It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
thats why he is famous.
anyone can make a mess sure. not anyone can just make a pollock. bad copies... sure.

can u be original and get a critic to take notice?

Can you tell the difference between an authentic Pollock and a fake?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

please do us all a favor and get over your own ego.

this thread has to do with a little girl who really enjoys painting and if they keep her interested could someday take care of herself via painting...= it's a skill not everyone has and she will get better with age.

This thread isn't about you or your views on anything really.

Stop trying to make other people's threads about yourself. It's sickening really.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Beautiful art for a 5 year old. Amateur for a 6 year old.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I disagree to an extent, my son started drawing at age three, of course his wasn't abstract, his father was a artist, famous in certain circles, but never raised or influenced my son, still my son became a naturally talented artist and was much better then his father

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They suck, what the hell, whats the starts and flags for

you would make art that # too if you threw paint everywhere

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AceStyler

thats not art, thats her throwing paint around making a mess and they think it looks cool, she has no intention in making art

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

please do us all a favor and get over your own ego.

this thread has to do with a little girl who really enjoys painting and if they keep her interested could someday take care of herself via painting...= it's a skill not everyone has and she will get better with age.

This thread isn't about you or your views on anything really.

Stop trying to make other people's threads about yourself. It's sickening really.

I'm sorry LucidDreamer....as much as I love the art,and think its beautiful...it did NOT take skill.

Any child could do that..they do it all the time..its just abstract ..most adults could as well.

Don't confuse playful creativity with skill.
edit on 26-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I guess this is for the people who think Katy Perry is a great singer.

tee
hee
edit on 26-5-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
lol..."prodigy"?...thats just a kid doodling randomly with too much paint
..."abstract artist" ...

just a kid doing what kids do

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

i was just discussing abstract art with a friend recently ...its such crap ...no talent needed just morons to look at this garbage ...... hate if you want but no talent needed for this anyone can make abstract art...if you want i can show you the abstract art i made in the toilet this morning

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by missvicky

Well to be truthful, your painting seems a little amaturish compared to the 4 year old abstactionist. But a good start! Keep at it you have potential........

To be truthful, you are only saying that because he confessed up front how he did it and how long it took. If that same painting came with several critiques by art critics calling it soulful genius, I bet you would be singing another song.

How do you know I didn't look at it first and then read what he wrote? Sorry, but this thread has degenerated into the typical ATS Basher's Ball. Might as well be a chemtrail thread.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
One of my favorite artist's of all times.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
— Pablo Picasso

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Kinda tired of wannabe snobs who call this "amazing art and talent" to try to look cool and sophisticated. "You just don't get it" lol, how often do you hear that from these deluded snobs. Ask them to explain tho and clearly they "dont get it" either, they just want to pretend theyre smarter than you.

Regardless of whether you think it looks "pretty" or not or if its even "art" or not, the paintings displayed in the video required no talent, it takes basically 0 skill or talent whatsoever, maybe a decent eye for colors if we're being generous. I did paintings when I was a 5 year old that looked EXACTLY like this nonsense. Give almost any kid a room full of paint and hours to play and youll get similar "abstract art". You could even tell by watching her clumsy, unprecise hand movements with a brush that no skill is needed here, even a cripple could pull this off. Its just a kid throwing a bunch of paint at paper till it "looks cool" and some snobby parents and agents trying to take advantage of it.

I'd LOVE to see an experiment where some random kids are plucked from the street, shown this "art" and told to do something similar and given the same tools and time. Then show the results to a bunch of random people, along with this "prodigy's", unlabeled so they dont know whose are whose and I bet my last dollar when asked to pick the "artists" painting they'll pick the random kids about as often as hers.
I guess every kid is a prodigy when it comes to abstract art, as long as you have connections like this kids artist parents did and as long as theres still cliques of snobby critics/art gallery/museum owners who will praise your rubbish cause other snobs did and in order to feel good about how enlightened and sophisticated they are.
edit on 26-5-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow. I think this is beautiful. Not because her art is in a gallery, but because she is able to express herself in a way that is just not accessible to most.

Can you just imagine, what would the world be like if all children had the opportunity to display their talents or their passions. Most people do not have the resources available.

If every child had a garden and was allowed to plant what they like. If they had access to animals and insects to observe. If they were exposed to multiple languages. If they had more interesting playgrounds to promote some kind of challenge. If their parents read to them each day from a range of genres. If they could take unlimited pictures and video from their points of view. If they were encouraged to dance and smile often. If they all had a studio with unlimited supplies of paint and other mediums. I believe the world would be a very interesting place.

This little girls paints with joy and I love it, but I think that all children would amaze us if they had the resources to show us their joys as well.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by j3n9ls31dy
i find it utterly disgusting that society has come to literally praise such "prodigies" as this one.

i find it completely unrealistic to even call this child a "prodigy".

i am becoming very tired of parents taking advantage of their children for the purpose of marketing and making money.

our society has come to focus upon things like movie stars, american idol, hollywood, main stream "musicians" like the atrocious noise that blares on every radio station today. lady gaga, katy perry, JUSTIN BIEBER,

this child is no different.

sure, she is having fun, and that is perfectly great, that's what every child should do at that age.

but, her parents trying to make money and fame off of it?

she is waving around bottles of paint making a mess!

again, to the touchy people out there, i want to stress, i am not insulting what the girl is doing in any way, she is enjoying herself so much.

i am insulting the parents who are taking advantage of the situation for the financial benefits.

i am also insulting those who are primitively simplistic enough to agree with their idea of her being a "prodigy".

why are we not raising our children to be interested in renewable energy?

is this not a dilemma that their generations will undoubtedly be faced with?

are a majority of the adults today living in an ignorant bliss?

the answer is yes.

they cannot face the reality of the global situation that they, and the generations before them allowed to manifest.

I am sick and @#$! tired of the majority of generations before me, because they have not stood up and thought for themselves, but instead helped perpetrate the manipulative corruption that I, and other humans my age and under will HAVE TO FACE when the past generations are gone.

this story is just an example; the very tip top of the iceberg topic regarding the brainwashed population.

wake up people, this is a kid throwing and clapping paint all over the floor.

go fund research for radiant energy, hydrolysis, wind and solar power, or renewable energy in general.

our society has NO excess to fund this...

I also agree with this to an extent. My opinion is more situated around the fact that color is beauty, but I've never believe that paint spills and splatters should be considered masterful art. Give any four year old kid a room full of paints and this EXACT same thing will happen. This leads me to think some stuck up art enthusiast with a retarded mind said "hey look, this is art" and everyone followed. I love the fact that it's random and sporadic but the one qoute that comes to mind...

Ernst Fischer : "In a decaying society, art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay. And unless it wants to break faith with its social function, art must show the world as changeable. And help to change it."

Someone could argue that this is natural beauty, but I could vomit onto a canvas after drinking kool-aid and have the same natural chaos.

To each their own.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The little girl is having fun and this may be art or it may not since art is totally subjective. The little girl however is no prodigy, she's a little girl having fun with paint.

For those that say's she has found her passion..really? How many "passions" did you have growing up? At one point in time I loved painting then I loved woodworking then I loved drawing then I loved dancing then I loved taking care of animals all before the age of 10.

In my opinion calling her a child prodigy is just praising mediocrity, she's having fun with pretty colors as many kids do at that age. That's about it. As a side note I think society as a whole these days reward and praise mediocrity way to much and way to often.

What in her paintings make them worth 10K? Art as I understand it should have some depth, some meaning, it should be some sort of feeling or experience that the artist is trying to express. What experience is in this little girl's painting. Some may say she is expressing pure joy and happiness as only a child could and that would be right, give any child of that age a bunch of paints and tell them have fun and you would have similar results.

What is art and what is crap is really decided officially by a few people in the world, in the next year, next decade or next century what was once art may be crap and what was crap may be considered art.

Being a child prodigy means that you are exceptional in your field, that your skill far exceeds your age. That skill level could be quantified in all natural sciences but not in art since its so subjective.

On a personal note abstract art was never something that intrigued me. I don't lean anything from it, it has no story no depth no emotions.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
At first I thought big deal,it's just some kid making a mess with paint..but then when I saw the finished paintings I was like,there is no way that such art could be created by accident!

I could be wrong but until I see someone that young make such art by accident I will believe she has an unbelievable talent for painting.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Give paint to child
Give empty canvas
Go watch TV for a couple of hours
Call the mess created : 'abstract from a prodigy'
Put it on the internet for sale
Profit!

Pure genius

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Could Pollack or Picaso have painted a beautiful realistic portrait of a person? Probably, because they were skilled artists even though they preferred to delve into abstract paintings.

Could this little girl paint a beautiful realistic portrait of a person? I have seen no evidence that she can. Why? Perhaps because she is not the skilled artist that some claim she is. If she is indeed a prodigy she ought to be able to master the tools of her chosen media and produce one.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Abstract art makes people cranky :-)

Art – it’s my thing. It is overwhelmingly a part of my life and who I am. Even when I’m not making art – I’m always thinking about it.

These are the sort of conversations I live for – and I always make the mistake of thinking they can be had with a certain amount of joshing around. Humor. Civility. I’ve made that mistake before, in other threads...

You know Spira, I like you. But liking you doesnt give you free reign to butcher what I am saying to suit yourself. Its an abuse of our friendship.

Let me ask you Illusions – do you never notice all the smileys? :-)

It was neither – butchering or abuse. If you can’t poke fun with friends – with who then? You came on pretty strong in this thread – I thought you were up for it and I couldn’t resist. It won’t happen again, rest assured.

I never said, anywhere, that giving her paint was a mistake. And, I could not have been more clear that I think art is wonderful for 4 year olds. And I also could not have been more clear that what his mother is doing is not "enabling a genius to follow their passion" but "creating genius through trickery, deception and betrayal of their friends for their own selfish reasons."

You said: Passion requires that YOU be able to choose how to direct your energy, and her parents are setting it up so that they are directing her path. She is four.

That was me trying to point out that this mad, happy, art possessed little creature was just sitting there waiting for her medium to find her – the rest was bound to happen. Her parents, in a way, had no say. But I should have spelled that out more clearly and not been so glib

Sometimes glibness just won’t fly :-)

We see the world differently... you see deceit and abuse (for lack of a better word) where I see something else. My father was a painter – I grew up with paint. I was painting by the time I was three. He not only encouraged me – he pushed me. He pushed because – he thought he saw something. He did not have to force me or set me on any path – it was all my idea – believe you me. I consider his time, attention and nudging a gift that will last me the rest of my life. I tried things and went places I might not have were it not for that kind of direct attention and encouragement. All of it was out of love and with love.

You see a pushy mother – nothing else

I asked if you’d watched the video because I thought the truth of the entire matter would be self evident: she is in the zone, and what she is doing is definitely not playing. Or, it’s not just playing :-)

... But Mozart really isnt the best example here for your case. Music can be objectively analyzed and someones "genius" can be ascertained. Its like math, you either hit the note, or you do not. The emotive quality, the timing, that may be a little more subjective. Were this child painting still lifes, or portraits, one could argue genius for the same reason. It would display a talent not held by other 2 or 4 year olds. Intention would be clear.

And that is the whole ball of wax – right there. It is subjective. Subjectivity is a squishy, unstable place where many people never get their footing or feel entirely comfortable. When we can’t see the flower or the tree – there’s nothing there for people to evaluate simply because it’s not something they are familiar with. But – if you took the time and studied it, I’m not saying you would come to love this form – but you might at least begin to see – it’s definitely not nothing. I came to abstract art fairly late – my work is pretty representational – even if it is sometimes surreal. But – once I slipped into that mind frame and started to get a feel for ‘the language’ of abstract art I fell in love with it.

I explain all this not to convince you to try and appreciate it – but mostly to take my best shot at explaining: we lovers of abstract art...we are not stupid or crazy.

:-)

Simple as that

This art - it isn’t a plot. It isn’t a ploy. There is no deception or conspiracy in the big picture, but to be sure - there are many who would take advantage of this art form just as surely as there are people who would take advantage of anything else in this world. What can we do about that I wonder?

Mozart is as good an example as any – but we understand music as a group in a way that we don’t understand visual art. He had a gift – it was recognizable. His father saw it – what were his options? What parent in their right mind would not encourage this miracle? I once thought the racing of horses was cruel – until I met someone that explained to me how much their horses love to race. The world of horse racing is a mixture of things – much of it is cruel – and dishonest.

But the horses – they love to run.

...This "style" is so subjective that critics cannot tell if an adult or a two year old made the work, and they cannot identify a recognized "genius" by his work. In other words, someone is a genius because someone with influence says they are, and other pass the title around for fear of looking like a fool if they cry, "the Emperor has no clothes" in snobby and cliquish art circles.

The Emperor's New Clothes argument is such a magical thing. It makes it possible to never be wrong. Even when we’re not right – we still get to be not wrong.

I’ll give you another magic argument – it’s a fair trade: ‘You Don’t Understand What You’re Looking At’. Same thing in reverse. The artist can never be wrong with that one.

This is why no humor – just anger. They’re both used to wound and deflect. Art is personal.

This sort of argument usually goes just like this – back and forth.

I know you’re trying to make a case for this being a complete fraud with dishonest stage parents trying to make a fortune off their own flesh and blood – making a fool out of the entire art world in the process.

I suppose it could be exactly the way you say it is, except for the fact that that first show was two years ago. Since then there have been interviews, programs, endless speculation, hundreds of articles – and now a new show.

In the end – it’s still going to be a matter of opinion

nobody wins :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join