It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, Really ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
First of all , I would like to say that I have a few Atheist friends who are really good people and would do anything for you , but there are some that think their $hit don't stink , always putting down religion saying that God is just a fairy tale or an imaginary friend for grown ups. many years ago , one of my Atheist friend found out he had liver cancer and his doctor told him he had less than a year to live . He stuck to his Atheist beliefs until he was lying on his death bed, he told his mother he wanted to talk to a preacher . He asked the preacher about God and was it too late for him to be saved , the preacher told him it's never too late , and my friend accepted Jesus Christ as his lord and savior and passed away a few hours later. The point I'm trying to make is , Atheist go through life not believing in God, but when their on their deathbed their tone changes very quickly . I don't care who you are , if you were in the same position as my friend was, you would be calling out for God to save you .

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They are just buying insurance.

People think they don't believe or they are not willing to give up their vices to live like religion calls for
and then when they are dying you thing..." Why not embrace it now, I have nothing to lose".

The problem is what if you die suddenly without warning? No time to repent.

If your really an atheist, who's name do you call out during sex???
edit on 14-5-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

First of all, discrimination, your assuming everyone is the same, We are all Human Beings. But every PERSON as a whole is unique, individual. We only share the same body, some smaller, some larger, some fitter, some more slugish. I find a sense of irony in your words, considering you sank to a level of what you thought all Atheists are at.

You may have figured that I'm an Atheist by now.

Jamie.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Gods in everyone, and its never to late to believe and ask for forgiveness. In my opinion and my beliefs though, you should do one last confession before your time, that's if circumstances allow it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Its not nessesary to believe in religion or jesus christ to believe in God.

Personally I believe in God but i cant stand talk about jesus and religion.

People need to understand this specially atheists.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am glad your friend decided to think twice before he took his last breath! God bless his soul! Its funny to me how someone calls themselves an atheist. hahaha....what is that really? In reality and when you get right down to it...ALL ATHEISTS believe in SOMETHING. One cannot be alive and not believe or have faith in something. If its cash, gold, his girl, his car, its something....
I would call an athiest as one who worships a "false God". Just my opinion....had to throw it out there!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
don't say all atheists believe in god on their deathbed, how many atheists have you known on their death bed?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I would call an athiest as one who worships a "false God".

Athiests dont believe in God.

False God lol i suppose your God is the correct one and your religion is the only correct one.

This is the reason i cant stand religion they same to think there above everyone else. (not them all mind you)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

My girlfriend's?
Was that even a serious question?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

i've met christians who are nice folks and christians who are smug p r * c k s, what of it? you don't seem to have any argument here aside from weak-willed people cave under the pressure of death and give into the "what-if?" fears of the bible. i will never ask god to save me, that is a sign of a weak coward. whatever i'm going through, it's happening for a reason and to look to the heavens and ask "why me?" or scream for help is taking the easy way out. not to mention the fact that you're crying out to an imaginary friend. god is not a personal experience, it is everything everywhere all the time and it does NOT care about your cancer or your new car or your emotions.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

If you was in the same situation as my friend was , you would be praying too .

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

My girlfriend's. I sure as hell am not calling out for some old guy with a white beard.

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Its not nessesary to believe in religion or jesus christ to believe in God.

Personally I believe in God but i cant stand talk about jesus and religion.

People need to understand this specially atheists.

I used to be Atheist and thought of religious groups as cults. Now I know better. I believe in God and I still think of religious groups as cults.
edit on 5/14/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

edit on 14-5-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

The one I'm making love to.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

you're the same as me, I believe in God but as for the rest of it, I won't touch it with a 10 foot barge-pole

2nd line

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

If you was in the same situation as my friend was , you would be praying too .

First of all, it isn't difficult to comprehend thousands of years of grammar and spelling. Your intelligence is a heritage of your Humanity, use it, don't insult it. Secondly, I wouldn't, for I have faced my death before. It's nothing new to me.

It's Human, not divine to want to be in a greater place after death because they haven't come to terms with their death, it's not a matter of being weak minded, it's just Human... can't be explained. But when you try and attack Atheists such as myself, be prepared to take two tons of crap before you dish out one.

Jamie.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I assure you not everyone lacks a backbone, why would I ever pray to being that lets babies and toddlers suffer horrible deaths, and if I were presented after my death with an omnipotent being, I would spat in it's face for all the suffering it has allowed.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

link   

Atheist go through life not believing in God, but when their on their deathbed their tone changes very quickly . I don't care who you are , if you were in the same position as my friend was, you would be calling out for God to save you .
Fear of death effects people in different ways.Not everyones tone changes in the darkest hour that I can assure you.
edit on 14-5-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

link   

Wow, the ol' "You'll be an atheist when your time comes!" argument. It and its variant "No atheists in fox holes" are both based entirely on silly bias and selective anecdotes.

I'll stay an atheist until one thing happens: I am given proof of at least one deity or at least a reasonable argument to believe in it.

Up until that point, I'm staying an atheist.

ignorance.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

People think they don't believe or they are not willing to give up their vices to live like religion calls for
and then when they are dying you thing..." Why not embrace it now, I have nothing to lose".

I don't believe. And what vice would I have to give up? Sleeping in on Sunday? Not praying to Mecca? Eating pork?

The problem is what if you die suddenly without warning? No time to repent.

I live a life where I do my best to not harm others and to help those whom I can help. I strive to be the best person I can possibly be, what is there for me to repent?

My girlfriend's. Or I just grunt.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I'll stay an atheist until one thing happens: I am given proof of at least one deity or at least a reasonable argument to believe in it.

Up until that point, I'm staying an atheist.

ignorance.

Said better than I could put it. Yet again.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join