It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Those ones that are just a bunch of overlapping shapes, painting color kinds of abstract make me laugh.... What could the artist possibly be trying to express, what possible story can that tell?

hi!

" Our reactions to abstraction and or representation also affect how we interpret any work of art. Many people accept Sheeler's artwork even when the abstraction is more pronounced, because the subject is still recongnizable. However, other people react adversely to simple, non objective shapes like those in Albers's paintings. Unfortunately, viewers who value representational artwork because they can easily interpret the subject matter often fail to see the intellectual metaphor and visual effects of the shape relationships; they don't appreciate how form itself may be the subject matter."

the story/meaning/narrative is in the form and colors. its bare essentials. stripped from its linear narrative baggage. it could tell something just with the elements of art and principals of design alone and nothing else. sometimes art relies on a traditional narrative and we miss or overlook its form/shape relationships and the language that tells. im not talking about whether its good or bad or making a judgement i am simply making a point about pure abstraction.

just speaking for pure geometric expressionist non figurative based abstraction in general not for the childs art least i be mistaken again.
edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey, my dog just pooped in his cage. He was in there awhile before I realised it and he smeared it around all over the plastic floor. It looks beautiful! I'm gonna hang it up in the kitchen and call it "Dumpy Dog Days." He is a prodigy.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This girl should paint the city

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oustlaw
Hey, my dog just pooped in his cage. He was in there awhile before I realised it and he smeared it around all over the plastic floor. It looks beautiful! I'm gonna hang it up in the kitchen and call it "Dumpy Dog Days." He is a prodigy.

already been done. not original. try again.

you might want to rethink that too because a lot of folks around here cant understand that type of art and so they will ridicule you or hate you with their own version of hateraid. and most of them have never taken an art appreciation course or have never stepped inside a contemporary art gallery. go figure.

and how old are you? how old is your dog? did your dog decide for that piece to be hung on a wall... if so you have an amazing dog. if not... no surprise.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I like the paintings, but I think most creative kids would do what she is doing here.

I think people might be seeing how much of a free spirit she is & reacting to that aspect of her more than the artistic ability...

To put it another way, if it was this guy painting these I don't think anyone would be calling him a prodigy...

-Bob
edit on 26/5/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
left brain prisoners....

probably explains why a lot of folks have a hard time understanding or accepting abstract art.
edit on 27-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I hope this passion sticks with her.
Often children when they get to their teen years will rebel and start to conform to their own personality traits.
It is rare for a young child to exhibit passions of their own and often reflect those of their parents.
Over time these learned passions become more tedious rather than a joyful hobby.
This is very similar to when young adults enter the career field and choose a job based on a hobby or passion, you become jaded and bored with it.

Hopefully this wont happen to her.
It's awesome she is allowed such freedom.
However her making money from this can make the situation a little more stressful and suspicious to others.
Money does funny things, hopefully she has other relatives other than her parents who will keep an eye out and make sure she is not taken advantage of as the worst offenders of this can be parents and that the money she will make will be tucked away safely for her to use as she pleases when she is of age.
I am strongly against parents making a profit from their children, this concept has opened many dark,dirty doors for people.
Procreating and exploiting their children to make a buck and gain fame..it happens every day look at youtube/Disney/reality tv shows and so on.
Even if the child does take on a talent that is profitable they should NEVER support the parents..and I mean not one bit.
Parents are suppose to be the life source for the child, not the other way around.
If you create a dynamic where the child is supporting their family it raises all kinds of emotional and self esteem issues as they get older and also put the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Also if you like her art or art of this nature don't be a fool and buy it or feel any sort of way about not being able to afford it.
Like many things in this world art has been tainted by money and prestige...It's nice to support other artist and I do on a regular basis but I only support those who are of a "purist" nature and also have rational prices or do trades.
Too many people go broke supporting others while neglecting themselves, for what? to show off? to make people think better of you? to gain praise? ..To me it's not worth it I rather have my own work or work of a loved one that may not be as "good" but has real meaning and emotion behind it.
When in all honestly when dealing with the art form this young girl uses there really is no such things as "good" or "bad"..My blind cat could create the same thing..but I'd cherish it and that's all that matters.

What most wont tell you..we all have the ability inside of us to create our own pieces of art.
Buy the supplies and let your mind go, don't over think it create how you feel with the paint and if you're daring enough experiment with mixed media arts..think of it as a conversation between you and whatever you are using as your canvas and your mind will open up, also use your hands they are the best tools you have.
I have been sculpting and doing polymer paintings for 10 years I have bought countless tools over the years and have hardly used any of them.
Don't fall for the "right side left side" brain myth if you feel emotion you have the foundation to be an artist.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

I think people might be seeing how much of a free spirit she is & reacting to that aspect of her more than the artistic ability...

exactly right. the triggered emotions are in response to how they feel about her. not that she is a skilled artist. a love of the concept over the actual form.

your link doesn't work. you can't make that claim on me, because i'm a prisoner to my right brain.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Amazing little girl, she has amazing talent.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

exactly right. the triggered emotions are in response to how they feel about her. not that she is a skilled artist. a love of the concept over the actual form.

your link doesn't work. you can't make that claim on me, because i'm a prisoner to my right brain.

link fixed thank you.
im agreeing with the claim made in the video and questioning if that is part of the issue on this thread. i dont know who you are or what you believe in so it stands to reason i can decide whether you are a prisoner of any side. im making an assumption on those who have a hard time understanding abstraction from previous posts. thnx.

and thats B.Morrison's quote not mine. not sure how you got me mixed up with him.

edit on 27-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

i judged too quickly. that video went in a different direction than i thought it would with the caption "left brain prisoners". i agree that schools shove students into molds, and creativity is frowned upon.

i know it wasn't your quote. i agreed with it, said some things, then moved on to the video. i tried to reply to both at once. it may have gotten muddled in the process

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I am a primary school teacher myself and I just see normal creative child. OK, very cute creative child.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i judged too quickly. that video went in a different direction than i thought it would with the caption "left brain prisoners". i agree that schools shove students into molds, and creativity is frowned upon.

i know it wasn't your quote. i agreed with it, said some things, then moved on to the video. i tried to reply to both at once. it may have gotten muddled in the process

all clear! thnx.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The art world is getting pwned by a 4 year old girl.

As it should be.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Please. She's got artistic parents, who obviously never really made it big. She's really no different than those moms who dress their little girls up like barbie dolls and parade them around in fashion shows, her parents are obviously living vicariously through her.
What for, too? She's a four year old splattering paint on a canvas. There's not thought or structure into it, she's four, not the next Picasso, though people are making her out to be that. I used to paint and draw for years, and even after five years, I still was awfully #ty at it. People who make a huge deal about a four year old splattering paint on the canvas, are basically giving real artists [Who work hard and strive to make beautiful paintings] the middle finger. It's offensive and crude, even if people don't even realize they're doing it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
BEAUTIFULL.

I never realy cared much about abstract art (always thought it was crap) but after seeing this little girl happily creating such works as these, it made me realy look at the work.

The first painting on the very first post realy spoke to me, i thought of the power of the universe, i am not by nature a person who thinks art can move you in any spirtual way, but after seeing this i did feel very happy.

After watching all the negative crap on the internet and TV, it was a breath of fresh air to see this.

thank you for posting it

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

I think you perhaps took the rant a little bit too far, so what if the parents are getting rich. What else are they going to do, reject the money? Or maybe they should give it all their 4 year old daughter?

reply to post by LadySkadi

Apparently the professionals who saw the Art (without influence, who knew nothing about her) thought otherwise.

Art is in the eye of the beholder...
And some eyes apparently don't see art worth getting excited over.

If you ask me, it's visually pleasant and very creative, but any child could make art like that. The fact a non-programmed child made it is why some so-called professionals are sensing the free spirit vibe, art with no preconceptions about what art should be. It's perfect abstract art to be honest.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

lololol?? This is art? Ask her what the picture means.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
awesome , if and when I have kids their bedroom walls are going to be one giant canvas !

Just to add , for those thinking we should get our kids interested in science and energy and space at an early age , yes thats great , but if we cant get our kids to openly express themselves , then they may never have the great ideas and imagination to come up with future science

Art is humanities last great bastion of hope , art in music , art in sculpture , performance art . without it us humans would be nothing more than mindless drones !
edit on 27-5-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dannijca

If you know anything of art at all , any artist does not need to explain what their art means.
Art doesnt need meaning

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join