It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by NorthStargal52

And you think there are no supremicist but some whites?

I'm sorry - but my ancestors DID NOT do this.

Do you not think it racist to PRESUME that they did?

Do you know...one of my ancestors was a WHITE slave.

Do you know that 70% of the Roman Empire was slaves?

How it is NOT racism to group someone based on their colour? Because....that's what you are doing!

How do you KNOW that those nasty whites who are all racists aren't....part Native? Because, a large number of them in North America are. That the women they took as wives, their FATHERS gave away because they thought they were doing a good thing for their ugly daughter? (because for some reason those crazy white guys thought the ugly native girls were the pretty ones! Imagine that!)

How is that NOT racism? You are making judgements based on race. You do look at someone's skin tone and group them, regardless of reality.
edit on 2011/5/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look quit trying to twist my words ok .. I am referring to all those white people like Andrew Jackson ok and Philip Sheridan and all those who stated there is no good Indian except a dead Indian ..OK got it clear

Now I never was referring to anyone’s ancestors .and surly not yours... I am yes grouping those WHITEs that have openly made racist statements ok..

Are you familiar with the removal act ..
Try reading this ok ...

On December 6, 1830, in a message to Congress, President Andrew Jackson called for the relocation of eastern Native American tribes to land west of the Mississippi River, in order to open new land for settlement by citizens of the United States

ourdocuments.gov...

Historically speaking this is not the only WHITE person who was Racist ok

Philip Sheridan
en.wikipedia.org...

No I didn’t know where your ancestor was a white slave who was that and where ??

show me your proof that 70% of Rome were slaves .. link me to your proof

Yes that is what I am saying that racism was created by the racist people whether in groups like the KKK or just a few people who have racist thoughts ..about people of color ..

ARE YOU OF COLOR??
I was clearly stating people of color mixed or full ,, mixed people IMO really have a rough time not being accepted by either side ..

Have you ever had any diversity courses ??
I'm not singling out anyone but I can single out all those that have set the tone for others to be racist
Just click on the links that will give you a sample of just some of them ..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
One of the news article sources I have on my ancestry tree actually has an advertizement from the early 1800s for young white slaves. Hmmm....I'll have to try and remember which one that is. I have a couple of thousand people indexed.

You can't look directly for these advertizments on ancestry, but you can find them if you look around in the indexed newspapers from the 1600s to the 1870s or so.

These advertizements can be found however in any classified section from port cities until slavery was outlawed. It isn't the first time I've run across them.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can see that in the first century that (debated) percentage is about 1/3 for the entire empire. The first century was not the height of the Empire. There are also some interesting graphs out there showing the numbers of finds of shackles peaked for the Roman empire's era.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, today there remains segregated or ' dominating ' shows/programs such as B.E.T ( Black entertainment Channel ) and magazines dedicated to black people.

There are also charities specifically for black people UNCF United Negro College Fund and even a Black history month.

Surely there are many more segregated mentionables not listed, but my point goes without saying.

Today, these ideas need to immediately seize. the damage is progressing and what may have been empowerment at one time is clearly promoting racism in a world today as we as a people strive to be colorless. black and white both should demand this.

Down with this filth of segregation!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Why no mention of Univision. Are blacks the only group who have their own services or community centers?
If you are going to point out one then you should include them all.

And can we be honest for a moment and question why BET and the likes were created?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BalderAsir
I do find it intersting with American society. The blacks have the BET network, School and Universities for black students only, scholorships for black students only, music awards for black artists only and thats seen as a right for them because they are black. They can racially abuse a white person without recorse.

Yet, if you were to have a tv network called the White Enternatinment Network, they would be up in arms or the racist network, same would go for White only schools, universities, scholarship and entertainment awards. A white person has a dig at a black person and they get labeled a member of the klan. You can't have it both ways, you want equality, then stop doing everything to create a racial divide.

I'm not racist in anyway, but I am a realist. If you want to call me a white !@#$% (among other things) then I am going to call you a black !@#$% fair is fair.

If anyone takes offence to this post I really don't care, it needs to be said.

Well, this is interesting and kind of humorous at the same time. First of all let me say that, I have a white Russian mother and a Black father and they were both mixed with Native American. Does it mean that because I am multi-racial I am not a racist? No. But the truth is I am not a racist. But, to accept what you have stated about BET, black schools, black music awards etc., is quite ridiculous!

The lack of historic knowledge in the US about why black people decided to have things that are predominately black is unfortunately, sad to say the least. About the black schools for example, I guess all you white people out there forgot that blacks just less than 50 years ago, were not allowed in schools with whites. So, guess what black people did? They built their own educational institutions and donated funds in the form of scholarships for black kids, so their children could be educated just like a white person. This is a historical fact, not racism. It was not and still is not racist for black people to want the same education that whites received. Besides that fact, black people in America, feel like the history taught in both public and private schools are completely watered down to say the least and would rather teach true American History their way in their own institutions. What's wrong with that? Oh, by the way, did you know that there are educational scholarships for vegetarians, gays, mexicans, asians and all sorts of other things?

Moving on here, yes, there are award shows for blacks as well. Black musicians and actors always wanted to be recognized for their artistic ability just like any other race. Again, historically speaking, the BET channel and award show amongst other predominately black award shows popped up for the sole purpose of recognizing black artist. Now, you may not like that answer, but a fact is a fact, especially when the first black person to receive an Academy Award was Sidney Poitier in 1963 and the next was Denzel Washington for playing a dirty cop in Training Day in 2001. That time lapse of over 38 years when Sidney got his Academy Award and 2001 when Denzel received his Academy Award was again ridiculous. You mean to tell me that for over 38 years of film making there wasn't one black person worthy of an Academy Award? Be mad about that fact if you want, but the truth is the truth.

I personally have always wondered how many people out there truly feel the way you do. You sound angry, but why? You sound a bit hateful, but why? You sound biased and why? These are things that we all need to think about every time we look into the mirror. We should remind ourselves everyday that no one is any better than anyone else regardless of skin color. If we forget that reminder, I would advise anyone to take a trip overseas to a real 3rd world country and you'll surely be reminded of how equal we all are. Besides, that's part of the problem anyway, Americans only think about Americans because the majority of Americans never leave America. I was raised in the midwest and heard all sorts of mixed people name calling by both blacks and whites, but I was never afraid to talk back or fight back as I had to do many times. When I left for college, I ended up in Philadelphia, finding myself immediately in culture shock, because where I grew up it was only white or black, no Mexicans either. Now that I have been back to my birth state of California for almost twenty years, just going back to the midwest is like a culture shock, because so many people are still stuck in a narrow minded view of America. Leaving the US and visiting other countries is what broadened my view of Americans and made me a more tolerable and accepting human being. IMHO, the only issue of separation is the fact that there are two types of humans on this planet, men and women. I happen to be a woman, who accepts any race.

I will not comment on white vs. black period, because it does nothing more than perpetuate ignorance to the fullest by getting everyone upset with the other race. But I will say, that if we all had half the tolerance and understanding that we say we do, things would be much different.

It is not TPTB, the MSM, the white man, the black man or any other color man/woman keeping any of us down. It is US keeping US down! Just food for thought

edit on 25-5-2011 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
im shocked this article is out

for a long time now its been a crime to be a white man

its been a crime to say youre proud of being white

its been a crime to have a group of whites together to have a celebration of white culture

but every damn day we have to deal with hispanic pride and culture and all the other cultures that have been allowed to celebrate all of what they are while attacking the white guy

you say you arent happy with barack, RACIST

look at someone wrong, RACIST

call someone from a different culture a criminal, RACIST

RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST

this will keep goign and you know what will happen

white will become seriously racist, and then they will do REAL racist things

its like people are begging for the kkk to come back the way each group just keeps pushing each other

i guarantee within 5 years we see lynchings again

but this time, i doubt itll be black people swinging from the trees

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I knew this "White Americans believe anti-white prejudice is a bigger problem than anti-black bias, study finds", post would set off nothing but hatred. This is so sad. We all seriously need to help one another understand through learning and teaching about our cultures whatever they may be. Not enforcing hatred and discontent.

This needs to stop! Wake up people, we are destroying ourselves right here in this forum. Imagine what's going on around the rest of the nation.

edit on 25-5-2011 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

its gone too far

the countries past the point of no return

the only thing to fix things now is war

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, I don't care what color a person is and I would say this about a Blue Smurf, a Yellow Coward or a red Santa Clause....
I think it's a problem because slavery has been long dead and yet constantly and daily we are having this reminded to us by those who fan the flames. By calling us "white devils" and reminding us about slavery (something I personally had nothing to do with) and yet for some unknown reason ....I PERSONALLY have to remunerate those who were never a slave. This is why white people are scared. someone out there in the government is allowing this hatred to stay alive. Everyone says they want to "forget" about slavery, yet remember the heroes of the revolution, but that isn't what is happening. What's happening is every time slavery is brought up regarding jobs or money or any kind of injustice that even white have to deal with.....the blacks get to say things like "you just did this or that because I'm black", they then go and tell the NAACP and sue you because you did something to them that they thought didn't need to happen. it couldn't have been, that they were lazy or violent or spoiled from having an organization that rallies the troops at the very thought of a dissatisfied member of the colored race. Hell, as we speak, I don't even know what to call a black person....anything you call them as a white person is offensive.

You say black.....they look at you with big eyes as if you just shot their mother, you say colored....same thing probably coupled with an @ss kicking. I think the government likes this because , like democracy, and everything else America does.......it splits people right down the middle for a "divide and conquer" situation and the government wins every time. White people have no organization to run to for all of our injustices and don't say we have it better. I have lived dead on the street, with black people, in barns...on the side of railroad tracks and was beaten my whole life growing up. I was robbed by many and even my first love. I have been through what appears to be hell and I don't expect any pity from anyone and certainly no one has come to my aid. I had to do things I don't appreciate out of survival to get on my feet again, but I don't keep walking into my future by looking into my past. I just keep going forward and expect no handouts.

This tactic of "getting paid ends" for doing nothing at all but riding the coat tails of dead slaves or in the case of FEMINISM (which is deplorable at best) riding the coat tails of women who wanted real freedom and then got hijacked by a bunch of gold-digging, pasty-faced witches who do nothing but embarrass women everywhere and seem to be more of a man than a woman.....they are using the same tactics. No one today (in America, Canada or Europe) has ever been a slave and women have been getting paid freedom for at least as long as I have been alive.

They don't have any inequality problems...it seems more and more that white people who don't complain at all about inequality are the ones who are actually getting robbed and having their freedoms abused . Predominately, the white male. White females need to slow down actually....as per ever so popular divorce options, in favor of women only,...they have all of their stuff AND ALL OF THE MEN'S STUFF! This is why divorce is so popular, women do most of the divorcing because they know they are going to get everything (hence all of the threats throughout most marriages "I am going to take you for all your worth, take your child, everything" blah, blah and burn!). Women know this from a very early age and this is most likely the reason they get married these days in the first place........the man is seen as nothing but a personal bank in waiting. If the marriage goes well..fine...if it doesn't......it's even better than fine FOR THEM!

So feminists are using this tactic for selfish gain and are training women everwhere to do it and makeing it sound like it is deserved. The women even cheat on you in your marriage and they STILL get everything in court, including your children. They can be drug users, smoke around the kids or evn drink and still they are better candidates than the fathers according to the law. Only in extreme cases is this different. Those who are black or female who use this tactic for favor and to get all the best jobs and to get whatever money that can be gotten by the fear of "ghosts from the past" are repulsive and are the reason society can go no further than in the trash......which (look around you).....is where we are.

In summation, and to clarify to all of the heads that may now be on fire.

I like black people and I love women......I despise those of any color who use our system and dead people for gain ...ANY COLOR, ANY GENDER. KKK, I HATE YOU JUST AS MUCH AS THE AFOREMENTIONED! There I said it. Thos who have a problem with what I have just said after this line ("I despise those of any color who use our system and dead people for gain ...ANY COLOR, ANY GENDER. KKK, I HATE YOU JUST AS MUCH AS THE AFOREMENTIONED!")................it is because I have offended you personally, and that means that YOU are the problem and I have no regrets for saying it to you.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

Yes, its time to destroy the Illuminati once and for all before they destroy us all.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

Being proud of your skin color is ridiculous...I can understand if people want to have some pride in their heritage, say 'Irish pride'...but the idea of white pride is no less stupid than people who parade 'black pride' or 'brown pride'...It's childish and promotes a primitive, tribal mindset...

Anyway...I've yet to meet anyone who claims that being against Obama's politics is racism. Now...as far as the birther movement goes...I do get a sense of racist undertones. I often get the impression the older generations of white men can't tolerate the fact that we have a biracial president, who is referred to as black. But...let's not be technical about it...White people can't get over race any more than blacks or other ethnic minorities.

I'm multi-racial...and I've experienced racism differently. But, I'm not traumatized by it...It's nothing, but childish behavior. The racist jokes and pranks that went on in school aren't going to haunt me for life... Furthermore, people who are not biracial or multiracial may not realize how annoying it is when they keep making race an issue. I can't even tell you how many times I've been asked what race I am, or have had my race determined by someone who I've just met. It's disturbing.

I think the only ones who really understand the dynamics of race are people who are more than one race. More than a fourth probably...Not like the white folks who claim to be 1/8th native..

edit on 25-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

i agree, we should be beyond the pride thing for colors

but hey if the other colors are going to do the pride things, whites should be allowed to too

and no offense but if you havent seen anyone pull the race card when one disagrees with obama, then you must not watch much news,and you probably havent read too many posts here on ats either, or perhaps you're sorta new

give it time, theres plenty of examples around

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I too feel that there is more racism towards whites from blacks. What's I find even more strange is that I see so many white women with black boyfriends/husbands its almost like every other white woman in the world is with a black guy, hey to each there own I don't have a problem with it but what I find even more strange is if there are more interracial relationships than ever before you hardly ever see any black women with white men why is that? I'm a white male and I have been attracted to a few black women in my travels but they've never shown any interest in white guys at least in my experiences. It just seems really strange especially with interracial relationships being more acceptable in todays society.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

preach on brother

great post

shame i know many wont read because of its length but you speak truth

much respect for that

well said post

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

no offense to black women, and im sure ill be called racist for calling a spade a spade

but where i grew up, i was one of the few white people, i was the minority

ive met a large amount of people of all colors, ive met and gone to school with a LARGE population of black women

some are nice, some are respectable

but unfortunately due to the culture we have created, i find it very hard to find a respectable black woman in the inner cities under the age of 30 (over 30 seem to have matured and not fallen as victim to this culture we have created. they escaped the nonsense)

im not saying there are none but there may be some reasoning to why black men have abandoned black women and gone for white girls (even the black women themselves talk about how black men are abandoning them for white women, case in point, watch almost ANY black female stand up comedian

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I've been saying this for a very long time. Longer than Obama has been president.
Americans are falling for it because they have been made angry, but most important, made blind to what is really going on - so once someone says once again: Here is you problem! You will once again pull the trigger instead of the lever.
Now everyone is "It's the blacks/whites fault, let's get em!"
I guess it is finally time for democracy to get its dose of blood.
sad days.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
An example of hypocrisy in the race situation, BET. It's Black Entertainment Televison.....but if you would EVER see White Entertainment Television, oh God help us! There would be a HUGE protest and revolt. I think that's crap.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

I too feel that there is more racism towards whites from blacks. What's I find even more strange is that I see so many white women with black boyfriends/husbands its almost like every other white woman in the world is with a black guy, hey to each there own I don't have a problem with it but what I find even more strange is if there are more interracial relationships than ever before you hardly ever see any black women with white men why is that? I'm a white male and I have been attracted to a few black women in my travels but they've never shown any interest in white guys at least in my experiences. It just seems really strange especially with interracial relationships being more acceptable in todays society.

I guess maybe depends on where you live I go to this one restruant and Ive seen White men with black gals .. it's no biggy over here where I live ..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
An example of hypocrisy in the race situation, BET. It's Black Entertainment Televison.....but if you would EVER see White Entertainment Television, oh God help us! There would be a HUGE protest and revolt. I think that's crap.

Crash that's been hashed and rehashed on this thread. If you want to see the responses to your post start reading from page 3 to page 7.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Well put and IMHO, very on point. It's aggravating, disturbing and furthermore a unnecessary distraction from reality.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join