It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just couldn't stop thinking about the following scene while reading this article:

Not sure what else to say that hasn't already been stated in this thread. I'm glad the young lady is having fun but abstract art is just not for me. I fail to see the prodigy or genius in this.

Skyfloating sums up my thoughts with his thread The Modern Art Idiocy.

To each their own. After looking up some reviews online for this artist, one review stated she is either a genius or a sneaky joke on the artistic community. Which one it is will be in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
again im not arguing for the case of this childs art ... i can completely understand why you all or anyone would consider it crap. thats not an argument i was holding.

Moving the goalpost. You actually DID begin your argument rhapsodizing this girls talent, and when that position became less tenable you began to argue for abstraction in general.

the little girl who does the abstractions in the video is creating abstract expressionist pieces.... that rely heavily on intuition and feeling (unbridled spirit in a child) and a recording of it. free from the shackles of figuration. her compositions/form and choice of colors and the way she is able to play with the materials is something that some older abstract artists grow into after they had enough with realism. to a number of older artists having a childlike free spirit in your work is crucial. some older artists strive for this. some dont have it and create stale and very dry work. while her abstraction is nothing new (though what is new is that a very young girl is doing this) its still shows a level of maturity that comes from folks who learn the rules then break them. lots of good mature/older artists today are deskilling like crazy.

her work looks like something intentional. what is the difference? she intends to be free on canvas. could u be fooled by figuration technicians? just because someone makes something that looks like something doesn't make them impressive.

I also count several instances of name dropping, as someone else pointed out. What is your point? You are asking people to critique, and honestly, this thread is about one specific little girls art, and while abstract art in general certainly is on topic, you dont really seem to have a point, other than to continually try to make it seem as if anyone who disagrees with you is just not well informed.

And I will remind you, that many of these ill informed individuals made a much better, (objectively, in light of the facts) call on this girls talent than many of the "art lovers" in here did.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

She will get better when she gets older and then we can start to fully admire her work, Let's give her two years at least.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
All art is an abstraction to some degree. (Henry Moore)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So who gives a crap about Pollock and the ability to drip paint, You refferenced the crappy piece so I responded give me time off of work and I can cover a large area with paint drips

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

again im not arguing for the case of this childs art ... i can completely understand why you all or anyone would consider it crap. thats not an argument i was holding.

Moving the goalpost. You actually DID begin your argument rhapsodizing this girls talent, and when that position became less tenable you began to argue for abstraction in general.

d

nope. when abstraction in general was being attacked i argued for abstraction simple as that. you can guess my intention all u want till u are blue in the face.

the little girl who does the abstractions in the video is creating abstract expressionist pieces.... that rely heavily on intuition and feeling (unbridled spirit in a child) and a recording of it. free from the shackles of figuration. her compositions/form and choice of colors and the way she is able to play with the materials is something that some older abstract artists grow into after they had enough with realism. to a number of older artists having a childlike free spirit in your work is crucial. some older artists strive for this. some dont have it and create stale and very dry work. while her abstraction is nothing new (though what is new is that a very young girl is doing this) its still shows a level of maturity that comes from folks who learn the rules then break them. lots of good mature/older artists today are deskilling like crazy.

her work looks like something intentional. what is the difference? she intends to be free on canvas. could u be fooled by figuration technicians? just because someone makes something that looks like something doesn't make them impressive.

I also count several instances of name dropping, as someone else pointed out. What is your point? You are asking people to critique, and honestly, this thread is about one specific little girls art, and while abstract art in general certainly is on topic, you dont really seem to have a point, other than to continually try to make it seem as if anyone who disagrees with you is just not well informed.

And I will remind you, that many of these ill informed individuals made a much better, (objectively, in light of the facts) call on this girls talent than many of the "art lovers" in here did.

yes i do have a point... and again with all that you wasted ur time here replying to me with you still dont seem to understand that point and arguing with me about the point i made about abstraction. why the hostility? i simply made a point and i am not requiring anyone to agree with me. i dont look down on those who dont. my assertion was to say that not all abstract art is crap. thats it. nothing more and nothing less. the childs work here can be argued either way more easily. the fact that some folks here dont know abstraction and yet want to talk down about it is whats material to me... not this childs work.
edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

So who gives a crap about Pollock and the ability to drip paint, You refferenced the crappy piece so I responded give me time off of work and I can cover a large area with paint drips

cover it exactly the way he did? square millimeter by millimeter? GO FOR IT!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

She will get better when she gets older and then we can start to fully admire her work, Let's give her two years at least.

will do! lets see what she can do and if she progresses.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I agree,art is in the eye of the beholder,if people are willing to pay $10,000.for this girls paintings,so be it

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

bloody love Henry Moore... and Barbra Hepworth... amazing artists

I think the point here really is that just because someone doesn't understand what they are looking at, doesn't mean it's crap... it just means they don't understand it

I don't understand quantum physics (I cant even spell it!), doesn't mean it's all rubbish though
edit on 26-5-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I liked your idea of having her art put anonymously aside other artists works. Even maybe offering it under a different name. Would this art still stand up without the back story providing a predisposed bias? Would it still have the same impact if it came from a 20 something hipster or would "experts" (don't know how they can exist for something so subjective) pick it apart?

If this is her passion and she isn't just being pushed (or aided) by her parents I'm glad for her.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

bloody love Henry Moor... and Barbra Hepworth... amazing artists

I think the point here really is that just because someone doesn't understand what they are looking at, doesn't mean it's crap... it just means they don't understand it

I don't understand quantum physics (I cant even spell it!), doesn't mean it's all rubbish though

and thats simply the point ive been trying to make using the analogies of the doctor and plumber. i used the words ignorant and uneducated on a viewpoint. im uneducated on quantum physics. that doesnt mean im stupid or it doesnt mean i should take offense to it! why the hostility right?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Please watch this people, 4 year old girl plays the piano.

Now this is AMAZING! watch through the pictures and there's a video of her playing.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's cool and all and I'm glad she's having fun and creating "art", but literally anybody can do this. I actually think hers are much more engaging than Jackson Pollock's or Ernest Wilhelm Nay. Her paintings remind me of an explosion of energy, creating life in every corner of the universe.

However, as I said, anybody can randomly throw paint on a canvas and call it "art". Take Banghi the chimp. She was given canvas and paint and allowed to freely make a mess everywhere. A zookeeper took the "paintings" to an art critic and the critic believed that they were actual works of art by Ernest Wilhelm Nay. What does that tell you? That this style of "art" is bogus and even a monkey can make a mess of colour all over a canvas?

Even still, I'm glad the little girl is having fun doing what she's doing. But then again, what little toddler wouldn't have fun making the most epic mess of their lives in paint?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Millimeter by millimeter my buttocks! shows how well you know the efforts of your hero Since you like quotes "To create this and his other drip paintings, Pollock began by tacking unstretched, unprimed canvas to the floor. Armed with a can of enamel paint in one hand and a stick or hardened brush in the other, he walked around—and even on—the canvas, dripping and pouring paint."--The MoMA.
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: err. err. err.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
thats great! lets see if a child can play some John Zorn!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

yeah I am surprised by the mass hate in this thread, I never knew art was so dividing or that people felt so strongly about it, even the people who don't get it

i guess people are passionate abut it both ways, love it or hate it

personally I love all art, especially my kids drawings, they are true genius! well to me anyway - maybe I'll post one here and let all these critics break it down for me

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Millimeter by millimeter my buttocks! shows how well you know the efforts of your heroes Since you like quotes "To create this and his other drip paintings, Pollock began by tacking unstretched, unprimed canvas to the floor. Armed with a can of enamel paint in one hand and a stick or hardened brush in the other, he walked around—and even on—the canvas, dripping and pouring paint."--The MoMA.

um he is not my hero. where are u getting that from? u said u can create a pollock given enough time. well if so... then u should be able to complete it exactly. if u can't then its not a pollock piece. its simply a bad copy. if its so easy that a child can do it... go right ahead! should do it without having enough time to do it. u dont need to get off work to do it if its so easy a child can do it right? LOL
edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

yeah I am surprised by the mass hate in this thread, I never knew art was so dividing or that people felt so strongly about it, even the people who don't get it

i guess people are passionate abut it both ways, love it or hate it

personally I love all art, especially my kids drawings, they are true genius! well to me anyway - maybe I'll post one here and let all these critics break it down for me

abstraction brings out the haters!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join