It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Issues Warning of Solar Superstorm 2012 - "One Billion Could Die!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

NASA?
Didn't those guys (and gals) send people to walk on the moon 40 years ago and then suddenly stop the program for unknown reasons? They brought back rocks, shot some videos and decided there was nothing else to see there so they just stopped going. Makes perfect sense to me.
NASA has absolutely zero credibility in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Talking about a real nightmare....How would you like to be in New York City, Detroit, or Chicago and ALL electricity is gone for at least 5 yrs.... Talking about riots....You haven't seen a riot till this happens... I am sure glad I no longer live in a city....I can sit right here where I am and pick off anything that needs to be picked off, grow me a garden, and pump water up from my well.....I wouldn't live in a city between now and 2013 for all the money in the world....You know though, it a rarity to see NASA tell a little bit of the truth, them being "Never A Strait Answer"...... I just feel really bad though for the children that will have to go through with this...I'm old and don't give a dam, but they have their lives ahead of them which could be a good life if we hadn't let TPTB ruin it for all of us....

Funny you should mention that. Just this evening on my way to a meeting I drove several miles into "God's country" passing farms and beautiful country homes. It suddenly occured to me just how much these places stood out against the flat terrain and cropland. In an urban area where houses are just feet apart and buildings are thirty stories high it all blends together. Seems to me the last place you would want to be is alone on a farm with your house sticking out like a gold thumb.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

in the...video David Morisson from NASA says that there is no threat from a solar flare.

Thanks for posting that vid. It was factual and diplomatic, if a little elusive near the relevant end.

Genuinely, good on him for actually taking the time to attempt to allay a swath of people's fears, to succinctly address the Nibiru story and to genuinely try and ease the worries of what must be so many of the younger generation, feeding and fearing off wild stories and often without the benefit of any distinct wisdom to know better.
Likely not aided by it all being experienced in such a malleable and suggestible environment as the internet is, either.

Mind you, the attempt to 'connect to the demographic' they may be imagining by way of their reference to him in the graphic title as: "David Morrison, NASA Space Scientist" and not actually: "David Morrison, NAI Senior Scientist", could be construed as being a little patronising and 'dumbed down'...the title "Space Scientist" just seems too child-like...but I'm sure nobody would really notice, if I'm honest...!

In my humble opinion, not every collaborating factor is always considered in science, as there's just as much stubbornness as can be witnessed on the other side of the fence, that being religion.
Often scientists can be just as stubbornly against being shown their errors as can any religious apologetics, when juggling with the "Ultimate Truths of the Cosmos" and, like their metaphysically-minded opponent, or others of exceptionally high intuition but poor self-control, they can often be led by their ego to assume that what they know, actually equates to the sum of the whole, at least until they are finally proved to be wrong, as so many well-renowned, intellectual examples in our collective histories can attest to!

edit on 25-4-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

You can choose to ignore it!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's pretty much a given.. if NASA tells you one thing..
you can expect the complete opposite. lol

We all know that NASA is in bed with the military, the NSA, DHS, etc etc etc.....
and anyone in their right mind knows not to trust what the people from these agencies say or do...
So why would anyone in their right mind believe what NASA says?

NASA knows what's coming....
I know what's coming...
Many of you know what's coming...

and guess what?
I'm excited for it! lol
I can't wait.

I would prefer if it waited a few months at least.. maybe 6 or 7....
but if it happens before... whatever!

as my friends Crosby, Stills, and Nash once said....
it's been a long time comin....

and not everyone will perish..
Only those who are supposed to...
So why fight it?
Why fear it?
Why run from it?

Embrace it.
Gonna be sweet.

Plus..
We will have more Aurora Borealis in the skies than we've ever seen or thought possible!
Even if you live somewhere that never sees themm.
you'll see them!
and it's going to be sweeet!

Anyway....
I've got my custom made Faraday cages for my most prized/important electronics. lol

Really though..
Enough kidding around...

"The Big One" is on it's way.....
it's already been written........

and I personally, really am excited about it.

Bring it Sol!

Blessings

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
so here is some info on damage caused by some past solar flares..en.wikipedia.org...

The variations in the earth's magnetic field also tripped circuit breakers on Hydro-Québec's power grid. The utility's very long transmission lines and the fact that most of Quebec sits on a large rock shield prevented current flowing through the earth, finding a less resistant path along the 735 kV power lines

this is an interesting site with a list of past solar storms ect..www.solarstorms.org...

couple quotes

AT&T reported a voltage surge of 60 volts on their coaxial telephone cable between Chicago and Nebraska. Another 30 minute shutdown of phone service on Bell's cable link between Plano, Illinois and Cascade, Iowa was also attributed to the storm.

march 13, 1998

March 13, electrical ground currents created by the magnetic storm found their way into the power grid of the Hydro-Quebec Power Authority. Giant capacitors tried to regulate these currents but failed within a few seconds as automatic protective systems took them off-line one by one. Suddenly, the entire 9,500 megawatt output from Hydro-Quebec's La Grande Hydroelectric Complex found itself without proper regulation. Power swings tripped the supply lines from the 2000 megawatt Churchill Falls generation complex, and 18 seconds later, the entire Quebec power grid collapsed. Six million people were affected as they woke to find no electricity to see them through a cold Quebec wintry night.

so its how the storm will affect the things that humans need now to stay alive...imagine large cities without power...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Pay close attention too the date,,

I forgot how damn good this series was , used too watch it as a kid. Had too watch all three parts.

And of course logically Leonard Nimoy (Spock) would not make a mistake.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-4-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by BobAthome because: At the 4:40 mark those who wish too skip,,

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
It's pretty much a given.. if NASA tells you one thing..
you can expect the complete opposite. lol

We all know that NASA is in bed with the military, the NSA, DHS, etc etc etc.....
and anyone in their right mind knows not to trust what the people from these agencies say or do...
So why would anyone in their right mind believe what NASA says?

NASA knows what's coming....
I know what's coming...
Many of you know what's coming...

and guess what?
I'm excited for it! lol
I can't wait.

I would prefer if it waited a few months at least.. maybe 6 or 7....
but if it happens before... whatever!

as my friends Crosby, Stills, and Nash once said....
it's been a long time comin....

and not everyone will perish..
Only those who are supposed to...
So why fight it?
Why fear it?
Why run from it?

Embrace it.
Gonna be sweet.

Plus..
We will have more Aurora Borealis in the skies than we've ever seen or thought possible!
Even if you live somewhere that never sees themm.
you'll see them!
and it's going to be sweeet!

Anyway....
I've got my custom made Faraday cages for my most prized/important electronics. lol

Really though..
Enough kidding around...

"The Big One" is on it's way.....
it's already been written........

and I personally, really am excited about it.

Bring it Sol!

Blessings

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

December 24, 2011
I am so not even ready I thought I had more time. Well that is just disturbing. Thank you for sharing that though

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69

I hope you are right but I have something for you to think about that mite lead you to really think about your post here. What happens to every nuclear power plant on earth when a flare from the Sun shorts all or most of the wires out in them and they can't cool the rods any more, do you think there will be anything left alive on earth? If thats not enough a big enough flare from the Sun could even wipe the atmosphere from the Earth along with all life leaving the Earth sterile.

That is a very good point my friend..
and one I cannot argue or disagree with.

Very good question(s).
Questions I cannot answer,
but you are absolutely right..
that is a BIG concern!

I guess there is nothing we would be able to do about it anyway...
Other than hope for some kind of "Divine intervention" or something.

I guess I just have to have faith that The Universe knows what It's doing and everything will turn out exactly as it's supposed to....
and if everything turns out exactly as it's supposed to (whether we understand it or not),
Then who are we to decide whether it is less than perfect, or not?

There is a good reason for everything that happens, no matter what it is..
Even if we fail to see or understand it from our own little perspectives...

I dunno...
But your thought does concern me a bit...
Thanks for posting it..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I didn't see this one embedded but I might be mistaken.
FOX reporting on this news

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I hope you are right but I have something for you to think about that mite lead you to really think about your post here. What happens to every nuclear power plant on earth when a flare from the Sun shorts all or most of the wires out in them and they can't cool the rods any more, do you think there will be anything left alive on earth? If thats not enough a big enough flare from the Sun could even wipe the atmosphere from the Earth along with all life leaving the Earth sterile.

That is a very good point my friend..
and one I cannot argue or disagree with.

Very good question(s).
Questions I cannot answer,
but you are absolutely right..
that is a BIG concern!

I guess there is nothing we would be able to do about it anyway...
Other than hope for some kind of "Divine intervention" or something.

I guess I just have to have faith that The Universe knows what It's doing and everything will turn out exactly as it's supposed to....
and if everything turns out exactly as it's supposed to (whether we understand it or not),
Then who are we to decide whether it is less than perfect, or not?

There is a good reason for everything that happens, no matter what it is..
Even if we fail to see or understand it from our own little perspectives...

I dunno...
But your thought does concern me a bit...
Thanks for posting it..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If there is a significantly sized solar flare frying all electronics on the planet, most people would be completely reduced to nothingness, almost immediately.

We are now more vulnerable to EMP than at any time in the history of the planet. We have lost the ability to do things without electronics and machines, even simple things that we've done for thousands of years, the last 2-3 generations have forgotten how to do.

As much as many people on this site have bravado in that they say "this won't affect me as I'll just go live in the woods somewhere with a mountain of supplies" I wonder how many people can actually do this if they had to? Have you tried doing this for a year to see how you do in your chosen "habitat"? Likely you'll have to last much longer than a year.

Most people would be at a complete loss if they weren't able to call 911 in an emergency. Hey, we even see that people complain that they don't know what to do when the power goes out for a few hours in the winter.

People don't have common sense any more, and have a huge sense of entitlement that "someone else will be responsible for making sure I'm ok".

In the first few weeks of a national emergency, millions would die simply from lack of medication. Many medical ailments can be fixed without medication, but people tend to prefer to become reliant on pills instead of diet control or exercise to fix maladies.

Millions more would display symptoms of withdrawal as their electronic devices were forcibly removed due to the EMP, and would be completely useless without their electronics.

Millions more will die simply because they lack any sort of emergency plan, and lack the common sense to realize that a central help point would likely be setup at community halls, schools, fire stations, police stations, etc.

Millions more will die because "no one checked to see if they were ok". This happens every time there is a heatwave, sometimes hundreds of people die because they think they'll be fine if they save money by not turning on air conditioners.

Common sense ain't so common any more, and is your best friend in a survival situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AhmoseThanks I agree with you, Divine intervention is what I pray for every night for us all its scary as hell to think about what could happen to us and like you said the only thing that keeps me sane is hoping everything turns out exactly as it's supposed to even if we fail to see or understand it from our own little perspectives.

Indeed,
Like you..
I truly think that is the only thing keeping me 'sane'.

Blessings n Love, my friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
sooooo..... will it.... erase my Sallie Mae balance?.... I'm trying to see the good in bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
All it takes is one 1859 Carrington Event type storm to wipe out modern technology. The earth today is far more populated than it was in 1859 (most sources say around 1.2 billion) and much more reliant on technology to sustain that many people (currently nearing 7 billion). Once you remove farming equipment, water treatment, medicine factories, and automobiles from the equation, you begin to realize the potential for problems. And that's not even talking about potential nuclear meltdowns!

Warring over resources is likely, first on a local level. Rule of law will quickly break down. Once the local population is thinned out by riots and the like, those left will soon form treaties and ban together to invade neighboring countries for more resources. Limited nuclear attacks are possible if governments have properly secured them in hardened facilities, which is likely.

In the end, whoever controls the clean, non-radiated water supply is king.

These solar storms are real. They have happened before. They have never happened when humanity is living off of technology. The Carrington Event saw aurora as far south as the Caribbean islands and caused telegraph poles across the U.S. to catch fire. Imagine what that would do to the massive grid that we have now? Or our tiny circuited microchips? Ask Canadians living in Quebec in 1989. That was a baby solar storm and it knocked out their grid for half a day.

Like they always used to say about New Orleans and the "big hurricane" that would someday come, and like they say about LA and the "big one" earthquake, you can also say about the next massive solar storm: It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. Be prepared, deny ignorance. These are real events. You can't speculate that they won't happen. Only when, and they are very unpredictable.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'd believe Michio, because he is just straight up, no nonsense guy...me thinks he's on the money...

"And those raptured will be counted among the dead...."

Embrace your destiny...why fear it...

Peace
edit on 26-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Now these Solar Flare warning have gone on for some time now and Nasa is saying that we are approaching the period of danger but many of us here don't trust Nasa so - Is it a Solar Flare that will cause the lights to go out on Mankind.

I have another thread running along side this one and evidence being fed through that thread is making me sit up and listen to an area of Space Age Technology that to be frank I have ignored up until now. I am also beginning to think that the deniers of this technology exist because it is beyond mine and most peoples comprehension which makes it difficult to research and understand. But could be the reason why we are about to lose our electrical system and would also explain why Nasa haven't been certain as to when this may happen - bearing in mind the variety of their warnings.

Haarp as I have now a little understanding of, it seems according to the Physicist Tom Beardon has been used by the Soviet Union against the USA since the 60s - then improved on and used against Japan in the 80s among many other occasions by taking advantage of the week points on the earths tectonic plates and creating earthquakes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Leuren Moret the brave whistle blower Scientist who has worked in the Nuclear Industry also tells us in her presentation (in the link above) about the use of Haarp along with other facts that will astound you.

If you really want to be informed on Haarp take a look here: The Tom Beardon Videos are on page 9.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I didn't know before the nuclear crisis in japan that the plants needed outside energy you would think that something that supplies power could power its own necessities ironic i guess. Nor did i think of a solar flare hit the nuclear plants would be a issue guess I didn't think that too deep about it.

And then I see comments about drugs running out but I wonder if that wouldn't be a good thing since sometimes the side effects are worse than the sickness and the misdiagnosed. But I could see that being harmful.

Lastly I am curious if solar panels would be affected and if they couldn't be a solution, now I know that wont be nearly close to solving our power problem in event of catastrophe but I'd imagine you could set up centers for neighborhoods and the community rather than trying to power each house. I do find it hard to believe the billion dead number I know we are all so dependent on technology but seems a exaggeration, but I've been wrong before could just be naive.
'

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There's only one thing for it! If we're gonna have a big fat flare then everyone had better make sure that they have a big fat BLUNT to go with it! It helps to ease the pain don't you know !!!!
Besides, why not say that it's going to happen since there's no one that can tell us WHEN it's going to happen. 1 Billion dead? How's them figures dovetailing with the NWO crowd? 1 Billion, does that smooth out the Bankers balance sheets? We'll see, but it could be alot worse! It could be WWIII !!
Oh, right, that's already been going on know for what, 32 years now anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join