily and always have?

Yeah...right.

I'm sorry, the class you were looking for was Astro(NOMY), not Astro(LOGY).
It's an easy mistake to make, what with how similar they sound.

You know, the sun itself cycles through periods of low and high activity, is it so hard to believe the planet suffers similar cycles, too. You know, kind of like how the geological record shows.

If you honestly believe a comet that small could really have that kind of influence then you would think that both Haley's and Hale-Bopp, both if which were closer than Elenin is now, you would think those two would have caused massive destruction on their recent paths. Hmm.

Good points and not only that, but Honda and Levy will be a lot closer and nobody is saying a thing about them. It's the name I guess--the fact that everyone can do the woo-woo EleNin thing. I have the feeling that had Elenin been named Smith, nobody would even notice it. (and yes,I know I said this another thread)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Come to think of it
I saw a a video from one of the stereo satellites, and apparently it has been removed off youtube as well. It seemed legit, and it showed a huge object moving through the its optical view. No planets were supposed to be there at that time.
Very strange indeed.
edit on 6/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Yes I've seen that video too, why would it get banned? Doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberry

It is to keep us guessing if it was removed.

Peace to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Between this, Harold camping and October 21, and December 21, 2012, I put money on 2012. I probably won't win anyway but if I had to pick...Maybe I should put money on both counts...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
7.6 isn't that big. Earthquakes like that happen around that area all the time...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
At least this is in the Skunk Works, I guess theres still some shred of sanity and reason on ATS. Earthquakes happen all the time as part of the natural earth, any arbitrary meaning or fake relationship you want to tac on to these events with no evidence or scientific reason are just symptoms of your self centered and stupid human world view. Mother nature couldn't give a damn about these silly religious cult like beliefs in elenin planet x nonsense, 2012 and the rest.
edit on 8-7-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Elenin WAS NOT even aligned with Earth on the 7th of July so where is the connection?...

Elenin WAS NOT even aligned with Saturn on the 7th of July...

Elenin WAS aligned with Saturn on the 5th of July...

Check the data yourself (JPL) the alignment was closest on the 5th of July NOT the 7th

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You think they haven't withdrawn the relevant data into the citadels of power?

Wowser, your eyes seem closed.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This isn't exactly related to this thread but I thought it was fairly cool. There are a collection of newspaper articles written from December 9, 1950 through April 4, 2011 all with regard to Planet X, comets, Pluto, etc. I am not saying that I believe in any of this, but it's interesting to see over 60 years of alternating opinions and changes in so-called factual data. It just goes to show you that even scientists don't have a real understanding as to how things in the universe work. They only think they do until something changes....

Remember, 50 years ago smoking was good for ya!

Anyway, unfortunately I am unable to post the link from the website that hosts all of the newspaper articles written on this subject over the years. There are over 50 of them.

I particularly like the ones from the 50's and 60's... talk about fear mongers!

If you'd like the link please let me know and I'll send it in a message.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
"Nothing effects the planets in our solar system"

Some scientists say different..According to a pair of University of Louisiana astronomers, writing in the journal Icarus, advanced their recent theory about a new mystery planet in our solar system — and a very, very big one

Read more www.time.com...

It's not like it's just people on the net saying these things..scientists are saying it!

I took a look at that article. Although I believe that we are not being told everything about Elenin, this article does not do anything for or against the argument.

The likely reason the story caught fire: a key sentence that read "But scientists now believe the proof of its existence has already been gathered by a NASA space telescope, WISE, and is just waiting to be analysed."

In the published material, the scientists are simply stating that the probability is there that the image exists somewhere within all of the images captured to-date by WISE.

"What we're really saying," he explains, "is that there's suggestive evidence there might be something out there." And if a new planet exists — something Matese is emphatically not claiming at this point — then the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) satellite should already have an image of it stored somewhere in its enormous database. Read more: www.time.com...

They have not seen anything yet. They are simply acknowledging the possibility.

Be Well.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Between this, Harold camping and October 21, and December 21, 2012, I put money on 2012. I probably won't win anyway but if I had to pick...Maybe I should put money on both counts...

I've heard many people saying over the years that the so-called 2012 event will actually happen in the late part of 2011, say sept-dec.
So it's interesting Camping changed his date to that, I wonder if he'd heard of that theory about 2011 being the "real" 2012... or something like that.
You know what I mean.

Subjectively, I "feel" like something is going to happen in the next few years. Cosmic, supernatural, existential. Objectively I really don't see any signs the earth itself is about to blow. But I did like seeing the information put forth about the earthquakes, thank you.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm waiting to see catastrophe on the big cities like on the movies. If it happened in the middle of the sea, what is so interesting about it? no body dies? Boriiiiinnnnggg!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

No it hasn't been a waste of time, life is all about learning. You've taught you family one of the most simpliest thing's to remember, self-discipline. If we didn't have any self-discipline we would a very dis-organised civilisation.

Hunting skills and survivalist skills are good to keep alive and keep warm, stay cool, keep your sanity, build/construct, re-build from where we all left off. I didn't hesitate to change career this year in early January. I've gone from an Mechanical Engineering background to Environmental Conservation and studying this new course has enabled me to pick up many survivalist skills as a ranger throughtout the last 6 months, I am already familiarised with identifying animal species, insect species, plant species, woodland, wetland, and dryland management, constructing shelters, building fires, so much more, many bushcraft skills etc.

You want to try and get your family out for an all weekender doing Bushcraft skills, www.lakesideymca.co.uk... This is in the UK however at the YMCA they are a seperate organisation and are open all year annually, all day/everyday, 24/7. The bushcraft show is open once a year.

It's one of the largest sites in Europe. If you live in the states then have a look at this website, also one week holiday is best to benefit from, as it would take about 7-9 hours flight to get here.

There are many event's held in Chilliwack a friend of mine who lives up in BC.

Hope that helps you and your family prepare.
edit on 9-7-2011 by DClairvoyant because: Added the correct link.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper25

so the moon isnt causing the sea to rise and and lower back down
funny i always thought that it did

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join