It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, Really ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Had you read my earlier post - you would have found that link.

What does that have to do with anything? You didn't cite your source with the new material you copy/pasted as if it was your own creative thought.

It's blatant plagiarism.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jeremiah8401

yeah the crusades was a comic book. i forget a nearly 200 year old war against the "heretics" was make believe. killed thousands upon thousands of people for god. More like the bible is a comic book. a comic book of crap

The "war against the heretics" was the Inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church, not the crusades.

Your grasp on church history is astoundingly pathetic.

lol, your grasp on Christian morality, forgiveness and compassion is patently paltry at best. Your true character shines forth like shadows from a cave.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by bdb818888

I make sure to commit blasphemy against the holy ghost on a daily basis so that I cannot be saved.

So a death-bed-confessional on my part would be pointless.

It's impossible to commit that sin today.

Jesus isn't doing miracles in front of your eyes.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

What does that have to do with anything? You didn't cite your source with the new material you copy/pasted as if it was your own creative thought.

It's blatant plagiarism.

lol - "oh my god". it was more the list of passages from scripture which I was referring to. I believe you are pouncing on something which is hardly here, nor there.

Speaking of plagiarism, have you read the Old Testament lately?
edit on 15-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

It also helped to spread it when the church threaten to slaughter anyone who wouldn't believe.

What are you talking about? There was no "church" in Jerusalem where Christianity started. People were meeting in secret in houses for fear of the Sanhedrin and Pharisees. There was no open "church" to persecute anyone in Jerusalem 2,000 years ago.

Then Christians were savagely hunted and murdered for 300 years under the Roman Emperors. It wasn't until Constantine that Christianity was legalized, and it was the 2nd successor after Constantine who made Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire.

It's almost like you get your church history from comic books.

Yes, Constantine - the man who murdered his wife and son - great fellow, all around. He still coined his currency with "SOL INVICTUS" His invincible, and "principle" protector.

LOL! What does that have to do with when the Romans legalized Christianity? It was during the reign of Constantine. The 300 years prior the Romans weren't creating Christianity, they were murdering Christians.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yeah, the Empire will do that. 300 years for the Christians - the next 1600 for the Pagans, eh?

More importantly - Why was the the First Christian Emperor (Read: The Pope) still praising the Sun, a pagan symbol?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It's blatant plagiarism.

lol - "oh my god". it was more the list of passages from scripture which I was referring to. I believe you are pouncing on something which is hardly here, nor there.

You're actually trying to justify your deceit??

And on top of that your trying to use the "Two wrongs make a right" fallacy?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

More importantly - Why was the the First Christian Emperor (Read: The Pope) still praising the Sun, a pagan symbol?

I dunno, make a thread asking the Catholics.

I'm not a Catholic.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

It's blatant plagiarism.

You're actually trying to justify your deceit??

And on top of that your trying to use the "Two wrongs make a right" fallacy?

Ok - let me apologise to whomever I have insulted intellectually, lol - I don't believe in intellectual property rights to begin with, however it is not my style to use other people's words as my own, as such, it was not my attempt to pass scriptual knowledge off as my own. lol.

It was an attempt at humour, actually - your OT is blatantly based of Sumerian Lore, including your beloved Genesis.

You must be the most vindictive Christian I have ever come across.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Atheist is perhaps the most dangerous religious faith out there.

Atheist don't care if they go out in a blaze of glory because their is no consequence.
Some famous atheistic prophets include Stalin and Hitler,

Some recent figureheads of the atheistic faith was
The Virginia tech killer Seung-Hui Cho
The columbine shooters

At any rate i believe the atheistic faith may contain more terrorists than the Islamic faith.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

yeah the crusades was a comic book. i forget a nearly 200 year old war against the "heretics" was make believe. killed thousands upon thousands of people for god. More like the bible is a comic book. a comic book of crap

The "war against the heretics" was the Inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church, not the crusades.

Your grasp on church history is astoundingly pathetic.

Your grasp is pathetic

he Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, waged by much of Roman Catholic Europe, particularly the Franks of France and the Holy Roman Empire. The specific crusades to restore Christian control of the Holy Land were fought over a period of nearly 200 years, between 1095 and 1291. Other campaigns in Spain and Eastern Europe continued into the 15th century. The Crusades were fought mainly by Roman Catholic forces (taking place after the East–West Schism and mostly before the Protestant Reformation) against Muslims who had occupied the near east since the time of the Rashidun Caliphate, although campaigns were also waged against pagan Slavs, pagan Balts, Jews, Russian and Greek Orthodox Christians, Mongols, Cathars, Hussites, Waldensians, Old Prussians, and political enemies of the various popes.[1] Orthodox Christians also took part in fighting against Islamic forces in some Crusades. Crusaders took vows and were granted a plenary indulgence.[1][2]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

See it sayd SPECIFIC CRUSADES TO RESTORE CHRISTIAN CONTROL OF THE HOLY LAND.

These mass killings were repeated during each of the 8 additional crusades until the final, 9th, crusade in 1272 CE. Both Christians and Muslims believed that they were fighting on God's side against Satan; they believed that if they died on the battlefield they would be given preferential treatment in the Christian Heaven or the Muslim Paradise. Battles were fought with a terrible fierceness and a massive loss of life. Over a 200 year period, perhaps 200,000 people were killed. The Muslim warrior Salah a-Din subsequently recaptured Jerusalem from the Christians.

source: www.religioustolerance.org...

Nearly 200,000 people killed. that's a big number. fighting because of YOUR bible. So your religious history is pathetic my narrow minded friend
edit on 15-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

ol, your grasp on Christian morality, forgiveness and compassion is patently paltry at best. Your true character shines forth like shadows from a cave.

Wow you're a stooge. We haven't discussed Christian morality in general, nor my morality in particular. Not have we discussed forgiveness as a concept in Christianity in general or my thoughts/practices of forgiveness in particular. And besides that, you have no basis to discuss anyone's "morality" or "character" when a page ago you were proved to be a plagiarist on an internet forum.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I make sure to commit blasphemy against the holy ghost on a daily basis so that I cannot be saved.

Christians like to tell me that, but I'll take it up with Yahweh.

After I've spat on him.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

YUP the stories of the old testament were found and they date way further back than your bible says. The epic of gilgamesh was the story of Noah so your religion isnt even original

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

ol, your grasp on Christian morality, forgiveness and compassion is patently paltry at best. Your true character shines forth like shadows from a cave.

Wow you're a stooge. We haven't discussed Christian morality in general, nor my morality in particular. Not have we discussed forgiveness as a concept in Christianity in general or my thoughts/practices of forgiveness in particular. And besides that, you have no basis to discuss anyone's "morality" or "character" when a page ago you were proved to be a plagiarist on an internet forum.

Hahaha.. you are a disinfo troll, for sure. Or the worst, most vindictive Christian ever - at any rate, I'm through with this thread - you've pitbulled enough, and I've argued with your character type many times - it's pointless.

Good night, godspeed you on your quest.

See ya 'round, Moe.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Your grasp is pathetic
he Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, waged by much of Roman Catholic Europe, particularly the Franks of France and the Holy Roman Empire. The specific crusades to restore Christian control of the Holy Land were fought over a period of nearly 200 years, between 1095 and 1291. Other campaigns in Spain and Eastern Europe continued into the 15th century.

I'm well aware of what the Crusades were. Your error was in claiming they were against the "heretics". That wasn't the Crusades, that was the "inquisitions" of the Catholic church.

Christians were the ones being murdered during the inquisitions ironically.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Christians like to tell me that, but I'll take it up with Yahweh.

After I've spat on him.

Let me know how that turns out for ya.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Actually, they call them the "Abrahamic faiths" for a reason.

The epic of Gilgamesh is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to mythological plagiarism. Look up the time the Jews spent in Sumer and the impact it had on the Torah.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Let me know how that turns out for ya.

I'll tell you how it went when we meet on the battlefields of Armageddon.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Your grasp is pathetic
he Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, waged by much of Roman Catholic Europe, particularly the Franks of France and the Holy Roman Empire. The specific crusades to restore Christian control of the Holy Land were fought over a period of nearly 200 years, between 1095 and 1291. Other campaigns in Spain and Eastern Europe continued into the 15th century.

I'm well aware of what the Crusades were. Your error was in claiming they were against the "heretics". That wasn't the Crusades, that was the "inquisitions" of the Catholic church.

Christians were the ones being murdered during the inquisitions ironically.

Because christians think they're all high and mighty and better than everyone else. ANd I never said the inquisitions I said blatantly the crusades so you're just trying to cover your tracks. You're religion is one of the most evil out there

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join