It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Alright, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but whats up with the image below? Since when did these charts reflect Ele not even coming close to Earth? I remember seeing it literally almost hit Earth on these charts less than a month ago. It looks doctored if you ask me because last I checked an object in space will follow one projected path until that object is acted upon i.e. gravitational pulls from celestial objects, hit by another object, etc. This chart below shows it make a hard left and then another hard left....impossible....

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/737b2217cda1.jpg[/atsimg]

Would be interesting to find out what continents / countries were at locations A & B during the exact alignment.

edit on 7/7/11 by tombangelta because: image massive

edit on 7/7/11 by tombangelta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I have a challenge for all the doomsday believers and those who constantly bang on about Elenin. Here's the challenge. Put your money where your mouth is. If you truly believe that there is going to be an extinction level event because of Elenin, aliens, earthquakes, and you are SO certain you are right then sign your money, all your possessions, everything. You won't need it, because you're going to die anyway, right? So, quit farting around, spreading paranoia and show you are a TRUE believer. I don't care who you give it to. You can give it to me, ATS, some homeless dude, or a charity. The only rule in this challenge is that you must sign your possessions over to someone you don't know, because if you sign it over to family, they can always give it back. No, you have to part with it FOREVER.

So, are you ready for this challenge? Are you ready to put your money where your mouth is? I doubt it. You're all just fear mongers, spreading disinformation, trying to get people spun up. The Elenin story is (yawn) old news. It's going to pass so far (relatively speaking) that it's not even going to have an effect on the tides. Nothing, nada, zilch. We "may" get a nice view of it, like Hale-Bopp, but that's about it.

You can have all of my worldly possessions after ELE leaves in December. If you are around to accept them.

But I need my "stuff" until then.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT
reply to post by humphreysjim

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I just think people should be held accountable in some way when they are being irrational, and scaremongering,

I think you need to look up the word irrational... To be irrational is to not have reason, I have many reasons to believe what I do, my judgement has served me well... You would be irrational to ignore the signs...

To not have reason, or to misuse reason, my thought is the latter might be the case.

Originally posted by de1111codEiTAnd by me stateing 'Hold on tight folks and remember.. there is nothing to fear but fear itself' is the opposite to scaremongering

A bit like holding a gun to someone's head and saying "Relax, man"?

Originally posted by de1111codEiT
even if the best I can do is a "Ha ha, told you so, now, learn from your mistakes and try to think a bit more critically next time, ok?"

Yeah ok, but seems a bit childish, don't you think? Practice what you'd like to preach... 'Critical thinking'...

Probably childish, but if it causes at least one person to pause before spreading fear, then the end justifies the means.

Originally posted by de1111codEiTHere's NASA's/JPL's 3D trajectory/orbit program/diagram
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

And here's a list of the largest and most destructive quakes of 2010
en.wikipedia.org...

I think you're intelligent enough to know what to do now, I have a list of the correlations between alignments and earthquakes if you like things handed to you on a plate...

Have you ever heard the statement "Correlation does not imply causation?". Very loose correlation, at that.

Have you ever heard of Data Mining, also?

Originally posted by de1111codEiTSeriously? I've been to Florida over a dozen times and found it to be wonderful place, I've visited southend a few years back and found it to be full of chavs, gypsies and spotty teenagers with bake bean cans as exhausts, but whatever floats your boat... No offence chap, was a tongue in cheek remark...

Florida is great to visit, but not to live. Your description of Southend sounds closer to the stereotype than the reality, but maybe I've just learned to ignore the people and enjoy the place.
edit on 7-7-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sirius Septum

I remember hearing when it first was discovered and touched upon in the MSM (at least here in Aus) they said NASA had said it would miss by quite a bit, but still close enough where they'd keep an eye on it. The distance from memory wasn't too different from what the charts are saying now. Maybe the old charts you had were doctored by someone wanting to spread fear? Who knows

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I've tried to look into this Emperor Yahou, but have turned up very little. First I did a normal search and every site that came up was related to Velikovsky. Then I did a Google Scholar search hoping to turn up some journal articles, but once again everything that came up was Velikovsky. Can you point me toward Velikovsky's source for this story. A citation is all that I'm looking for. As for the legitimacy of Velikovsky, I suggest reading these articles.

Skepdic - Velikovsky
Leroy Ellenberger - An Antidote to Velkovskian Delusions
Leroy Ellenberger - A Lesson from Velikovsky
[url=http://www.jerrypournelle.com/science/velikovsky.htm#Morrison2]David Morrison - Velikovsky at 50

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

can u stop callin Elenin ELE. its either elenin or ELE which stands for extinction level event. you keep saying ELE which mean extinction level event when you mean to say elenin the comet. sooo...like you're not gonna scare anyone with an iq over 80

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bonnieprince

That doesn't change the fact that an object in space cannot suddenly make a left turn like that chart seems to indicate. I would agree completely with you except all other objects in space have nice smooth paths (usually circles except for elenin which had an elliptical path). Maybe I am overreacting, but this just does not seem right. It should still have an elliptical path, especially considering the path behind it is/was.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Sirius Septum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
You can have all of my worldly possessions after ELE leaves in December. If you are around to accept them.

Fair enough. Care to actually put that into a legal contract? I'll pay the attorney fees.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I know, in terms of natural disasters, you are so freaking safe. 'cept for a lot of rain recently, we rarely ever get anything destructive

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

Can you point me in the direction of the names of these sites? All I can find that Hedin found during his expedition into the Gobi is Dandan Oilik and Kara Dung. Both of these sites date to the time of the Silk Road and have plenty of documentation regarding them before they were abandoned.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wish there was a way to make the fear-mongers accountable for their actions on this board. Maybe a special icon in their profile that marks them as one who promotes fear and panic over reason and logic. Or just ban them.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Fair enough. Care to actually put that into a legal contract? I'll pay the attorney fees.

Nice one NV! Make them accountable for their words for once.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Here is the orbital path of C/1847 T1 (Mitchell). As you can see its orbit does the same thing as Elenin's. The thing they have in common is that their orbits are both very eccentric. Mitchell is a hyperbolic comet, which Elenin still has the potential of being. The reason it appears this is due to how ellipses are created on the computer. An ellipse is composed of numerous lines. Normally you do not notice this. However, in the case of Elenin and Mitchell the ellipses are very large and the area that is being displayed is a very small portion of the whole. Therefore, the individual lines that make up the ellipse become apparent.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6da62854e436.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
. . . stop staring these fools

The word you are looking for is starring, not staring. The word 'staring' refers to fixing one's eyes on an object, in this case 'these fools.'

Who looks foolish now?

What I see going on, in-between the spurious comments, is some fascinating fact gathering and historical research and I do enjoy the discussion.

Thanks to all for your ongoing contributions.

Be Well
edit on 7-7-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
reply to post by phantomjack

can u stop callin Elenin ELE. its either elenin or ELE which stands for extinction level event. you keep saying ELE which mean extinction level event when you mean to say elenin the comet. sooo...like you're not gonna scare anyone with an iq over 80

Frankly, the name "ELE" has been used for quite some time now as the short name for Elenin.

Yes, it also stands for Extinction Level Event.

Now we are being condemned for using an abbreviation? Don't you have something more constructive to add to the conversation than that?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

LOL, watch what you wish for! But yes. You can have my car and house. You can have my Harley. I wont be needing them, nor will you, if I am right anyway. LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Originally posted by humphreysjim
A bit like holding a guy to someone's head and saying "Relax, man"?

Nope, nothing of the sort, for a start it's not me holding the gun (or directing the 'comet')...

Secondly, when a gun is held to your head, there's not any time to react if the trigger was pulled... when a planetary body is on its way and has a due date, people have time to spread awareness and prepare (In this case 3-4 months) physically and mentally for whatever they were destined to be caught up in...the best preparation you can do is spiritual, to make amends, right any wrongs etc...but generally it's a great thing to say because its true, death is but a doorway and whether your personal belief is that this existence is all there is or not, mine is that death should not be feared...

Have you ever heard the statement "Correlation does not imply causation?".

Funny you should say that... Yes, twice yesterday infact, when I was explaining to some of my angry atheist friends that long term mass meditation studies in (Washington, New york) had shown that crime was significantly reduced, but regardless of all the studies I presented, this was their retort too...

Ever heard the saying....

"Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd"

edit on 7-7-2011 by de1111codEiT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Here is the orbital path of C/1847 T1 (Mitchell). As you can see its orbit does the same thing as Elenin's. The thing they have in common is that their orbits are both very eccentric. Mitchell is a hyperbolic comet, which Elenin still has the potential of being. The reason it appears this is due to how ellipses are created on the computer. An ellipse is composed of numerous lines. Normally you do not notice this. However, in the case of Elenin and Mitchell the ellipses are very large and the area that is being displayed is a very small portion of the whole. Therefore, the individual lines that make up the ellipse become apparent.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6da62854e436.gif[/atsimg]

Thank you, this makes complete sense to me now. Glad to see it's not doctored considering that would mean a cover up of some sort, which would probably mean Elenin would indeed be hitting us. Thanks again for your help here

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
Wish there was a way to make the fear-mongers accountable for their actions on this board. Maybe a special icon in their profile that marks them as one who promotes fear and panic over reason and logic. Or just ban them.

Wow. Hitler had the same idea. He branded the jews with a tattoo on their forearms. Oh, and yeah, he murdered them too.

Is that what you were thinking about? Branding people?

How about this instead. We institute a tax for all of the stupid people in the world to pay for those of us who have to carry their lack of intelligence and make up for it, or have to tolerate it, or to counter all of the costs associated with what the stupidity costs the world.

I mean, look at how much Global Warming freaks have cost society!? I think they should be made to pay for their retardation.

Just look at the CO2 I just burnt having to respond to your statement. Who is going to pay for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join