It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Issues Warning of Solar Superstorm 2012 - "One Billion Could Die!"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Please take a look at these links - And ask your Government what they intent doing to protect the public????

the government has been busy getting the 'continuity of government' underground facilities up and running...

the government has also been testing then deploying all sorts of DARPA created Non-Lethal Cowd Control weapons many of which are being tested in Afghan & Iraqi theatres of aggression...

for finding out just how much the body can take without killing the targets, and then deploying these apparatus in the Homeland Security arsenal

if you are going to make it through the superstorm without infrastructure you had better be drilling your own secret waterwells or building covert cisterns that the local authorities don't know about...

these are in addition to your established bunker or safe room thats stocked with foods and some sort of food storage system (refrigeration)- solar powered after the particle storm torrent passes

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
our government would tell us if something that big was going to happen!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

It's extreme to say that "one billion could die." The only people who will be dying are those whose lives are inextricably linked to our power grid. Yes, that is a lot of people, unfortunately. But, even in the US, not all 300 million would die due to food/water shortage. Many people have their own wells, many have access to food in their communities.

In the US, the problem would be caused in large urban center by the following issues:

-heatstroke (if summer) / freezing to death (if winter)
-water
-food
-people who take advantage of the chaos
-people who panic
-pests / rats
-disease / contamination in the water you do access
-disease from septic systems and storm drains that no longer have pump systems operational

The solar storm itself should not affect anything relevantly (as it did not in 1867), but since we are so dependent on fossil fuels - and our main way of dependency is through the electric grid, we are susceptible. It would be smart to start taking advantage of your yard space now to grow food, at least supplementally.

It doesn't have to be a sign that you are paranoid or disaster-driven. In all honesty, growing your own food should not be unusual at all! It's pretty natural. Also, lower food costs.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

"One Billion Could Die!"....Really? you should be docked points for even thinking about adding that to the thread title.

Like we needed anymore sensationalist threads on ATS you have to go and make that absurd statement.

Bear in mind that there are over 6 billion people in the world today. Even a death rate of as low as 30% would be 2 billion people. Death tolls in highly advanced technological areas are predicted to be as high as 60% to 90% if a worst case scenario were to happen. As stated in an earlier post; I think if a solar event on the order of the Carrington event of 1859 were to happen today 1 billion is a conservative estimate.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Quite right. About 50% of the billion person estimation would likely be in Asia alone. Overpopulation there has made them extremely dependant on imported food and medicine. People joke that everything is made in China, but hardly any of this is food. And the food they do make is usually assembled from imported ingredients. There are a billion Chinese and another billion in India. Thats alot of mouths to feed. My guess is these counties will head up or over to Russia to fullfill their mouth quota, battling over Russia's wheat fields. War will break out. Those that don't die fighting for food, will die from a lack of it. Two countries, over a billion people each, both densely populated in many areas. A formula for disaster.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Perhaps this could be the loss of life contrary to the fact of all the nuclear reactors on U.S. soil that would potentially meltdown if could not find alternative cooling methods.

Map-Nuclear-Reactors

Scary part about this map is most of those reactors are very close to the New Madrid Fault.

Can you see how potentially widescale this could be??

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So if what is being said is in fact true (and not fear mongering) What would be the best thing to do to increase your chance of survival? I myself have the ability to live in the woods with just a knife and my BOB for months maybe years, but what exactly would be the best thing??

Just wanted to add I remember NASA mentioning this along time ago, that it happens in cycles, and the last time it happened was in the 1800s, sorry if its already been said, haven't read the full thread.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Please take a look at these links - And ask your Government what they intent doing to protect the public????

edit on 26/4/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags for external content

in india our leaders would pack their bags and head over to ohh switzerland (where they stash their loot in swiss banks)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Know your position in relation to wind patterns and (if you're coastal) water currents, to make sure you're not in the path of some nuclear meltdown. Remember, you can't see, taste, or smell radiation so you'll have to be vigilant. If you can do this, and survive in the woods as you said you should fair decent, provided you aren't dependent on any meds.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Thanks, and no meds here only rely on a couple of things and their all natural.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

They did a hellava job in WW1 and WW2 with no where near the level of tech and communication we have now. They could do it again.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Like we didn't have enough on our hands -

www.helium.com...

April 25, 2011

the resulting havoc to the economy and society.

The US would be slammed into an electronic Doomsday.

That gloomy report went under-reported and unheeded by the governments of the world. Now NASA is desperately trumpeting the danger and still most politicians turn deaf ears towards the warning and blind eyes towards the angry sun.

"One billion could die"

"Restoration of the infrastructure could take years—even a decade or more. During the interim more than a billion people could die worldwide—more if warfare breaks out between countries desperate for scarce resources.

Michio Kaku adds his voice to the warnings

World renown American astrophysicist Dr. Michio Kaku, Professor of Theoretical Physics in the City College of New York of City University of New York and the co-founder of string field theory, is worried about a potential catastrophe and has joined in NASA's warning."

Here is a link to his video:

www.youtube.com...

Fema Camps come to mind!

edit on 26/4/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags for external content

Crumbs and oh pooh! I sure hope this is not very accurate, my life is just on a plateau I never dreamed could exist.
Fingers crossed eh.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What is this 1 Billion could die and where on earth did Nasa say this? I find the Title of this thread to be very misleading.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The history channel has covered this hypothetical situation before. I live in Northeast Louisiana and if electricity were to disappear today I could survive on wild blackberries, crawfish in the ditches, fish, deer, etc. Some of you need to remember that it isn't impossible to live off of the land anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainboStar
You'll never see this on CNN.

Because they do fact checking...

Helium.com is anyone who wants to write something... think Sacha Faal

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well I would take NASA's word very lightly, with the photoshopped images from space, the secret 'space programs' such as project aurora and others, and the very low probability of predicting weather a week in advance being correct, how could they predict something in a years time?

LOL..... is all I have to say to NASA, they don't know barely anything. They just look at trends and computer models for the past 100 years of 'good' data and predict something may happen in 2012. Sounds like a hype conspiracy to keep people busy while they do their work behind the scenes. Just keep on watching the skies, pray for help from the Heavenly Father Yahuwah that He may show His favour on you to keep you safe in these last days.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The city is being rebuilt.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
While I'd agree the thread title is misleading in the NASA quote "One Billion Could Die!", and while the prediction may be off, it doesn't change the fact that an EMP is an inevitable "when", not "if". And just because NASA didn't claim the number of expected dead, it doesn't change the fact that the number is likely accurate, if not conservative.

Originally posted by Dolamite
The history channel has covered this hypothetical situation before. I live in Northeast Louisiana and if electricity were to disappear today I could survive on wild blackberries, crawfish in the ditches, fish, deer, etc. Some of you need to remember that it isn't impossible to live off of the land anymore.

That's supposing the wilderness isn't toxic. Don't forget, you have two nuclear plants in Louisiana, and an EMP may send them into a downward spiral towards full meltdown.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kove400

NASA doesnt account for everyone you know, there are many more people who study our stars and have learned alot.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
The city is being rebuilt.

The city is being rebuilt? I don't even know what the hell that means, "the city is being rebuilt". All I know is, this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a godd@mn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just stands there waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him... with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Sorry. I've been watching 'Big Trouble In Little China'. But seriously. Huh?
edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join