It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Issues Warning of Solar Superstorm 2012 - "One Billion Could Die!"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Seekeye2
"One billion could die"

Fear-mongering is rampant, nowadays, ain't it? Is there an official NASA release that we can read this study? And who made the above quote. It would be interesting to know.

Found the following on www.nasa.gov

www.nasa.gov...

Seems there is something to the story. Nasa is not saying what the OP article says about billions dead or catistraphic results but does warn it will be an issue for GPS systems and cell phones. The article was written prior to 2006 when the last solar minimum occurred and they expect solar maximus in 2010 or 2011 not 2012 so we can leave this out of the 2012 doomsday scene. Although I see this being adopted real quick once this hits the boards as it fits with their adgenda.
edit on 26-4-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by Hemisphere

Obama is shutting down NASA.

Really? Thats news to me.

You got a source to back up such a bold claim?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Obama overhauls NASA's agenda in budget request

Links to this article
By Joel Achenbach
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nearly half a century ago, President John F. Kennedy challenged America to put a man on the moon. Earlier this month, by killing NASA's Constellation program, President Obama essentially challenged the space agency to do something other than put a man back on the moon.

What that will entail remains unclear. The president hasn't actually spoken a word in public about his new strategy for NASA. Instead, the dramatic change in direction for the space agency was folded into Obama's 2011 budget request.

Change doesn't come easily at any major federal agency, and certainly not at NASA, where major strategic shifts take place only about once a generation. The decision to kill Constellation is akin to President Richard M. Nixon's decision to end the Apollo program in the early 1970s and build the space shuttle.

Not shutting it down just adding his 2 cents to the equation..OH .I`m sorry taking his 2 cents from the equation....
edit on 4/26/11 by awcgs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala

Originally posted by studio500
Yet in the below video David Morisson from NASA says that there is no threat from a solar flare.

So who is making this up?

It seems to me that Michio Kaku is always talking about extreme possibilities, once again he says perhaps......This guy is losing more and more credibility in my opinion. Dr Doom.

Check out the video around 2.45mins, who do you believe?

edit on 25-4-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

He has to be lying out os his ass, because that video was put on youtube in 2009, and I know this was all reported last year, so the dude knows nish.

I also feel very uneasy about this guy, I saw another video a couple of weeks ago which had him in it, and I did't trust him then, I trust him even less now.

Oh and to all those who wan't to make issue of the whole 1 billion deaths thing, it stands to reason that it is not going to be in plain text, you have to read between the lines a little.

Plus I do beleive Helium to be a pretty reliable source, if anyone knows differently, please correct me

Ok the guy in the video had me kinda...well until he said alignments have no affect on us...and that planetary alignments are not a concern for scientists....ummm WTF if the MOON AFFECTS US(HIGH/LOW TIDE), how can he expect to be taken seriously with a statement that alignments have no affect....LOL HE IS UNEDUCATED IN ALIGNMENTS, OR LYING OUT HIS ARSE!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by Seekeye2

GOOD!!!!! let it come,i hope it does,after having my heart ripped from my chest and stomped on,after being in the middle of a s-h-i-t storm of human crap,after watching that dog video that was just posted i think it would be a blessing

Wow.
I hope you have someone you feel comfortable talking to hon.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
All those other links from Nasa are old ones. Here is a newer one where they downgrade the Solar Max coming.

science.nasa.gov...

Not saying nothing bad is going to happen. It's still just a prediction and the 1859 incident happened during an average/small Solar max.

In addition they do say "The sun has been acting in an unexpected and very interesting way". Hmmmm....

edit on 26-4-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by Hemisphere

Obama is shutting down NASA.

Really? Thats news to me.

You got a source to back up such a bold claim?

My bad ZJ. Probably better put: Obama is castrating NASA.

Obama overhauls NASA's agenda in budget request

An excerpt:

Thousands of NASA employees are now uncertain about what they'll be doing. The uncertainty is even greater in the private sector, where thousands of NASA contractors are facing the end of a program that has been the foundation of the agency's human spaceflight strategy for the past five years.

Another article:

Obama budget proposal scraps NASA's back-to-the-moon program

Pardon my mistake. Still the premise remains, NASA needs to be needed.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Hemisphere because: link

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Does this mean my SPF50 block won't work anymore or do I need to go a bit higher?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

Thanks for jumping in there with that article. My bad!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I'm with you on this one sassy. Scare mongering at it's very best. There are many documentaries on such things that COULD happen but probably won't.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
reply to post by awcgs

Thanks for jumping in there with that article. My bad!

well we all know what you meant..just thought i`d throw it in there before all the Wolfs went for your throat. Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This thread is beginning to become redundant. No one is reading through each comment and are posting info or comments that have already been posted numerous times. So, let's sum up the facts:

-CMEs happen all the time (the 1800s account being a big mention on here), but the likelihood of one of these being pointed at the Earth are not that great.

-A 2012 prediction is a stretch, but an EMP strike is inevitable.

-An EMP doesn't have to come from the sun (I.E. high altitude nuclear weapon or other EMP device)

-When (not if) an EMP occurs; food, medicine, and water supplies will be interrupted. Nuclear Power Plants could meltdown.

-Wars for resources will occur.

-Those dependent on machines (pacemakers, dialysis) or medicine (insulin) to survive will die.

-Countries dependent on importing resources will become desperate.

-Crime will skyrocket, elevated by the greed of drug cartels, militias, and other militant groups hell bent on replacing the government's inadequacies with their own squables for control.

-In order to keep order martial law will be announced, FEMA will take control of the US government, making use of their many camps for those looking to cause trouble. FEMA's statutes will be inacted.

The list goes on and on, but I think we've covered them all in this thread.
The long short of the matter is this may have "happened in the past and we survived", but during that time our society was built on electronic technology. A millionaire one day, broke the next. Bank records would be wiped clean. Sure there is probably a paper trail to find your money, but without phones or the internet, good luck finding that trail. Not that money would be worth much once food and water become the new currency. Violence is a given, and since most communications will be down you can forget about dialing 911 for help. The same goes for reporting fires, or radiation leaks. Things will be bad. Mankind is an adaptive creature, but society is fragile, and the masses are fickle things.[
edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Uhm...if there is one thing we learned lately: Nuclear Power Plants - Power = Not Good Generators won´t help for long,since there are no Cars to refuel them...and no Control of the Plant because every Computer got fried...

And for People who come in and say "So what? It happened in the Past,and we are still here,nothing to worry about..." Did we have Microchips controlling everything the last Time?

Didn´t think so...

That's something a lot of folks don't seem too grasp. Our entire society runs entirely electronic now. If power went out, not saying that it will, but if it did for a day we would probably be fine, two days? Maybe. Three days? No, not a chance. After three days without power in the majority of the world everything would break down. Police cant respond when they have no notification, everyone would freak out when they realise they can't go to the grocery store, get their water supply etc.

The real damage would be the herd factor. We as a race of creatures would freak out, and that is where the real threat of doom comes from. Literally nothing would be worse than a solar flare causing a world wide power outage. Nothing.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Dr Michio Kaku also said that he looses sleep over this. Pretty wild statement.

I appreciated finding this thread. Just makes you realize the importance of sustainable measures.

Anything that comes our way can be dealt with after all the lowlives and insane people are dealt with.

It will take work like people have never known but can be done and maybe even lead to a better world.

edit on 26-4-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

according to the nasa article a pretty big storm occured in 1958. We had already put a man in space. The aurora borriallis was seen as far south as mexico that year. We had electric power and nothing big happened. (I know because I was born in 1957 and I am still here LOL) We did not have GPS or cell phones and those would be affected.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you look at nostradamus' Geneva quatrain, you'll see that this falls into a solar storm prediction. With the visual warning in the sky prior to the CERN explosion.

If you are anaware of the effects of solar storms on CERN, please read about the effects of solar storms on magents, put two and tow together heavy magnets cooled by liquid helium you'll see there are the works for a huge explosion when this storm happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

You may have posted this video, but this guy is blowing a lot of smoke out his rear.
Comet elenin?
Solar Storms?
Yeah the 2012 topic with niribu of course we know that this is not a planet, but what seemed like a planet or large object in the sky, to primitive natives could be a lot of things. As comet McN showed us they can become excited in flight and what was once small can become visably huge, especially if this were to occur to a say comet passing close to Earth as Elenin is supposed to do this summer/fall.
As far as the Solar storms are concerned his guy can not see the future and he has no clue what the sun will do in the next month to year from now. Are the chances of a huge solar storm possible, YES!!!!!!, Could a huge SS wipe out electric grids acroos the world, YES, why cause no one is taking this threat with more than a grain of salt. The only way to protect the electric structure from partial damage would be to kill all the power, and frankly that would never happen so WHEN the strom happens the damage will be as bad as immaginable.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

read about the 1859 storm if you want a sense of the damage a significant flare can cause not the lil one from then

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It is 2011, most will never see 2012.
Think about it, if everyone knew it was going to happen 6 months from now the economy would screech to a halt and crime would skyrocket. People would hoard food and water, they would be motivated by survival alone.
If the cat is let out of the bag making a payment on a 30 year mortgage or doing your spanish homework would seem kind of ridiculous wouldn't it?

And so what. If the world is going to end what does big govt have to gain by getting a few extra mortgage payments out of people??? If the world was really going to end or something as catastraphic as what is being proposed here were actually going to happen in 2011 or 2012 why not tell us to stop paying our bills and to go and enjoy ourselves at a nice resort instead? They wont need the money and the banks wont need the money so if its all gonna end why the hell not tell us to go have fun now while we still can. And as for spanish homework well you might still need spanish so better keep up with that and all the rest of your homework too. Knowledge is power. We'd better go out and get some on this subject...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Will any money be worth the paper it's printed on after an event like this occurs? Nope not a bit so makes no sense to say the govt doesnt tell us this so they can have more of our paper. Money wont matter when its time to rebuild society. Ingenuity and backbone, blood sweat and tears, stout constitutions and healthy bodies, these are the things that society would need if an event like this were to occur. Not a bank balance.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Not sure if this has been posted,but its worth reading.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join