It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, Really ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jeremiah8401

It's funny how you Christians immediately dismiss things that doesn't go along with your beliefs without even thinking about it

Hardly, it's more like when you're well versed in the history of Christianity these futile attempts to discredit the book are akin to water sliding off a ducks back. Do you think the Roman/Christianity mantra wasn't available to any historian over the past 2,000 years??

Jesus was the most documented life, death, and resurrection in the history of the world. Here's a SIMPLE example:

In Mosaic Judaism-dominated Jerusalem Christianity first began to spread like wildfire. It would have been IMPOSSIBLE for that to happen if there was no Jesus, no crucifixion, and no empty tomb. A hostile source, the Babylonian Talmud records Jesus's life and death, and miracles, but attributes them to Him being a magician, not the Son of God.

It also helped to spread it when the church threaten to slaughter anyone who wouldn't believe. So don't give me that crap. Yeah it rolls off your back because they've successfully brainwashed you. I was a christian almost my entire life then I took a step back and looked at the facts compared to what I was being told and I said to myself, "whhat the hell is this? This makes no sense at all! Science at least can give you facts and reasons. The bible expects me to just believe blindly or I'll go to hell." I've read the bible many times and it has some good morals but thats it

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil

Exactly right. It does not say that "money is the root of all evil", it says the LOVE/LUST of money is the root of all evil".

Huge difference, thank you for demonstrating you were wrong originally.

That's why I said: "precision is the key."
edit on 14-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

The church sure does LOVE that money when its followers hand it over gladly. And the televangelists saying donate your money c'mon we need your money. It's a huge sham. You say precision is key but the bible is the most un precised thing there is. It's made that way so you keep reading and looking for the answer but never find one

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

I make sure to commit blasphemy against the holy ghost on a daily basis so that I cannot be saved.

So a death-bed-confessional on my part would be pointless.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Remember that the enemy of humans - the one who calls for our blind unquestioning obedience; the one who commands the death of little children among other crimes, is the Christian god! (Hosea 9:11-16, Ezekiel 9:5-7, Exodus 12:29-30, Jeremiah 51:20-26, Leviticus 26:21-22, Isaiah 13:15-18, Numbers 31:17, Deuteronomy 2:34, Deuteronomy 28:53, I Samuel 15:3, 2 Kings 8:12, 2 Kings 15:16, Lamentations 2:20, Hosea 13:16)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

I make sure to commit blasphemy against the holy ghost on a daily basis so that I cannot be saved.

dalan it says apprentice to satan. Are you satanist. they fascinate me allot actually. I dont believe in satan but nonetheless they really do intrigue me.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It also helped to spread it when the church threaten to slaughter anyone who wouldn't believe.

What are you talking about? There was no "church" in Jerusalem where Christianity started. People were meeting in secret in houses for fear of the Sanhedrin and Pharisees. There was no open "church" to persecute anyone in Jerusalem 2,000 years ago.

Then Christians were savagely hunted and murdered for 300 years under the Roman Emperors. It wasn't until Constantine that Christianity was legalized, and it was the 2nd successor after Constantine who made Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire.

It's almost like you get your church history from comic books.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Remember that the enemy of humans - the one who calls for our blind unquestioning obedience; the one who commands the death of little children among other crimes, is the Christian god! (Hosea 9:11-16, Ezekiel 9:5-7, Exodus 12:29-30, Jeremiah 51:20-26, Leviticus 26:21-22, Isaiah 13:15-18, Numbers 31:17, Deuteronomy 2:34, Deuteronomy 28:53, I Samuel 15:3, 2 Kings 8:12, 2 Kings 15:16, Lamentations 2:20, Hosea 13:16)

My parents named me jeremiah christian ____ the other parts my bizz but how crazy is that and im the only one in my fam that isn't christian

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

It also helped to spread it when the church threaten to slaughter anyone who wouldn't believe.

What are you talking about? There was no "church" in Jerusalem where Christianity started. People were meeting in secret in houses for fear of the Sanhedrin and Pharisees. There was no open "church" to persecute anyone in Jerusalem 2,000 years ago.

Then Christians were savagely hunted and murdered for 300 years under the Roman Emperors. It wasn't until Constantine that Christianity was legalized, and it was the 2nd successor after Constantine who made Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire.

yeah the crusades was a comic book. i forget a nearly 200 year old war against the "heretics" was make believe. killed thousands upon thousands of people for god. More like the bible is a comic book. a comic book of crap

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

He's a sheep that's very in line with his belief on here but when he gets off he's a huge hypocrite guaranteed because all christians are

Wow, stupid post.

Everyone is hypocritical at some point in their life. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

It's funnier when your hypocritical to your religion though. I may be a hypocrite when i say dont talk right now we have to be quiet but then i talk thats just an example. I cant be a hypocrite to my beliefs because I dont have any other than there is a god

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yes, Constantine - the man who murdered his wife and son - great fellow, all around. He still coined his currency with "SOL INVICTUS" His invincible, and "principle" protector.
edit on 15-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yes, Constantine - the man who murdered his wife and son - great fellow, all around. He still coined his currency with "SOL INVICTUS" His invincible, and "principle" protector.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMFAO
I totally forgot all about that I wish I coulda been the one to nail him with that.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Wow, are you going to even give your source for that?? That's blatant plagiarism:

(Copy/pasted from the last sentence in the first paragraph)

Article HERE

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

Originally posted by dalan.

dalan it says apprentice to satan. Are you satanist. they fascinate me allot actually. I dont believe in satan but nonetheless they really do intrigue me.

I was when I was younger, after reading The Satanic Bible by Anton Szander Lavey. There were aspects of the philosophy that I found intriguing. Lavey was the first person to found a "Church of Satan" and have it recognized by the state of California as an actual religious organization.

There is more information here:

The Church of Satan

Its funny because I was raised evangelical, but the inconsistencies and sheer stupidity of the Christian religion sent me running in the opposite direction. As for my headline "An Apprentice Of Satan" its actually the title to one my favorite songs:

edit on 5/15/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Wow, are you going to even give your source for that?? That's blatant plagiarism:

(Copy/pasted from the last sentence in the first paragraph)

Article HERE

Had you read my earlier post - you would have found that link.

Get over it already, Rome created your religion, we fell for it for thousands of years. Here are a few search terms that will assist you on your way to understanding what is going on

Jesus - Caesar
Moses - Akhenaten
Jehovah - Enlil/Jupiter (Quetzalcoatl too)
Satan (or Poseidon - Dogon tribe) - Enki/Ea/Neptune www.satanservice.org...
Ziasudrah/Noah

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

yeah the crusades was a comic book. i forget a nearly 200 year old war against the "heretics" was make believe. killed thousands upon thousands of people for god. More like the bible is a comic book. a comic book of crap

The "war against the heretics" was the Inquisitions of the Roman Catholic Church, not the crusades.

Your grasp on church history is astoundingly pathetic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join