It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, Really ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You guys are putting too much emphasis on the body of Christ and where he came from etc. He discarded his body because it was trivial. What's important are the words and the message he spoke: that is God. But know that he isn't the only great messenger of God's Word.

And why are we talking about this in this thread? This is totally off topic. /sigh

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

That is just a ridiculous statement.

I have no morals that I am aware of, but I have the ability to reason and use common sense and realize that if I choose to act in a way that the Govt. has deemed "illegal" then I will have to pay a fine or go to jail or go on a murderous rampage to escape to somewhere I will not be found.

And by using a cost/benefit analysis I determine what action will most satisfy myself with the least amount of annoyance. At no point in my life do I require a "god" or other frivolous fairy tails to dictate my actions.

Bottom line, your god and your morals are irrelevant and I have no use for either.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So - why does the Pope of the Holy Roman Catholic Church carry a staff with Jesus upon it? Why is the Pope's chair decorated with an inverted cross? ROME created Jesus - get that through your head.

Lepidus ] Peter
Brutus ] Judas
(Marcus Junius) Brutus ] Barabbas
Octavianus ] John (the disciple)
Nicomedes of Bithynia ] Nicodemus of Bethania
The Senate ] The Sanhedrin
Gallia ] Galilee
Rubicon ] Jordan
Corfinium ] Cafarnaum
Rome ] Jerusalem
Antonius] Simona (mirrored images when opposed right to left, as if it were written in Aramaic)

"The best death is sudden death" appears as "What you are going to do (lead me to death), do quickly".
"Did I save them, that they might destroy me?" is "He saved others; he cannot save himself." etc etc. There was a man named Yeshua who was hanged (not crucified) and is mentioned in the Talmud - he would have been on par with the mind and consciousness of Buddha, a Bodhisattva, what is so difficult in realising that? The story of Jesus between the Two Thieves is a parable of Caesar's first military success, dealing with pirates and crucifying them. The Biblical Teachings of Jesus have been corrupted and interpolated with older myths, a la Metamorpheses written by Ovidius, the Roman author who was born the year before Caesar was assassinated - and was coming into talent and age at the time Octavian was to be made Emperor.

Divus Iulius - son of Jupiter aka Hey-Zeus! Zeus, who is JOVE which is pronounced Yohway, or Yahweh, who is Jehovah (derivative of Jove, perhaps?)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Those that believe in the Roman Jesus have not done enough research into History or Spirituality. Period.

Poor misled Christians - you think your religion is so special, but it is probably responsible for more deaths than Stalin.
Honestly, you guys are working for Wal-Mart - you will not find God in a Church - which comes from the Scottish word KIRKE which is a derivative of Circe, the Goddess whom turned men into animals.

edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

Neither have you because Jesus was Nazarene...so obviously your one of those non-smart peeps.

Thanks - take a moment to think here, without responding in a knee jerk manner. I used the term Roman purposefully - who made him famous? Jesus Christ is Julius Caesar - do your research. The Roman Catholic Church is responsible for perpetuating the lies of Constantine and his Council of Nicea - whilst covering up the life of Yeshua.

to wit, was he Nazarene? or Essenian? www.google.ca...

Really? If I search Osama Bin Laden was in a homosexual relationship with Obama...it is some where on the internet. But Im just gonna put this here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Very first line: Jesus of Nazareth
N-A-Z-A-R-E-T-H

Then to point out the crap you are spreading: Julius Caesar (13 July 100 BC[3] – 15 March 44 BC)
What does BC mean again? Oh not to mention the fact that you are still a non-smart one because of the fact that Jesus has nothing to do with the Catholic religion...mention Jesus around a Catholic and they go ape nuts. Then stated in your previous post: about mislead Christians...Jesus was the messiah not a Christian. So you post a false statement. And just for #s and giggles Jesus was a Jew.
edit on 14-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

Wow dude... I think you need to talk to your God. And thank you for pointing out that Religion is based upon faith. l'm pretty sure Atheists do not practice any sort of faith based upon biased transcript.

Troll on, brother... and for future reference, you may want to refrain from degrading people simply because they may not agree with you.
edit on 5/14/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
First of all , I would like to say that I have a few Atheist friends who are really good people and would do anything for you , but there are some that think their $hit don't stink , always putting down religion saying that God is just a fairy tale or an imaginary friend for grown ups. many years ago , one of my Atheist friend found out he had liver cancer and his doctor told him he had less than a year to live . He stuck to his Atheist beliefs until he was lying on his death bed, he told his mother he wanted to talk to a preacher . He asked the preacher about God and was it too late for him to be saved , the preacher told him it's never too late , and my friend accepted Jesus Christ as his lord and savior and passed away a few hours later. The point I'm trying to make is , Atheist go through life not believing in God, but when their on their deathbed their tone changes very quickly . I don't care who you are , if you were in the same position as my friend was, you would be calling out for God to save you .

I am Deist and what you said kind of offended me because I believe in God through nature and nothing more. All those little religious texts are indeed fairy tales in my eyes and my fellow Deists. I believe in Reason over Religion. You're friend was probably thinking I may be wrong and it's worth a shot and if your religion is right it's one helluva loupole in your religion. All the contradictions in all the religious texts prove it's lies to me. I may believe in God but I don't pray to him for anything because it's my life and I have to live it and get what I want on my own. Instead of begging God for forgiveness or a promotion or a raise or anything I do it myself because relying on God is pointless. He created an entire universe with millions of civilizations to look after and so why should I waste my time begging for stupid crap. And where it comes to forgiveness well don't do anything too bad and you'll be alright. What do you believe Buddhist monks who are closer to perfect than any Christian on the planet are going to hell because they don't believe Jesus was their Lord and Savior. That's ignorant and talk about acting like your s**t don't stink

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Religion is outdated hooey and childish superstition. End of.

Ooh if you get religion at the last minute it's too late to be saved ! what a crock of shyte.

If you beleive any of that bible bashing mumbo jumbo you are as bad as all those mentally ill people in the middle east that act like it's still the 14th century.

Quit dragging the rest of us down with your backward boogeymanesque beliefs and judgemental controlling idiotic doctrines.

If aliens are watching us we must be the laughing stock of the galaxy still frothing about 'God' in this day and age with our state of technological advancement. they must see us and wonder why some of us are still basically 'scared of fire' like animals. You're embarassing us, ALL of us.

The classic religious buffoon loves to belittle non believers and label them 'atheists' or 'heathens' whilst looking down their nose at them with some smug sense of superiority. Well we just have our heads screwed on correctly and we have realised what a monumental waste of time religion is. To us YOU are the numptys. You are the cowering primitive culture fearful of some 'ghost story' handed down through centuries, like the people in some bad early Star Trek episode.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

Is that attitude the main reason I didn't convert when my friends tried to convert me, is not about accepting Jesus, is the fact that you actually believe you are better than other people by believing, but the truth is you are not, after all isn't pride a deadly sin?

Jesus said the exact same thing. He was the way, the truth, and the life and NO MAN could come to the Father but by Him.

I'm not going to apologize for repeating that.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I couldn't care less if I make you sick. As long as the truth is told I'm happy. Get rid of your cute little idol god.

Damn dude for a religious guy you sound like pure evil.
Its people like yourself that give religion a bad name.

Please come back and insult me more your 'God' would be proud.

Evil? Please dude, you're merely spouting off rhetoric and I'm refusing to take the bait.

I'm not going to change my opinions to satisfy your emotional well-being.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

As you can plainly see reading this thread your truth is in conflict with many other peoples idea of truth.

Appeal to popularity.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What's really funny is that the OP was trying to get more people to except Jesus an all he did was make people more pissed about jesus and religion. So in your bibles ways you FAILED! Oh yeah God wanted me to tell you something "Ya FIRED!" believe me he really told me. since you believe in a book written by men the only things that lie in the world and we do it a lot. Great logic.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yeah man you're arguing with someone who is speaking with facts and you're referring to a book written thousands of years ago when people were a helluva lot dumber and more into control. Go google contradictions in the bible. here's one for ya money is the root of all evil it says but then later on it says give 10% of your income to tithe to help the church. The bible is the biggest conspiracy of all time and not just the bible all religious texts. All I need to do is look at nature and know there is a God not read a BS book full of cryptic crap that can be interpreted in any way shape or form. So who's got the problem?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Uuuh! No, I wouldn't be. I sincerely believe with every fiber of my being that god is but a series of electrical impulses in you brain created through different chemical reaction that give you the impression of a speritual presence. But if you believe and find compfort and empowerment in those beliefs, then by all means believe. You can believe what you want to but don't you dare come on here and tell ME I believe when I obviously dont.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by mbartelsm

Is that attitude the main reason I didn't convert when my friends tried to convert me, is not about accepting Jesus, is the fact that you actually believe you are better than other people by believing, but the truth is you are not, after all isn't pride a deadly sin?

Jesus said the exact same thing. He was the way, the truth, and the life and NO MAN could come to the Father but by Him.

I'm not going to apologize for repeating that.

You mean, the Heavenly Father? Jupiter?

Or perhaps more correctly, Juppiter, a contraction of Diovis pater, or Diespiter, and Diovis or dies, which was originally identical with divum (heaven); so that Jupiter literally means "the heavenly father."
www.mythindex.com...

Get over it already, Rome created your religion, we fell for it for thousands of years. Here are a few search terms that will assist you on your way to understanding what is going on

Jesus - Caesar
Moses - Akhenaten
Jehovah - Enlil/Jupiter (Quetzalcoatl too)
Satan (or Poseidon - Dogon tribe) - Enki/Ea/Neptune www.satanservice.org...
Ziasudrah/Noah

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by bdb818888

Uuuh! No, I wouldn't be. I sincerely believe with every fiber of my being that god is but a series of electrical impulses in you brain created through different chemical reaction that give you the impression of a speritual presence. But if you believe and find compfort and empowerment in those beliefs, then by all means believe. You can believe what you want to but don't you dare come on here and tell ME I believe when I obviously dont.

I've never heard that theory belief before but it's a good one. I mean I never have a spiritual feeling but I only believe in God through nature nothing more. I have no book to read to get closer to it I can just tell there is. But I do like your theory

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

Yeah man you're arguing with someone who is speaking with facts and you're referring to a book written thousands of years ago when people were a helluva lot dumber and more into control.

The heptadic structure of scripture discovered by Dr. Ivan Panin shatters the idea that it was not divinely inspired, and coupled with thousands of detailed predictive prophecies it demonstrates itself to be an integrated message that had to have originated from an extraterrestrial source outside the space-time dimension.

But sure, common sheppards without super computers made it all up, gotcha.

Go google contradictions in the bible.

You can just as easily Google "Bible Contradictions Explained".

here's one for ya money is the root of all evil it says but then later on it says give 10% of your income to tithe to help the church.

The Bible does NOT claim that "money is the root of all evil". Try again, precision is the key.

The bible is the biggest conspiracy of all time and not just the bible all religious texts.

That's arbitrary, why should I accept that just because some random dude on the internet asserted it?

All I need to do is look at nature and know there is a God not read a BS book full of cryptic crap that can be interpreted in any way shape or form. So who's got the problem?

You won't get an argument from me that all anyone needs to do to know there is a God is to look at nature.

edit on 14-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

LOL, absurd.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

LOL, absurd.

Good luck with that.

At least you can see Jupiter. You've never seen God before. You may think he's spoken to you but it's just your subconscience. It's funny how you Christians immediately dismiss things that doesn't go along with your beliefs without even thinking about it

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

In 1Timothy 6:10 we read "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (This reminds me of my mother-in-law trying to win the lottery for the past 3 years)

the churches are pure greed. 10% tithe and then donations wth

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

And you can defend it all you want but the bible was made up to control the people back in the day. They even made people pay bishops to get into heaven. Yeah real Godly.
edit on 14-5-2011 by jeremiah8401 because: I posted wrong link

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

It's funny how you Christians immediately dismiss things that doesn't go along with your beliefs without even thinking about it

Hardly, it's more like when you're well versed in the history of Christianity these futile attempts to discredit the book are akin to water sliding off a ducks back. Do you think the Roman/Christianity mantra wasn't available to any historian over the past 2,000 years??

Jesus was the most documented life, death, and resurrection in the history of the world. Here's a SIMPLE example:

In Mosaic Judaism-dominated Jerusalem Christianity first began to spread like wildfire. It would have been IMPOSSIBLE for that to happen if there was no Jesus, no crucifixion, and no empty tomb. A hostile source, the Babylonian Talmud records Jesus's life and death, and miracles, but attributes them to Him being a magician, not the Son of God.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil

Exactly right. It does not say that "money is the root of all evil", it says the LOVE/LUST of money is the root of all evil".

Huge difference, thank you for demonstrating you were wrong originally.

That's why I said: "precision is the key."
edit on 14-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join