It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

www.nydailynews.com

Anti-white prejudice - considered almost non-existent in the '50s - is now perceived among white Americans as a bigger problem than anti-black bias

The numbers suggest "that whites also linked the decrease in anti-black sentiment over the last half century to an increase in anti-white bias over the same time period," the authors wrote.

Blacks also saw an increase in anti-white bias, although in much, much smaller numbers: from 1.4 to 1.8.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+21 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy, i'll soon go into how.

Firstly I do agree with this study, anti-white bias has seriously increased and there's no doubt about that.

Take any social issue you want and you'll notice that the U.S. is the most divided on that topic in the world, bar none!

Political Correctness has run amok!
Many people are only pro-black because it fits their political agenda and many whites themselves are anti-white.
Why not just be pro-people and leave it at that?
Politics that's why!

So how is this a conspiracy?
I believe it's to further divide the country and create a spring-like effect where you push a given group back and then they just naturally spring back(blowback).

This is to divide the country and possibly promote a race war.
But why?

A divided country will make the people the problem and not the Govt.
A race war will destabilize the region and promote a police state, then the police state will not be the problem but the perceived solution.

We can't just keep falling for this

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Divide and conquer. Nothing more, nothing less. As of late, it seems to me that TPTB are doing their very best to cause an uprising in the USA so that the police state can be implemented. Most of the groundwork is already in place.

The only remaining question for as far as I am concerned is:
Will US troops and police officers side with the government or will they side with the people in case of a civilian uprising?

For all my brothers and sisters living in the USA, I wish you all the best of luck and I hope that you can find the strength in your hearts to fight for what you know is right and true when the time comes- just like your forefathers before you did!

Edit: S&F OP.

IT--
edit on 24-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Keep falling for the governments racist *snip* and see where it gets you...In a early grave, probably....They already have 1 in every 31 American either in prison, in jail, on probation, on parole, or on some type of criminal watch plan...More than any other country in the world....ever.....just keep it up if you are for them.....they got a place for you......If everyone in the world was blind, the government would really be in a mess, wouldn't they...They couldn't push their racist *snip* then....
edit on 24-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by gallopinghordes because: please don't circumvent our censors.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree. White Christian Heterosexual Males are the only group in the US that can be legally discriminated against. It got to the point that I refused to "self identify" on affirmative action questionnaires. It is not so bad on the new ones since you can now claim mixed race as a choice. I used to always claim myself as a "Caucasian Male", now if anybody asks, I claim my Algonquin heritage.

+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In my opinion most whites, besides the openly racist ones, are very careful to avoid doing or saying anything that could be construed as anti-black, or racist. From what I have observed this is directly related to the fear of being labeled a racist. It seems to me, again based only on observation, that since most whites want to avoid that label, they will either go out of their way to avoid doing anything that could be construed as racist, or they may cave in to verbal aggression from pro black groups, etc...IMO this denies equality as a whole. If equality means equal, then how does showing favor to one race simply because of the fear of being labeled racist infer equality? See, even as I type this I am trying to be very careful not to "offend" anyone.

link   
While I don't agree that anti-white bias is more of a problem than anti-black bias, I do believe that it is now much more common than it used to be, and is more socially acceptable than anti-black bias (But I'm not in the US so my observations could be way off).

I do agree wholeheartedly that this PC BS is terrible, and unless its changed in the near future, it will run the risk of regressing society to a degree.

People Say the same thing about women, that it's not acceptable to 'man-bash' but of course is unacceptable in the inverse.

Indeed, at the end of the day, we are all people.

Unite against divisionism!

(Not the art)
edit on 24/5/2011 by BombDefined because: to clarify

edit on 24/5/2011 by BombDefined because: (no reason given)

link   
It's the same in the UK or at least i think so. It's considered offensive to sing 'bah bah black sheep' which for those who don't know is a popular nursery rhyme.

+12 more 
link   
Everyone needs a patsy. The greatest patsy is the established forces whether it be in politics or society. Blame whitey has become an epidemic of avoidence.

Look, all races, classes, religions et al, are predjudiced. It is natural to feel that you are on the right track, making the right decisions... If you thought someone else knew better, you'd be like them.

This is the fundamental reality of humanity and culture that no one wants to talk about. It isn't race or color at all.. it is culture, values, priorities and traditions.

Whites in America are feeling abused not because they are white but because we are the culture of origin for the American civilization (people love to argue this, but if you don't realize that the U.S. is Western European in culture of origin you are daft). In the US and increasingly in other European originated cultures around the world, the Host culture is being torn apart by the demands of outsiders.

Our policies of multiculturalism are a failure and if we are not careful our roots and cultures will be swallowed by what is largely a flood of 3rd world cultures (these are the people that do not integrate most often). Once this happens the nations that suffer this fate will collapse (if the incoming cultures were effective they wouldn't be flooding into western nations for food and safety!! Just logical.)

Unfortunately I think it is largely too late for our shared cultures to survive.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

If i could give you a million stars then i would!

You summed it up well, if you want to see what multiculturalism and the fear of being called 'racist' is like then visit Europe in particular France where there are many 'no go' areas which the governments are 'scared' (yeah right!) to tackle it. It's a growing trend in Europe and the west these 'no go' areas are and whites i feel are being discriminted against.

+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I went to the mall the other day, which is out of the norm for me as I avoid the mall like the plague. One thing that bugs me to no end is when people just stop right in front of you and in the middle of the walkway. Lately, I have become very vocal about trivial things like this and have found myself speaking out more readily.

I was on a mission to get in and get out of the mall. I found myself behind a few teenage giggly white girls and they just stopped and I almost ran right in to them. So I said something, was not rude but I was very direct about stepping to the side when they need talk and to keep the aisles clear or keep moving. They cordially replied they were sorry and stepped out of the way. No problem. Then after I obtained what I was after I managed to get behind a group of black teenagers, and they did the exact same thing, except I did rear end one of them, and I said the exact same thing to them as I had to the earlier group. Their reply was a different, to them I was being a smartass, and then one I heard made a racial slur towards me. But yet to them, it was completely acceptable to just stop in the middle of the aisle.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I have been researching the multiculti issues recently and have noticed a scary link between social disintegration/ economic collapse and changes in "country of origin" trends in European and American immigration statistics. I'll post about it when I get back to my desk.

EDIT --------------

Having trouble finding some of my data atm.

Here is the US immigration data for 1820 - 1996 though.

Immigration data by country of origin.

Logically, country of origin gives you insight to the cultural values and priorities that immigrants will bring with them. Familiarity and acceptance of the HOST culture is critical. Western societies are not inviting the world to replace our cultural values and traditions, we are inviting them to join us.

The idea WAS to have immigrants integrate into the successful aspects western cultures and to bring the best of their cultures into the mix while leaving the undesired aspects behind.

This is a very utopian idea in which one attains a more perfect culture by adopting what the host culture wants to adopt and asking the guest cultures to give up what the host doesn't want... It's not realistic for either party.

Cultural cohesion is important. It provides peace and safety through understanding and peaceful discourse as part of a gradual evolution. What we have created with our "open societies" is a pool of segregated and self serving forces that all demand that their own views be represented. Conflicting values create severe tensions in society and gridlock in politics. Trying to make everyone happy when they often seek opposing goals is a recipe for disaster and goes a long way to explaining why American and European politics looks like a comedy show gone mad.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Fiberx because: addition

Edit 2 -

Important to observe is the trends taking place between the 1941-50 column and the 1981-90 column.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

At one time, there was an effort to erase the race/color barriers to create a colorblind society. It was a noble ideal and one that drew in people from all walks of life in a day when racism and prejudice was rife across the entire contiguous 48 states.

That was then, this is now and the dream once inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King has been lost.

Today, it has become far more than merely acceptable... almost to the point of being officially endorsed by our own government, to openly discriminate against Americans of European decent. Instead of creating a society where everyone is on level ground, the outcome has become an ugly reverse of what it once was.

Do two wrongs make a right? Of course not but the logic is that white people today, through no fault of their own, are responsible for what white people did hundreds of years ago. Using this horrid logic, then we are all guilty of something regardless of who we are as individuals.

Our new and politically correct world is so thin-skinned today that we can't even talk about race openly without being attacked. Even on network television, Whoopie Goldberg nearly became violent with one of her co-hosts on the show, The View, over an issue of race. All the other woman had to do was to disagree with her... express a personal opinion, and it came close to physicality.

We did get close, at one time, to being able to be both proud of who each of us were and still make jokes about the ignorance of the past. The old movie, 'Blazing Saddles' took racism and ran it through a meat grinder that also gave us a chance to laugh at our stupidities.

That movie today would never get beyond government censors.

Unfortunately, Dr. King's vision of a day when all of God's children could join together to proclaim freedom for all at last, has been discarded.

Best

edit on 24-5-2011 by redoubt because: typo

+30 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I do find it intersting with American society. The blacks have the BET network, School and Universities for black students only, scholorships for black students only, music awards for black artists only and thats seen as a right for them because they are black. They can racially abuse a white person without recorse.

Yet, if you were to have a tv network called the White Enternatinment Network, they would be up in arms or the racist network, same would go for White only schools, universities, scholarship and entertainment awards. A white person has a dig at a black person and they get labeled a member of the klan. You can't have it both ways, you want equality, then stop doing everything to create a racial divide.

I'm not racist in anyway, but I am a realist. If you want to call me a white !@#$% (among other things) then I am going to call you a black !@#$% fair is fair.

If anyone takes offence to this post I really don't care, it needs to be said.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What's truly upsetting are the social-engineering reasons behind it.

1. They start with one socio-economic group who is getting the short end of the stick and not getting a fair deal.
  2. They notice that, in said socio-economic group, there are a lot of black people.
  3. Therefore we will now refer to that group as "black".

This mentality helps nobody (nobody) and only lends to a skewed view of demographics. If they want to help a group, simply help people based on economic demographics, not ethnic.

In a way, this is also how they keep both black and white people from ever realizing they are on the same page. If you help the poor people that look a certain way, it creates racial tension. Any tension between the citizens is good tension as far as the government is concerned.

Bottom line: White people need to quite blaming the skewed double-standard on black people. Blame your government and embrace your brothers, no matter their skin color.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BalderAsir
I do find it intersting with American society. The blacks have the BET network, School and Universities for black students only, scholorships for black students only, music awards for black artists only and thats seen as a right for them because they are black. They can racially abuse a white person without recorse.

Yet, if you were to have a tv network called the White Enternatinment Network, they would be up in arms or the racist network, same would go for White only schools, universities, scholarship and entertainment awards. A white person has a dig at a black person and they get labeled a member of the klan. You can't have it both ways, you want equality, then stop doing everything to create a racial divide.

I'm not racist in anyway, but I am a realist. If you want to call me a white !@#$% (among other things) then I am going to call you a black !@#$% fair is fair.

If anyone takes offence to this post I really don't care, it needs to be said.

I could not have said it better myself.

My girl and I were just reading this thread 20 minutes ago and I, too stated the fact that there's a Black Entertainment Channel, yet no White Entertainment Channel.

And you know if there was, the poop would hit the fan with the FCC and organizations calling it racist.

+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When a nation loses its culture it loses itself. The American culture was a Western European culture handed down from the founders who were overwhelmingly from England and Scotland. These people were white maybe it's not the politically correct thing to say but the truth does not adhere to political correctness. Now I am not trying to spark a race war because let me get a few things straight; 1. I do not believe in the supremacy of any one race over another, 2. I actually accept that there are large cultural, religious, and biological differences which make each race and ethnicity unique and different, 3. I seek the preservation of not only my race and my culture but the preservation of every race and culture on earth today.

There is a vast different between the recognition of racial differences and racism. For one no group is superior or inferior because of their race, simple as that. Now that does not mean one cannot or should not love their race/culture/ethnicity because naturally humans have a tribal mindset we inherently prefer those of us with similarities whether it be philosophical, physical, or emotional. Trying to reject or demonize that is not progress it is the scientifically calculated mental manipulation of the human psychological functions and should be condemned.

Today there still persists racism from each racial group, arguing against that is pointless. However compared to 50 years ago the racism has collapsed among individuals. The idea of supremacy is almost erased. But an issue is now being used to drive a wedge between individuals and groups for the advancement of a particular political agenda. By fueling the flames of minority resentment towards the white majority in Western nations combined with the institutionalized and societal political correctness the ability to speak freely of pressing issues have been silences, although not legally, it has been psychologically. When people are psychologically silenced then issues are swept under the rug but anyone with common sense can tell you that sweeping something under the rug only makes it worse.

Now that white Americans are feeling a sense of institutionalized racism directed towards them and an acceptance of anti-white thought by current society the sense of resentment will soon boil up. Then divisions will grow with the resentment. As the divisions grow people will take to violent means to solve their inner problems. Once this takes hold people will be forced to talk openly about a problem which for the past 30 years has been silenced. The problem which comes out of this however is that many innocent people will be hurt until we gain the strength to finally speak out, depending on how long that takes will also determine how many people will get hurt.

The social revolutionaries are playing with fire yet for some reason they do not see it. When they do the fears of "fascism" will be ringing everywhere. Only a minority of whites actually endorse these current practices yet they are being pushed through government. The minority is controlling the country with the disapproval of the silenced majority.

People are not opposed to immigration, per se, they are however opposed to the recent immigrants and social acceptance of non-assimilation. Many also fear the incorporation of negative cultural values from different groups being pushed upon them by the establishment whether it be government, entertainment, or other. Culture is the most important issue to me and I am sure it is to most of people around the world yet us here in the West are losing ours every single day.

I find it funny (not in a "ha-ha" sort of way) that there are so many self-hating whites. We are the only race on earth where a large section is intentionally trying to destroy the race/culture as a whole. They have some utopian ideas that these "suffering minorities" would not have done the same to the white people had they not been in the position of power. Even blacks sold their fellow blacks into slavery in Africa to the white man. Whites had whites as slaves. The Slavic European peoples were first slaves to those who occupied the Caucasus. The Native American tribes would attack and destroy the smaller tribes. The Mongol Empire savagely murdered and oppressed millions of Europeans and Asians for over a century. What makes this any different? Whites were the ones able to access the seas through technological advancements before the other races could.

Do these self-hating whites believe that the radical Muslims will respect and uphold their socially 'progressive' principles? Do they believe the Hispanic and Black racialists will protect them should they take over? They are self-hating and self-destructive. Nothing they do will help them. Nothing they do will guarantee that they are protected. To these radical Muslims, Hispanic and Black racialists, these white progressives are only the useful idiots like Lenin spoke of and they know one thing, "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend".

Keep hating yourselves, destroying your culture, causing racial/ethnic/religious divisions, making people angry, suppressing persons’ views, and perverting your own civilization. It will collapse and when it does millions will die. I care not what you desire or think, I love my culture, my country, and my race, and I will preserve each one through force if necessary just as I would expect anyone of a different culture, nation, and race would.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i live in atlanta (very ethnically divers) and work in ethnically diverse places. i hear more black people bring race into conversations than white people. i've heard so many black people say that white people need to "quit hatin on obama cuz he's black". thing is...most white people i know who don't like obama don't even care about his skin color. it seems that a higher percentage of black people have racially driven thoughts than whites, in my observations.

if i white person calls a black person the n word...everyone stops to look. it's like you could hear a pin drop. but cracker...i hear black people throw cracker around like it's nothing and no one bats an eye. when i hear a black person call me (or anyone) a cracker, i don't even care. i laugh cuz of how stupid it is to try and offend me by talking about my skin color. but...if i call a black person the n word...there's probably gonna be a fight.

it's as though it's ok for black people to be racist, as some form of retribution or something?

but here's a little scenario i present people to think about racism:

if you're a white person...and you walk into a big party...and all races are broken up into groups...there's a white group, a black group, a latino group, an asian group...you're gonna walk up to the white group first. it's natural instinct. and the same goes for black people. bird's of a feather flock together.

in most ways, i don't think racism is bad. it's prejudice that i think is wrong. but my definitions are different than most people's. to me...being racist simply means, in your head, there is a distinction between races. not necessarily a bad distinction. just you do see people of different colors and think about their race. it's more of a scientific thing to me. prejudice is disliking someone because of their skin color, before you even meet them. or even after you meet them and find out they're are pretty cool but don't like them because of their skin color.

i think that most racial divisions these days don't even come from hatred between races...i think it's cultural divisions. in atlanta...if you're black, you're probably about 70% likely to live in an urban area, where the majoirty of people listen to rap, sag their pants and yada yada yada. and if you're white and live in a predominantly white area and you listen to maroon 5 and never wear skirts above your knees and have promised yourself to jesus...well yeah...you may not like black people. but it's not that you don't like black people...it's that you don't like the way that the black people you know live.

it's completely ignorant to dislike someone before you even know them just cuz of their skin. that's like me looking at some chick with thin lips and just knowing that she's bad in bed cuz this one thin lipped chick chick i did it with back in high school was bad in bed. yeah...pretty dumb. hating someone before you know them is the most retarded thing.

but back on topic...i personally hear more racially charged statements come from black people than i do white people.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

United we stand, divided we fall.

We are being distracted, divided and dumbed down.

DDD

Read The Art of War by Sun Tzu, to conquer an enemy you must first divide him from within.

Now, we, black, white, yellow, red are all humans - homosapien.

The question is who are the real puppet masters pulling our strings?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa230d70dbcc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe it is against Christians or people living under Christian society. Black or White. It's divide and conquer.

Look at Jared Diamond's conclusions. You tell me that someone did a study saying white people were special and Jewish people have no defining characteristics in their DNA the ADL would be all over that study and anti Semitic would be screamed.

There surely is something happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join