It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies
reply to post by Phenomium

preach on brother

great post

shame i know many wont read because of its length but you speak truth

much respect for that

well said post

Thank you. You're right, most won't read. Those that do.....won't reply because it is true. they will only want to respond to those who have a loophole in what they say.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would also like to mention that many people haven’t lived through the real racist years .. I have but I only caught the end of it because around the 60's it started to be less racist .. About 1957 I remember having to go to my tap dancing lessons with my mom and my sister as she took ballet lessons ..

She would take the trolley car downtown and here we were sitting on this trolly it was just like a bus but it was hooked up to these live cables above the trolley car any how yeah me an my mom my sis were just sitting and this young middle age black woman got on the trolley and her little girl abt 5 yrs old was clutching her moms hand. and she found a open seat like towards the front or she was like maybe two seats away ahead of us.

Some rude person told her no N****s were aloud to sit up front she had to find a seat in the back .. I was really shocked to hear this as I was a little girl myself I was only 6. So before my time it was way worse than that you couldn’t live in certain area's you had no rights at all ..

Funny no one mentions those days on racist days .. and so let me ask you if you had to grow up like that all your life how would you view the other side ??? and don’t give me that garbage forget the past ..it ain’t about forget its about forgive .. and I don’t knock those who cant forgive because the damage is way to deep .

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spe;;ing

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is because all of the active propaganda, the political correctness, and the media brainwashing is starting to wear off. White people are starting to wake up to the reality around them. The racist word has been thrown at every white person for some reason or another for so long that it is losing the power that it once held to shut down debates and instantly deliver an ad hominem attack to any white person who happened to have an opinion about anything that certain people in this culture didn't like. Its effect is starting to shed like water off the back of the proverbial duck. The racism charge is ultimately untenable in any serious or intelligent respect, since most of the standard definitions of "racism" can apply equally to those leveling the charges against white people, despite academic and critical attempts to distort the definition of words. Also, in the United States at least, the assumption is, especially in the south, that every white person is the descendent of a slave owner, and therefore is, by virtue of their whiteness, complicit in the endorsement and perpetuation of slavery. A mere moments investigation will show that the vast majority of whites who lived in the south during the period of African enslavement were actually working in the fields alongside the slaves as poor sharecroppers. A relative handful of white landowners, relative to the rest of the population, were actually wealthy enough to own plantations, let alone own slaves. These facts are conveniently swept aside in current discussions of the topic. It is a fact of mammalian politics as a whole that we tend to feel most comfortable our own tribe, and to look at other tribes with an eye to potential danger. This is ingrained in our DNA, and no amount of social engineering will change it. The hypocrisy of modern culture in this regard is becoming plainly apparent, despite all attempts by the powers that be to cover it up with doublethink and public service announcements.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

It's not different to having blue eyed blonde haired white men play Jesus in these biopic movies of his life, it's a movie, it's supposed to be art and even then it was based off of a comic book, it's no big deal.

Well if you read your history books it's fair to assume that given in pre-islam times blue-eyed people were all over the middle-east thanks to the Celts, then Roman and finally Byzantine empire.

Now saying the same thing for a black guy in the middle of the Norse Pantheon of Gods is quite enother.
edit on 25-5-2011 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I agree
even people are that are pro political correctness they need to wake up to the fact that it's dividing the country way too much

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Try being mixed... and obviously mixed. I get it from both ends.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BalderAsir
I do find it intersting with American society. The blacks have the BET network, School and Universities for black students only, scholorships for black students only, music awards for black artists only and thats seen as a right for them because they are black. They can racially abuse a white person without recorse.

Yet, if you were to have a tv network called the White Enternatinment Network, they would be up in arms or the racist network, same would go for White only schools, universities, scholarship and entertainment awards. A white person has a dig at a black person and they get labeled a member of the klan. You can't have it both ways, you want equality, then stop doing everything to create a racial divide.

I'm not racist in anyway, but I am a realist. If you want to call me a white !@#$% (among other things) then I am going to call you a black !@#$% fair is fair.

If anyone takes offence to this post I really don't care, it needs to be said.

No offense taken, but I do think you're mistaken. With regards to the entertainment industry, BET was created because every other channel WAS(and mostly still is) "white entertainment television". same with the awards shows, which includes the academy awards where almost every oscar goes to someone of european descent. you get a couple black folks winning here and there, just enough to make it look like we're included, but, as someone in the business, let me tell you we are not. It's a situation much like how it is with colleges..everyone knows damn well the schools in poor black/hispanic neighborhoods are utterly subpar, overall, than in white neighborhoods. in the industry, a lot of the contacts that are made early in your career, contacts that can make or break your future, are much easier to come by if you're white than if you're not. It's who you know, not what you know. same in the music business, same in business, same anywhere.

People of color have never had the same access to this inside-baseball system. sure, we have our own, but it's not on the same level. I can't think of a single black person in hollywood who can "greenlight" a project. That includes spike. and will. and denzel. and samuel L. Maybe shonda rimes..Now, as far as the article goes..I don't see anti-white bias, what it is, is a lessening of white privilege. things have loosened up a bit. some of the stuff we couldn't get near in any profession is starting to come our way, simply because of the psychological impact of americans seeing a black man running the country, which destroys the narrative in everyone's head that black folks are stupid, lazy and so on. THIS black man is POTUS. He gives an order, and it's carried out. he gets the nuclear launch codes. So, now, simply being white isn't quite as potent as it used to be, some of you feel that loss, and it feels to you like bias. It's actually just a small leveling of the playing field, that's all.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

I've been treated very poorly based on a number of factors I have no control over.

Does it leave a mark? Yes.

Does it DEFINE me? No.

If it defines you so that you hate, then you've merely become what you hate.

For example - do these same people remember the people of the same colour of the nasty person you wrote about, who fought to change those laws? No? But every person who shares that colour is to bear for that person's crime of being a severe jerk forever? You become what you hate, when you can't be bother to judge people on anything BUT their race based on what the worst ones you met are like.

edit on 2011/5/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denco

Same, I'm 'half' black and 'half' white..Anyway, considering the last few hundred years of history, as well as the current state of the world, this thread is pretty comical. It's comparable to LeBron James making a statement questioning why the entire city of Cleveland hates him.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I don't respond to you because to do so is very off topic.

But if you insist. I'm so tired of you people who think you get to tell me what it means to be a woman and don't like it when you don't get to define what that means. I'd say more, but everything else I have to say is outside the TOC. It also might involve extrapolation on the vegetable and non-mammalian aspects of the genealogy of people with similar view to what you've expressed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2388

Same, I'm 'half' black and 'half' white..Anyway, considering the last few hundred years of history, as well as the current state of the world, this thread is pretty comical. It's comparable to LeBron James making a statement questioning why the entire city of Cleveland hates him.

So all white people are like LeBron James? Can I judge all people dark skin by the behaviour of LeBron James?

I don't even LIVE in your country. I've NEVER lived in your country. Most of my ancestors didn't live in the USA, didn't work for the governments that did that.

Any ancestor of mine hasn't owned a slave in at least hundreds maybe thousands of years. Usually they were on the other side of those debates. Wesleyan Baptists. Disciples. Working on the campaigns to elect the first black mayor in the country. Working with the underground railroad.

You think that because I'm white I deserve to be judged based on the bad behaviour of people I don't know, didn't support, am not even descended from....because......

They have the same skin colour.

ARGH. How do you NOT see that as racist? Because....it is. Plain and freaking simple.

I just was at a site yesterday for a guy of who writes for the Black Supremacist movement who wants to nuke the USA, behead my sons for being white, and rape me and my girls. Because, he believes that's his due. And he has followers. People who PREACH that on the street.

How is he MORE understandable than the Klu Klux Klan's worst? How does he get a freaking pass because...well....he's feeling oppressed? How is that less evil?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

So all white people are like LeBron James? Can I judge all people dark skin by the behaviour of LeBron James?

I don't even LIVE in your country. I've NEVER lived in your country. Most of my ancestors didn't live in the USA, didn't work for the governments that did that.

Any ancestor of mine hasn't owned a slave in at least hundreds maybe thousands of years. Usually they were on the other side of those debates. Wesleyan Baptists. Disciples. Working on the campaigns to elect the first black mayor in the country. Working with the underground railroad.

You think that because I'm white I deserve to be judged based on the bad behaviour of people I don't know, didn't support, am not even descended from....because......

They have the same skin colour.

ARGH. How do you NOT see that as racist? Because....it is. Plain and freaking simple.

I just was at a site yesterday for a guy of who writes for the Black Supremacist movement who wants to nuke the USA, behead my sons for being white, and rape me and my girls. Because, he believes that's his due. And he has followers. People who PREACH that on the street.

How is he MORE understandable than the Klu Klux Klan's worst? How does he get a freaking pass because...well....he's feeling oppressed? How is that less evil?

I think you totally mis-understood what this person was saying. He/she was making an analogy. Not comparing any race to LeBron James.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You know this thread reminds me of the story of “The Princess and the Pea”…you remember that story about the Princess who having once laid on her bed discovered, that there was a pea in between the mattress and the box spring.
After piling up mattress upon mattress until the top of her bed nearly reached the ceiling, she still complained that she could feel the pea.

From the 2011 Statistical Abstract, U.S. Census Bureau
Table 318- Hate Crimes-Number of Incidents, Offenses, Victims and Known Offenders by Bias Motivation
2000-2008

Bias Motive/Incidents Reported/Offenses/Victims/Known Offenders

Anti-White = 716/812/829/811
Anti Black = 2876/3413/3596/2596

Racial bias
In 2009, law enforcement agencies reported that 3,816 single-bias hate crime offenses were racially motivated. Of these offenses:
 71.4 percent were motivated by anti-black bias.
 17.1 percent resulted from anti-white bias.
 5.5 percent occurred because of biases against groups of individuals consisting of more than one race (anti-multiple races, group).
 3.9 percent resulted from anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
 2.2 percent were motivated by anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias. (Based on Table 1.)
FBI Stats Hate Crimes 2009

From what I can tell it looks like just about everyone else except for Caucasians should feel put upon if crime stats are any indication.
Hey, maybe I should link to a pic of a lynching just for grins, huh? I'm sure some of the whiners here would get a kick out of that...
*begins violin solo*
Listen, Caucasians comprise something like 80% plus of the population of this country.
They own 84% of all non-farm business in the U.S. (2007),
U.S. Census Bureau White Owned Businesses 2007

I doubt if the total in four years has dimished to the point where some Caucasians feel put upon (at least the type that are prone to this type of delusion).

And hey, if you think that White people aren't getting into college/university, that's bunk as well.
My first husband once told me (and he was White) "If a WASP can't find a job its because he isn't looking for one".

Sorry guys you opened this can of worms, so I will oblige you.
Yep, White people are successful (having ridden happily on the backs of others to get there)..but you know, there is a flip side to that success that you guys probably never thought of.
White people (as a socioecomic and geopolitical group) are slaves to thier success (and excess).
There are not enough of you guys in population numbers worldwide to support all of the businesses at the present level of revenues that exist now. If the rest of the World (which is mostly non-white) decided not to buy from your businesses anymore and found other sources for what they need/desire (like China, South Korea, India, Brazil, ect.) you guys might just be screwed. When you own everything, everything is what you stand to lose.
Europe and to a degree the US are bit by bit, going to hell in a handbasket, and that scares the crap out of some of you, because you have a hard time imagining having to look at the bottom of the economic ladder instead of being pearched at the top as you have for the last several HUNDRED years.
In addition, for all of the griping that is done about the illegals, Blacks and (insert favorite Non - White group here), your biggest worry should be the people who don't live here, dislike you more than you could ever imagine and they far outnumber you.
The Chinese.
*ends violin solo*

edit on 25-5-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I actually think it has a lot to do with the Obama administration and the media playing the "RACE CARD" when it's not necessary... only when it's beneficial to them at whatever cost falsely accusing any opposers to shut them down and shut them up so that no one will give them a fair hearing. Ya know... the straw that broke the camel's back!
edit on 25-5-2011 by Grace0f4babes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We'll put it this way you CAN say whitey, honky, cracker etc and make as many jokes on the white man on Tv but.........yea do I need to make myself any more clear? And this is coming from a red man

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
In my experience the only ones that are truly upset about "political correctness" are the ones that are mad because they can't call someone a nasty name (or in the very worst cases would really like to hang someone from a tree).
The Human race is doomed...gadz

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry I think you missed my point, probably because I didn't articulate it very well, or perhaps you're unfamiliar with the whole LeBron & "The Decision" situation and didn't understand the analogy. PaganArchangel has pretty much laid out what I was talking about. The people sitting at the top of the hill in America for several hundred years have overwhelmingly been 'white.'

The fact that those who have been at the bottom for those years aren't particularly fond of those at the top shouldn't require a study to conclude, it's common sense. Is it wrong to paint all whites as oppressive racists? Absolutely, and I agree that that is JUST as racist and ignorant as generalizing all 'blacks' or 'browns.' MOST 'white' people in the U.S. aren't 'at the top' or rich OR racist; it's a relatively small group of 'elites' who happen to be 'white.' However, this is just the reality of the situation..as long as the majority of 'blacks' and 'browns' in America are being stepped on and disrespected by that relatively small group of the 'white' population, there will be tension and GENERAL distrust.

Again, I'm not saying it's right, it's just reality. From my experience, most PEOPLE are ignorant idiots who make dumb generalizations about everything, so we can't expect their views on 'race' to be any different. I hope this (and PaganArchangel's post) better explains what I was saying.

edit* sorry i seem to have cut out a chunk of your post in my quote, don't know how that happened
edit on 25-5-2011 by aaron2388 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
We'll put it this way you CAN say whitey, honky, cracker etc and make as many jokes on the white man on Tv but.........yea do I need to make myself any more clear? And this is coming from a red man

You're right, there are many double-standards in our media. Heterosexual white Christian males are fair game (as far as verbal disrespect and mockery), while people like Don Imus and others are fined, fired and/or publicly crucified for making jokes at the expense of minorities or women, or homosexuals (ask Kobe). One could argue that since heterosexual white Christian males in general have it much easier in America, they should be a bit more thick-skinned when it comes to jokes and ridicule. In reality, though, that's bull# and racist. If it's ok to make fun of a white man, it should be ok to make fun of a black man, or a red man. Also, let me say that I'm only speaking in terms of 'black' and 'white' for the sake of the discussion..I personally don't buy in to the concept of separate 'races' of human beings, but that's a separate issue. Peace.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Or, we could just become a civilization lost and confused, and our own laziness prevents anything from happening. In an era where one man with a year's worth of knowledge in hacking can take down the entire intelligence network of a country, such situations simply will not happen. The truth is we will have all the rules and laws in place for a police state, but by that time, no one will care enough to act on them, and by the time someone orders them to, the nation will be so sliced and diced it will be like the 400s with a pope ordering a lord to do something for him.

The fact is our own laziness will win our against a police state. The only people willing to go along with it or too much sheep to fight for such people. Eventually we'll have a quick, 3 year or so civil war to establish a police state. only it will be a police state that hunts down the people trying to make that police state. These cannibal governments have a tendency to prop up in these situations. Happened in Rome a couple of times before it fell.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm sorry I think you missed my point, probably because I didn't articulate it very well, or perhaps you're unfamiliar with the whole LeBron & "The Decision" situation and didn't understand the analogy. PaganArchangel has pretty much laid out what I was talking about. The people sitting at the top of the hill in America for several hundred years have overwhelmingly been 'white.'

The fact that those who have been at the bottom for those years aren't particularly fond of those at the top shouldn't require a study to conclude, it's common sense. Is it wrong to paint all whites as oppressive racists? Absolutely, and I agree that that is JUST as racist and ignorant as generalizing all 'blacks' or 'browns.' MOST 'white' people in the U.S. aren't 'at the top' or rich OR racist; it's a relatively small group of 'elites' who happen to be 'white.' However, this is just the reality of the situation..as long as the majority of 'blacks' and 'browns' in America are being stepped on and disrespected by that relatively small group of the 'white' population, there will be tension and GENERAL distrust.

Again, I'm not saying it's right, it's just reality. Most PEOPLE are ignorant idiots who make dumb generalizations about everything, so we can't expect their views on 'race' to be any different. I hope this (and PaganArchangel's post) better explains what I was saying.

edit* sorry i seem to have cut out a chunk of your post in my quote, don't know how that happened

The reason that there wasn't any obvious and open anti - White bias in the 50's was because quite frankly, it could get you killed.
Like looking at a White woman could get you killed.
Like using the wrong bathroom, going to the wrong restaurant, drinking from the wrong fountain and driving down the wrong road at just the right time would get you killed. Talk about disturbed sensibilities.
Some Whites act like there is no history here, no background. That's ridiculous.
But I mean, when it comes down to it no one has to kill White people....that's stupid.
Just crash the financial systems and the businesses that they pretty much control..this is what the Chinese have figured out and quiet as its kept,the other emerging nations as well.
When your group owns just about everything, that is what you stand to lose.
Black/Latino/Native American, ect. people aren't the ones you have to worry about, trust me.
Ironically the ones that truly should cause worry you can't really do much about.
edit on 26-5-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join