It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

www.nydailynews.com

Anti-white prejudice - considered almost non-existent in the '50s - is now perceived among white Americans as a bigger problem than anti-black bias

The numbers suggest "that whites also linked the decrease in anti-black sentiment over the last half century to an increase in anti-white bias over the same time period," the authors wrote.

Blacks also saw an increase in anti-white bias, although in much, much smaller numbers: from 1.4 to 1.8.
(visit the link for the full news article)
The BIGGEST problem in America right now is not white vs black or hispanic vs asian or any RACE issue. The largest UNSEEN problem is **CLASS DISTINCTION.**

If you want to see the GREATEST DIVIDE, then compare *low income* Americans to their *high income* counterparts --of the same race. That's where the TRUE DIVIDE rests. Take a low-income "ghetto" African American sit him/her down at the dinner table with an upper crust African American. Take a low-income "white trash" person and sit him/her down at the dinner table with an upper crust White person. Take a low-income "latino" and sit him/her down at the dinner table with an upper crust Latino. You get the idea.

The divide is NOT racial as much as it is CLASS. However, MSM (Main-stream Media) will have you *believe* it is racial more than class. Not so. THEY want to divide you, incite you and thus CONQUER you. Don't buy into racial warfare. Do believe that RICH people want POOR people to ***FIGHT AMONGST THEMSELVES***.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Phenomium

I don't respond to you because to do so is very off topic.

But if you insist. I'm so tired of you people who think you get to tell me what it means to be a woman and don't like it when you don't get to define what that means. I'd say more, but everything else I have to say is outside the TOC. It also might involve extrapolation on the vegetable and non-mammalian aspects of the genealogy of people with similar view to what you've expressed.

I never once told you or anyone else how to be a woman. Not even women these days know how to be a woman. I merely convey my detest at what women have become. They used to be loved, brought families together and were (at one time) great mothers. A job bigger than any man had. But what happened? Femininst came along and dangled the capitalist carrot in front of your faces and your greed set in. now we are left with nothing but hated mothers, no families getting together nearly every man and woman that get's married gets a divorce, usually at the request of the woman, who gets everything in court, including the children....who she can't even raise properly because women today no longer know how to handle children. It's just too bad that we men can't get into bed with the government instead of with our marital partners, like you women seem to have done. You sold your souls. Women these days, have essentially become dumb to what is natural to a woman, which has forced men to pick up their slack...this explains the whole Metrosexual movement which is deplorable. To me, that is a b@stardization of nature. Women can't be men, yet they try. Just face it. YOU CAN"T BE US. All you women did by getting into the workforce was destroy every opportunity for children, men AND women. Why women? Look around. Had you stayed home......we would have HALF the problems. No nancy Pelosi, No Condi Rice, No Oprah, No Hillary Clinton, no stupid brain-dead Sarah Palin. You guys bring nothing to the workforce but despair and the whole country is about to implode because of it. I can't tell you how to be a woman, true. But then.....not even YOU know how to be a woman.Women can't even cook anymore....the ONE thing you were actually good at. Now, the way I see it as I look around......women these days are good for nothing but making a man want to kill himself and making sure their children either end up on a battlefield or in prison. I have been married twice and both wives know nothing about cooking or raising children, I have actually had to teach them....and they still can't learn.Women these days are innundating the news with stories of how the mother murdered their children, just so she doesn't have to take care of them. Request it, and I will find you many links as proof. It's sad when the men know more about raising children than the women and we still have to work and fight for our jobs that you women are taking away simply because the government favors you because of feminism. You guys couldn't function in this world today, if you didn't have feminists cryig about everything so you can get your way.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2388

Aaron I totally agree with you, Racism is just that racism. I wish people could move above skin color we focus too much on what seperates us not what unifies and defines us as a whole. I personally think "racial slurs"(what the hell is a racial slur anyway:@@
are just words and people give those words strong meanings, take away the perceived seriousness of the word and look at for what it really is, its not serious at all. It's just a silly noise a human creature makes that somehow hurts another human creatures feelings. Basicially we need to grow up

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

But it's just that HISTORY it's done and over people need to move on. My great grandfathers were run off and destroyed by the white man our whole civilization was destroyed. I hold no resentment because that was well before my time. You dont hear me lobbying for a special history month.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
what's truly ironic is how white people often dont seem to understand that even their FEAR of becoming a marginalized minority after decades or even centuries of preferential treatment based on class/race is racist in and of itself. Being fearful that all other racial-makeups will be as unfair to them as many are to minorities belies and underlying racism.

Unfortunately, most think racism=bigotry and therefore dont grasp the subtle ways in which racism actually manifests. So I grasp that these thoughts will go over most's heads.
edit on 26-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

But it's just that HISTORY it's done and over people need to move on. My great grandfathers were run off and destroyed by the white man our whole civilization was destroyed. I hold no resentment because that was well before my time. You dont hear me lobbying for a special history month.

Racism is not "over". Racism did not end when slavery was outlawed.

Where did you get such a silly idea?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Racism is not "over". Racism did not end when slavery was outlawed.

Where did you get such a silly idea?

Yeah, why would racism end? It gives blacks too much power over others. The perks of being a victem in America are by FAR better than if they were 'equal'. Look at all of the laws and policies protecting them. Thats why it keeps being perpetuated by guys like Sharpton and Jackson. If they wanted racism to REALLY end, the black community would make it a SHAME to be a 'gangsta'. They say its their 'culture' but it didnt come from their ancestors or their host culture. So clearly black 'culture' is a lack of culture. A culture of emulating the dress of ex-prisoners, a culture of unashamed materialism, of sexism and violence.

So yeah, of course racism isnt over. And they dont want it to be.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's obvious white people are discriminated against unfairly. Racial inequality is one of the few issues that's debated where you can point to tangible facts and prove something. Affirmative action, black only scholarships, black history month(White culture is racist). Etc, etc, etc. Then there are the intangible aspects where black people are openly racially discriminatory relatively often in public, while white people are scared #less to even accidentally do something that may come across as racist.

White people seem to invite it because they are too scared to stand up for themselves. They let anyone walk over them these days. If human history tells us nothing else, it is if you are weak and let people take advantage of you, they will.

EDIT: I forgot about the person saying "There is no white culture month because genocide is nothing to celebrate". HAVE YOU SEEN AFRICA, EVER? Genocide has been like the entire continents one consistent pass time since the birth of civilization. I think the idea of a holiday or month dedicated to any race at all is stupid, but it just goes to show how things are. Black people deserve a "history month" Because all white people have to honor is bigotry and genocide is what you're saying, right? I think I am racist against the entire human race, and if I hate you it is because you are an asshole. Not a black, white, mexican, or asian asshole.
edit on 26-5-2011 by dontshoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Fool thinks its in black and white.

sorry bud this one wasnt supposed to be directed at you forgive me

edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: oops

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It's over for most of us, people can hate if they want to doesnt make it right. Legally speaking racism is dead, end of story

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Affirmative Action made our country inept.

White US military folks were doing all the work while the minority military member got to sit on the sidelines reading their study material so they can make rank. They were never made to do their job.

So they get fast tracked to promotion and end up running everything. No clue on how their particular operation operates.

Affirmative Action...it's why all the smart white boys fled our military. And why now it takes shiploads of money to contractors to get anything done globally. People in Virginia and DC wanted it this way so they could make lots and lots of money running those contracts.

America's been robbed of Trillions.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ATS have had some racial threads before but this one allowed people to address the core of the problem. I suggest people reread The Walking Fox as well as PaganArchangel comments on this thread they are just two of the people, (and there were others) who broke it down as to why whites feel as they do and yet people are still saying the same tired stuff.

Those of you who are serious about wanting to know why others react the way that they do I suggest rereading the posts on this thread, quite insightful and clearly explains why it's going to be getting worse for those who have a problem with change.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
your right why isn`t there a `white pride day` or would that just be too racist
silly world we live in isn`t it.

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies
im shocked this article is out

for a long time now its been a crime to be a white man

its been a crime to say youre proud of being white

its been a crime to have a group of whites together to have a celebration of white culture

but every damn day we have to deal with hispanic pride and culture and all the other cultures that have been allowed to celebrate all of what they are while attacking the white guy

you say you arent happy with barack, RACIST

look at someone wrong, RACIST

call someone from a different culture a criminal, RACIST

RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST

this will keep goign and you know what will happen

white will become seriously racist, and then they will do REAL racist things

its like people are begging for the kkk to come back the way each group just keeps pushing each other

i guarantee within 5 years we see lynchings again

but this time, i doubt itll be black people swinging from the trees

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I won`t quote everything you said because it`s too long and would be cut for me. However you summed it up
nicely here below. Aeon `the other poster here`said there have been white slaves as well. I agree every era has had them. But now it`s a war between peoples of all races, intentionally being forced together with different values backgrounds and beliefs. Could this be why so many problems have arisen more within the Family in recent years, i say most likely. And the quote by king phillip II should be remembered. Every race who ever ruled on the face of the planet all have one thing in common. Controlling the populace for their own twisted means. They don`t want to make sure all human beings are healthy happy and free, but the opposite. Hopefully, people will wake up before they suffer more than they can fathom.

Good Post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Reply: Ahhhhhhhhh now your hitting the nail on the head and it's not "western culture" taking hold. Haven't you notice that we, all of humanity is being by and larged mixed into one homogeneous mixture, we're being molded into one mold to make it easier to control us.

Divide and conquer - King Philip II

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ouch, this thread is like a vitriol shower.

I'd just like to make a few points here, and this should go for all types of people.

If someone wants to rag on my nationality/heritage, fine. I have a lot of people around me who slag each other off at every opportunity, it's the humour around these parts.
If that person is doing it solely to be hurtful, aggresive and violent, they need to grow up.
If that person is doing it solely because of things done in the past, they need to start looking at the bigger picture.
If that person is basing their entire viewpoint on inaccurate stereotypes, they need to accept that they are wrong.

I am in the perceived skin tone majority. According to some posters in this thread, ethnic groups have a right to be mad at me and I should suck it up because of what went on in a history that I had nothing to do with. I will not. If the shoe was on the other foot and the roles were reversed, it would still be wrong and entirely self-depricating to humanity.

And people are bringing the elite into this? Sure, I share a skin tone with most of those leeches, but that's as far as it goes. Much like Spongebob doesn't represent any kind of coral reef culture, what the elite have done, and will continue to do, has absolutely nothing to do with me or those in my class, which as another poster pointed out is far more worrying state of affairs with the current divides.

So you can either continue to fuel the fires of seperation and enablement for the blight of racism, or you can take a concious step towards making things a little better for everyone. Step one is realising that racism applies to every group, then it can be slowly dealt with and we can all start beating this system together.

Unfortunately, I can't see this happening. Not within this century anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join