It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Come on man.. No one is pulling the strings.

Reply: You think not, than why are you on ATS? This site is basically trying to find out who in sam hell the real puppet masters are. You need to do some serious research.............I can back up my suspicions with quotes from some very knowledgeble people:

There is a power so organized, so subtle, so complete, and so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - Woodrow Wilson

The three aims of the tyrant are, one, the humiliation of his subjects; he knows that a mean-spirited man will not conspire against anybody; two, the creation of mistrust among them; for a tyrant is not to be overthrown until men begin to have confidence in one another -- and this is the reason why tyrants are at war with the good; they are under the idea that their power is endangered by them, not only because they will not be ruled despotically, but also because they are too loyal to one another and to other men, and do not inform against one another or against other men -- three, the tyrant desires that all his subjects shall be incapable of action, for no one attempts what is impossible and they will not attempt to overthrow a tyranny if they are powerless. - Aristotle

Divide and conquer - King Philip II

The phrase is attributed to Philip II, king of Macedon (382-336 BC), describing his policy toward the Greek city-states. In politics, divide and rule (also known as divide and conquer) is referring to a strategy of gaining and maintaining power based on the fact that many smaller opponents are easier to manage than one larger one.
The strategy includes:
* breaking up power alliances into smaller chunks that are easier to subdue/manage
* preventing small power groups from linking up and becoming more powerful

Effective use of this technique allows those with limited power to control those who collectively would have had a lot more influence.

Sources: latinphrases.info...

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

So you think no one is pulling any strings? Simply put down that remote, that XBox and do some studying on politics.........the name of the game in politics is manipulation, or pulling the strings. Now the 50m question is who is at the very top of the pyramid? That's the key question, and try to keep an open mind or you will never figure your way out of this maze.

It is a natural result of our policies. You can witness these conflicts on a personal level in your everyday life and then extrapolate simple experience into a basic understanding of the REAL (not imagined) forces at work in Western Cultures..

Reply: Eastern culture too........this political One World Order has now spread globally. Keep remaining asleep in the matrix with the blue pill you've taken. There is a possibility and note I say possiblity, (and I am in good company because if you research you will find many credible people are beginning to realize) homosapien, humanity, may not be running the entire show on Planet Earth.

On an individual level, if you and I lived together, I might smoke and drink and do my laundry at 11pm when you have to be at work by 5am.

You might feel that I am killing myself, my smoke that blows into your window upsets you and that I make too much noise when I am buzzed and screaming at the boxing match on TV. Since the washer and drier are just down the hall from your room, my laundry keeps you up when you need to be sleeping too!

I am not a bad guy.. I don't hurt people purposely, I don't steal, I don't wish you any harm.. I have a different lifestyle and different priorities and they are getting in your way. I make you uncomfortable and unhappy because I bring things into your life that you don't want to deal with.

Want to live with me?

Reply: I'll answer the last question first, no way, not with that arrogant heart, closed mind and know it all attitude you appear to have.

What is the comment about your smoking and drinking all about???? My son smokes (in the garage) and I have a glass of red wine at night before bedtime...........no smoking and drinking do not make me uncomfortable. Don't understand why you mention those very human traits. BTW: While sitting outside waiting for my girlfriend to pick up a bottle of Merlot and six pack I counted 16 people in 14 minutes enter and 10 different people (not the 14) leave the liquor shoppe, so drinking is no big deal unless you are the sort that drinks so heavily that you go outside naked and fall all over the place and iss in my flower beds. What you do within your four walls as long as it does not affect me does not concern me.

And getting back to White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti black bias, yes - According to my own life experiences, I being a white female this time around (I believe the soul possibly goes through many incarnations and last time I could have been an aborigine for all you know) but this time around I have found many blacks to be anti-white.

You don't make me feel uncomfortable because I don't have to live with you or near you........I have a nice big house that sits on a nice big piece of property and all my neighbors are very good people, we all get along just fine. We live and let live. But I am fortunate that I don't have to live in a rabbit hutch and put up with cockroaches, cigerette smoke, and I love the smell of curry wisping over from my Indian neighbors, I was tempted to go begging for whatever they were cooking for dinner that night.

What does make me feel uncomfortable is the ghetto trashy raunchy "style" that has swept America, no class - so I chose not to deal with it. I watch very little TV and sit in my office / library and read and research. We have a few close friends and life is good here in suburbia, and yes some of our friends are black and some are Native American and some are of Asian descent, variety is the spice of life.

I sometimes do my laundry at 3AM, don't have to work.

When the Bears or Bulls play we have four men in my home that could drown out your screaming in a heartbeat.............we're a pretty rowdy bunch during playoff seasons.

If I DEMANDED that you be required to live with me but that I can not be forced to respect your needs, how would you feel?

Reply: You cannot demand I live with you, so that is a moot point. As far as respect, I believe as long as someone, anyone believes in or lives a lifestyle that does not hurt or intrude upon another fine, I'm good with that one, however don't try to ram the trashy, ghetto, low class, hip hop culture down my thoat and I won't try to ram Vivaldi, Brahms, Shakespere or John Williams Waterhouse down your throat.

No scale it up to a vast scale, where a social and political system are exploited by alien cultures in order for them to force your lifestyle to serve their interests. It's the nightmare houseguest writ large. While most cultures around the world do NOT accept the influence of outside cultures so easily, Western Cultures are being strong armed by invading cultures.

The most amazing aspect of it all is that the West is bedeviled for these open policies while simultaneously having those very policies exploited in order for outsiders to force their own cultural values on the host.

Reply: Ahhhhhhhhh now your hitting the nail on the head and it's not "western culture" taking hold. Haven't you notice that we, all of humanity is being by and larged mixed into one homogeneous mixture, we're being molded into one mold to make it easier to control us. (Start researching with Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs and The Threat by David Jacobs.

The west is "racist, hegemonic and imperialist".. while supporting investment in infrastructure, education and agriculture in 2nd and 3rd world nations on a level never before seen and having the most accessible societies that have ever existed.

Reply: No, not the west. It may appear "the west" but in actuality it is the New World Order (read 1984 and Brave New World)........all indigenous peoples and their spirituality beliefs are systematically being eliminated in order to assimilate humanity into a global society that will be easier to manage.

If anything, the conspiracies are coming from the outside!

Agreed, but possibly and I say possibly because I unlike you do not know it all, say that when you stated "outside" you have no idea how far outside could possibly entail.

My guess is you are fairly young.

At your age, I thought I knew it all too...........everything was black and white (pun intended). Now that I am older it appears almost everything comes in shades of gray. Nothing is as it seems.

Divide et impera

Now I can only relate my own experiences below:

Highschool: I was a quiet, hippy / nerdy / jock (had friends in all circles), on the swim team, just a very quiet nice kid. I was cornered by five black girls who threatened to beat me up when one called me a bitch whitie.........her boyfriend had mentioned he thought I was cute so she was going to mess me up. Now there were five of them and one of me. They cornered me in a dark lonely hall, backed me up against a corner (don't do that to a farm girl that is use to baling hay, cleaning out a barn every morning and can lift as much as a most men. I was short and thin with good muscles...........anyway X grabbed me first by my breast, I grabbed her by her throat and swung her into a wall so hard she slumped down unconscious.........the other four ran away and got the principal. The principal seeing the five of them and the unconscious girl who was four inches taller than me and outweighed me by 30 pounds believed my story that I was attacked and told the five girls if they ever ever bothered me again they would be expelled.

And the girl X the next week came back and wanted to be my friend because "You are one tough little white girl"

Next: My husband who marched for desegregation and got to actually meet and talk with Dr. Martin Luther King had a big knife held against his throat while we were on a city bus riding to a John Lennon Concert, we were the only white people on the bus and the driver that didn't do anything.

I was always raised to be respectful and kind to everyone...................I personally have had a lot of problems with blacks being very mean.

On TV it isses me off how commercials portray white males as stupid and black males as smart, it's reverse discrimination.

We use to live in the city but because I had a 36-24-34 figure and long brown hair (and I dressed in jeans and tees) I was constantly bothered by black guys, making really ignorant and crude remarks.

Well, we moved to the suburbs the day after I was almost raped going grocery shopping............by a bunch of black men and here I sit in the burbs, wouldn't move back into the big city if you paid me to.

Oh and by the way, one night, getting off night shift walking out into a parking lot at a large city hospital, I had a big (45?) gun held to my face and told to get in the car with a bunch of black guys.........I politely said, "no thank you" and walked to my car thinking all the while my life was going to end before I even hit 21.

Well those are my experiences................and I have always stood up for all of humanity but my own experiences - are all I can comment on.

For you young ones out there that think drugs, hip hop and dressing up like whores on Rush Street is new, it's not - If I had a dollar for every ghetto gangster I put in a morgue drawer, I'de be rich.

Whatever floats your boat, just don't intrude upon mine. I can and will defend myself. I want to live in peace and love but I can and will defend myself if cornered.

edit on 25-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Racism only occurs when somebody turns it into a race issue. If you act like a jerk, I am calling you a jerk, and I don't care what color you are. Its not because you are white or black or a jew or asian, its because you are an idiot. Carlos Mencia said it best when talking about white people. He said white people have no problems yelling at another white person who gives them bad service at a McDonald's, but if a black person gives them bad service they just accept it because they don't want to appear racist.

The political correctness of this country is pathetic. Nobody wants equal rights, they want special treatment. They don't want to be acknowledged as an equal, only a superior. Criticize Obama and you are white? you are a racist. Protest against a gay rights parade? Homophobe. Calling George Bush an illiterate monkey? You are a comedian. Call Obama an illiterate monkey? Racist! Labels exist for every aspect of life, and if somebody gets their feeling hurts its discrimination.

Not sure how well known the Christain-Newsome trial was here in Knoxville over the past few years, but a young white couple was murdered, raped and tortured by a group of black people. Never was the world racism mentioned, but reverse the roles and jesse jackson would have been here in 10 seconds with naacp and everybody he could get.

Evil people are evil, stupid people are stupid, only desperate pitiful people play any race card.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I just thought you were saying all Jews are white.

And the elite of the USA are Jewish and the majority of the people that own the media corps and hold positions of power within the fed reserve and the foreign affairs.

That is not baseless at all. It has been observed and proven time and time again, let me guess it's anti-Semitic? So I guess all the dual Israeli/US guys who push for EVERYTHING Israel wants is in our anti Semitic paranoid minds?

And the flow of information isn't owned by all pro Israeli interests and pushes the agenda against THEIR enemies in every possible fashion?

I would say, if you said that the majority of the elite were not Jewish that would be a baseless and untrue statement.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

lol. So you think racism doesnt exist?

second

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

I didn't say they weren't, I meant that the fact that some of them may be Jewish is completely irrelevent and it doesn't mean they are any less 'white' than George Bush for example or any other white American.

It's still a white elite, majority white upper and middle class. There's hardly bias against white people in America, if it were true that there was institutional bias against white people there wouldn't be a white dominated media, economy and culture.
edit on 25-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This had been going on for quite sometime... simple evidence has come from our extremely bias mainstream (govt issue) media.
Racism is considered a white person acting against a black person... the media and programmed public does not perceive it the other way around as when a black person acts against a white person.
Either way you slice it (to me) it's racism.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

www.nydailynews.com

Anti-white prejudice - considered almost non-existent in the '50s - is now perceived among white Americans as a bigger problem than anti-black bias

The numbers suggest "that whites also linked the decrease in anti-black sentiment over the last half century to an increase in anti-white bias over the same time period," the authors wrote.

Blacks also saw an increase in anti-white bias, although in much, much smaller numbers: from 1.4 to 1.8.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This guy knows the score.

Free, discusses the dangers of NAFTA and who's really to blame for the immagration problem. Also the rumblings on the internet about the coming Race War. Is America in Peril?

Know who your real enemy is..................and this guy spells it out for you.

Now with the next video below keep in mind this guy is of hispanic descent, so this isn't little old white me saying this..........this is a hispanic person.

What it is going to boil down to is good vs bad people no matter what color you are. Personally I care nothing for your color of skin just your mind set. This is a good video

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by earthrider

Good post...............and you hit the nail on the head.

The media is owned by TPTB and they are trying their hardest to stir us all up.

What they do want is tension and fighting because than they can call up Marshall Law............see the videos in my last post. This guy knows the score.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Fair enough, I understand what you're saying.

Sometimes I feel as if these people aren't actually white, or they're white when they need to be. Like when they want to kill Arabs they are white. But when they face criticism they are a separate race that is now "persecuted"

When they fund oil companies and other things related to the holocaust they are white.
But when they get the finger pointed at them they are a different race that has been persecuted by the whites.

I'm not even convinced a lot of these people are ACTUALLY Jewish. I have Jewish friends that are baffled by the things happening. I think they are whatever they need to be to get the upper hand at that time.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

I agree... although I have no problem at all confronting anyone with an issue whether they are black, white, yellow, red, or rainbow colored.
I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood. As kids we all picked on one another equally and had the names to go along with our ribbing. We certainly didn't distinguish ourselves according to color and religion, but we definitely used it against each other whilst busting each others chops. Additionally, we all had respect for one another (as our PARENTS taught us). We were a tightly knit community.
This country is NOT moving forward (as much as most people would love to believe). The government/media wants us all to live in fear of one another and most people are not smart or open minded enough to see this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Have you ever seen white people nerd-rage about the fact that rap music is mainstream?

That has to do with the quality of the genre than racial prejudices, IMHO. I doubt people would rage if for example, jazz was mainstream..

You think so? What I've found is that the people who complain the loudest about rap and hip-hop tend to have never actually listened to any of it. Their opinion is entirely second-hand. Here. I'll tell you exactly what every white person who's never listened to rap says about rap. Bear in mind, this is verbatim, every single white person uses this exact same line, it's freakin' hilarious;

"All I know is they go driving down the road and all I hear is umpba-umpba-umpba and someone screaming about how he's gonna kill yo nigga's bitch momma and stuff."

Some minor variations include the mentions of "low riders" and "jungle music." Adding to the hilarity, many will then make an exception for Eminem. Ironically, Eminem is the one most prone to rapping about killing someone's bitch momma.

White people don't listen to a lot of rap, generally. That's not a problem, really; black people don't listen to very much country in general, and Asians don't tend to listen to very much corrido. Perhaps everyone's lives would be enriched if they did (even though corrido is just gangsta polka. Yes, that's what I said) but that's beside the point. Blacks don't feel as though they have the authority to decry white society for listening to country music. You don't hear black people loudly complaining about the rednecks cruising by in their pickups, singing about how drunk they're gonna get 'cause their girl ran off with their dog, do you? No. Are black "experts" on the TV telling everyone how terribly detrimental country music is to society as a whole? Nope.

Also? Free jazz is garbage. It sounds like an elephant farting through a clarinet, scaring a cat that then runs across a piano keyboard.

Casting a black guy to play a role of a nordic god described as "the whitest of the gods" is quite rage-inducing..

Except that in the Marvel Universe, Thor, Heimdal, Odin, etc... are freaking space aliens who steal their names form earthling mythology.
edit on 25/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Oh.. the strings are being pulled. It's people like you that WILL not think outside the provided box that make comments like "the strings are not being pulled" or "why would our own government conspire against us?"
There is a very large picture that most people cannot perceive (or WILL not). They are in denial.
If the complete and pure truth was revealed to us all the majority would still bury their heads in the sand and NOT believe it. People do NOT want to believe that the government does not have our best interest in mind.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earthrider

Pardon me?

I do not believe our government has our best interest at heart...................you have never read my post correctly then saying what you did.

Read my location.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by Fiberx
the Host culture is being torn apart by the demands of outsiders.

Our policies of multiculturalism are a failure and if we are not careful our roots and cultures will be swallowed by what is largely a flood of 3rd world cultures (these are the people that do not integrate most often). Once this happens the nations that suffer this fate will collapse (if the incoming cultures were effective they wouldn't be flooding into western nations for food and safety!! Just logical.)

Unfortunately I think it is largely too late for our shared cultures to survive.

That's what happened to ancient Rome.

No, that's what racists who don't know squat about history claim happened to Rome.

Rome was "multicultural" from day one, when it merged the celtic Latini tribes with the remnants of the Etruscans, and then absorbed the Sicilian Greeks and Alpine Celts. At the dawn of empire, forced by Julius Caesar, the Gauls, Iberians, Galacians, and Dalmatians were brought into the empire, and it all worked just fine. Africans, Egyptians, Jews, Persians, and Cappadocians were added shortly after, and the empire still cruised along merrily for five hundred years.

Rome's fall had nothing to do with the ethnic or cultural composition of the empire. It had to do with a series of civil wars sparked by Christians and Everyone Else battling for supremacy, followed by two hundred years of Imperial power struggles. While the City of Rome was diverting all the empire's funds into the personal battles of the ruler, the borderlands of the empire began to fray and fall apart. it reached a point where there was no benefit to being part of Rome any more - especially after another power struggle split the empire into the wealthy Eastern empire and the dirt-poor western empire. Finally, add in steppes horsemen fleeing drought and pushing the German tribes in front of them, and you've got a recipe for a collapsed state.

The Western Roman empire fell due to political corruption and mismanagement. meanwhile the much more ethnically and culturally diverse Eastern empire persisted into the Middle Ages, before finally being bested militarily by the Turks - and that only after Crusaders sacked the empire in the 4th crusade.

So... yeah. You and Fiberx are totally wrong. How's that make you feel?
edit on 25/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

And your point is? This comment has nothing to do with the study. It just seems like you're trying to claim that all African Americans teenagers respond in an ignorant manner.

And to everyone complaining about anti-white bias: cry me a river.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Adillin2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adillin2012
reply to post by Skewed

And your point is? This comment has nothing to do with the study. It just seems like you're trying to claim that all African Americans teenagers respond in an ignorant manner.

And to everyone complaining about anti-white bias: cry me a river.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Adillin2012 because: (no reason given)

Okay. Well, if bias is good enough for me, then its good enough for you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think i'm reading your comment incorrectly. Am I being biased because I don't feel bad when the most powerful race of people in America pull the race card? Or am I being biased because I pointed out that Skewed was making a comment that had nothing to do with the article (and he/she seemed to be insinuating that all blacks respond the same way)? Please explain

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey, if bias doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter. Suck it up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Thanks for your intelligent and well thought out response.

Whatever you're talking about has nothing to do with what I'm saying. You can feel free to try again but I'm done with our convo.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Either bias matters, or it doesn't.

If that's too complicated for you, that's not my fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join