It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

You beat me to it!

I was very impressed with her balance and symmetry with regard to her use of color and shape.

Just look at the painting that features those cubes; the way she has repeated the shape in a different color and configuration on opposites sides of the canvas in such a way so as to reflect the transition of color from left to right.

Rather sophisticated for one so young!

The terms "genius" and "prodgedy" have implications and connotations in our society that I hope never darken this young artist's vision.

Just let her paint.

And to those who would criticize this young artist: if you don't like what she paints, walk away!

If you do like her "work", be prepared to pay whatever she (or her guardians) demand; it's her's to sell or to give. It is not your place to criticize the artist for placing "too high" a value on what is the product of the artist's own labor.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Bhadhidar because: clarification of a rant's target.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
have all the haters left the building?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Perhaps those who are left are now free to enjoy the many varieties of art that moves them, without the negativity...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Sorry. I am still here. Not really a hater, I just don't have an eye for this type of art. I guess I am just one of the unwashed masses. I wonder if this girl can paint a decent portrait of a person, one that is recognizable? Or perhaps a still life that shows a mastery of the tools of her trade? I am just wondering....maybe I can learn something new.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

No apologies. I don't necessarily have an eye for Abstract art myself. Not sure if that's the big picture though.. For me, the big picture is something akin to "art comes from within" and I think that's what defines "Artist" .. but that is IMHO. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Think I'll leave the thread with this thought: I wonder if this little painter (Aelita Andre) thinks of herself as an Artist, a Prodigy, or has yet to label herself at all... Perhaps it's the rest of us who have done that for her...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19fd615f638a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

Hello there. I see a lot of anger and frustration in you. Many of us here on ATS are very aware of the topics that you addressed, and even topics more pertinent than those. Many of us are just as fed up as you are. But do not let your frustrations with the system blind you to all else.

Some of us are born leaders, politicians, intellects, doctors, researchers, teachers, musicians, and artists. It is self-limiting to expect everyone to become a politician because our government is corrupt, or to become a scientist because the environment is messed up.

The thing you need to understand is everyone is not a born politician or scientist.
The REAL issue is waking everyone up to realize their own personal mastery.
The problem is that we have a society of sleeping masters. Sleeping leaders, sleeping politicians, sleeping scientists, and sleeping artists that never manifest their full potential.

Don't be angry because Aelita Andre is not a politician or scientist. She is free and awake. She is a master of art. Watch the entire video clip of her. This child understands technique, originality, and expression through art.

The world is balanced and needs balanced. Everyone is not a sleeping politician. Wake everyone up and we will have masters in every domain.

It isn't often that i find such well stated words. Beautiful. I love the "sleeping masters" idea.

This girl...i can see the value of her art. Just not a style i appreciate. Not a big fan of abstract.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Apologies to the sensitive people here, but I have to agree, this child is not a prodigy.

If she happened to pull off a painting like say for example, something akin to ... La Giaconda, or something along the caliber of the Sistine chapel, then yes, she would be a prodigy. But hey, if people want to spend their money on the little girl's art, well it's their choice, but I would never pay more than say 5 dollars for something kindergarteners can do at the closest school to me.

Beauty and art etc.. are in the eye of the beholder, those paintings are not art to this eye.

Agreed.

Mozart was a prodigy.
This child is not.

Mozart made real music. And played it too, when he was 2 to 3 years old.
That's a prodigy.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wish I had my own studio when I was two!
Would be interesting to see an artist of such a young age style develop over time.
I just hope being classed as a "prodigy" wont give her the wrong idea of what she is doing.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by j3n9ls31dy
i find it utterly disgusting that society has come to literally praise such "prodigies" as this one.

i find it completely unrealistic to even call this child a "prodigy".

i am becoming very tired of parents taking advantage of their children for the purpose of marketing and making money.

our society has come to focus upon things like movie stars, american idol, hollywood, main stream "musicians" like the atrocious noise that blares on every radio station today. lady gaga, katy perry, JUSTIN BIEBER,

this child is no different.

sure, she is having fun, and that is perfectly great, that's what every child should do at that age.

but, her parents trying to make money and fame off of it?

she is waving around bottles of paint making a mess!

again, to the touchy people out there, i want to stress, i am not insulting what the girl is doing in any way, she is enjoying herself so much.

i am insulting the parents who are taking advantage of the situation for the financial benefits.

i am also insulting those who are primitively simplistic enough to agree with their idea of her being a "prodigy".

why are we not raising our children to be interested in renewable energy?

is this not a dilemma that their generations will undoubtedly be faced with?

are a majority of the adults today living in an ignorant bliss?

the answer is yes.

they cannot face the reality of the global situation that they, and the generations before them allowed to manifest.

I am sick and @#$! tired of the majority of generations before me, because they have not stood up and thought for themselves, but instead helped perpetrate the manipulative corruption that I, and other humans my age and under will HAVE TO FACE when the past generations are gone.

this story is just an example; the very tip top of the iceberg topic regarding the brainwashed population.

wake up people, this is a kid throwing and clapping paint all over the floor.

go fund research for radiant energy, hydrolysis, wind and solar power, or renewable energy in general.

our society has NO excess to fund this...

So what if the parents take control of a 4 year olds future. good on them. Thats what your beef is isn't it? your parents did not give you a future....
edit on 3-6-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I completely agree.

As a tool for younger children, "Modern Art" is a handy way to get children who are struggling with form to be able to make something that can be labelled as 'art'.

Students usually know their limitations and that their work is not good to them. Teachers praise it and the world continues.

I am a secondary teacher, but I have worked in middle schools and worked with primary students.

This girl has 'created' works which adults will praise. Perhaps she will have a financially secure future through 'Art'. While it may be a con to many, I wish I could have a financially secure future through splashing paint around!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

They are amazing

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I agree with the other posters who claim that this is just stage-managed by her parents. They are out to make some cash and I am sure they will.

I don't really think this is about art vs art or what is art.

It is really about two artists finding a way to make money. In this case, it is through their daughter.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBERT3

I agree with the other posters who claim that this is just stage-managed by her parents. They are out to make some cash and I am sure they will.

I don't really think this is about art vs art or what is art.

It is really about two artists finding a way to make money. In this case, it is through their daughter.

Was Joe Jackson out to make money from the Jackson Five?

Capitalism does funny things to people.

We will see if she continues progressing in her talent or if she leaves it because it was never in her to begin just a parent theater money making machine. Time will tell.

edit on 13-6-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join