It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
They should do a study on studies...

Enough said.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Have you ever seen white people nerd-rage about the fact that rap music is mainstream?

That has to do with the quality of the genre than racial prejudices, IMHO. I doubt people would rage if for example, jazz was mainstream..

Did you see the honest anger that Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall for "Thor"?

Casting a black guy to play a role of a nordic god described as "the whitest of the gods" is quite rage-inducing..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
It's the same in the UK or at least i think so. It's considered offensive to sing 'bah bah black sheep' which for those who don't know is a popular nursery rhyme.

Or even call a black board a black board, its now called a 'chalk board', when I was at school it was a board and it was black.
There's always going to be some sort racism no matter where you go, its either something petty like skin colour, where your from, your religeon, there is ALWAYS something driven between men ( and women ).
But we all have the same blood, we all live on the same planet, hell we all have probably even breathed the same air molecules as it goes around our globe so we are all one and the same.
The sooner we realise that, the sooner we can start evolving into a more mature and caring society.
Unfortunately there is always going to be someone who's scared of learning the truth of it and therefore trying to drive a wedge between us all just so they can be the one who's right.
Political Correctness is just a made up word for someone trying to justify their existance.
I personally treat everyone the same no matter what colour, religeon, sex or physical attributes they have, I treat them as they treat me, but if they have a problem with me then I treat them curteously even when they're mouthing off at me.
Treat everyone nicely and you'll get more out of them, treat them nastily and they wont, but the world today is all about self, hence no one cares and PC BS is used as an excuse for them getting their own way.

A friends neighbour is Pakistani and was great friends with my friend until my friend had to say no to something then it all turned nasty, if he doesn't get his own way he starts playing the race card and you see how many people backed down in the past, but these days more and more don't.
PC BS is just that BS.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
what the f ever, everyone knows the elite are whites, and use a black puppet like obama to make it seem like the united states is an equal country, they dont give a # about him, the ignorant black people in this country think they're better than whites because theres a black president in office right now and its retarded. im not saying all whites are evil nor that all blacks are ignorant, but these are simple facts commonsense

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BalderAsir
I do find it intersting with American society. The blacks have the BET network, School and Universities for black students only, scholorships for black students only, music awards for black artists only and thats seen as a right for them because they are black. They can racially abuse a white person without recorse.

Yet, if you were to have a tv network called the White Enternatinment Network, they would be up in arms or the racist network, same would go for White only schools, universities, scholarship and entertainment awards. A white person has a dig at a black person and they get labeled a member of the klan. You can't have it both ways, you want equality, then stop doing everything to create a racial divide.

I'm not racist in anyway, but I am a realist. If you want to call me a white !@#$% (among other things) then I am going to call you a black !@#$% fair is fair.

If anyone takes offence to this post I really don't care, it needs to be said.

There's no such thing as black only colleges.
Only historically black colleges, which are colleges that ONLY black people were allowed to attend due to segregation.
White people can attend them now.
Bet isn't even owned by black people.

This article is ridiculous.

I Doubt blacks ever went out in mass and hung white people and burned down churches, and even bombed them.

White americans always need a boogy man.
They went on to Arabic people since they realized black people weren't a problem.
edit on 25-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Oh yeah. Like we need more of this.

This just goes to show that some people insist on kicking the cow patty instead of just walking on by.

They know what's going to happen. They do it anyway.

It looks all dried up and crusty on the outside, but when it is shown the light of day there still remains a fresh pile of manure.

# disturbers.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 5/25/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/5/11 by SlackOps because: my bad...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i am half chinese and half white.... i have been ridiculed and picked on from all races... so that is where i get my view from.... so anyways.... i think that white people in general or actually less racist because they are expected to be racist and go out of their way not to come off as racist.... i can't read minds but just from personal observations and experiences... black people seem to be less racist too unless your white, but have the most derogatory vocabulary for everybody else but feel they have a right to lash out because they are black.... hispanics and asians are the worse, we are racist even against each other and there is a strong strong distrust for white people.... to asians i'm white and to whites i'm a chink...

These are just the conclusions I again i say I have come too.... I am a mutt an outsider to all racial groups... at least when someone is half black they can still claim they are black... but me.... haha... don't get me started on races.... for example i can't stand korean but for some reason i have a lot of korean friends....

if race is a factor in your thoughts then you deserve to be stereotyped.... it's about personal relationships with the individual and racial lines need to be dealt with.... race needs to just be thrown out and not even mentioned the word race should be weeded out of our vocabulary.... we are one species.... dogs don't attack each other because one is a pug and one is a labadoodle they fight because of the other dogs ACTIONS offended them and we should be the same.... judge each individual based on their ACTIONS not their skin color or even their words but their actions...

.... the reason why i say their words is because racial jokes seem to be the funniest and everybody knows a few racial jokes and shouldn't be judged by them.... if a racial joke strikes a nerve with you, its probably because you are a stereotype or afraid of being one and if youre afraid of being one then you probably are a stereotype and i have you to thank for making the joke funny

everybody just needs to get over the race issue because it's really not about race it's about CULTURE... so go get cultured in another culture and you will find things from each culture that you will love, hate, admire, and or find funny... .but the whole race thing..... bleh.... get over it

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia I'm a little confused as to why you didn't go to the source, if that was possible. When I see a survey or poll I always wonder who conducted it, where, when, how many people, etcetera.

FTA: "The report appears in the May 2011 edition of the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science."

The Daily News often leans toward somewhat tacky headlines for sales IMHO. As most news sources slant their articles I wonder what they chose to leave out of theirs.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Great post!
I think people tend to forget why these colleges were created or why BET was created. Although, most black people, including myself, can not stand BET.

IS there really a need for a WET channel when most TV shows do not contain black actors or actresses?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It ain't about black or white, because we're human.
I just hope to see the light before it's ruined - Tupac.

Everybody needs a boogeyman

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by priceless34
reply to post by DuceizBack

Great post!
I think people tend to forget why these colleges were created or why BET was created. Although, most black people, including myself, can not stand BET.

IS there really a need for a WET channel when most TV shows do not contain black actors or actresses?

They just like to complain.

White people had decades of all white channels.
It wasn't official, but it might as well have been.

They made fun of white people for decades, and take dumps on us, now that we do the same in return, they try to play the reverse racist card?

Should of sent us all back to Africa when you all had to chance.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...#

www.alasu.edu...

There's your white scholarships

It's a lot more than that, blacks and other minorities are advertised more, BECAUSE THEY NEED IT MORE!
Why would you advertise for a group of people who really don't need help?

Look at those "ALL black colleges".

I can post plenty of links to all black colleges, and I guarantee you most of them have white people.
So stop saying they're only "all black colleges".
You can go to historically black colleges no matter what race you are, as long as you qualify.

Also.
Notice where most of those universities are heavily located?
In the south!
And guess which place was more segregated than other parts of the USA?
The SOUTH!.

Stop complaining, white people back then didn't want us going to their schools, and FORCED us to create our own schools.
Now you're mad because we had no other means but to build our own establishments?

It can't work both ways doc.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The way I see it. its a rebound effect of all the "government protection" anti-prejudice polices that create paranoia amoung the "unprotected" (whites) and enables an disenfrancised ethnic group Afro-American and Latino groups to feel safe and protected,,with special allowances. How so you might ask, Have you ever worked for the U.S. governement in any capacity.. you are practically threaten by pre-employment programs to include EEO and sexual harrassment and its always been a black female who in my opirion had a threatening ...over bearing additude. To even voice an opinion in one of these pre-emploment classes could threaten your hiring process. The rebound effect of these governement sponsored programs is a residual "hate" and second class standing for whites who would like an equal opportunity to work too.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
The way I see it. its a rebound effect of all the "government protection" anti-prejudice polices that create paranoia amoung the "unprotected" (whites) and enables an disenfrancised ethnic group Afro-American and Latino groups to feel safe and protected,,with special allowances. How so you might ask, Have you ever worked for the U.S. governement in any capacity.. you are practically threaten by pre-employment programs to include EEO and sexual harrassment and its always been a black female who in my opirion had a threatening ...over bearing additude. To even voice an opinion in one of these pre-emploment classes could threaten your hiring process. The rebound effect of these governement sponsored programs is a residual "hate" and second class standing for whites who would like an equal opportunity to work too.

So you're blaming prejudice for people being scared to speak out against it.
Just because someone is black doesn't mean you should push them around, you seem soft.
I'm sure anybody of any race would be able to push you around, cause you wouldn't do anything about it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have to laugh at people who feel threatened by an "anti-white" agenda.
Really?
Are you serious?
Has anyone looked at the statistics regarding black men and women.
Have you check about the education stats or the abortion stats?
Or maybe you've seen the unemployment figures pertaining to black men or the extremely high school drop out rate or the astronomical incarceration rates or maybe you've seen the high murder rate or the single family home rate and the stats showing the number of children born out of wedlock?
And please believe....I'm not blaming anyone for any of these issues...
my only point is that things aren't so "anti-white" as they seem
...just another divide and conquer tactic being used..and I must say..it's working quite well...

How can anyone honestly says the tides have turns.
Black people have come very far but have even further to go.
This is all very commical.....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
that's the cool thing about prejudice:
ITS ALL ABOUT ME!
haha

divide and conqure
for stupid people
*sigh*
of course it works

after considering more than half of the black fetuses in the us are aborted - family planning
the under 25 yearold un employment stats for blacks is darn near TOTAL

whites are headed for equality all right
all equakwhahl to zero

edit on 25-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Casting a black guy to play a role of a Nordic god described as "the whitest of the gods" is quite rage-inducing..
I have to agree here. Just one more example of political correctness. gone wild. Political correctness is one of the major divisive factors in the US. How can people honestly say that casting a black person to play a Norse god makes any sense at all? It is purely a case of pandering. On the other hand, Natalie Portman's role could have gone to a black female with no such issue. Samuel Jackson taking Nick Fury's role is not much of an issue imo, but a Norse god?????????

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It's not different to having blue eyed blonde haired white men play Jesus in these biopic movies of his life, it's a movie, it's supposed to be art and even then it was based off of a comic book, it's no big deal.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It's not different to having blue eyed blonde haired white men play Jesus in these biopic movies of his life, it's a movie, it's supposed to be art and even then it was based off of a comic book, it's no big deal.
LOL, Yeah I actually have to laugh at that. Jesus was/is a Jew. How can people look past that?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A number of years ago, whilst working for a major, well known financial institution a colleague called accross the office that he was going to the canteen and asked if I wanted anything, I replied that I would like a 'black coffee' and was promptly given a 'final written warning' for being racist. Yet in the same company an 'Asian' repeatedly referred to many of us as 'Kafir' but never had anything said to him.
A UK company and all this happened in UK offices but they have alot of offices in the US also and I guess they would act the same.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join