It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

John Zorn is good but it isnt terribly complex, very rythym driven with one instrument primarily a stringed instrument or sax playing solo, Lets see Zorn play this wicked solo which was made up and recorded in the same take

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
im not being funny, but i bet if a gave my 4 year old son lots of paint, canvas and other art equipment he too would come out with something like this. Modern art sucks in my opinion, and i think thats what people are looking for in this little girls paintings. Not that i am an artist or anything, but to me, modern day art can be things like an untidy room and such nonsense

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You seem to know less and less the deeper we go, You do realize the piece refferenced is 8 feet by 10 feet? Thats a big canvas And also may I add I can create a similar result. No dont go back and make a liar of yoursef Pollock didnt plan this piece no pant flinger does it just happens. You seem young are you very young?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

John Zorn is good but it isnt terribly complex, very rythym driven with one instrument primarily a stringed instrument or sax playing solo, Lets see Zorn play this wicked solo which was made up and recorded in the same take

ahhh ur music preferences are now starting to show. for the record i wasnt saying zorn was really complex just merely using him as an abstract point. love that third album by funkadelic. we can agree on this.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You seem to know less and less the deeper we go, You do realize the piece refferenced is 8 feet by 10 feet? Thats a big canvas And also may I add I can create a similar result. No dont go back and make a liar of yoursef Pollock didnt plan this piece no pant flinger does it just happens. You seem young are you very young?

*hits head* lol
who is saying he planed it piece by piece? im not. im saying if u seem to think u can make a polluck piece YOU have to plan it piece by piece. you cant any other way. it wont be a perfect polluck but merely a bad copy.

edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
WOW! this made my day. Thanks OP for sharing. I'm keeping my eye on her. Just think what she will be creating in a few more years...amazing

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
I love your thread OP and I really really enjoyed seeing the little one having so much fun.
BUT....almost all the children I know do the exact same thing.
If the little girl was painting portraits at that age...well, that I would call a prodigy!

I agree..pretty much all children could do that given the supplies,and place to do it.

(tried to say it in a subtle way in my first post)

I'm sure Rosie O'donnell has a few like this painted by her kids. (she has a huge art room similiar )

As far as what makes art so valuable?? This I could never understand..I don't understand why anyone would pay the prices they do for certain artists.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trower
WOW! this made my day. Thanks OP for sharing. I'm keeping my eye on her. Just think what she will be creating in a few more years...amazing

My guess is pretty much more of the same...

Though I will admit..I think its nice stuff,and I would hang it up..but I wouldn't pay for it.

I'd rather hang up an abstract my kids made,and I'm sure many of you out there feel the same.
edit on 26-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am an artist. This is not artwork of anytype. A child does not have the life experiences to even understand emotions. Art is emotional expression and or a representation of real life. These images produced by the child hold neither. It is a child having fun that is all.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

As far as what makes art so valuable?? This I could never understand..I don't understand why anyone would pay the prices they do for certain artists.

its a game of capitalism. simply a game. why is a diamond worth what its worth? rarity? there in lies part of the answer.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

But that would be totally against the abstract ways of piece. It happens all the time people throw paint down and pass it off as a famous paint thrower and artists, critics and experts agree its the real deal when its just copying their actions and style. Well its off to work for me have a good one lets continue this one later

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I'm sorry...but this is horrible. This is just a great marketing campaign and a 5 year old girl who dribbles paint on a canvas. I have at least 20 of these same "paintings" from my youth tucked away somewhere in my parents basement and I'm horrible at art.

This is one of those perception of art over quality of art artists. I mean if she was painting something real, something amazing, at her age, then I would be very impressed. This is just kindergarten art to me.

Sorry!!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
*sigh* just wish i was a famous artist who could shove my toddlers 'paintwork' under an art critics nose so he could say how uninhibited it appeared and what a statement it made lol. Instead her many imaginatve, innovative pieces are gonna stay where they are, pride of place on my fridge!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by gabby2011

its a game of capitalism. simply a game. why is a diamond worth what its worth? rarity? there in lies part of the answer.

hmm..still..a diamond is a diamond....what makes art valuable because it is rare?

I have a few pieces that are rare?? (chuckles) They might not be by anyone that was made famous by dying..but none the less one of a kind..and rare.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But that would be totally against the abstract ways of piece. It happens all the time people throw paint down and pass it off as a famous paint thrower and artists, critics and experts agree its the real deal when its just copying their actions and style. Well its off to work for me have a good one lets continue this one later

then if that would be against the ways of an abstract piece then what make u think u let alone a child can do a pollock? pollocks pieces were his recording of his movements with brush and paint to put it very simply and mundanely. u can record ur movements with brush and paint but it wont have the same appeal because its 2011 not 1950. people try to forge things abstraction or representation. makes no difference.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by LadySkadi

I'm sorry...but this is horrible. This is just a great marketing campaign and a 5 year old girl who dribbles paint on a canvas. I have at least 20 of these same "paintings" from my youth tucked away somewhere in my parents basement and I'm horrible at art.

This is one of those perception of art over quality of art artists. I mean if she was painting something real, something amazing, at her age, then I would be very impressed. This is just kindergarten art to me.

Sorry!!!!

I'm sorry you don't appreciate the beauty of abstract art.

I do....and have matted and framed a few things my children did in school. (also have gotten compliments on them)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
[q

hmm..still..a diamond is a diamond....what makes art valuable because it is rare?

I have a few pieces that are rare?? (chuckles) They might not be by anyone that was made famous by dying..but none the less one of a kind..and rare.

not ART but certain types of art. not many rembrandts going around out there. they arent growing on trees. diamonds aren't either. hard to get. now whether they have an intrinsic value of their own? LOL doubt it. we place that value on things. a diamond is valued because of its hardness and rarity. a rembrandt is valued because of its skill/beauty and rarity. leave it to good old capitalism to give u a price tag.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Had a few seconds left to reply. Im saying anyone can make a mess with paint it's easy Will mine be as "important and soulful" as people perceive pollocks? No way Im a no body the only reason people liek his art is because someone made him famous. If i threw a bunch of paint haphazardly without thinking of how it will look and it just all ran into eachother and made a mess would YOU call it art? No you'd call it crap because I'm not an abstract artist. Im a musician, woodcarver, metal worker and I sometimes paint, but never in abstracts

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Had a few seconds left to reply. Im saying anyone can make a mess with paint it's easy Will mine be as "important and soulful" as people perceive pollocks? No way Im a no body the only reason people liek his art is because someone made him famous. If i threw a bunch of paint haphazardly without thinking of how it will look and it just all ran into eachother and made a mess would YOU call it art? No you'd call it crap because I'm not an abstract artist. Im a musician, woodcarver, metal worker and I sometimes paint, but never in abstracts

pollock was the first to do what he did the way he did it and greenberg took notice. thats why he is famous.
anyone can make a mess sure. not anyone can just make a pollock. bad copies... sure.

can u be original and get a critic to take notice?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am sorry ! There is nothing special about that little girls artistic ability. I praise the fact that she is having a ball and doing something she enjoys. Mozart, Michael Jackson...they had measurable "super" ability/talent. Blobs on a canvas = B+ at best.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join