It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Atheist, Really ?

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Religion is not evil


Don't make me quote the old testament.




posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888
 


to each their own. IMHO its sad how disrespectful people are to each other on the Internet about their personal views, beliefs or lack thereof.

i think we are all entitled to our own opinions, and there is no good in insulting other peoples views or in making crude remarks. we are all aware of the anonymity the 'net provides but this is not a license to act like ill-tempered children.

mankind has had a plethora of beliefs for thousands of years. if someone finds solace in faith or joy in being a non-believer, each are entitled to this. no need to spit and poo on others, or to mock them. disparaging remarks merely serve to reflect on how ignorant and inwardly ugly a person is.

actions speak louder than words.

lead by example.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Religion is not evil


Don't make me quote the old testament.
Words of the demiurge? Quite possibly. The Old Testament shouldn't even be a part of the Bible for this reason: it confuses people. However, it's good to see the stark difference.

Religion is not inherently evil, but men have used it and twisted some of it for their own personal gain. Be detached.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888
 


I personally think that it takes A LOT more faith to believe we are "accidents of evolution" than it takes to believe in God.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by CharterZZ
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





Congratulations, you're admittedly in the same group as demons.


There you go first hand proof of religion right there.

You make me sick



I couldn't care less if I make you sick.

As long as the truth is told I'm happy.

Get rid of your cute little idol god.


Sorry pal, this should read "As long as MY truth is told I'm happy"
As you can plainly see reading this thread your truth is in conflict with many other peoples idea of truth. For me, your idea of truth gets filed with Haarp, chemtrails and a whole load of other stuff that lacks proof.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
reply to post by bdb818888
 


First of all, discrimination, your assuming everyone is the same, We are all Human Beings. But every PERSON as a whole is unique, individual. We only share the same body, some smaller, some larger, some fitter, some more slugish. I find a sense of irony in your words, considering you sank to a level of what you thought all Atheists are at.

You may have figured that I'm an Atheist by now.

Jamie.


Your discriminating!!!
Its like your saying "yeah you suck at basket ball but its only because your fat, stupid, and have big feet."
And you make no sense what so ever. What should be said is that person just flat out SUCKS and should move on to something else. Does this have anything to do with what the OP was saying NOOOOO...but you went that route.
Now you want to talk about "IRONY." Isnt it an IRONIC FACT that atheist bash people for believing in a religion but they are in a religion themselves?

How about that?

Quit kidding yourselves atheists and just admit that your NO DIFFERENT than a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian...etc.

Now let me ask you *******....what is the problem with believing in MORALS?
Some of you jokers need a religion to keep you non-smart ones from being idiots.
edit on 14-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEmpath
reply to post by bdb818888
 


I personally think that it takes A LOT more faith to believe we are "accidents of evolution" than it takes to believe in God.


You better hope madnessinmysoul doesn't hear that.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom
 


Ummmm.... quick question. What makes Atheism a religion, exactly?



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
the idea of religion is good in general people are the ones that f**K it up



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888
 


Funny, I had a friend on his deathbead say "F*ck God". I guess you FAIL. Nice try on the guilt and fear, but that tune is reaalllllly OLD



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
reply to post by bdb818888
 


First of all, discrimination, your assuming everyone is the same, We are all Human Beings. But every PERSON as a whole is unique, individual. We only share the same body, some smaller, some larger, some fitter, some more slugish. I find a sense of irony in your words, considering you sank to a level of what you thought all Atheists are at.

You may have figured that I'm an Atheist by now.

Jamie.


Your discriminating!!!
Its like your saying "yeah you suck at basket ball but its only because your fat, stupid, and have big feet."
And you make no sense what so ever. What should be said is that person just flat out SUCKS and should move on to something else. Does this have anything to do with what the OP was saying NOOOOO...but you went that route.
Now you want to talk about "IRONY." Isnt it an IRONIC FACT that atheist bash people for believing in a religion but they are in a religion themselves?

How about that?

Quit kidding yourselves atheists and just admit that your NO DIFFERENT than a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian...etc.

Now let me ask you *******....what is the problem with believing in MORALS?
Some of you jokers need a religion to keep you non-smart ones for being idiots.
edit on 14-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)


As an Atheist I am all ears as to what religion I belong to? If we treated each other as we would have ourselves treated, our problems on this little rock would cave. My experience has shown that even Christians are not always able to grasp this simple truth.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Really? You cant look up the definition of religion?

Religion: A particular system of faith

Atheists BELIEVE(key word) that there is no higher power? Right?

Isn't that a system of beliefs practice by people?



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Those that believe in the Roman Jesus have not done enough research into History or Spirituality. Period.

Poor misled Christians - you think your religion is so special, but it is probably responsible for more deaths than Stalin.
Honestly, you guys are working for Wal-Mart - you will not find God in a Church - which comes from the Scottish word KIRKE which is a derivative of Circe, the Goddess whom turned men into animals.



edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Those that believe in the Roman Jesus have not done enough research into History or Spirituality. Period.

Poor misled Christians - you think your religion is so special, but it is probably responsible for more deaths than Stalin.
Honestly, you guys are working for Wal-Mart - you will not find God in a Church - which comes from the Scottish word KIRKE which is a derivative of Circe, the Goddess whom turned men into animals.



edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)


Neither have you because Jesus was Nazarene...so obviously your one of those non-smart peeps.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
Really? You cant look up the definition of religion?

Religion: A particular system of faith

Atheists BELIEVE(key word) that there is no higher power? Right?

Isn't that a system of beliefs practice by people?


Well you can chase that rabbit round the track if you choose. We are the higher power because we are a part of all that is. Believing or not will not change that outcome. It seems your choice is to identify a power that rides above all others and you are not alone, there are many variations on that theme. I know in my heart that every human, animal rock, tree, discarded soda can and radioactive trace element is God...All that is!



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Those that believe in the Roman Jesus have not done enough research into History or Spirituality. Period.

Poor misled Christians - you think your religion is so special, but it is probably responsible for more deaths than Stalin.
Honestly, you guys are working for Wal-Mart - you will not find God in a Church - which comes from the Scottish word KIRKE which is a derivative of Circe, the Goddess whom turned men into animals.



edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)


Neither have you because Jesus was Nazarene...so obviously your one of those non-smart peeps.


Thanks - take a moment to think here, without responding in a knee jerk manner. I used the term Roman purposefully - who made him famous? Jesus Christ is Julius Caesar - do your research. The Roman Catholic Church is responsible for perpetuating the lies of Constantine and his Council of Nicea - whilst covering up the life of Yeshua.

to wit, was he Nazarene? or Essenian? www.google.ca...
edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Originally posted by johngrissom
Really? You cant look up the definition of religion?

Religion: A particular system of faith

Atheists BELIEVE(key word) that there is no higher power? Right?

Isn't that a system of beliefs practice by people?


Well you can chase that rabbit round the track if you choose. We are the higher power because we are a part of all that is. Believing or not will not change that outcome. It seems your choice is to identify a power that rides above all others and you are not alone, there are many variations on that theme. I know in my heart that every human, animal rock, tree, discarded soda can and radioactive trace element is God...All that is!


Nope you got me all wrong. I do not claim any religion that is available to mankind. I do believe in God and Jesus...and I also believe that we make our own destiny. That it isnt controlled by a higher power above all as you put because case end point whether or not you believe in anything YOU as a person still answer for the BS.

Nobody has answered the question what is so wrong with believe in a higher power? No one says you have to go to church. Church is just the liaison and a place to talk to others about whatever your religion is.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Those that believe in the Roman Jesus have not done enough research into History or Spirituality. Period.

Poor misled Christians - you think your religion is so special, but it is probably responsible for more deaths than Stalin.
Honestly, you guys are working for Wal-Mart - you will not find God in a Church - which comes from the Scottish word KIRKE which is a derivative of Circe, the Goddess whom turned men into animals.



edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)


Neither have you because Jesus was Nazarene...so obviously your one of those non-smart peeps.


Thanks - take a moment to think here, without responding in a knee jerk manner. I used the term Roman purposefully - who made him famous? Jesus Christ is Julius Caesar - do your research. The Roman Catholic Church is responsible for perpetuating the lies of Constantine and his Council of Nicea - whilst covering up the life of Yeshua.

to wit, was he Nazarene? or Essenian? www.google.ca...
edit on 14-5-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)


Really? If I search Osama Bin Laden was in a homosexual relationship with Obama...it is some where on the internet. But Im just gonna put this here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Very first line: Jesus of Nazareth
N-A-Z-A-R-E-T-H

Then to point out the crap you are spreading: Julius Caesar (13 July 100 BC[3] – 15 March 44 BC)
What does BC mean again? Oh not to mention the fact that you are still a non-smart one because of the fact that Jesus has nothing to do with the Catholic religion...mention Jesus around a Catholic and they go ape nuts. Then stated in your previous post: about mislead Christians...Jesus was the messiah not a Christian. So you post a false statement. And just for #s and giggles Jesus was a Jew.
edit on 14-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In attempt to lighten the mood: what do you get when you cross a mormon with an athiest? someone who knocks on your door for no reason.



posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by minkmouse

Originally posted by johngrissom
Really? You cant look up the definition of religion?

Religion: A particular system of faith

Atheists BELIEVE(key word) that there is no higher power? Right?

Isn't that a system of beliefs practice by people?


Well you can chase that rabbit round the track if you choose. We are the higher power because we are a part of all that is. Believing or not will not change that outcome. It seems your choice is to identify a power that rides above all others and you are not alone, there are many variations on that theme. I know in my heart that every human, animal rock, tree, discarded soda can and radioactive trace element is God...All that is!


Nope you got me all wrong. I do not claim any religion that is available to mankind. I do believe in God and Jesus...and I also believe that we make our own destiny. That it isnt controlled by a higher power above all as you put because case end point whether or not you believe in anything YOU as a person still answer for the BS.

Nobody has answered the question what is so wrong with believe in a higher power? No one says you have to go to church. Church is just the liaison and a place to talk to others about whatever your religion is.


My answer would be that there is nothing wrong with believing in a "Higher power" There just needs to be respect with regards to the fact that we all don't see the same, how could we?



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join