It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
4 year old, Aelita Andre, an amazing little girl with a big heart and a lot of talent...

The Prodigy of Color

The story of how Aelita became a worldwide art sensation is an engaging one. Both of her parents are professional artists, and so paper, canvas and paints were always available in abundance as their daughter began to explore the world around her. Like many children, she loved to express herself artistically from an early age – but her parents’ trained eyes were able to see that there was something breathtakingly unique and powerful about her work that bore no resemblance to common childhood scribbles.

Without providing any information about Aelita, her mother first showed her work to the curator of an exhibit she [Mom] was participating in and the curator was so impressed by the artwork, he asked to meet her. Undaunted by her age (she was 2 years old then) he believed the quality of her work should be viewed along with the other talented and professional artists and since then, she has become internationally known with collections held in Europe, Asia and Australia.

As you would expect from someone with such an impressive biography, Aelita’s art has a raw power that leaves viewers with a majestic impression of pure talent unearthed. Magnificently unrestrained, she channels a curiosity and vivacity so strong that it can easily be felt through her paintings, almost as if it constitutes a tangible force in the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d1e5b31621c.jpg[/atsimg]

Yet despite all her fame and international travel, she continues to maintain a child’s innocent perspective, letting her non-judgmental, hectic perceptions and fantasies spill out into her art in a passionate flurry of color and form. What results has a whimsical sense of freedom and movement, as if anything could happen at any moment – and that, if it did, we would all be ready to jump in and engage with whatever it might be.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0412cc1d0afb.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is a 13 minute film highlighting the abstract child painter, Aelita Andre, at work in her studio.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Amazing!!!! THanks for the post!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

She's like a miniature Jackson Pollock! I expected to see a little girl wildly throwing paint onto a canvas, but she actually looked like she was thinking about where to place the squiggles and colors. I can't wait to see what she can do when she gets older.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I guess Jackson Pollock has decided to reincarnate.
This is really awesome.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
thanks for showing this. I can feel it. super cool parents. great vibe

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is very inspiring. Proof that beauty can flow from us at any age. I hope she continues to paint her entire life. It would be very fascinating to see how her style would change as she grew up. One day, her work could be something beyond anything we've seen, an entire lifetime documented in paint. Amazing.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

“Aelita's art is an antidote to the oppressive qualities of expectation in western painting.”

Home

+87 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i find it utterly disgusting that society has come to literally praise such "prodigies" as this one.

i find it completely unrealistic to even call this child a "prodigy".

i am becoming very tired of parents taking advantage of their children for the purpose of marketing and making money.

our society has come to focus upon things like movie stars, american idol, hollywood, main stream "musicians" like the atrocious noise that blares on every radio station today. lady gaga, katy perry, JUSTIN BIEBER,

this child is no different.

sure, she is having fun, and that is perfectly great, that's what every child should do at that age.

but, her parents trying to make money and fame off of it?

she is waving around bottles of paint making a mess!

again, to the touchy people out there, i want to stress, i am not insulting what the girl is doing in any way, she is enjoying herself so much.

i am insulting the parents who are taking advantage of the situation for the financial benefits.

i am also insulting those who are primitively simplistic enough to agree with their idea of her being a "prodigy".

why are we not raising our children to be interested in renewable energy?

is this not a dilemma that their generations will undoubtedly be faced with?

are a majority of the adults today living in an ignorant bliss?

the answer is yes.

they cannot face the reality of the global situation that they, and the generations before them allowed to manifest.

I am sick and @#$! tired of the majority of generations before me, because they have not stood up and thought for themselves, but instead helped perpetrate the manipulative corruption that I, and other humans my age and under will HAVE TO FACE when the past generations are gone.

this story is just an example; the very tip top of the iceberg topic regarding the brainwashed population.

wake up people, this is a kid throwing and clapping paint all over the floor.

go fund research for radiant energy, hydrolysis, wind and solar power, or renewable energy in general.

our society has NO excess to fund this...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Fabulous.

Exactly how art should be created. Free of influence, playful, inventive and always being fascinated by the flow of thick colours mixing on a surface. It reminds me of work I did when I was well into my 40's.

Little Aelita makes me want to once again revisit that experimental time when I also splattered paint as much on myself and the floor as the canvas itself. Those were the best times.

Thanks for posting and that vid was inspirational.

+45 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is by far the most ridiculous article I have ever read.

Those paintings are nothing more than the product of an unattended child, a canvas, and some finger paint.

I am not trying to be insensitive, but good god.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Art is in the eye of the beholder, and abstract art for me means nothing. I do however have to say that I enjoyed the first painting very much. The video also seemed to show a vibrant lovely girl enjoying colors. The parents need a good pat on the back here.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProbeMeNotBrother

Apparently the professionals who saw the Art (without influence, who knew nothing about her) thought otherwise.

Art is in the eye of the beholder...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
This is a 13 minute film highlighting the abstract child painter, Aelta Andre, at work in her studio.

"A little kid throwing around paint and making a mess," was my first reaction.
I was skeptical. However, after watching the clip of Aelita Andre in action, I must say she is tremendously talented! It is obvious she uses technique and not random spattering. Great vibe!

P.S.
What's with the Illuminati gesture at the end of the clip?

Perhaps I am making connections that aren't there :p

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Before many more months go by, I intend to own an art gallery. It has been my lifelong dream and will soon be a reality. If I was fortunate enough to be able to show Aelita's panels in my future gallery, it would make me grin from ear to ear.

Visual arts have a wide range of possibility and it is NOT the creator, nor the act of creation which are important... it's the visual impact when it comes to abstracts. Her works are amazingly contrasted, both in hues and depth. Her work carries no influence but her own.

As far as self-professed art critics are concerned, here is an apt quote from one of them:

As for the degenerate artists, I forbid them to force their so-called experiences upon the public. If they do see fields blue, they are deranged, and should go to an asylum. If they only pretend to see them blue, they are criminals, and should go to prison. I will purge the nation of them.

arthistory.about.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

P.S.
What's with the Illuminati gesture at the end of the clip?

Perhaps I am making connections that aren't there :p

I don't know, perhaps someone else picked that up? I haven't been able to get the video clip to play, Flash keeps crashing. I'm hoping it'll work a bit later...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
oh yes the art is great, i really enjoy it, it is attractive to the eye, and i'd grin from ear to ear to be able to show this in a gallery.

oh by the way, google search the copyright owners of her work.

you might find their previous film creations...... just as interesting.

SNIPPED CONTENT

Admin Note: Please refrain from inserting pointless asides calling out the staff. Thank you
edit on 26-5-2011 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was at a group art show last Saturday night and there were 122 quite impressive works on display. Considering each artist involved (yours truly included) could only submit two recent works for the show, you can understanfd the motivation that we would all put our best work on the walls.

Many of us were lifelong painters, some had been to great art schools and most of us have had extensive experience in the visual arts.

One particular painting caused quite a stir. It was done in pointillism... tiny little dots of many colours and the subject of the painting was an Australian pastoral scene with a few animals (kangaroos, emus, etc.) evident in the foreground.

The artist was inspired by Australian aboriginal dot paintings and she was 9 years old.

+4 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

Hello there. I see a lot of anger and frustration in you. Many of us here on ATS are very aware of the topics that you addressed, and even topics more pertinent than those. Many of us are just as fed up as you are. But do not let your frustrations with the system blind you to all else.

Some of us are born leaders, politicians, intellects, doctors, researchers, teachers, musicians, and artists. It is self-limiting to expect everyone to become a politician because our government is corrupt, or to become a scientist because the environment is messed up.

The thing you need to understand is everyone is not a born politician or scientist.
The REAL issue is waking everyone up to realize their own personal mastery.
The problem is that we have a society of sleeping masters. Sleeping leaders, sleeping politicians, sleeping scientists, and sleeping artists that never manifest their full potential.

Don't be angry because Aelita Andre is not a politician or scientist. She is free and awake. She is a master of art. Watch the entire video clip of her. This child understands technique, originality, and expression through art.

The world is balanced and needs balanced. Everyone is not a sleeping politician. Wake everyone up and we will have masters in every domain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join